Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again (1216 Views)

My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Pressure To Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by Queencess1(f): 6:24am On May 05, 2020
He is always concerned abt evrything and everyone.. His high blood pressure started 2019 after d ASUU strike was called off.. I and my elder sister are in d university and his hardearned salary isnt enough to pay our schoolfees.. Salaries were nt paid during dat period... I dnt want him to have another high blood pressure as things are not getting any merrier here and my landlord in sch has been requesting for his outstanding 20k and i cudnt get a job..my purewater business didnt raise enuf and stil no salary..what shud i do as i am left wit no option than to tell him?
Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by Stephenomozzy(m): 6:27am On May 05, 2020

You know the lockdown would also have affected his savings too and likely salary (you didn't mention any other option, Mum? A close relative?).

But since asking him might be inevitable at this stage, I'd advice you use wisdom to ask him. Don't just go blankly and spill such expenses at him. You have to help create a very peaceful and joyful atmosphere for him first.

2 days before you're going to ask him, personally buy him/prepare a meal that he loves and tell him it's specially for him, that you all appreciate Everything he does and that you'll make him proud and do everything to make sure he enjoys you all when you start having your own money.
If you guys have a good rapport, spend time with him in the sitting room discuss neutral matters (away from covid if possible) that interest him.

On the day you're gonna ask him buy him a gift! Even if it's a new Singlet (or any gift you can afford)..... He'll be relatively calm and quite filled with Joy too (No, parents are not girlfriends that will read meanings to your gifts even before you ask for something). Then you MUST TELL HIM IN THE MOST POLITE WAY.... tell him you have been able to raise something yourself and didn't want to disturb him with it this time again... You just need his help with the balance.

The request won't hit him as much, because he's already in a pretty relaxed mood due to your surprise gifts.

This is something you can try, or something related. It's a gift to have a Dad that cares.

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by godofuck231: 10:12am On May 05, 2020
Queencess1:
He is always concerned abt evrything and everyone.. His high blood pressure started 2019 after d ASUU strike was called off.. I and my elder sister are in d university and his hardearned salary isnt enough to pay our schoolfees.. Salaries were nt paid during dat period... I dnt want him to have another high blood pressure as things are not getting any merrier here and my landlord in sch has been requesting for his outstanding 20k and i cudnt get a job..my purewater business didnt raise enuf and stil no salary..what shud i do as i am left wit no option than to tell him?

simply put,take him to a blood bank and he should donate blood, check for high oxygen levels in his blood too and if found the nurse should release the nipple valve on the blood bag, one pint of blood will balance him, it's caused by adrenaline build-up preparing for action which in 3 days turn into toxic cholesterol , narrows the veins and arteries, it stresses the heart and heart failure lurks.
when it also comes when the bone marrows produce too much blood and thick blood and very rich , so he might be a walking blood bank

1 Like

Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by Queencess1(f): 4:18pm On May 05, 2020
[quote author=Stephenomozzy post=89198836]

You know the lockdown would also have affected his savings too and likely salary (you didn't mention any other option, Mum? A close relative?).

But since asking him might be inevitable at this stage, I'd advice you use wisdom to ask him. Don't just go blankly and spill such expenses at him. You have to help create a very peaceful and joyful atmosphere for him first.

2 days before you're going to ask him, personally buy him/prepare a meal that he loves and tell him it's specially for him, that you all appreciate Everything he does and that you'll make him proud and do everything to make sure he enjoys you all when you start having your own money.
I am really grateful sir..

