Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,913 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God (3017 Views)

Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / If You Get A Telescope, You Will Immediately Stop Believing The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:29pm On May 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

again, as i have said earlier, we should be honest to one another... 99.999% would not go to church (let alone pay tithes to fraudsters in robe) if they knew that their wishes for a better life/health/finances will not come through.

how did you actually know they were not fake pastors?

but during that same "jesus time" wouldnt crippled people be healed? wouldnt dead men resuscitated? wouldnt water turned to wine?!

of course, innocent xtians are savagely murdered/raped/abused/starved/suffering etc while your bible clearly states that:
2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Psalm 34:19
The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all;
A. Like I mentioned earlier I can't give a percentage but, there are always devoted ones and doesn't care for earthly benefits.
B. What defines a fake pastor to you
C. It take great faith, many don't believe even though they see. However, I personally I haven't seen the crippled cured before live but, there are other things I have witnessed.
D. Evil one there means devil and his fans (evil people), although by nature we are giving some sought of instinct to avoid heading to the direction of the evil ones.
One thing for sure is I don't think God will live everyone's life and auto counter evil for everyone, wisdom needs to be applied at certain part of our lives. Jesus got in trouble (weird I put it that way) but, he ran away from it. I don't think he expects God to come down and rescue him, even during his betrayal he could literally call upon the Angels to take em out but, didn't.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:30pm On May 11, 2020
Faithful4real:

Those laws were the old laws. That was why Jesus died for us to deliver us from those laws.

That is why Jesus told the pharisees that he came to save sinners.

Galatians 3:13
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law , having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree” ),

yet that same jesus clearly stated the below (i guess you must read your bible upside down):

Luke 16:17
It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.

Matthew 5:18-19
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:36pm On May 11, 2020
Mbataku96:

Your post has made me come to this understanding, that atheists have capitalized on this Corona outbreak to discredit the existence of God. Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!

covid-19 is what should get you common sense in 2020.... now here is a simple question i asked you earlier that you cunningly try to dodge:

MrBrownJay1:
they all read the same bible but all have a different definition of its message: CATHOLIC, PROTESTANT, JEHOVAH WITNESS, MORMON, ANGLICAN, METHODIST;PENTECOSTAL, ADVENTIST, BAPTIST, PRESBYTERIAN, LUTHERAN

here is a simple question for you: which one of all these above is the true message (since they all have a different message) and why?! Mormons use the same bible to sleep with children in all impunity! ***spit on floor***

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Faithful4real(m): 8:57pm On May 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

yet that same jesus clearly stated the below (i guess you must read your bible upside down):

Luke 16:17
It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.

Matthew 5:18-19
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law

He redeemed us from those laws.

Like for example in a church if it was the old law nobody will have to mind to climb the alter except the chief priest. Even the chief priest have to purify himself. But when Jesus died he redeem us from those laws. That is why anybody can climb that alter and not face judgment.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:16pm On May 11, 2020
Faithful4real:

Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law

He redeemed us from those laws.

Like for example in a church if it was the old law nobody will have to mind to climb the alter except the chief priest. Even the chief priest have to purify himself. But when Jesus died he redeem us from those laws. That is why anybody can climb that alter and not face judgment.

is that really what you understand from these above verses?! well if you do then xtians can now sin in peace, abi?! fornicate, steal, cheat, lie etc since jesus redeemed you from these laws, right?! or better yet, do you now selfishly decide what law of the bible you can follow or not, so long as it fits your agenda?
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by IamMichael(m): 1:07am On May 12, 2020
LordReed:

He he he, Mbataku96 is not asking questions, they came to bait atheists and some how prove their god is real. A poor tactic really.
Well, they are always the ones that run away in the end when they have nothing else to say in the end.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Perfectbeing(m): 2:10am On May 12, 2020
One day Jesus went to his father and said "father I have found myself a wife" .
And the father said, tell us what she looks like.
And Jesus said she is a prostitute, a liar, a thief, whoremonger, witch, back bitter, deceiver, unfaithful, a cheat, an abuser, selfish, murderer, hater, sick, poor, impoverished,
and her father is the devil and everything about her is wrong but I love her.
And God said
TAKE HER SON LET'S HAVE A FEAST!
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Faithful4real(m): 5:03am On May 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

is that really what you understand from these above verses?! well if you do then xtians can now sin in peace, abi?! fornicate, steal, cheat, lie etc since jesus redeemed you from these laws, right?! or better yet, do you now selfishly decide what law of the bible you can follow or not, so long as it fits your agenda?

