Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions (45733 Views)

The Abacha Govt You People Eulogize / Did You Receive Any Stipend From The Abacha Loot Disbursement? / Who Brought Up Ideas Of Murder During The Abacha Junta? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by Dcoy: 10:50pm On May 05, 2020
Abeg make them tell this dumb people say some of us don wise pass this level of cheap back up propganda... Stolen funds has always been returned to the origin countries in several instances worldwide.. Even to Nigeria severally.. Never has their being a condition and clauses like these..... Dumb backup... Only for the dumd and low thinkers
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by inyenejo(m): 10:50pm On May 05, 2020
Re-loot the loots , buharigg and his 40 gang of thieves have looted far more than what Abacha looted
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by Agugbadin: 11:07pm On May 05, 2020
gasparpisciotta:
So sad. This will also go the way of others before it.

Absolutely
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 05, 2020
HITMEUP4ANYBIZ:
any deal ? grin

Rubbish, these people are crazy, how many times will you collect loan before you finished your elephants project, $320 million dollar to feed the poor... you people should fear God

God must punish these politicians that turned Nigeria into this, you shall not have peace for putting us through this hardship

I have Netflix and PIA VPN @ a lil amount
God no go cum down punish dis people, we need do am ourselves
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by Engrgreg231(m): 11:30pm On May 05, 2020
The previous funds was for school feeding and people especially from the north are still complaining of hunger I pity this country
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by Babaken(m): 11:37pm On May 05, 2020
Be to loot again
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by Yankee101: 11:40pm On May 05, 2020
Same projects that keeps getting multiple allocations and never ends
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by zexy2030(m): 12:38am On May 06, 2020
buhari n kwaruption. hmmmm...
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by Siscooh: 12:39am On May 06, 2020
GEC Government was corrupt But GMB government is not corrupt.
Nigerians deserve Buhari

Haaaaaa! Those funds Looted already.
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by bulla77(m): 2:55am On May 06, 2020
Wish this were true. Dis one na waste of stationery.
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by Dnonso22: 3:52am On May 06, 2020
At this point... Can you still say Abacha was a thief? I don’t know how you may think on it but to me, he was a good man if he can see the future of this country and decided to save money for us, cuz this man really saved a lot for us ooo.. just have a rethink if those money were not there, situation will be worst than this...

He saved for the real thieves..

No government after him that have not gotten millions of dollars from his savings..,While every current government gets nothing from previous government rather than critics, so he was a good man... Believe it or not
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by witworth(m): 4:54am On May 06, 2020
I know you're lying but continue your format.
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by galadima77(m): 5:02am On May 06, 2020
"Money stolen from the citizens of this country". So you guys haven't stolen a penny from same citizens yet.

Fine grammar to cover up money that's been shared/stolen already! We're not fools!
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by MichaelRey97: 7:40am On May 06, 2020
how much is the money in Naira
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by danzyworld1(m): 10:04am On May 06, 2020
References:
STATEMENT ON THE RETURN OF THE ABACHA STOLEN MILLIONS FROM THE UNITED STATES AND JERSEY

On Monday, May 4, 2020, some $311 million US Dollars - stolen from the citizens of Nigeria during the Abacha regime - were safely returned to our country from the United States.

These funds have already been allocated, and will be used in full, for vital and decades-overdue infrastructure development: The second Niger Bridge, the Lagos-Ibadan and Abuja-Kaduna-Kano expressways - creating tens of thousands of Nigerian construction jobs and local skills, which can then be useful in future projects.

Part of the funds will also be invested in the Mambilla Power Project which, when completed, will provide electricity to some three million homes - over ten million citizens - in our country.

The receipt of these stolen monies - and the hundreds of millions more that have already been returned from the United Kingdom and Switzerland - are an opportunity for the development of our nation, made far harder for those decades the country was robbed of these funds.

Indeed, previous monies returned last year from Switzerland - some $320 million US dollars - are already being used for the government’s free school feeding scheme, a stipend for millions of disadvantaged citizens, and grain grants for those in severe food hardship.

Without these funds, the fight against Covid-19 would be even tougher.

The latest return is a testament to the growing and deepening relationship between the government of Nigeria and the government of the United States.

Without the cooperation both from the UK Government, the US Executive branch and US Congress, we would not have achieved the return of these funds at all.

For years many countries deemed successive Nigerian administrations as too corrupt, too venal and too likely to squander and re-steal the stolen monies - so they did not return the funds.

Today, US, UK and other jurisdictions have found the partnership with the nation of Nigeria they can finally trust.

The Buhari Administration is committed to - and is enacting - total and zero tolerance to corruption in politics and public administration.

The days when government was seen and used by the political class as their personal ATM to empty are over.

