Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,295 members, 7,846,331 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

My Body Insecurity, share yours - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Body Insecurity, share yours (2464 Views)

A Guest Telling Me My Body Is Smelling In My Own House. / MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... / 'My Pastor Said My Husband Planted A Killer-Charm In My Body' - Nigerian Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Body Insecurity, share yours by Abetterperson: 4:01pm On May 10, 2020
Growing up funny enough I didn't even know I had problems with my body until a friend back then pointed it out to me. When I was still a SS 1 student.We were all walking back from school one day when she told me that I don't have a big butt��. This girl made it to sound like it was a life problem. She told me that since I didn't have a big butt guys wouldn't find me attractive (funny thing this girl butt nor big o), she made me feel like am ugly and soon started instructing me on want to do to have a big butt. That day marked the start of my insecurity. I was so adamant to have a big butt. I would hide from people for days at one period it affect my education because I didn't want to go to school, I didn't want people to see me. It got worse day by day. I would Google in things that can make the butt grow, I wore bagging clothes to hid my figure. I even thought of going for plastic surgery. That want body insecurity does to you, it messes with your brain. It didn't take long before I started notice all the things wrong with my face. I thought I was ugly and tried to hide from people. My body insecurity got the best of me even people I knew am far more attractive than started using it to insult me.
How I overcome it is a testimony in is own right. I left that my friend group not only because they were the cause of my body insecurity but they will remind me of everything that's bad about me, leave their educational purposes to start gossiping other people. They were just toxic and brought out the worst in me not only physically but also mentally. I started to love my flaws and accepted my imperfection, I allow my body to do it's thing.
Body insecurity is something most teen and even adults have. It's natural to feel you are not beautiful enough but you should always love your body. It's yours and no has the right to tell how it should be. You look in the mirror and you don't like want you see and lable yourself as ugly even when you are one of the most beautiful creature the world is lucky to have. Be happy with your body

#SPEADPOSITIVITY
#SAYNOTOBODYINSECURITY

I have decided to write about the things teens go through so as to help parents understand their kids and build a healthy relationship with them.

For parents tell me what else you will like me to talk about

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by SpicyMimi(f): 4:15pm On May 10, 2020
It's all about packaging, your self esteem and confidence.

Back in my high school days, the most sort after, envious, popular student then was very short(Not claiming short people ain't attractive, don't get me wrong please) average beauty yet she acted like she was the Queen of every female on planet earth! She even became the Head girl due to how she carried herself amongst other students.

You are beautiful only when you see yourself as one.

15 Likes

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 10, 2020
SpicyMimi:
It's about packaging, your self esteem and confidence.

Back in my high school days, the most sort after, envious, popular student then was very short, average beauty yet she acts like she was the Queen of every female on planet earth! She even became the Head girl due to how she carried herself amongst other students.

Preach on sister!

1 Like

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Cuddlebugie(f): 4:31pm On May 10, 2020
Well, as a teenager, I was insecure about my boobs.
I was thin with small boobs and the hips of an adult.
Friends would jokingly ask me why "front no resemble back". E pain me that year o. cheesy
There was a day I was walking with a friend and two guys were behind us. All of a sudden, they stopped talking and walked past us. One of the guys looked me in the face and said something about how the boobs aren't big enough to complement the ass. Got home that day and cried myself to sleep. I was 16 then.
I'd pray to God to please increase the boobs and take away the hips. cheesy

My first love helped in rebuilding my self confidence.

11 Likes

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by bukatyne(f): 4:31pm On May 10, 2020
SpicyMimi:
It's all about packaging, your self esteem and confidence.

Back in my high school days, the most sort after, envious, popular student then was very short(Not claiming short people ain't attractive, don't get me wrong please) average beauty yet she acted like she was the Queen of every female on planet earth! She even became the Head girl due to how she carried herself amongst other students.

@bold:

Very true.

Body insecurity is real sha.

Especially for things that are genetic or health conditions.

3 Likes

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by bukatyne(f): 4:33pm On May 10, 2020
Cuddlebugie:
Well, as a teenager, I was insecure about my boobs.
I was thin with small boobs and the hips of an adult.
Friends would jokingly ask me why "front no resemble back". E pain me that year o. cheesy
There was a day I was walking with a friend and two guys were behind us. All of a sudden, they stopped talking and walked past us. One of the guys looked me in the face and said something about how the boobs aren't big enough to complement the ass. Got home that day and cried myself to sleep. I was 16 then.
I'd pray to God to please increase the boobs and take away the hips. cheesy

My first love helped in rebuilding my self confidence.

