Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri (30814 Views)

Which Is Easier To Raise, Male Child Or Female Child? / My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Ebukawaylaid(m): 10:05am On May 08, 2020
Nigerian author Reno Omokri has penned down a post explaining why female kids are way more valuable than male kids.

According to Omokri, female children are loyal and this is a thing that can not be said for most male children.

In his words;

”Dear men,
Take a tour of any hospital of your choice. You will see wives and daughters sleeping there because of their husbands and fathers. Hardly will you find a husband or son. And you are saying you don’t want a female child. You are a FOOL! All children are valuable, but a girl child is especially valuable, because women are likely to be more loyal than men. Christ had 12 disciples. But how many of them were at Golgotha during his death? Only one. Yet, 4 of His female followers were there. Loyalty is a WOMAN!”

Do you agree with him? Share your opinion

https://www.informationng.com/2020/05/female-child-is-more-valuable-than-male-child-reno-omokri.html/amp

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Stephenomozzy(m): 10:06am On May 08, 2020
angry

Immediately you start comparing or appraising one gender As especially more valuable over the other, your argument no matter how coherent you may sound, becomes void of sense!

Children are EQUALLY valuable irrespective of their gender, and how valuable they turn out is highly dependent on the environment and kind of parenting they received while growing up!

If we're to counter his use of the Christ at golgotha story (for sake of argument), how many women went to take down Jesus' body from the cross?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Davash222(m): 10:08am On May 08, 2020
Mr Reno,

When the wives and daughter are sleeping at the hospital, the husband and son are running around getting money for the hospital bills. If everyone sleep in the hospital, how will they settle the bills?
Besides, sleeping in the hospital is not the yardstick to measure caring and loving.

A child is a child irrespective of the gender.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Ezennwa(m): 10:13am On May 08, 2020
hmm!

A male child is more important than a female child. In many cultures, a male child is more important than a female child.

A male child will carry the family NAME, and his children will have the same last name.

If a family only has a DAUGHTER, the family name will die out. Also, a son can be an heir APPARENT to the father.

Furthermore, Who is the head of the family? The answer is the father and a father is a male child for the parents.

A male child retains the fathers name. He is the person who will pay the bride price of a woman.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by suzzyboss(m): 10:16am On May 08, 2020
Stop spitting trash ...
Just say your female child or relative is better than your male child or relative..
Every family has their own opinion...
That's pure stereotype

1 Like

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Ebukawaylaid(m): 10:17am On May 08, 2020
Davash222:
Mr Reno,

When the wives and daughter are sleeping at the hospital, the husband and son are running around getting money for the hospital bills. If everyone sleep in the hospital, how will they settle the bills?
Besides, sleeping in the hospital is not the yardstick to measure caring and loving.

A child is a child irrespective of the gender.

This is true because without money for treatment, they wouldn't be admitted in the hospital.
Again, in the African traditional culture a family without a male child is not regarded.

However, I think a female child is as important as a male child.

2 Likes

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Davash222(m): 10:22am On May 08, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
angry
If we're to counter his use of the Christ at golgotha story (for sake of argument), how many women went to take down Jesus' body from the cross?
The women only came after Jesus was buried in the tomb. None was even there to help Him carry the cross.

2 Likes

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by KNOWMORE56: 10:28am On May 08, 2020
I think he is writing this because of the man who killed his newborn baby girl.
In that case, I will say let's do everything possible to discourage such people.
Personally, I have noticed that there's something special in girls children.
They seem to be more concerned about their aged parents than male children.

12 Likes

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by nepapole(m): 10:30am On May 08, 2020
This Reno self na touch... Today he makes sense, tomorrow he talks rubbish...

3 Likes

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by ThothHermes: 10:46am On May 08, 2020
Nigerians don't read. angry

They just read the headline and run with it.
Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Mindlog: 10:57am On May 08, 2020
Be grateful for whichever you have been blessed with.

1 Like

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Mariangeles(f): 11:05am On May 08, 2020
Someone created a thread with a similar topic a while back...
The headline is kind of outrageous.

Truth be told, females are more understanding and compassionate.

