Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? (33014 Views)

Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year / Klopp Wins Premier League Manager Of The Season / Thomas Tuchel Wins Premier League Manager Of The Month For March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Mavrick2012: 11:53am On May 10, 2020
Jokerman:

Mourinho has won best coach award 4 times as opposed to Pep with two... Moreover pep just won them with Barcelona, Mou has won it with 4 different teams (Porto, Chelsea, Inter and Madrid)

Mourinho has won every trophy Pep has won in football...

Mou successes at Porto > Pep career
Mourinho has 25 trophies, pep 30.
Mourinho has an epl win percentage of 61.4percent, pep has 74.6percent.
Am listening to you.....
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Mavrick2012: 11:57am On May 10, 2020
Jokerman:

Let Ole stay 15 years like Pep, and see what he would win especially with cash like pep normally have.... How can Ole beat Pep like a baby three times?
Man u an man City, which club is Richer?
Well, you can keep waiting for 15 yrs,but sir, are you aware pep has the following:
Epl Manager with the highest win percentage?
Highest trophy/matches ratio?
Highest point per season?
Most goals in a season?
In the history of ur EPL fa.
Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Mavrick2012: 12:00pm On May 10, 2020
hermesprogidy:

Senseless analysis.
Response of an "analyst". Who have NOTHING to say.
Hahaha hahaha hahaha
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by AAA593: 12:00pm On May 10, 2020
[quote author=senatordave1 post=89387120]

Am not.am only placing him where he rightly is,4th.he could only manage 3 EPL titles in 20 years while mourinho won 3 within 4 years and pep 2 in 4 years.Jose and pep have more winning ratios.Wenger cannot survive under stiff competition.when he came in 1996,his only competition was Sir Alex and Wenger only managed 3 titles in 8 years.by the time mourinho came,he started struggling for 4th.with the emergence of city and spurs as strong contenders,Wenger was out of it.[/quote
Someone even liked this your analysis I laff. A manager who maintained top four finish for 20 seasons. Managed most EPL games, went unbeaten for a full season and 11 more games the next season. Made so many unknown stars in world football to become stars. He turned arsenal to a club for grooming youngsters. Most entertaining club to watch in EPL history. Take a look Henry, veira, overmas, KANU, fabregas, Dennis, pires, etc. I don't know how you rate managers. That he doesn't deserves the second spot is the greatest joke of the century. I don't want to go FA cup.

See links to prove how wrong you are and Even the person that liked your comment
https://www.givemesport.com/1503174-the-10-greatest-managers-in-premier-league-history

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-at-25-greatest-managers-ranked-miguel-delaney-a7881391.html

https://the18.com/soccer-videos/the-best-premier-league-managers-of-all-time

I can go and on and on to prove to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by AAA593: 12:01pm On May 10, 2020
senatordave1:

Am not.am only placing him where he rightly is,4th.he could only manage 3 EPL titles in 20 years while mourinho won 3 within 4 years and pep 2 in 4 years.Jose and pep have more winning ratios.Wenger cannot survive under stiff competition.when he came in 1996,his only competition was Sir Alex and Wenger only managed 3 titles in 8 years.by the time mourinho came,he started struggling for 4th.with the emergence of city and spurs as strong contenders,Wenger was out of it.

Someone even liked this your analysis I laff. A manager who maintained top four finish for 20 seasons. Managed most EPL games, went unbeaten for a full season and 11 more games the next season. Made so many unknown stars in world football to become stars. He turned arsenal to a club for grooming youngsters. Most entertaining club to watch in EPL history. Take a look Henry, veira, overmas, KANU, fabregas, Dennis, pires, etc. I don't know how you rate managers. That he doesn't deserves the second spot is the greatest joke of the century. I don't want to go FA cup.

See links to prove how wrong you are and Even the person that liked your comment
https://www.givemesport.com/1503174-the-10-greatest-managers-in-premier-league-history

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-at-25-greatest-managers-ranked-miguel-delaney-a7881391.html

https://the18.com/soccer-videos/the-best-premier-league-managers-of-all-time

I can go and on and on to prove to you
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Jokerman(m): 12:08pm On May 10, 2020
Mavrick2012:

Mourinho has 25 trophies, pep 30.
Mourinho has an epl win percentage of 61.4percent, pep has 74.6percent.
Am listening to you.....

Lol....there is no world coach ranking that Pep is above Mou oga, I can give you 3 credible rankings...
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by ddooskie(m): 12:16pm On May 10, 2020
1. Sir Alex Ferguson (the greatest)

2. Jose Mourinho
3. Arsene Wenger
4. Pep Guardiola

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Mavrick2012: 12:22pm On May 10, 2020
Jokerman:

Lol....there is no world coach ranking that Pep is above Mou oga, I can give you 3 credible rankings...
If the fact and figures i give you isn't okay, please am waiting for the three credible sources.
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by OgaRico(m): 12:25pm On May 10, 2020
frankmoney:
ole trashed guardiola 4 times this season

Na lie bros, two league defeat and one Carabao cup defeat, that's all. Abi Man U play City for UCL this season?
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by auchman88(m): 12:48pm On May 10, 2020
Pep Guardiola changed football philosophy in England. During Pre-Guardiola, english football is based of defending, winning the ugly way. But when he came, england perspective about football changed including the national team. Its been a while England hot to semifinal of a world cup but it happened the last time. Pep in a Genius.

