Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,812 members, 7,844,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today (29370 Views)

Ernest Shonekan Buried In ₦30 Million Vault, ₦8 Million Casket / Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today (Then Vs Now Photos) / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Jonasbadoo(m): 10:30am On May 09, 2020
Exc2000:

grin grin grin

I also expect you to run away from the offer like Nnamdi Kanu and Ojukwu cowardly ran

whether Yoruba are loved oo or not, Tinubu and Pastor Osinbajo are men enough to find out and not run like a coward chiken, hiding behind Fulani that they call cows online

Tinubu and that your missing VP are asslickers especially the former who has already sold his people for an unrealistic ambition
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Exc2000: 10:35am On May 09, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
We know too well who the cowards are , just like how obafemi Awolowo ,MKO Abiola and others died a coward's death ..
I'm being realistic , I'm not a fool
so it's a northwestern fulani against you guys tbh
As I said earlier
how will Yorubas get the votes to win?

since you aint man enough to be on the ballot, why not let a brave Fulani man ask a brave Yoruba man questions of 2023 while the cowards can bite the dust

atleast Abiola fought till the last day he was poisoned by condoleza rice and other US agent, Ojukwu on the other hand ran off living 3 million ibo dead behind and that's why MKO is respected in Nigeria and Ojukwu is disregarded

like I said before discussing Mainstream politics with Ibo is a waste of time, its not like any party would allow you contest anyway
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Jonasbadoo(m): 10:38am On May 09, 2020
Exc2000:

since you aint man enough to be on the ballot, why not let a brave Fulani man ask a brave Yoruba man questions of 2023 while the cowards can bite the dust

atleast Abiola fought till the last day he was poisoned by condoleza rice and other US agent, Ojukwu on the other hand ran off living 3 million ibo dead behind and that's why MKO is respected in Nigeria and Ojukwu is disregarded

like I said before discussing Mainstream politics with Ibo is a waste of time, its not like any party would allow you contest anyway
see wailing
I pity you
A fulani will win again and you guys will still be trapped in this God damning country
You guys don't even have the balls to separate and will not even last three months if you do ...
MKO hanged himself ,even your propagandist media knows that ...
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Exc2000: 10:46am On May 09, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
see wailing
I pity you
A fulani will win again and you guys will still be trapped in this God damning country
You guys don't even have the balls to separate and will not even last three months if you do ...
MKO hanged himself ,even your propagandist media knows that ...

pity youself my friend... 20 years of new democracy, Yoruba has President 8 years(obasanjo), Vice President 8 years(Yemi Osinbajo), Senate President 4 years(Bukola Saraki), Speaker 10 years (Patriciah Eteh, Bankole and Gbajabiamila), countless deputy speakers chief whip, majority and minority leaders, what exactly can Ibo lay claim of Politicaly to qualify to even discuss National Politics? Ibo Senate President that Obasanjo changes like used sanitary pad or DSP that is as useless as a used tissue paper, prompting Igbos to naked and beat him

Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by okefrancis: 10:52am On May 09, 2020
I joined millions of people to celebrate the with our interim president in person of Earnest Shonekan for his 84th birthday
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by TheChameleon: 10:57am On May 09, 2020
maestroferddi:
And Abacha outsmarted him sotey....

A smarter man would have turned the tables against all the shenanigans Abacha and Babangida were doing ..

Abacha and Babangida were well baked Generals... the most ruthless in Nigeria's history.

He had very little chance of that.
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by ejimatic: 10:58am On May 09, 2020
lalasticlala:
Ernest Shonekan Turns 84 Today

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Shonekan
. Toothless gumless and barkless Dog of Ibrahim Babangida in his shapeless interim government
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by ejimatic: 11:08am On May 09, 2020
lalasticlala:

Toothless gumless and barkless Dog of Ibrahim Babangida in his shapeless interim government
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by ronyman(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2020
Respect sir! Happy birthday to you!
lalasticlala:

Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by samictelecoms12(m): 11:39am On May 09, 2020
Happy birthday sir
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 09, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Good one sir

Proudly representing Omoluabi...

we have An Head of State , Second in Command 2ic to the Head of State, we have an Interim President, a President , a Vice President and an Acting President...

and God willing 2023 we shall have another 8 years President

Congratulations and our region has grown so well that we are competing with the western world
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Exc2000: 12:03pm On May 09, 2020
Abouwaza:

Congratulations and our region has grown so well that we are competing with the western world

why cant people from the poorest region in southern Nigeria rejoice with others without showing bitternes
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by realstars: 12:17pm On May 09, 2020
Sammy07:

2months, 22days
Thank You For The Highlight,,

1 Like

Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Vulcan24(m): 12:39pm On May 09, 2020
in 2015 at a church service at CMS cathedral I took a seat beside this great man and be was kind enough to even extended the hymn book for me to share with him.

it was after the service that my aunt (also a great Nigerian Icon) asked if I knew who was beside me.

