Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) (5486 Views)

Birth Of A Monster: How The Northern Oligarchy Nutured Boko Haram / The Northern Oligarchy Are Preparing To 'aguyi-ironsi' Goodluck Johnathan / Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by odumchi: 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2011
Nigeria:Peace and progress, unity and faith is your moto isn't it? It is obvious that Easteners are excluded from this promise. Easteners are the slaves of Nigeria while the nation is led by the triangle of demons (babangida, Abacha, and obasanjo).

My country has failed me. We Easteners are promised one Nigeria and are lied to daily. They tell us "democracy" but it is actually a "themocracy" which excludes us. Nigeria is ruled by the Islamic Yoruba and Hausa-Fulanis who are effectively ruled by the Sokoto Caliphate. The Sokoto caliphate controls Nigeria and Islam, the strange religion rules all of us here in this country. Everytime I look at Nigeria, I weep and ask "What did we ever do to deserve this? Why are we Igbos, Ibibios, Ijaws, Efiks, and Bendels given a back seat role in our own nation?"

The Answer to this question is greed. The northerners were greedy and therefore manipulated their false power to their advantage, and excluded us from our rights. In 1959, Northern Nigeria was the most desolate place in the nation while the south was thriving and wealthy. The British sir Lugard rigged the election in favour of the north since it would not be "fair" for the rich south to control both the economy and politics. Now brothers and sisters look 52 years later, for the first time in the history of Nigeria, the North is richer than the south while the south produces 95% of Nigeria's wealth. The cities and roads in Northern and western Nigeria such as Kano, Ibadan, Lagos and Kaduna thrive while the cities in Southern Nigeria such as Aba, Onitsha, Enugu, Calabar, and Port Harcourt rot away. Trillions of Naira are being spent on the extravagant beautification of cities such as Lagos while common necessities such as usable roads and bridges are being overlooked in the east. Take a look at the Nkana bridge linking Akwibom state and Abia State across he IMO river. This bridge was bombed in the Biafran war back in the 60s up till today, it is still on the same condition. There are no handlebars accross the bridge and it is basically wooden planks connected by two iron bars but still everyday hundreds of motorists and peoplee risk their lives crossing it. Please be honest, isn't there something wrong?

The Northerners have soiled our educational system. They have stolen money from our various European and America an donors and have given jobs to their questionable sons and daughters who have little or no qualification for the job, while in the east millions of graduates sit idle due to lack of job opportunities. One such ret. northern Army officer gave his daughter a job as a judge in the federal high court. She was presented with the case of a many by the name of Dr.Chibuike whose bail she bad deliberately rejected for 2 years. She rejected his bail not because of any reason but simply brcuase her husband Alhaji Ibrahim Musa told her not to. In Islam, a wife must obey all the instructions of her husband and can face punishment if she does not. Is this how our country works? Are federal court decisions handled in the bedrooms of husbands and wives?

When Asked why she did not accePt his bail, she said that she can not accept the money from him or any of his family members rather he must produce the traditional chief or ruler of his village to produce the bail! This kind of nonsense os unheard-of anywhere in Nigeria. Can you imagine the emir of Sokoto appearing in a court in Enugu to pay the bail of an Hausa man? No! Then why must this happen to us Easteners?

The Federal republic of Nigeria is actuLly the Islamic kingdom of Nigeria. If you do not believe me, search Sharia republic of Nigeria in YouTube.
Please comment on this very serious issue. I would like to hear each and every one of your responses.

All of the jobs are be
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2011
odumchi:

"What did we ever do to deserve this? Why are we Igbos, Ibibios, Ijaws, Efiks, and Bendels given a back seat role in our own nation?"

lol, "Bendels"? Is that an ethnic group? Is it in the east?
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Olaedo1: 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

use your brain and stop acting like an imbecile2.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2011
Just hang on. Very soon, it will be over. The hand writing is already on the wall.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2011
Ola edo:

Who's acting like an imbecile2? What's an imbecile2? Is it related to an imbecile1 or an imbecile3?

These are important questions.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

THANK YOU OOO!