2 Likes

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:07am On May 08, 2020
When people generalize, it shows a lack of deep thinking. We are who we are.
Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Ebukawaylaid(m): 11:12am On May 08, 2020
Mindlog:
Be grateful for whichever you have been blessed with.

They are all good.
Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by LordKO(m): 11:15am On May 08, 2020
He's taken a bribe from our sisters. LOL. A reasonable child is more valuable than an unreasonable child - reasonableness has never known gender.

Also, he should understand that loyalty is different from self-interest - self-interest is a woman, at least it's a positive thing in this regard.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by bukatyne(f): 11:16am On May 08, 2020
Ebukawaylaid:
Nigerian author Reno Omokri has penned down a post explaining why female kids are way more valuable than male kids.

According to Omokri, female children are loyal and this is a thing that can not be said for most male children.

In his words;

”Dear men,
Take a tour of any hospital of your choice. You will see wives and daughters sleeping there because of their husbands and fathers. Hardly will you find a husband or son. And you are saying you don’t want a female child. You are a FOOL! All children are valuable, but a girl child is especially valuable, because women are likely to be more loyal than men. Christ had 12 disciples. But how many of them were at Golgotha during his death? Only one. Yet, 4 of His female followers were there. Loyalty is a WOMAN!”

Do you think Reno Omokri has a point here?

https://www.informationng.com/2020/05/female-child-is-more-valuable-than-male-child-reno-omokri.html/amp

He is doing same thing he is trying to solve. undecided

What is the difference between him and a man who says male children are more important because they 'carry' the family name?

A child is a child is a child.

3 Likes

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by crackkhaus: 11:20am On May 08, 2020

All children are valuable, but a girl child is especially valuable, because women are likely to be more loyal than men. Christ had 12 disciples. But how many of them were at Golgotha during his death? Only one. Yet, 4 of His female followers were there. Loyalty is a WOMAN!”

As long as he can tell this to his boys, about how they are not as valuable as the girl child, that he knows and is not expecting them to be at his bedside when he's old and frail... then no problem. grin

Reno can carry on, but he should start the preaching from his house so he can be taken more seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Richy4(m): 11:42am On May 08, 2020
Gaggi:
When people generalize, it shows a lack of deep thinking. We are who we are.

After this corona lock down, I will email you a bottle of Fanta for your post cool
Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by bukatyne(f): 11:43am On May 08, 2020
crackkhaus:

As long as he can tell this to his boys, about how they are not as valuable as the girl child, that he knows and is not expecting them to be at his bedside when he's old and frail... then no problem. grin

Reno can carry on, but he should start the preaching from his house so he can be taken more seriously.

I wish undecided

Don't be surprised if the guy is as misogynistic as they come.

Na by mouth?

Daddi might be an abusive husband like that.

I have seen enough empty words to trend from these celebrities not to take any controversial thing they take seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:53am On May 08, 2020
Too much of comparisons! Why can’t we just stop!

Each child, gender has a distinct/unique role. Both are needed for balance.

For each time a comparison is made, you inadvertently relegate one to the background. A preference for one sex over the other is largely a matter of opinion, and will always be debatable... not an absolute.

That being said, I want

A girl and a boy
Two girls and a boy

If the Lord says I shouldn’t have both sexes, then two daughters! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:57am On May 08, 2020
This guy hardly ever say anything sensible.
Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 08, 2020
Richy4:

After this corona lock down, I will email you a bottle of Fanta for your post cool
Lol. It will be appreciated.
Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by crackkhaus: 12:12pm On May 08, 2020
bukatyne:

I wish undecided

Don't be surprised if the guy is as misogynistic as they come.

Na by mouth?

Daddi might be an abusive husband like that.

I have seen enough empty words to trend from these celebrities not to take any controversial thing they take seriously.
Lol, Mr. Reno is an interesting person every other day. grin

I wouldn't classify him as a celebrity though, more like someone who gained relevance through politics during Jonathan's administration, and has strong (sometimes controversial) political opinions...which is why I follow him on social media.

The thing is, anytime he takes a break from dealing with political issues and delves into social/family issues, he struggles by trying to play both sides. grin
Today he is anti-women, the next day he is anti-men.

