Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' (33721 Views)

Betta Edu: When Obasanjo, Yar'adua Were Presidents - TonyeBarcanista / Atiku Abubakar Arrives Yar'adua Centre In Abuja For World Press Conference. PICS / Ibrahim Yar'adua And Saratu Sodangi To Wed (Wedding IV Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by decatalyst(m): 6:48pm On May 05, 2020
festacman:
It unAfrican to speak evil of the dead. However, late President Umaru Yar'adua selected Goodluck Jonathan as his VP but soon after inauguration, relegated him as though he did not exist. His presidency witnessed the first use of the term CABAL in democratic era. His pretty wife Turai Yar'adua was highly influential and powerful. VP Jonathan was so irrelevant in state affairs that Chief James Ibori was the one who was consulted on Niger Delta matters. (Here lies the main reason for Jonathan's vendetta against James Ibori, which drove him into exile in Dubai from where he was extradited, by order of Dubai court, to UK for his trial and imprisonment.)

Even when it was obvious that the sick President Yar'adua was on life-support machine in faraway Saudi Arabian hospital, the CABAL led by first lady Turai Yar'adua, Dahiru Mangal, Abba Ruma, and Babagana Kingibe shut out VP Jonathan from government. It took street protests from Nigerians organized by Save Nigeria Group led by Pastor Tunde Bakare, the bold speech of late amazon Mrs. Dora Akunyili at FEC meeting, even when able-bodied men lost their voice, for the Senate led by David Mark to act decisively to save Nigeria from constitutional crisis by adopting Doctrine of Necessity to empower Jonathan as acting President.

The rest of the story forms interesting part of Nigerian history.

Rest in Peace, Umaru Yar'adua!

You have written well.
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by weezyfeesy: 11:46pm On May 05, 2020
Paperwhite:
The late President Umaru Ya'Addua is a rare breed president Nigeria has ever had.

So true how to make money as a kid at home
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by joshuanwankwo(m): 12:44am On May 06, 2020
MondayUche1986:
I swear down and I can do anything to get Lagos like this I swear down

i called someone in uyo but he wasnt sure,
ikot ekpene has closed interstate, and aba case is crossing to abia from akwaibom. but try your luck first at uyo itam.
my number is 08133142234 so you can brief me on how it went.
Re: Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' by Codes151(m): 8:42am On May 06, 2020
Pelecius:

Really? Are those verses teaching life abd love?
Is that not definition of hate?

It's nice that it is a muslim who's quoting them.
not the portion quoted... Abi they claim na religion of peace na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibikunle Amosun Visits Bola Tinubu In London / Tinubu Makes Undisclosed Stopover In Paris, France / Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.