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by maxwell530(m): 12:51pm On May 10, 2020
Jokerman:

We are not talking of trophies here. Coz if we are talking of trophies,you would be crazy to put Pep above Fergie, but just football.. honestly Ole is a better coach than Pep. Do you know what it is to use lingard and mctominay to trash you 3ce with the likes of Kelvin de Bryne and David Silva??
Ole a better coach than Pep? Lol,this gat to be the dumbest comment I will ever read on nairaland. Going by ur logic,it shows pep is a better coach than Ferguson cuz he flogged Ferguson like a baby too.
Lampard is a better coach than mourinho and ancelotti cuz he flogged them with academy players like Abraham, mount,odoi and Co.

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Jokerman(m): 12:55pm On May 10, 2020
Mavrick2012:

If the fact and figures i give you isn't okay, please am waiting for the three credible sources.

1. World soccer ranking (2013)
2. UEFA best 10 coaches all time (2018)

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Jokerman(m): 12:57pm On May 10, 2020
auchman88:
Pep Guardiola changed football philosophy in England. During Pre-Guardiola, english football is based of defending, winning the ugly way. But when he came, england perspective about football changed including the national team. Its been a while England hot to semifinal of a world cup but it happened the last time. Pep in a Genius.

So Arsenal, Manchester United etc, were a defending team??

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by OgaRico(m): 12:59pm On May 10, 2020
echesilver:
1.pep Guardiola
2. Guardiola Pep
3. PEP Guardiola
grin grin

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/11984550/greatest-premier-league-manager-who-deserves-the-title

I swear down you dey mental bros. You don make me laff tire.
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 10, 2020
Sir Alex Ferguson
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by engrchykae(m): 1:14pm On May 10, 2020
Ferguson won two uefa champions league trophies in a whopping 26 years.
Mourinho won two in 8 years
Pep won two in 4 years.
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Nobleking1994(m): 1:31pm On May 10, 2020
Jokerman:

Nobody downplayed Pep. We are only saying what Mou did with inter winning double and treble, was something great with players who were not on the level of Barcelona players then....

How can you say that they were players not on the level of barca players while they have won the double for two straight years.

How can players that have been winning doubles for two straight years in italian league not quality enough to compare a trophyless barca team.

Stop making some statements that are not factual.

If you say so let us compare the two squads player by player you will see that inter milan had more experienced world class players than barca.

JULIO CEASAR as of then was better valdes

JAVIER ZANNETI was better than pique

ESTABAN CAMBIASSO was the best defensive midfielder in the world

THIAGO MOTTA

SAMUEL ETOO

DIEGO MILITO

SULLEY MUNTARI

WESLEY SNEIJDER

MAICON of brazil the best right back

WALTER SAMUEL of Argentina

GORAN PANDEV

DEJAN STANKOVIC

LUCIO

PATRICK VEIRA

WALTER MATERAZI

CHIVU

which among these players were not established world class players to compare peps team of 2008.
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by ImaIma1(f): 1:32pm On May 10, 2020
Fergie off course. No brainer

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Oghenerobo2002(m): 1:38pm On May 10, 2020
OgaRico:

Oga o, better soup no bi money dey kill am only again o, things have really changed.
If you spend trillions prepare soup and you no sabi prepare the soup, e go bitter.
You sabi the club wey dem dey call PSG?
PSG don win the league for how many years now? Their only problem na champions league. Same thing Guardiola no fit win without Barcelona

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Oghenerobo2002(m): 1:41pm On May 10, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
No, better soup na better cook cook am. Someone can prepare a pot of soup with 20k and you will prefer to drink garri and sleep whereas another person will prepare that same soup with 5k you will nearly bite your fingers.
Ok.... I get u
But Abrahimovic bought Chelsea, success followed, Arab Whateva bought man city, success followed. Mancini and Pelegrini won the league, and the later even reached semi final of UCL. Something Guardiola is yet to do
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Oghenerobo2002(m): 1:43pm On May 10, 2020
Mavrick2012:

Hahaha
So this is the new song?
Remember before he came to epl you all said he will not succeed ?
Remember how u all remembered him that epl is different from la Liga and German league?
Hahaha
So it's now because of money?
But,una no tell us before na,
You only said he cannot succeed because "this is epl"
Hahaha
If Guardiola wants to go to Italy, he'll coach Juventus and if he goes to France, it will be PSG. There's nothing special there. Coaches won the epl with man city before he came
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Friend22(m): 1:45pm On May 10, 2020
ghettokid1:
1, Jose Mourinho ('The Special One')
2, Arsenal Wenger
3, Sir Alex
4, Pep Fraudiola
5, Jurgeon Klop

Sorry to say this, this your list proves that you are either bias or you don't really know football.

Sir Alex is arguably the best manager in the history of
the English Premiership.