1 Like

Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by mediocre(m): 4:52pm On May 05, 2020
godofuck231:

simply put,take him to a blood bank and he should donate blood, check for high oxygen levels in his blood too and if found the nurse should release the nipple valve on the blood bag, one pint of blood will balance him, it's caused by adrenaline build-up preparing for action which in 3 days turn into toxic cholesterol , narrows the veins and arteries, it stresses the heart and heart failure lurks.
when it also comes when the bone marrows produce too much blood and thick blood and very rich , so he might be a walking blood bank
Wowww. Please @OP, do not listen to this man

1 Like

Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by Mizwisdom(f): 4:57pm On May 05, 2020
One of you should defer your education until the other finishes and gets a job. Promise him that you will complete it as soon as your elder sister rounds up.
Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by godofuck231: 8:34pm On May 05, 2020
mediocre:
medical conditions that cause an overproduction of adrenaline
are rare, but can happen. If an individual has tumors on the
adrenal glands, for example, he/she may produce too much
adrenaline; leading to anxiety, weight loss, palpitations, rapid
heartbeat, and high blood pressure.
As your body perceives stress, your adrenal glands make and
release the hormone cortisol into your bloodstream. Often called the
“stress hormone,” cortisol causes an increase in your heart rate and
blood pressure. It’s your natural “flight or fight” response that has
kept humans alive for thousands of years.
When the adrenal glands release cortisol into your bloodstream, the
hormone triggers a flood of glucose that supplies an immediate
energy source to your large muscles. It also inhibits insulin
production so the glucose won’t be stored but will be available for
immediate use.
Cortisol narrows the arteries, while another hormone, epinephrine,
increases your heart rate. Working together, they force your blood to
pump harder and faster as you confront and resolve the immediate
threat.
when these threats are not met with physical response these hormones become toxic like and the heart takes the stress constantly,
an escape from this is simply to reduce the blood pressure by donating. it's even advised to donate when having high bblood pressures, you don't need all that much blood, it kills you gradually.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by eyinjuege: 8:44pm On May 05, 2020
Please, just ask him to be using his blood pressure tablets everyday
He should lose some weight, stop smoking and stop taking alcohol

1 Like

Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by mediocre(m): 8:44pm On May 05, 2020
godofuck231:
immediate use.
threat.
when these threats are not met with physical response these hormones become toxic like and the heart takes the stress constantly,
an escape from this is simply to reduce the blood pressure by donating. it's even advised to donate when having high bblood pressures, you don't need all that much blood, it kills you gradually.

Why you come go copy Wikipedia come paste am for here. Did she tell you that her Father's high blood pressure is caused by overproduction of adrenaline, secondary to an adrenal tumour.... that you're asking him to go and drain his blood. Don't kill me man grin
Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by eyinjuege: 8:49pm On May 05, 2020
godofuck231:

Do you take kai kai?
Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by godofuck231: 8:53pm On May 05, 2020
mediocre:

Why you come go copy Wikipedia come paste am for here. Did she tell you that her Father's high blood pressure is caused by overproduction of adrenaline, secondary to an adrenal tumour.... that you're asking him to go and drain his blood. Don't kill me man grin
Nigerians it's well, this is the wrong place to share sensitive information, people who can't comprehend it turns it into combat

1 Like

Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by mediocre(m): 8:56pm On May 05, 2020
godofuck231:
Nigerians it's well, this is the wrong place to share sensitive information, people who can't comprehend it turns it into combat
You're the one who can't comprehend chief, and this is not a combat. You shouldn't say stuff you know nothing about, just because it's the internet. You literally just diagnosed someone of having an adrenal tumour simply because his blood pressure is high. It is normal for someone in that age bracket to have high blood pressure, what he should be doing is taking antihypertensive medications... not trying to drain his blood.
Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by godofuck231: 9:46pm On May 05, 2020
mediocre:
You're the one who can't comprehend chief, and this is not a combat. You shouldn't say stuff you know nothing about, just because it's the internet. You literally just diagnosed someone of having an adrenal tumour simply because his blood pressure is high. It is normal for someone in that age bracket to have high blood pressure, what he should be doing is taking antihypertensive medications... not trying to drain his blood.
did you even read and understand my write up? " sometimes" not on this case, issues could vary not that a tumour caused this particular issue, please drop the topic, am being misquoted,
Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by Thompsonpet(m): 12:36am On May 06, 2020
godofuck231:
immediate use.
threat.

