Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS (4601 Views)

Kogi, Lagos, Rivers Most Expensive States In Nigeria – NBS / Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) / Only 5 States Paying N30,000 Minimum Wage – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by enehvictor: 2:43pm On May 06, 2020
In order of the states with the poorest people:

- Ebonyi = 79% poverty status

- Enugu = 57% poverty status

- Abia = 30% poverty status

- Imo = 28% poverty status

- Ekiti = 28% poverty status

From the map, states marked in yellow are states with least poverty in the southern Nigeria, while the states marked in brown are states with highest rate of poverty.

2 Likes

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by Ezennwa(m): 2:48pm On May 06, 2020
hmm!

Concocted story and utterly inconsequential

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by Tissaia(f): 2:49pm On May 06, 2020
Like seriously Borno 0.0 are you kidding me

1 Like

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by totit: 2:57pm On May 06, 2020
Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by totit: 2:57pm On May 06, 2020
Tissaia:
Like seriously Borno 0.0 are you kidding me

Borno was not taken into the stats. Lagos is number 1 on the list.

1 Like

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by Adekamkpe23: 3:04pm On May 06, 2020
See poverty in the SE, this is why they're all over Lagos.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by SpaceTour: 3:19pm On May 06, 2020
Ok. Will comment later
Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 06, 2020
so if this true, how was the survey carried iut

1 Like

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by Arrewa: 3:38pm On May 06, 2020
Are you trying to tell me that igbo land is the poverty capital of the south?

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by helinues: 3:43pm On May 06, 2020
Abeg my hand no dey sad

1 Like

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by slivertongue: 3:46pm On May 06, 2020
I like this!!! but what maks Ekitti beta than Enugu ? atleast I know the two . can NBS list industries In these states?
how come d SIP list d SE as the region with d least number of poor people
Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by dukeprince50: 3:47pm On May 06, 2020
a counter thread? not worth it man.
Though I believe the stat is wrong seeing where Abuja is and Bayelsa/kwara ahead of Rivers? Borno is 0.0? ur weed must be the strong one

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by kettykings: 3:50pm On May 06, 2020
enehvictor:

Any Person who believes this needs a brain surgery so Imo state that is the power house of Education in Nigeria , that is has the tourism business after lagos and Abuja, that has oil deposits and a Booming Aviation Business is now poorer that Osun and Oyo that are living off stomach infrastructure funds , ritual forest proceeds and Marijuana Plantation income .

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by Melezenawii: 3:50pm On May 06, 2020
Space booked
Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by enehvictor: 3:57pm On May 06, 2020
kettykings:

Any Person who believes this needs a brain surgery so Imo state that is the power house of Education in Nigeria , that is has the tourism business after lagos and Abuja, that has oil deposits and a Booming Aviation Business is now poorer that Osun and Oyo that are living off stomach infrastructure funds , ritual forest proceeds and Marijuana Plantation income .

Which tourism? Please don't mistake booming prostitution market and cheap hotels to tourism. Any tourist site in Imo state? No. Tourists only know of Cross River that has a lot of tourist attractions.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by dukeprince50: 4:00pm On May 06, 2020
slivertongue:
I like this!!! but what maks Ekitti beta than Enugu ? atleast I know the two . can NBS list industries In these states?
how come d SIP list d SE as the region with d least number of poor people
This stat is wrong, Kwara/Bayelsa above Rivers State and Abuja just above the national level

7 Likes

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by superlightning: 4:02pm On May 06, 2020
enehvictor:

From the map, states marked in yellow are states with least poverty in the southern Nigeria, while the states marked in brown are states with high rate of poverty.

What are you insinuating? Jesus, you're so ignorant.

LAGOS been the least poverty ridden state is because there are no sizable igbo population there right?