@ OP
How did yorubas rule you guys? Is it not only shonekan and obj? Did people complain about Nnamdi and ekweme? Abgiiii, stop spewing trash!!!
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Olaedo1: 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Who's acting like an imbecile2? What's an imbecile2? Is it related to an imbecile1 or an imbecile3?

These are important questions.

Like the humor.You've killed my objective. grin
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Missy85(f): 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2011
take it easy & dont get so frustrated,

Everywhere you look, a lot of Igbos are getting on with life and doing well. If there was state prejudice before, I doubt whatever is left of it, if any, is as bad as you make it.

Yes the govt (incl state govts) needs to spend a lot more on infrastructure in the southeast, but to suggest that people in other regions have it great is overstretching your point.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2011
Ola edo:

I do not get you ooo! WAS HIS QUESTION NOT A VALID ONE?
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 12, 2011
And here the other buffoon was crying about the domination of Igbos in Nigeria yest.

Who and who is really suffering? Let's take a cyber trip to Jos, who are really the targets?  Let's travel to Lagos, who and who is really suffering?

Instead of typing on NL, most of you  in Nigeria should join the MASSOB [You dont have to be Igbo] and fight for the separation of Nigeria. All these internet whining is not going to cut it.

Becoomrich, ikeyman, dem people, Udeuze, etc. . . .plz get together and do something about this because we are tired of reading the same threads everyday.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Olaedo1: 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2011
jason123:

THANK YOU OOO!

@ OP
How did yorubas rule you guys? Is it not only shonekan and obj? Did people complain about Nnamdi and ekweme? Abgiiii, stop spewing trash!!!

You are not yoruba so bud out,Stick to the Bendel claim. Let yoruba speak for yoruba.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Olaedo1: 8:15pm On Jan 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

And here the other buffoon was crying about the domination of Igbos in Nigeria yest.

Who and who is really suffering? Let's take a cyber trip to Jos, who are really the targets?  Let's travel to Lagos, who and who is really suffering?

Instead of typing on NL, most of you  in Nigeria should join the MASSOB [You dont have to be Igbo] and fight for the separation of Nigeria. All these internet whining is not going to cut it.

Becoomrich, ikeyman, dem people, Udeuze, etc. . . .plz get together and do something about this because we are tired of reading the same threads everyday.

I feeeeeelz you!
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by jason123: 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2011
Ola edo:

You are not yoruba so bud out,Stick to the Bendel claim. Let yoruba speak for yoruba.

Is it not a nigerian issue? I repeat, I consider myself yoruba but I am of itsekiri origin. I have an affinity with them. I do not speak for my people oo!

. . . . . HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TYPE THIS ON NL undecided
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by odumchi: 8:27pm On Jan 12, 2011
It is time for people to wake up and become active.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by odumchi: 8:28pm On Jan 12, 2011
Yes bendels are an ethnic group that speak Igbo and Bendel.
And I am not saying that other regions have it great, no. But they are stealing our oil from our backyards and are using the money in ways that do not concern us at all. It is as if someone stealing your birthright.

It is time for people to wake up and become active.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Akhenaten: 8:28pm On Jan 12, 2011
Real anger is brewing in the East. Igbos are becoming more disastified with Nigeria. 40 years is a very long time. When will the East see the promise land?

Awake my Igbo brethren. Awake my Ogoni brethren. Awake my Ibibio brethren. The Ijaws are already awake.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Missy85(f): 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2011
i thought about 70% of the oil belongs in the niger delta & offshore, rather than Igboland? I mean the concept of a 'east' has changed now. i doubt all the groups in old east have the same agenda now. just a thought.

thats not to disagree with you that most of the money generated ends up with a few people who least deserve it.

I agree the current situation is unsustainable.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by odumchi: 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2011
IleKe Idi, You have not seen real poverty that is why you are disregarding this serious problem. Your people are enjoying their full rights but we have no say In anything. Your people have all of their federal rights secured and they have potential.

My people are working their bones dry to gain stolen rights, my people are suffering and leaving their eastern homeland in search of economic opportunities in cities like Lagos, while yours have everything they need to succeed at their fingertips. My people are suffering living in shacks in Yorubaland, pushing wheelbarrows in your land, shoveling dirt and dying working for an opportunity to live a decent life.