@bold:

Was the prayers answered? grin
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Cuddlebugie(f): 4:36pm On May 10, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

Was the prayers answered? grin
He didn't take away the hips. He increased the size of the boobs, though.
What a loving God! grin

7 Likes

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by bukatyne(f): 4:38pm On May 10, 2020
Cuddlebugie:

What a loving God! grin

Awwwwww

kiss

1 Like

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by crackkhaus: 4:38pm On May 10, 2020
This reminds me of someone I know.

She would always tell me that I'm attracted to her even when I had said no such thing, so one day I asked her outright if she actually thought she was that beautiful.

Her response was astounding, yea she actually believed it even though all the physical metrics proved otherwise. shocked

She was a real psycho, but her confidence level was off the charts and that was her most endearing quality.

NO I still don't think she is beautiful or attractive, but if she thought so about herself and believed it, then that's enough.

5 Likes

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 10, 2020
Abetterperson:
Growing up funny enough I didn't even know I had problems with my body until a friend back then pointed it out to me. When I was still a SS 1 student.We were all walking back from school one day when she told me that I don't have a big butt��. This girl made it to sound like it was a life problem. She told me that since I didn't have a big butt guys wouldn't find me attractive (funny thing this girl butt nor big o), she made me feel like am ugly and soon started instructing me on want to do to have a big butt. That day marked the start of my insecurity. I was so adamant to have a big butt. I would hide from people for days at one period it affect my education because I didn't want to go to school, I didn't want people to see me. It got worse day by day. I would Google in things that can make the butt grow, I wore bagging clothes to hid my figure. I even thought of going for plastic surgery. That want body insecurity does to you, it messes with your brain. It didn't take long before I started notice all the things wrong with my face. I thought I was ugly and tried to hide from people. My body insecurity got the best of me even people I knew am far more attractive than started using it to insult me.
How I overcome it is a testimony in is own right. I left that my friend group not only because they were the cause of my body insecurity but they will remind me of everything that's bad about me, leave their educational purposes to start gossiping other people. They were just toxic and brought out the worst in me not only physically but also mentally. I started to love my flaws and accepted my imperfection, I allow my body to do it's thing.
Body insecurity is something most teen and even adults have. It's natural to feel you are not beautiful enough but you should always love your body. It's yours and no has the right to tell how it should be. You look in the mirror and you don't like want you see and lable yourself as ugly even when you are one of the most beautiful creature the world is lucky to have. Be happy with your body

#SPEADPOSITIVITY
#SAYNOTOBODYINSECURITY

I have decided to write about the things teens go through so as to help parents understand their kids and build a healthy relationship with them.
I had similar experience dear,mine was envious mates using the woman part of my body to shame me,they will gossip to my hearing arguing why I developed some parts so quickly than my mates,they gave me a nickname and I began having issues with myself,i began to double my mums wrapper to press down my chest so it will look flat like my mates,i was starting to assume some postures to hide things(curved postures so that my chest can be hidden)and that was when my mom noticed, she had to step in and sharply built my self confidence for me back.I bounced back hard on those girls ehn,when we got to the sss class I became center of attraction in the whole school and everyone wanted to become my friend including those group of girls and ever since I have never allowed myself to be in such situation again.Even though I'm naturally a quiet and reserved person,my self esteem remains top notch

6 Likes

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by crackkhaus: 4:40pm On May 10, 2020
Cuddlebugie:

What a loving God! grin
SMH lipsrsealed
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by crackkhaus: 4:41pm On May 10, 2020
Rozz:
I had similar experience dear,mine was envious mates using the woman part of my body to shame me,they will gossip to my hearing arguing why I developed some parts so quickly than my mates,they gave me a nickname and I began having issues with myself,i began to double my mums wrapper to press down my chest so it will look flat like my mates,i was starting to assume some postures to hide things(curved postures so that my chest can be hidden)and that was when my mom noticed, she had to step in and sharply built my self confidence for me back.I bounced back hard on those girls ehn,when we got to the sss class I became center of attraction in the whole school and everyone wanted to become my friend including those group of girls and ever since I have never allowed myself to be situation again.Even though I'm naturally a quiet and reserved person,my self esteem remains top notch
Nyansh model, you don come again.

I gave 'it' the first like. grin

5 Likes

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 10, 2020
crackkhaus:
Nyansh model, you don come again.
lol,i have chopped liver and now bold

2 Likes

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by crackkhaus: 4:46pm On May 10, 2020
Rozz:
lol,i have chopped liver and now bold
I like that... Flaunt what you gat.

Na your inbox go hiaaa-ram cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 10, 2020
crackkhaus:

I like that... Flaunt what you gat.