Quit being mischievous biko

2 Likes

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by AsomughaChuks02: 4:04pm On May 06, 2020
kettykings:

The calculation was done with the whole of Imo state not only Owerri. The rural parts of Imo state is infested with poverty. Imo has the worst rural areas in south east. That is the reason why the poverty index of Imo is so high.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 06, 2020
I believe most literate ibos are not on nairaland or they are keeping quiet. If the Igbos posting nonsense here represent an average igbo mentality, then biafra is dead on arrival.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by princdebola201(m): 4:08pm On May 06, 2020
South east region the is the poverty capital of southern Nigeria you igbos should deal with it

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by princdebola201(m): 4:10pm On May 06, 2020
cry
kettykings:

lol dont mistake ashawo business in owerri for tourism

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by kettykings: 4:13pm On May 06, 2020
AsomughaChuks02:
The calculation was done with the whole of Imo state not only Owerri. The rural parts of Imo state is infested with poverty. Imo has the worst rural areas in south east. That is the reason why the poverty index of Imo is so high.

Do you know that a village , Oguta in imo state has better living conditions than most places in Lagos, please where in Imo state is infested with this chronic poverty that i dont know about, I can show you place in Lagos that is on the edge and worse than war torn Zones with people living on borrowed time and waiting for instant death , where 1 million boys gang are bred from bastards and broken homes. places where the living conditions are not fir for human existence, Ilaje in Bariga, Olowu in Ikeja, Some place around Ikotun and Ejigbo then Coconut axis around Apapa

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by slivertongue: 4:16pm On May 06, 2020
dukeprince50:
This stat is wrong, Kwara/Bayelsa above Rivers State and Abuja just above the national level
kwara that depends on the Fg for 97% of her funding needs. like I said, i like it, at least it makes a log of wood feel like a crocodile
Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by dukeprince50: 4:19pm On May 06, 2020
princdebola201:
cry lol dont mistake ashawo business in owerri for tourism
chai, total knockdown.
Mayday Mayday, Delta 2 u copy? we've been hit, I repeat, we've been hit... man down, man down, we need reinforcement. kachap

1 Like

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by Gracchus: 4:19pm On May 06, 2020
kettykings:

Do you know that a village , Oguta in imo state has better living conditions than most places in Lagos, please where in Imo state is infested with this chronic poverty that i dont know about, I can show you place in Lagos that is on the edge and worse than war torn Zones with people living on borrowed time and waiting for instant death , where 1 million boys gang are bred from bastards and broken homes. places where the living conditions are not fir for human existence, Ilaje in Bariga, Olowu in Ikeja, Some place around Ikotun and Ejigbo then Coconut axis around Apapa
Interesting, so why can't y'll stay in that Oguta that has better living conditions than Lagos? Do you love living in that overcrowded Lagos so much? Who in his right senses would leave a very serene a d highly developed place like Oguta and move to a dirty and chaotic place like Lagos? Isn't that topnotch foolishness?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by Eastlink(m): 4:22pm On May 06, 2020
dukeprince50:
Trust that Voodoo list at your own peril.
Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by Melezenawii: 4:23pm On May 06, 2020
princdebola201:
Chai
Total Annihilation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by enehvictor: 4:23pm On May 06, 2020
AsomughaChuks02:

Very true
Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by enehvictor: 4:24pm On May 06, 2020
Gracchus:
Interesting, so why can't y'll stay in that Oguta that has better living conditions than Lagos? Do you love living in that overcrowded Lagos so much? Who in his right senses would leave a very serene a d highly developed place like Oguta and move to a dirty and chaotic place like Lagos? Isn't that topnotch foolishness?

Very good analogy

2 Likes

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by oluwadabira111(m): 4:28pm On May 06, 2020
What I know about the list is that some data are right while some are very wrong!!

2 Likes

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by kettykings: 4:37pm On May 06, 2020
princdebola201:

the Headquaters of Ashwo business is Lagos and not Owerri , Owerri is the capital of Club Business

1 Like

Re: See The 5 States With The Poorest People In Southern Nigeria- NBS by kettykings: 4:40pm On May 06, 2020
Gracchus:

The lopsided , and hopeless Federal structure is why i have to come to lagos to do my business , as soon as Nigeria is restructured i am leaving lagos and selling off my Landed property. The useless federal structure being run in Nigeria made sure every thing was located in Lagos. The Banks , the consular houses, the Oil company headquarters , the Banking quarters etc , Lagos is living in past glory , no big deal about lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie / Nigerian Arrested In Houston, Texas For Money Order Fraud. Emmauel Akioyamen. / APC: Ngige For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.