Your towns are recieving electricity even though if is taken while towns such as Arochukwu in my land have not seen light for months. I have seen true poverty with my eyes so do not arouse my anger and tell me anything about suffering.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by odumchi: 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2011
@ Missy 95, the Igbo language is spoken widely in Rivers State, Delta State and the rest of the Niger Delta by both Igbo and non Igbo elements. So yes, The Igbo exist in the Niger Delta.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Missy85(f): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2011
dont let your anger overshadow some legitimate points you have made.

i've never been to your part of nigeria but i was moved by some of the points about lack of infrastructure & abject poverty as you put it. I sympatise.

But comments such as - yorubas have all they need to succeed but they cant,  is inflammatory. You mean yorubas are failures? thats not a credible statement.

Everywhere you look in nigeria, there's poverty, so these probs are not peculiar to your parts.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Missy85(f): 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2011
im aware there are Igbos in the ND.

thanks Odumchi.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 12, 2011
odumchi:

IleKe Idi,  You have not seen real poverty that is why you are disregarding this serious problem. Your people are enjoying their full rights but we have no say In anything. Your people have all of their federal rights secured and they have potential.

My people are working their bones dry to gain stolen rights, my people are suffering and leaving their eastern homeland in search of economic opportunities in cities like Lagos, while yours have everything they need to succeed at their fingertips. My people are suffering living in shacks in Yorubaland, pushing wheelbarrows in your land, shoveling dirt and dying working for an opportunity to live a decent life.

Your towns are recieving electricity even though if is taken while towns such as Arochukwu in my land have not seen light for months. I have seen true poverty with my eyes so do not arouse my anger and tell me anything about suffering.

Then you obviously need to start caring because the jargon you just typed is what I typed a few weeks ago about my own people [Ekiti people].

If your people are suffering in Yorubaland, then why not go to where they would not suffer? Why suffer in another man's man?

Yoruba people suffer in Nigeria, but they prefer to suffer in their own land. If Yoruba and other non-Igbo people were enjoying Nigeria, then this thread would be legitimate. Since no partiality or favoritism has been shown by the H-F-Y "oligarchy", what gives? The leaders are more concerned about feeding their own pockets.

Can another jobless person create a "Why are Yoruba People Being Targeted in Jos" thread? I'm currently at "work", thanks in advance.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by redsun(m): 9:07pm On Jan 12, 2011
Easterners doesn' suffer shiite.Naija is a fu_c_ked up country,no one region is better off except d thiving politician
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by redsun(m): 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2011
Igbos are cool man,making money.In no time reality will overtake delusion in nigeria.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by T9ksy(m): 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2011
Everytime I look at Nigeria, I weep and ask "What did we ever do to deserve this? Why are we Igbos, Ibibios, Ijaws, Efiks, and Bendels given a back seat role in our own nation?"

when your elders decided to form a coalition with the Fulani oligarchy at independence, with them as a junior partner, am sure you all supported them. Ironsi and his goons should never have insisted on centralised govt.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by redsun(m): 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2011
Why will anybody be concerned about being part nigerian rogue government if that person is not a rogue?
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by redsun(m): 9:23pm On Jan 12, 2011
It is taking pride in being part of of association of retards and imbeciles that nigerian government represents
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by odumchi: 9:31pm On Jan 12, 2011
Thankyou Missy.

@ Ileke Idi, you don't understand. The Igbos were being oppressed and fought a war to escape such suffering. One million Igbos died fighting for that dream. 1milliom people gone, one million hopes and dreams sacraficed, one million was one tenth of our pop at that time. And as if that was not enough, we today are still suffering more than before. One million people died for no reason, my own ancestors died in that war, they were forcefully conscripted, pulled from their farms and equipped with rifles and caps to fight an enemy with machine guns and tanks. Entire villages destroyed, (My heart weeps as I write this), towns were burned and families separated for no reason. Today millions if former soldiers maimed and injured beg alongside the highways. These were the same people that Guwon promised "peace and reassimilation".