Anytime he makes comments like the one above, most of the responses on his pages are from people telling him to please stick to political issues.
I mean, if you're going to appease both genders, it's better to be the umpire who sits on the fence by saying something like "all children regardless of gender are a gift, and one should not be more valuable than the other".

But not Reno Omokri cheesy
He has to say something that will trigger reactions.

This is someone who also hits hard at women by calling them frauds because they wear makeup to look better and deceive unsuspecting men, has also called women lazy and entitled, even talked about unmarried ladies in the photo below...

He doesn't know where to stand on gender issues.

5 Likes

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 12:27pm On May 08, 2020
Recently, I was speaking to my friend who has two boys. She said she wanted only boys because boys usually take care of their mums. I asked her one question that made her rethink. I asked her ...amongst her and her siblings, who visits the parents more, checking in on them often. Her answer changed her mind.

Both genders are valuable though. They all have their parts to play.

True that it's the ladies that are most likely to sleep in the hospital with their parents or children. At different times when my parents were hospitalized, it was the ladies that took turns staying and caring for them.

There are other ways the guys show their own support. It was never an issue we fought about.

3 Likes

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:52pm On May 08, 2020
Ezennwa:
[b]hmm!

A male child is more important than a female child. In many cultures, a male child is more important than a female child.
I am sure it is the male that will carry belle by himself and born the pikin.

A male child will carry the family NAME, and his children will have the same last name.
This is because most cultures are patrilineal and does not make it impossible for lastnames to be passed through matrilineal lines.Don't you know that not all men choose to answer their family name.Some even give their children their own first names as lastnames for their kids.Barrack Obama,Clinton,Bush and every other powerful man out there have all daughters.Even Vladimir Putin has two daughters.And their names will still live on in history How many people their family name help?

If a family only has a DAUGHTER, the family name will die out. Also, a son can be an heir APPARENT to the father
I will rather have a daughter that will make me proud and take care of me than have a useless son that will bring nothing but shame and insult to me he would have even tarnished the so called family name by doing so.

Furthermore, Who is the head of the family? The answer is the father and a father is a male child for the parents.

A male child retains the fathers name. He is the person who will pay the bride price of a woman.[/b]

Your points are so archaic how does being a head make you better or important than others.Who told you that some women do not play much leadership roles in their families better than their irresponsible husbands that are just figure heads.Does paying brideprice make him much better and intelligent than a woman?These are just cultures and societal stereotypes that can change at anytime

That said a child is a child train a responsible child boy or girl and you will be happy you did.
The comparisons are uncalled for.

4 Likes

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 3:55pm On May 08, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

If a family only has a DAUGHTER, the family name will die out. Also, a son can be an heir APPARENT to the father.

A male child retains the fathers name. He is the person who will pay the bride price of a woman.

I wonder how this all important male child will have the children that will make his father's name live on? Through another male?

1 Like

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by bukatyne(f): 4:01pm On May 08, 2020
ImaIma1:

I wonder how this all important male child will have the children that will make his father's name live on? Through another male?

Sadly, there is a new trend where wives pick the first name & last name of the husband hyphenated or the first name of the husband as her last name and the kids also adopt same.

The family name phases out after a short while.
Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 4:05pm On May 08, 2020
bukatyne:

Sadly, there is a new trend where wives pick the first name & last name of the husband hyphenated or the first name of the husband as her last name and the kids also adopt same.

The family name phases out after a short while.

I have heard about that. Some weeks back a friend was asking me why I didn't do it. He said his wife has her surname with his surname. He was really trying to get me to do same like he had a stake in it somehow.

We that we drop our middle names plus the surname.
Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by jesmond3945: 4:27pm On May 08, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

are you the guy that threw his baby on the floor? Is only igbo people that do this nonsense and look at where we are as a tribe.

1 Like

Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Bola146(f): 5:04pm On May 08, 2020
wink wink Kindly increase the volume...
Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by bukatyne(f): 5:09pm On May 08, 2020
Bola146:
wink wink Kindly increase the volume...

What makes the female child more valuable?
Re: Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri by Dainy1(m): 5:11pm On May 08, 2020
Every child is important

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! / My Wife Doesn't Apologise For Anything.. I'm Tired / Help! Family Planning Keeps Failing Us, She Is Pregnant Twice This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.