No that was not what i said. if a Christian commit sin he will face the consequences in the external life.

Take for example you committ adultery,in the old testament you are supposed to be stoned to death. But because christ has redeemed us from the curse of those laws they cannot stone you to death. But that don't mean you will make heaven.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:07pm On May 12, 2020
Faithful4real:
No that was not what i said. if a Christian commit sin he will face the consequences in the external life.

what does the above in bold even mean? do you mean that now the laws of man supersede the laws of your bible OR do you mean that jesus "new testament" laws supersede the OT's law?

Take for example you committ adultery,in the old testament you are supposed to be stoned to death. But because christ has redeemed us from the curse of those laws they cannot stone you to death. But that don't mean you will make heaven.

ok so what you mean is that the laws of the new testament/jesus is what xtians should listen to, right?! by all means, the new testament (or better yet JESUS) clearly states that:

Luke 14:26
“If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 10:34-36
“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
“‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

Ephesians 6:5-6
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart.

Matthew 10:37
“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Matthew 15:4
For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 7:21pm On May 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

covid-19 is what should get you common sense in 2020.... now here is a simple question i asked you earlier that you cunningly try to dodge:

All this are denominations, the Gospel is a mountain, denominations are proof of its deferent views.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 7:23pm On May 12, 2020
IamMichael:

Well, they are always the ones that run away in the end when they have nothing else to say in the end.
Am still here ooo
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:26pm On May 12, 2020
Mbataku96:
All this are denominations, the Gospel is a mountain, denominations are proof of its deferent views.

so if one says that having multiple wives is wrong while others say it aint (while reading the exact same bible)....who should these people believe as the right MESSENGER?!?
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 7:34pm On May 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

so if one says that having multiple wives is wrong while others say it aint (while reading the exact same bible)....who should these people believe as the right MESSENGER?!?

God has multiple Dimensions, He operates in deferent ways in deferent times for deferent goals, all the denominations were not created in one day, but in deferent era's for deferent reasons.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by odinson1(m): 7:39pm On May 12, 2020
Mbataku96:

God has multiple Dimensions, He operates in deferent ways in deferent times for deferent goals, all the denominations were not created in one day, but in deferent era's for deferent reasons.
you speak as though you And God KNOW each other
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 7:42pm On May 12, 2020
odinson1:

you speak as though you And God KNOW each other
Yeah bro, like I said am a genuine Christian.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:48pm On May 12, 2020
Mbataku96:

multiple dimensions?!?!?!?! BWAAAAAH!!!!!!!
are you saying that your god will say that a certain act is a sin with catholics etc but then accept the same act as perfectly normal with mormons?!?!?!
so what you do in your life does not depend on the words of that said holybook, but how any criminal decides to interpret and twist these same words?!?!?

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 8:04pm On May 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

multiple dimensions?!?!?!?! BWAAAAAH!!!!!!!
are you saying that your god will say that a certain act is a sin with catholics etc but then accept the same act as perfectly normal with mormons?!?!?!
so what you do in your life does not depend on the words of that said holybook, but how any criminal decides to interpret and twist these same words?!?!?

Good point you have there. my God is no respecter of persons, there is no exclusion with sin, sin is sin
And it's true that there are people who twist the holyword, the Bible recognize them as nicolaitans or heretics, rev 2:6 rev 2:14-16
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:09pm On May 12, 2020
Mbataku96:

Good point you have there. my God is no respecter of persons, there is no exclusion with sin, sin is sin
And it's true that there are people who twist the holyword, the Bible recognize them as nicolaitans or heretics, rev 2:6 rev 2:14-16

so the question remains:

how do you know who is having the real message between all the different criminal tribes reading the bible, while having different messages ( aka CATHOLIC, PROTESTANT, JEHOVAH WITNESS, MORMON, ANGLICAN, METHODIST, PENTECOSTAL, ADVENTIST, BAPTIST, PRESBYTERIAN, LUTHERAN etc) ?
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 8:17pm On May 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

so the question remains:

how do you know who is having the real message between all the different criminal tribes reading the bible, while having different messages ( aka CATHOLIC, PROTESTANT, JEHOVAH WITNESS, MORMON, ANGLICAN, METHODIST, PENTECOSTAL, ADVENTIST, BAPTIST, PRESBYTERIAN, LUTHERAN etc) ?
well aside from Catholic, Mormon and Jehovah witness that are highly mislaid.
The rest have a decent level of understand of who and what God stands for.
Pentecostals on the other hand, have made more exploits with person of the holy Spirit.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:40pm On May 12, 2020
Mbataku96:
well aside from Catholic, Mormon and Jehovah witness that are highly mislaid.
The rest have a decent level of understand of who and what God stands for.
Pentecostals on the other hand, have made more exploits with person of the holy Spirit.

