Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Following The Rabbit Hole - Covid-19 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Following The Rabbit Hole - Covid-19 (158 Views)

Tinubu To Supporters: You Are Following The Man Who Knows The Way / Osinbajo Is Following The Footsteps Of Akintola (Modified) / Who's Following The Fund Raising program For ESN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Following The Rabbit Hole - Covid-19 by Eky2019(m): 1:47pm On May 09, 2020
FOLLOWING THE RABBIT HOLE - COVID-19

Over the last 6 weeks, various parts of the country has been locked down partially or completely, depending on how the governor or president chooses to respond to the global panic protocol. I have observed the world transform with speed of light from a world of civil liberty to that which has ruthlessly taken away the liberty of its citizens. In Nigeria, like most part of the world, it's done in trickles, that way you gradually adapt to THEIR new normal. Let me state at this point that the initial global response to this pandemic was quite understood because it was a novel disease that the world has never experienced. So there was no proven scientific template, it had to be more of a trial and error approach. I, for one, like many others, fell for the scam at the initial stage and of course, world leaders fell for this scam too. Yes, I said SCAM! It's time to call it what it is after about six weeks of
following the rabbit hole.

After weeks of this so called pandemic spreading across the globe, real time data have been collected and science based analysis have been drawn up to show that the current data does not support locking down our basic sources of livelihood, because this is what this is all about and it will lead to control. They have infringed on our constitutional rights in the name of a Pandemic, coming up with theories that have no scientific backings. I mean, If you’re going to dance on someone’s constitutional rights, you better have a good reason — you better have a really good reason, not just a theory.

Since their pandemic broke out, the technocrats are the ones driving the policies while the politicians are just there to rubber stamp such policies. Power is gradually leaving them without notice but that is a matter for another day. What is of concern to me is if the politicians are indeed buying into this hoax of a Pandemic. Even if there is a virus, it is not near as deadly as it is being hyped by the mainstream media. The politicians know this, at least most, if not all, but I think they are too afraid to make any move that might come back to hunt them politically. As time goes by, the answer will only become more and more evident. The coronavirus may be real — but the hype is hoaxed. Now let’s just hope this is a one-time hoax that doesn’t roll around in seasons.

This week began with the federal government easing the lockdown and imposing a 8pm-6am curfew. States have gone a bit further to impose regulations that will infringe on the fundamental rights of citizens in the name of "public health". This laws are so draconian and we must resist them with every legal template we can deploy. This madness must STOP! We are allowed to roam the street, go to market, open our offices etc but we are not allowed to congregate in churches/mosques, bury our loved ones, conduct marriages and ceremonies, hang out in parks, bars etc. Can't you see the obvious? They don't want us to have a social life because that's where our power lies. Social gathering NOT distancing is our strength. We are not even allowed to embark on interstate travels. How do we stock up our stores when we run out of goods, how do we follow up business deals that has been pending since the lockdown? This is no easing of lockdown. It will do nothing but further exacerbate the current economic collapse and the technocrats guiding the politicians know this because it's the agenda their paymasters ask them to drive. Otherwise, how do you justify shutting down an economy of over 200 million people because of a disease that has killed less than a 100 people. And don't forget that covid-19 is likely not the actual primary cause of deaths anyway because it has never been isolated and proven so. Not just in Nigeria but globally. Everything about Corona virus is shrouded in secrecy. Maybe they need to show us clips of a typical isolation center so we can feel the pulse rather than just throw up figures. Adolf Hitler once said: "To conquer a nation, First disarm it's citizens.
Let's look at this together. We were told to shelter in place so we don't contact or spread the virus, our businesses were closed so were government offices. But gas stations, pharmacies, hospitals, correctional centers, military/paramilitary and a few other so called essential services were still operating. Question is, are these set of humans immune from this over hyped virus? Most of this guy's don't even work with PPE's, so my guess will be that the virus is intelligent enough to identify law enforcement and other essential workers which makes them immune to it. A very SMART strain of Corona if you ask me. And by the way, who defines essential? Is going out to source for your families livelihood not essential? If that isn't, then nothing is. The lockdown was just to destroy our livelihood and make us totally depend on the government. Think!
On a positive side, the lockdown has awaken the consciousness of alot of people that the world isn't what it seems to be. Let's make the best of this discovery.
Stop acquiescing to the politicians, their power is our acquiescence. Be courageous for the currency of control is fear.
SAY NO to limitation of your movements.
SAY NO to limitation of your ability to engage in commerce.
SAY NO to limitation of your ability to socialize.
SAY NO to infringing on your freedom of congregating in churches, mosque and other religious centers.

We must become masters of our fate. Otherwise, how much more of our civil liberties & Freedom are we willing to acquiesce to under the false flag of "public safety"? Are they going to eventually take control of our bodies through mandated vaccines? In our childhood, it makes sense for parents to play the role of "dictator" until we have skills needed to think for and protect ourselves. If citizens allow the State to make decisions for them, they are stating that their minds are akin to children who can't think for them selves.

Let me end with this quote by Benjamin Franklin: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Follow the rabbit hole!
Remain blessed and be vigilant.

@EkereteAkpan (Twitter handle)

(1) (Reply)

Press Statement! Senate Never “goofed” / Exposing Pseudo-activism In Nigeria / Shop Any Where In The Uk & Usa To Nigeria Registration Is Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.