Happy birthday to this great, humble, true, selfless Nigerian leader.

may God keep and bless your days with honour and good health. amen
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by mindtricks: 12:50pm On May 09, 2020
Reminiscence of Abacha's forceful take over.
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by mindtricks: 12:52pm On May 09, 2020
Vulcan24:
in 2015 at a church service at CMS cathedral I took a seat beside this great man and be was kind enough to even extended the hymn book for me to share with him.

it was after the service that my aunt (also a great Nigerian Icon) asked if I knew who was beside me.

Happy birthday to this great, humble, true, selfless Nigerian leader.

may God keep and bless your days with honour and good health. amen

So you still small like that when him be president abi them never born you that time?
grin
You are destined to be great. grin
"Papilo, we know say one day you go make us proud"

1 Like

Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by kayusely70(m): 1:16pm On May 09, 2020
Hbd sir
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Legendguru: 2:38pm On May 09, 2020
Oh
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Fairview1: 3:00pm On May 09, 2020
I love good things when I see them and I always like to identify with one. Happy birthday Sir, you have an impressive life story. I am going to pattern my life after you. Thanks for being true to your self.
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by chatinent: 3:21pm On May 09, 2020
tete7000:

Your business. To those who think it has relevance, it does. The scripture says teach us Lord to number our days, so that we might apply our hearts to wisdom.

Number and celebrate?
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by hausadreturn(m): 4:11pm On May 09, 2020
baliyubla:
Abacha the first Nigerian General not to skip a rank been do this Baba strong thing that year. grin
What do you mean by "not to skip a rank?"
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 09, 2020
Exc2000:

why cant people from the poorest region in southern Nigeria rejoice with others without showing bitternes
Didrin omo I be Yoruba
And mind you there's nothing to rejoice about man so fvck off
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by samsard(m): 5:19pm On May 09, 2020
hausadreturn:
What do you mean by "not to skip a rank?"
Double promotion he probably meant. After coups, they promote themselves a few steps forward.

1 Like

Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Obec70(m): 6:16pm On May 09, 2020
Daddy happy birthday, wish you many more year's!
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by tete7000(m): 8:12pm On May 09, 2020
chatinent:

Number and celebrate?

Why not celebrate? Life ought to be enjoyed to the glory of God.

I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God.
Ecclesiastes 3:12‭-‬13
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by ogbonti: 11:51pm On May 09, 2020
baliyubla:
Abacha the first Nigerian General not to skip a rank been do this Baba strong thing that year. grin

he skipped the rank of Lieutenant - General and he and Buhari are on record to the ONLY Generals that did not pass a professional course in the military
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Uchek(m): 7:02am On May 10, 2020
You don't know much about US history given your attempt to rationalize Nigeria's failings with USA example. That's the classic example of false equivalency

Exc2000:

life goes on, US stumbled and fell , with civil war and many crisis for over 300 year before perfecting what the have as a Democratic Nation right now., even at that they still go through crisis from time to time, Nigeria is a less than 60 year Old republic, and less than 30 year old Democracy, overall almagamation is less than 120 years

So for a Nation with 200 million people, 300 ethnic diversity, all heavily relying on paltry 2.5m crude oil per day when US does 15 million on 300 citizen, and Saudi does 14 million barrels on 40 million citizen, I am personally optimistic about Nigeria slowly getting it right some day through the democratic system, and I also believe without any doubt that a Yoruba man is poised to bring that tourch of detribalized stability and leadership as enjoyed during obasanjos terms, in 2023

Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Exc2000: 2:18pm On May 10, 2020
Uchek:
You don't know much about US history given your attempt to rationalize Nigeria's failings with USA example. That's the classic example of false equivalency

Professor on US History , why don't you correct whatever I falsified ? cos your comment sound vague
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Uchek(m): 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2020
Trash!

Exc2000:

Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Uchek(m): 3:00am On Jan 16, 2022
ABOLUTELY RIGHT!

A smarter man would have turned the tables against all the shenanigans Abacha and Babangida were doing ..[/quote]
Re: Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today by Uchek(m): 3:01am On Jan 16, 2022
ABSOLUTELY TRUE!

maestroferddi:
And Abacha outsmarted him sotey....

A smarter man would have turned the tables against all the shenanigans Abacha and Babangida were doing ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu, South-West Leaders Reject Yoruba Nation, Support Ban On Open Grazing / 2023: Kwankwaso Commissions Secretariat In Lafia (Pictures) / Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.