Please sir, I need more clarification on this. I'm just 28 and my blood pressure is always very high even when I'm not thinking of anything.
Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by godofuck231: 7:29am On May 06, 2020
Thompsonpet:

Please sir, I need more clarification on this. I'm just 28 and my blood pressure is always very high even when I'm not thinking of anything.
go to a blood clinic and check if you a qualified to donate, check PCV level first, if it's advised, go ahead and donate, some people produce more blood than usual and you don't need that much because your bone marrows will reproduce more in 3 days time
Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 06, 2020
Qloreal check ur mail for the US number for WhatsApp
Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by Queencess1(f): 7:25pm On May 06, 2020
eyinjuege:
Please, just ask him to be using his blood pressure tablets everyday
He should lose some weight, stop smoking and stop taking alcohol
he is taking his medications evryday...there is no weight to lose.. He doesnt smoke and not really a fan of drinkin alcohol jst once in a while...thankx dear..i am grateful
Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by Queencess1(f): 7:36pm On May 06, 2020
godofuck231:

dear...thanks for sharin ur knowledge wit me..bt dad is scared wen it comes to blood donation
Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by Queencess1(f): 7:50pm On May 06, 2020
godofuck231:

dear..am really grateful for dx rare knowledge u shared wit me..bt dad is scared of blood donation..i tld him abt it
Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by Queencess1(f): 7:56pm On May 06, 2020
Mizwisdom:
One of you should defer your education until the other finishes and gets a job. Promise him that you will complete it as soon as your elder sister rounds up.
dear...i did step down 2016 when i gained admission..dad and mum won't agree again...i am currently in my 3rd year and big sis in her final year

1 Like

Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by Queencess1(f): 8:07pm On May 06, 2020
mediocre:
thankx 4 watchin out 4 us..bt evry suggestion matterx to me...i am glad u guys spare ur time to help provide solution..i am grateful

1 Like

Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by godofuck231: 8:19pm On May 06, 2020
Queencess1:
dear...thanks for sharin ur knowledge wit me..bt dad is scared wen it comes to blood donation
a woman once rushed her daughter to the hospital sometime ago and the child was half gone, the nurses couldn't find the baby's veins, even from under the feet no signs, the young doctors did what they could and no way forward, not to make the professionals look stupid I left them to do what they could while she wailed on phone calling all the powers that be ,i simply told the doc the solution, he looked at me like a madman, pride the ingredient to failure, after all the child was almost gone, vital signs dropped rapidly, that child was Las chance gone and the nurses lost hope in the case, I simply asked the mum if she trusted me, she said if I was a doc, it told her no, she called her husband and he said "anything but death do it" I simply took the IV needle and pierced the sheen into the bone, the nurses screamed and rushed for the doctors attention, he came fumi?ng and boiling, that why am I giving treatments and I should walk out, after 5 minutes plus the child's vitals came up, severe diarrhoea and vomiting , simple ORT she couldn't prepare till it became near fatal, a consultant walked in later and commended me for the effort, asking me details, some medical procedures are simple but complex, no one ever liked injections, but when it's life or death the choice becomes open.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by godofuck231: 8:21pm On May 06, 2020
Queencess1:
dear..am really grateful for dx rare knowledge u shared wit me..bt dad is scared of blood donation..i tld him abt it
consult your physician first
Re: Help: I Dont Want My Fathers Blood Pressure To Increase Again by frozen70(f): 5:45am On May 07, 2020
Queencess1:

You can seat him down amd discuss with him about his health and you will want him to live and enjoy his children

Let him know that you are also doing your best to make ends meet from your own side and you have been struggling to provide some things for yourselves without asking him

Words of counselling can heal a man's heart

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

60 Inch Samsung smart Tv for sale / We Do It For Valhalla. / Eating In The Dream, Good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.