Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,663 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Akala Wins Oyo Ticket With 1,239 Votes; Opponents Total Vote = 1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akala Wins Oyo Ticket With 1,239 Votes; Opponents Total Vote = 1 (841 Views)

Ajimobi Wins Oyo Governorship Election, Breaks 2nd Term Jinx / Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election / Teslim Folarin Wins Oyo PDP Governorship Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akala Wins Oyo Ticket With 1,239 Votes; Opponents Total Vote = 1 by nduchucks: 2:23am On Jan 13, 2011
IBADAN—AMIDST grievances from some notable chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP,  in Oyo State, Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala, yesterday braced all odds and won the party’s ticket for the second term to contest this year’s governorship election in the state .

Though, former PDP Deputy National Chairman (South West), Alhaji Yekini Adeojo; former Deputy Governor to Alao-Akala in the controversial 11 months reign, Hazeem Gbolarumi,  indicated their interest to contest the election, the crisis in the party was said to have led to their disqualification by the PDP screening committee held at Abeokuta, Ogun State

At the primaries which was conducted at the Obafemi Awolowo Stadium (formerly Liberty Stadium), observers like the INEC Officials, members of the party, SSS and the Nigeria Police were at the venue of the election.

It was some how hectic for various delegates as security men did a thorough search on them before they were granted entry into the stadium. Akala polled 1,239 votes to defeat Wole Oyelese who scored one vote.   cheesy He had earlier gone to court to initiate legal action against the conduct of the primary.

While announcing the results, Mr. Bwari Bala, Chairman of the party’s election committee from Abuja, gave kudos to all the delegates from the 33 local government areas of the state for being peaceful during the exercise. He said 1,300 delegates were accredited but only 1,256 delegates voted during the election.

Governor Akala expressed thanks to the delegates for reposing their confidence in him and said the state would witness more developmental projects when elected for the second term. He expressed displeasure at the boycott of the exercise by his opponents, saying they would demonstrated democratic sportsmanship if they had participated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/akala-wins-oyo-pdp-guber-ticket/
Re: Akala Wins Oyo Ticket With 1,239 Votes; Opponents Total Vote = 1 by olaolabiy: 2:26am On Jan 13, 2011
I dey laugh oo.
Re: Akala Wins Oyo Ticket With 1,239 Votes; Opponents Total Vote = 1 by macIB(m): 8:19am On Jan 13, 2011
How this Akala will win Oyo state this 2011 is still a joke to me!!

he thinks governance is about bling bling, !

I dey laugh seriously oooo!, ACN/ Accord will be laughing louder than I am right now,
Re: Akala Wins Oyo Ticket With 1,239 Votes; Opponents Total Vote = 1 by rebranded(m): 8:51am On Jan 13, 2011
Preparation for Rigging of the highest order
Re: Akala Wins Oyo Ticket With 1,239 Votes; Opponents Total Vote = 1 by philip0906(m): 8:54am On Jan 13, 2011
and d lawlessness continues. . .no hope 4 oyo state 4 atleast anoda 4 years.Guaranteed
Re: Akala Wins Oyo Ticket With 1,239 Votes; Opponents Total Vote = 1 by Xfactoria: 9:19am On Jan 13, 2011
macIB:

How this Akala will win Oyo state this 2011 is still a joke to me!!

he thinks governance is about bling bling, !

I dey laugh seriously oooo!, ACN/ Accord will be laughing louder than I am right now,

Dey there!

If ACN fails to present a good candidate (which is most likely because ACN leader in Oyo, Lam Adesina does not want Ajimobi), Akala will still win! Thats the bitter truth. Except Ladoja in little known Accord Party can get some sympathy votes and pull some surprises, Akala will coast home in victory and demystify the "no second term in Oyo" myth.

I pray Akala fails but I'm worried about the lack of credible opposition.
Re: Akala Wins Oyo Ticket With 1,239 Votes; Opponents Total Vote = 1 by Bigito: 10:10am On Jan 13, 2011
Oyo let weak up for from our wink
Re: Akala Wins Oyo Ticket With 1,239 Votes; Opponents Total Vote = 1 by juman(m): 10:28am On Jan 13, 2011
Gov. Akala is a seasoned politician. Not easy to beat in any election.

(1) (Reply)

Now That Azikiwe Is Gone, Ojikwu Is Down: Who Will Go For Us? / Anioma Can’t Forget Murtala Muhammed’s Genocide – Okocha / 5 Villages Burnt, 5 Killed In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.