Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK (84250 Views)

Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano / Jonathan Adewunmi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In USA / A Doctor, Two Others Die Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by Nemere2020: 5:27pm On May 09, 2020
A NHS nurse, 51, has tragically died of coronavirus after telling her family she had a "duty" to help patients with the deadly disease.

Onyenachi Obasi was today remembered as a "dedicated and loving" worker who "gave her life" doing what she loved.

The NHS nurse from Barking and Dagenham had been caring for a patient diagnosed with coronavirus when she caught the deadly bug herself.

The 51-year-old, who had no known underlying medical conditions, was ultimately admitted into hospital and put on a ventilator for five weeks.

And tragically, despite slowly showing signs of recovery, Ms Obasi caught an infection and passed away on May 6.

Her niece, Ijeoma Uzoukwu, said: "We are just heartbroken. She was really loving, really sweet and a really cute person.

"She was a good example of unconditional love and just loved everyone. She was so giving and always had an ear - she took people as they were.

"She loved her job, but that is what caused her to fall ill in the first place."

Ms Obasi had told her family that she felt she had a duty to work, and help, during the pandemic.

Ms Uzoukwu said: "She told me she had to do it."

More than 100 NHS workers have been killed by the bug since the pandemic started.

In April, the number of NHS workers killed by coronavirus nearly doubled in a week.

Ms Uzoukwu is organising a fundraiser to help pay for her aunt's funeral and to also help provide for her 19-year-old son, who is vulnerable and was dependant on her.

She said: "It was just the two of them, and he relied on her for so much. We want to make sure he is taken care of for the foreseeable future and get him the help that he needs.

"He is a really sweet boy, and he has taken after his mum. He is such a nice boy and he is finding it really hard without her."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/11584907/nhs-nurse-dies-coronavirus-duty-help/amp/

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by FacelessKing: 5:35pm On May 09, 2020
It's quite sad that most people still believe this is a hoax.

I thought so too until my Company laid off most workers and I saw I Church branded facemask.

RIP Ma, God guide you to the far beyond.

I'm not celebrating this FTC!! embarassed

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by TheChameleon: 5:35pm On May 09, 2020
shocked

RIP, nurse!

Brave woman... died in battle.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by moscobabs(m): 5:35pm On May 09, 2020
RIP ma

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by brunofarad(m): 5:35pm On May 09, 2020
Chai
Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by KanuSE: 5:36pm On May 09, 2020
Majority of front line healthcare workers who have lost their lives to Corona virus are from the ethnic minorities.

Well, the UK govt is currently looking into it though....very sad! cry cry

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by oluwasegun007(m): 5:36pm On May 09, 2020
And some people still believe this stuff ain't real..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by Toju200(m): 5:36pm On May 09, 2020
I k
Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by medTechworld(f): 5:36pm On May 09, 2020
Rest on
Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by Style007(m): 5:36pm On May 09, 2020
May she rip

1 Like

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by Kezifils(m): 5:36pm On May 09, 2020
I really pray and hope a cure to this virus is found soon. Too many lives have been cut short already.

May she rest in the Lord.

13 Likes

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by Lovelyn451(f): 5:36pm On May 09, 2020
Chai...I heard blacks over there are NOT dying of corona virus...hmmm

Rip woman

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by Postboiswag(m): 5:36pm On May 09, 2020
Oh No

2 Likes

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by BranddesignerH: 5:36pm On May 09, 2020
Rest in Peace Mam

1 Like

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by Nicklaus619(m): 5:36pm On May 09, 2020
So sad, rest well ma, may you dwell in the bosom of Abraham cry

2 Likes

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by jesus247alive(m): 5:36pm On May 09, 2020
REST

IN

PEACE

MA

YOU DIED IN ACTIVE SERVICE AND YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED FOR THAT....

GO WELL

3 Likes

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by Kestolove(m): 5:36pm On May 09, 2020
R.i.p fine babe
Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by sirblend: 5:36pm On May 09, 2020
Pretty woman...

Igbo Amaka

Only if Nigeria was a better place, she wouldn't have migrated.

5 Likes

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by PigTormentor: 5:36pm On May 09, 2020
Rest in peace.

Coronavirus is REAL.

2 Likes

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by scoundrel(f): 5:37pm On May 09, 2020
It has begun.
Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 09, 2020
The only achievement one can make this year is to be alive

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by TRACK: 5:37pm On May 09, 2020
May her soul rest in peace
Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by stopit: 5:37pm On May 09, 2020
Rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by MezieFresh: 5:37pm On May 09, 2020
Quite sad.

May God comfort her family in this trying times.

3 Likes

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by castrol180(m): 5:37pm On May 09, 2020
Reast In Peace woman.
Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by DICKstractor: 5:37pm On May 09, 2020
R. I. P ma
You died trying to save others and humanity as a whole
Your good work will forever be cherished

1 Like

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by raymis(f): 5:37pm On May 09, 2020
Always showing us those who died abroad but refuse to show us those who died in Nigeria.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by Olachase(m): 5:37pm On May 09, 2020
R.I.P thank god say she die for there.
Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by ayrulez(m): 5:38pm On May 09, 2020
Rip

1 Like

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by jericco1(m): 5:38pm On May 09, 2020
May her soul find peace

1 Like

Re: Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK by spafu(m): 5:38pm On May 09, 2020
Rip

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kenyan Man With World's Biggest Manhood And Testicles Undergoes Surgery / People Who Have Contributed Monetarily To Fight Against Coronavirus In Nigeria / The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.