My people are imprisoned in their own land and no one seems to care. The highest a young Igbo bot can hope to be in Nigeria is a governor in his fund-chocked state. While an illiterate Hausa or Fulani boy can answer Alhaji at the age of 15.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Olaedo1: 9:41pm On Jan 12, 2011
odumchi:

Thankyou Missy.

@ Ileke Idi, you don't understand. The Igbos were being oppressed and fought a war to escape such suffering. One million Igbos died fighting for that dream. 1milliom people gone, one million hopes and dreams sacraficed, one million was one tenth of our pop at that time. And as if that was not enough, we today are still suffering more than before. One million people died for no reason, my own ancestors died in that war, they were forcefully conscripted, pulled from their farms and equipped with rifles and caps to fight an enemy with machine guns and tanks. Entire villages destroyed, (My heart weeps as I write this), towns were burned and families separated for no reason. Today millions if former soldiers maimed and injured beg alongside the highways. These were the same people that Guwon promised "peace and reassimilation".

My people are imprisoned in their own land and no one seems to care. The highest a young Igbo bot can hope to be in Nigeria is a governor in his fund-chocked state. While an illiterate Hausa or Fulani boy can answer Alhaji at the age of 15.

Odumchi, She understands that.What she is saying is that we are all being oppressed.Everybody(southerners) want out of nigeria as much as the Igbos do.
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by aljharem(m): 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2011
odumchi:

Thankyou Missy.

[b][size=13pt]abegi shattap there ,,, shut at your ,mouth

who is an illiterate hausa/fulani undecided when he is more educated than you

if he gets a better job that you, good luck to for life then

when your leaders were forcing us in this marrage called nigeria, u did not know that we were illitrates then, abi tongue

now the dice is cast u are complaining, u better go and met nnamdi and ojukwu your fathers to find solution to the problem they have caused for themselves, mumu

was it not nnamadi that ensure that awolowo was imprisoned while he was the president grin grin tongue

i tell yorubas never to trust igbos again in there lifes, it is because this marrage is not working for you that is why you igbos keep shouting seccession grin cowards just like ojukwu,,,shame

some of your igbos are even happy that your igbo brothers die in jos,,, typical igbo mentality grin

yorubas do not listen to this igbo,,i tell you,,, do not listen to them

was it not ojukwu that wanted to libirate your people undecided from what i ask undecided

"hisses"

my northern brothers, in as much as i condemn this killing, you have tpo ask yourselves, what about the hausas that were killed by the berom, noone is reporting that abi

northerners must think here[/size][/b]
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2011
odumchi:

Thankyou Missy.

[size=18pt]My people are imprisoned in their own land and no one seems to care[/size]. The highest a young Igbo bot can hope to be in Nigeria is a governor in his fund-chocked state. While an illiterate Hausa or Fulani boy can answer Alhaji at the age of 15.

I am sorrow for the sorry, you're feeling, all will be well soon.

My questions for you tho:

1. How are they being imprisoned?

2. Who is imprisoning them?

3. Who and what is stopping any Igbo boy from becoming anything higher than Gov.?

4. Your idea of suffering is. . . . ?

So far, Igbos on NL have said that the Non-Igbos are the ones in suffrage. Even my husband, Becommrich, said the same thing a while ago. So once again, who is really suffering in these useless stone-age country called Nigeria?

I think your issue is with Fulani and Hausa people because so far you have not yet stated what the Yorubas are doing to "discipline" Igbo people.

my own ancestors died in that war, they were [b]forcefully [/b]conscripted, pulled from their farms and equipped with rifles and caps to fight an enemy with machine guns and tanks.

A lot of Igbos on NL will beg to differ with you on this one.
I think you guys should get together and figure out what is [b]really [/b]causing the itching. One day, some people say Z, another day, some people say A.  undecided
Re: Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) by redsun(m): 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2011
Stop feeling sorry for urself mr.Igbo got to realize what's important collectively and put d fools in their place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funny Pictures Of Amaechi Trending In Rivers State / "Compare Jonathan’s Security Team With Buhari’s Security Team" - Reno Omokri / Breaking! Man Killed BY POLICE In Abuja For Coronavirus Lockdown(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.