The time of better governance and clean hands in the affairs of state is here to stay.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
May 5, 2020

https://www.facebook.com/1636468759900542/posts/2603939996486742/

na only Lagos, Kaduna etc be Nigeria ehh. who Na last last go die life this money
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by pseudaria: 1:20pm On May 06, 2020
Golan007:

The money is Nigeria's and our sovereignty is superior to whatever whims disgruntled voters or foreign governments might have.

Debt is part and parcel of global economics and 300 odd million dollars is simply a drop in the ocean of debt.

America as we speak are attempting to borrow 4 trillion dollars but many of you think 300 million dollars is a big deal.

Nigeria is an overpopulated, underperforming nation stemming from the poor rate of productivity of its citizens.

As I've always clamoured, we must build infrastructure and more importantly private citizens must invest in factories and not Hotels, Petrol stations or houses of worship.

It boggles the mind that Nigerians do not understand the simple concept.

What you are saying is correct but it all comes down to the sincerity and competency of the govt of the day, Buhari's nepotistic, senile and kleptomaniac cabinet will not add an inch to Nigeria's infrastructure instead the monies will be relocated to swiss, Panamanian and Monacan accounts. That is the bane of Nigeria's peoples
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by Odunolumide(m): 3:04pm On May 06, 2020
kunletexs:

Can you do your research properly again? If the tallest bridge is constructed with 3 years, the long spanning bridge 5years, what is a lagis- ibadan expressway doing for 50years if good governance is there.

Please update your knowledge please.

grin grin you must be an old man/woman not to identify what language I used in writing that.
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by kunletexs: 5:27pm On May 06, 2020
Odunolumide:

grin grin you must be an old man/woman not to identify what language I used in writing that.

Which language? Admit you are not properly informed and stop hiding behind BS.

Your statement shows you belong to the chew gum generation that why you are insulting when you should rather take to correction.

Go and learn manners
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by Arakengeworld(f): 6:33pm On May 06, 2020
If you can spare me 5mins of your time I am too sure

it will be the most resourceful and productive time especially in this pandemic.

I'm too certain some of you guys had been taking action in the freelance platform - UPWORK and it getting approved but statistics shows that 98% accounts get rejected on daily basis.

My major goal is help people in this category out as the fight is against the massive recession that would occur as a result of the pandemic and not you my fellow human.

Now I'm going to offer my help to a limited number of people, to get their upwork Account Approved to start earning in dollars and spending in Naira. If you are yet to sign in it it also for me to help you cut your signing in curve short.

You see, the market is too large for only few individuals to benefit from. It offers you a very great privilege to changing your financial life as a freelancer. Some o many platforms give run for you to Upwork and Fiver help you showcase your skill and get paid- Fiverr; upwork

Dont be part of the global recession that would wreck across the globe and have lots of cash in your bank account.

Earning is � guaranteed in as much as you're skillful at what you do and even if you are not
so skillful what is required of you is to get the people skillful in it and get it done for you and pay them a token for you to deliver to your client on Upwork.

As a result of strict policy account approval is always difficult because their bot approve upwork accounts and not humans. Only bots do, so to bypass the bit and get approved, you just need to be aware and smart.

Perhaps, you had been in this situation one time or the other before, probably were told someone will attend to it...oh please forget it, you won't be approved.

That's why I decided to write here...

I've decided to help anyone interested in scaling their freelancing service using upwork to get their account approved within 2MINS for a cheap price...

And if interested chat me up via
WhatsApp: https:///2348169384066
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by iyoha240: 7:57pm On May 06, 2020
nice
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by Odunolumide(m): 8:35am On May 07, 2020
kunletexs:

Which language? Admit you are not properly informed and stop hiding behind BS.

Your statement shows you belong to the chew gum generation that why you are insulting when you should rather take to correction.

Go and learn manners

The language is sarcasm Mr elder state man.

At least I am right in saying you guys are old ,tobacco sniffing generation.

You think I actually meant the road is 50years due or it is the longest road in the world?
Even a fool wouldn't believe that.
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by kunletexs: 9:29am On May 07, 2020
Odunolumide:

The language is sarcasm Mr elder state man.

At least I am right in saying you guys are old ,tobacco sniffing generation.

You think I actually meant the road is 50years due or it is the longest road in the world?
Even a fool wouldn't believe that.

Sarcasm my foot. That would have been seen in your sentence a mile away. You were giving a fact which is not correct. Chew gun and Indian hemp smoking generation.
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by Odunolumide(m): 9:51am On May 07, 2020
kunletexs:

Sarcasm my foot. That would have been seen in your sentence a mile away. You were giving a fact which is not correct. Chew gun and Indian hemp smoking generation.

Lol. Really
Re: Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions by kunletexs: 1:24pm On May 07, 2020
Odunolumide:

Lol. Really

O no!, not really. Just making it up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ismaila Isa Funtua Is Dead / Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Court Premises, Amidst Tight Security / A View From The Cockpit Of A Nigerian Air Force Jet (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.