Na your inbox go hiaaa-ram cheesy
Ehn but that's if I would respond na ,I dy fear una for here
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Mariangeles(f): 4:48pm On May 10, 2020
crackkhaus:

She would always tell me that I'm attracted to her even when I had said no such thing, so one day I asked her outright if she actually thought she was that beautiful.

Her response was astounding, yea she actually believed it even though all the physical metrics proved otherwise. shocked

She was a real psycho, but her confidence level was off the charts and that was her most endearing quality.

NO I still don't think she is beautiful or attractive, but if she thought so about herself and believed it, then that's enough.

Chai Chinekenna!
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by crackkhaus: 4:52pm On May 10, 2020
Rozz:
Ehn but that's if I would respond na ,I dy fear una for here
The spirit will lead you on who to respond to, you're a daughter of God. Fear not

1 Like

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by crackkhaus: 4:56pm On May 10, 2020
Mariangeles:

Chai Chinekenna!
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 10, 2020
crackkhaus:

The spirit will lead you on who to respond to, you're daughter of God.
The spirit of God is already at work hence the fear
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Dyt(f): 5:06pm On May 10, 2020
Never ever seen a proud narcissist
kiss kiss kiss
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Cuddlebugie(f): 5:13pm On May 10, 2020
crackkhaus:

SMH lipsrsealed
Worrapun?
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by crackkhaus: 5:34pm On May 10, 2020
Cuddlebugie:

Worrapun?
Be doing advert, we go soon report you give am. lipsrsealed
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Cuddlebugie(f): 5:57pm On May 10, 2020
crackkhaus:

Be doing advert, we go soon report you give am. lipsrsealed
How am I doing advert, Nyansh model spotter? cheesy
She asked a question and I gave a definite answer. embarassed
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by crackkhaus: 6:08pm On May 10, 2020
Cuddlebugie:

How am I doing advert, Nyansh model spotter? cheesy
She asked a question and I gave a definite answer. embarassed
I hear you.

I and the nyansh model have history here, I have tormented her before because of her style of modelling.
Glad to see she has grown a thick skin... cheesy
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by piroux(f): 6:15pm On May 10, 2020
crackkhaus:

Funny enough, people like this annoy me to no end!! This is over confidence and ego problems jare. I'm not saying don't be confident in yourself but when you start projecting feelings.... oh well. It won't end well.
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Hathor5(f): 6:18pm On May 10, 2020
We obsess with our perceived imperfections because we all want to be loved and accepted. How I wish we lived in a world where our inner assets would be much more important than vanity, where character would be what counts and determine the way people see us. But we live in a shallow world "glorifying false gods".
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Cuddlebugie(f): 6:19pm On May 10, 2020
crackkhaus:

I hear you.

I and the nyansh model have history here on NL, I have tormented her before because of her style of modelling.
Glad to see she has grown a thick skin... cheesy
Oh, well...... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Wehdon sir! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Cuddlebugie(f): 6:20pm On May 10, 2020
Hathor5:
We obsess with our perceived imperfections because we all want to be loved and accepted. How I wish we lived in a world where our inner assets would be much more important than vanity, where character would be what counts and determine the way people see us. But we live in a shallow world "glorifying false gods".
Bless you, sister. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by piroux(f): 6:22pm On May 10, 2020
I think most everyone has an insecurity and wrong body image story. It's a part of growing up and teenage years.

For some, it ends well. For others, it's a long, draining esteem destroying battle that leads to neediness and validation from the wrong kind of people.

In high school, I was so underdeveloped, I had one of those ridiculous nicknames to go along. And it wasn't just a physical something, even internally. No breast, no ass, short legs, no menstruation, no pimples (it was considered evidence of growth too) nothing. The only thing that grew were my brains and nails.

Fortunately, the story changed when I turned 17. Although, I has finished school then.
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by crackkhaus: 6:25pm On May 10, 2020
Cuddlebugie:

Oh, well...... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Wehdon sir! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Sanitze your mind
Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by crackkhaus: 6:30pm On May 10, 2020
piroux:

Funny enough, people like this annoy me to no end!! This is over confidence and ego problems jare. I'm not saying don't be confident in yourself but when you start projecting feelings.... oh well. It won't end well.
Lol, overconfidence in the name of self-love.

1 Like

Re: My Body Insecurity, share yours by Cuddlebugie(f): 6:38pm On May 10, 2020
crackkhaus:

Sanitze your mind
Right back at you, crackhaus. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Taking Financial Help From One And Getting Married To Another. / When Did You Resume Sex After Childbirth? / How Many Of You Ladies Want Your Mother-inlaw Dead Before You Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.