He does what others coach dare not do.

He has groomed players from Academy and made them world beaters which only Arsene Wenger can rival
As for Mourihno and Pep we know they are alway after already made players.
They hardly groom players on their own.

So, in terms of trophiesnone of these mangers cornes close to Sir Fergie.

3 Likes

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Friend22(m): 1:51pm On May 10, 2020
OgaRico:
25years in EPL and how many leagues did Fergie won?
Give Pep 25 years in England and let's see what that wizard will do considering the fact that he humbled Fergie led team on a big stage twice.
Big stage ko, small stage ni.
Common EPL he is struggling to even replicate what he did at Barca.
The question was specific :who is the greatest EPL coach not UCL coach.
Even if we go to UCL coaches I doubt if we can say he is the best.

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Friend22(m): 1:51pm On May 10, 2020
Mavrick2012:
Guardiola
Guardiola
Guardiola
Guardiola

Kiddo! grin
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Friend22(m): 1:53pm On May 10, 2020
Gabkosh:
How did Ferguson won 895 games. Did he even played 895 games. Make una dey lie small small.

When. did you start watching football?
Somebody that started coaching man u way back in the mid 80's till 2014 or thereabout?
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Friend22(m): 1:57pm On May 10, 2020
Chikelue2000:
Mourinho just lasted not up to 8 years and outclassed ur sir Alex.....Alex is good cos he won trophies and stayed for a long time....Mourinho is a god....just few seasons n even Alex and Wenger were afraid of him

How?
Outclassed sir Alex in what sense?
Can you point to one player mourihno groomed himself that's a works better today?
We can point at more than dozens of such players by Sir Alex.

Aside, number of games won, SAF arguably made EPL what it is today.
Even Mourihno will tell you it's SAF.

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by ghettokid1(m): 1:58pm On May 10, 2020
Friend22:

Sorry to say this, this your list proves that you are either bias or you don't really know football.

Sir Alex is arguably the best manager in the history of
the English Premiership.

He does what others coach dare not do.

He has groomed players from Academy and made them world beaters which only Arsene Wenger can rival
As for Mourihno and Pep we know they are alway after already made players.
They hardly groom players on their own.

So, in terms of trophiesnone of these mangers cornes close to Sir Fergie.
Thats my choice though
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Friend22(m): 2:06pm On May 10, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
EPL! One overrated dumb fuckkk league

Any manager can go there and conquer
Even mourinho the bus Parker conquered

Watch out soon
It is going to be Jürgen klopp's league

If you don't know what the topic is about kindly ignore or shut your mouth.

Your know nothing about EPL.
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by hermesprogidy(m): 2:07pm On May 10, 2020
Mavrick2012:

Response of an "analyst". Who have NOTHING to say.
Hahaha hahaha hahaha
Cos it's senseless.
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Pandev(m): 2:09pm On May 10, 2020
Nobleking1994:

How can you say that they were players not on the level of barca players while they have won the double for two straight years.

How can players that have been winning doubles for two straight years in italian league not quality enough to compare a trophyless barca team.

Stop making some statements that are not factual.

If you say so let us compare the two squads player by player you will see that inter milan had more experienced world class players than barca.

JULIO CEASAR as of then was better valdes

JAVIER ZANNETI was better than pique

ESTABAN CAMBIASSO was the best defensive midfielder in the world

THIAGO MOTTA

SAMUEL ETOO

DIEGO MILITO

SULLEY MUNTARI

WESLEY SNEIJDER

MAICON of brazil the best right back

WALTER SAMUEL of Argentina

GORAN PANDEV

DEJAN STANKOVIC

LUCIO

PATRICK VEIRA

WALTER MATERAZI

CHIVU

which among these players were not established world class players to compare peps team of 2008.
bros, as for me Pandev, na Mourinho make us world class. grin
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by ericmor: 2:23pm On May 10, 2020
OgaRico:

I nearly click like option twice for this you post.
I know you are referring to KING PEP!

Yes sir. The one and only pep, he made the EPL looks so easy

2 Likes

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Lamasta(m): 2:51pm On May 10, 2020
Olutola88:
Give me the kinda of Money and Team Pep has access to and I will also deliver all he has delivered. Look at the teams this guy has managed. Barcelona, Bayern Munich ( He took over a team that just won treble), Manchester City.

I am not saying he's not good but dude has not proven himself enough. Pep can never in his life take that kinda Tottenham Job Mou took.

Don't forget what Mou did with the FC Porto team, With Inter Milan team. He won the Champions League for Inter after 45years of winning. Where is Inter today?

The Special One
The Only One
I'm a Chelsea fan and I'll forever be a Mou loyalist

Sir Alex is currently the GOAT

When Pep took Barcelona where was Barca then before he took them to win 6 trophies a season. Stop all this sentimental reasoning if someone is good he is good and Pep is special whether with money or not.

SAF
WENGER
MOURINO
PEP

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pep Guardiola Reveals What Will Happen If Man City Fail To Win Champions League / Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Set To Retire / Enugu Liverpool Fans Celebrate Champions League Trophy With Ram Inside Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.