misled, while they are reading the same words of that said holybook?! how many others are misled that we dont know of?
isnt the pope the capo/mob boss of that mafia called Religion any longer?!?

isnt it obvious that something is really wrong when everyone can decide what the message is, especially when your holybook clearly states that any priest/preacher should be celibate, and the majority of priests/preachers are Hot bastards (some even raping children "upandan"wink?!
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 8:46pm On May 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

misled, while they are reading the same words of that said holybook?! how many others are misled that we dont know of?
isnt the pope the capo/mob boss of that mafia called Religion?!?

isnt it obvious that something is really wrong when everyone can decide what the message is, especially when your holybook clearly states that any priest/preacher should be celibate, and the majority of priests/preachers are Hot bastards (some even raping children "upandan"wink?!
You must understand that Christianity is not a religion and don't forget even the Bible makes us understand that the end of the age will bring about alot of farse prophets.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:56pm On May 12, 2020
Mbataku96:
You must understand that Christianity is not a religion and don't forget even the Bible makes us understand that the end of the age will bring about alot of farse prophets.

dont you think that the end of christianity was centuries ago and that now its only filled with false prophets using christianity for their own selfish agenda?
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by IamMichael(m): 8:59pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 9:01pm On May 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

dont you think that the end of christianity was centuries ago and that now its only filled with false prophets using christianity for their own selfish agenda?
At least you admit the genuineness of Christianity.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:07pm On May 12, 2020
Mbataku96:
At least you admit genuineness of Christianity.

i am just confirming that many of the rules and regulations of christianity have not been followed for a long time... and that it seem that there are only charlatans and fraudsters in robe around lately.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 9:10pm On May 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

i am just confirming that many of the rules and regulations of christianity have not been followed for a long time... and that it seem that there are only charlatans and fraudsters in robe around lately.
Like I said, the Bible states that many shall deceive and shall be deceived.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:14pm On May 12, 2020
Mbataku96:
Like I said, the Bible states that many shall deceive and shall be deceived.

it also states that:

Matthew 18:8-9
If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

... wonder how many times you followed the above "new testament" verse.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 9:25pm On May 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

it also states that:

Matthew 18:8-9
If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

... wonder how many times you followed the above "new testament" verse.
The Bible scriptures is an encrypted message, carnal men can't decrypt.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:35pm On May 12, 2020
Mbataku96:
The Bible scriptures is an encrypted message, carnal men can't decrypt parading as pastors are misusing to enrich themselves with Bentleys and private jets.

FIXED
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by odinson1(m): 11:32pm On May 12, 2020
Mbataku96:

Yeah bro, like I said am a genuine Christian.

hmmmm interesting
so you mean you've seen and spoken to God before? and he actually answered you,asin you heard clearly with your ears?
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 6:46am On May 13, 2020
odinson1:

hmmmm interesting
so you mean you've seen and spoken to God before? and he actually answered you,asin you heard clearly with your ears?
Yeah.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 10:02pm On May 13, 2020
odinson1 HappyPagan Enoch07 Solearr IamMichael whitelotus MrBrownJay1
I was hoping you guys will give me very reasonable cause to be an atheist, but you all failed woefully.
So I did some research on atheist, and I realized that atheism is an ideology birthed out of fear, hate and stupendous ignorance.
[qoute]MBakunin, "the idea of God implies the abdication of human reason and justice; it is the most decisive negation of human liberty, and necessarily ends in the enslavement of mankind, in theory, and practice." He reversed Voltaire's aphorism that if God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him, writing instead that "if God really existed, it would be necessary to abolish him."[qoute] after I saw this, I realized that the issue with you guys is not that God does not exist, but you know he does exist but you are too much a coward to admit it that you decided to abolish him for your lives and the lives of others. I rest my case, God is able and willing, but man is not. Glory to the ancient of days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Very Special Sunday Gift For The Atheist / Oyakhilome' Similar Teachings With Those Of The Rosicrucian Order, AMORC / Enenche Attacks Adeboye, Oyedepo Etc, Say's I Love The Evil Of Prophet Tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.