Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Discrimination In Igboland - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Discrimination In Igboland (4648 Views)

Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland / Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discrimination In Igboland by tonychristopher: 12:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
fingard02k:
I dont know why this is still happening in igboland.Why do we discriminate our fellow igbo brother and sisters?,What have they done that other igbo tribes have not committed before?.Im talking about ebonyi people (abakeleke or nwa aba in an offenceive way).I had been wittnessing this day in day out,calling them all sorts of name,anything bad,is nwa aba,fight,robbery,any mistake from okada man is nwa aba.this have now made most of them (ebonyi people) to denie,ashamed of their state of origin,some will even fight you if you tell or call them nwa aba,abakiliki.many of their girl are regarded as nothing even if she is beautiful or not.they are seen as animal especial here in awka and anambra in general and other parts of igboland (im anambrarian).their is this thing that people says about that made me to bring it up here,'if abakiliki man and snake enter his/her house that he/she chase away abakiliki and leave the snake' its a popular saying.I have been adviceing people to stop it but its just like pouring water in a basket.Please help make them to understand we are one.

I AM A PURE IGBO AND GREW UP IN IGBO LAND FROM ANAMBRA STATE AND I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS, BY THE WAY THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT US AS PEOPLE, U ONLY GIVE ONE ROOM TO LOOK DOWN ON YOU

ENGLISH LOOK DOWN ON SCOTS
RUSSIAN LOOK DOWN ON SLAVS
HAUSA LOOK DOWN ON IGBIRAS ETC

IT IS NORMAL BUT WHAT IS NOT NORMAL IS IF YOU ALLOW THEM TO LOOK DOWN ON YOU

BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN SUCH BEFORE...ALL I KNOW IS WAWA THING
Re: Discrimination In Igboland by omonnakoda: 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
Name calling is part of Eebo culture but they should keep it at home
Re: Discrimination In Igboland by soonest(f): 8:33am On Apr 30, 2015
eightsin:
A friend from Isuikwuato in abia state just made that statement that Isuikwuato people don't marry deltans and I'd like to find out how true.
It is not true. I have alot of people married to Edo people for that matter.
Isuikwuato people are the most liberal set of igbos

1 Like

Re: Discrimination In Igboland by soonest(f): 8:36am On Apr 30, 2015
Radoillo:

Thank you. Thank you. I've lived in Enugu. I've lived in Anambra. I visit Imo quite frequently (I have three brothers-in-law from there). And the claim that Northern Igbo folks are more clannish than everyone else didn't ring true with me at all.
Anambras are more clannish. Fact!
Re: Discrimination In Igboland by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 30, 2015
soonest:

Anambras are more clannish. Fact!

Okay.
Re: Discrimination In Igboland by omonnakoda: 10:16am On Apr 30, 2015
soonest:

It is not true. I have alot of people married to Edo people for that matter.
Isuikwuato people are the most liberal set of igbos
Lol! warraname!

Isu ku'ato grin grin grin
Re: Discrimination In Igboland by soonest(f): 11:09am On Apr 30, 2015
omonnakoda:
Lol! warraname!

Isu ku'ato grin grin grin
Lol. What do u think it means?
Re: Discrimination In Igboland by omonnakoda: 11:20am On Apr 30, 2015
soonest:

Lol. What do u think it means?
Somebody is greeting yam for releasing sperm !!

Isukuato grin grin
Re: Discrimination In Igboland by soonest(f): 11:28am On Apr 30, 2015
omonnakoda:
Somebody is greeting yam for releasing sperm !!

Isukuato grin grin
I should never have taken you seriously in the first place. Bye
Re: Discrimination In Igboland by Armaggedon: 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
Op the topic is needless because even ebonyians "discriminate" against themselves. Ohaozara and Afikpo pple feel they are more enlightened and have developed a demeaning stereotype on Ezza and Izzi pple.
Mockery didnt start today in Igboland. Imo pple were once mocked for doing jobs meant for female. Nsukka was once mocked too just like abakaliki but they went to school enmasse till the stereotype ceased.
Today anambra is known for being too money minded, imo mocked for prostitution. Enugu mocked for their dialect (wawa) and ngwa for their records on cannibalism.
Ebonyi is still mocked for being backward. If you are from their you will understand me. Ka anyi ghara ighogbu onwe anyi.

Inferiority complex is a thing of the mind. If you are truly not what pple call you, you wont feel inferior. But if you are as dirty as a pig and somebody calls u a pig u are bound to feel inferior.
U pple should look inwards, develop inorder to compete with others rather than opening meaningless threads.
Respect is earned not begged for.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Mothers Shld Be More Careful With Their Young Daughters Around Men / Nigerians, What Do You Think About People Who Smoke Weed? / Black Indigenes Of Japan, And From Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.