Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners (597 Views)

Segun Adewale 'Aeroland': Lagos PDP Leaders Collecting Money From Tinubu / Charly Boy Denies Collecting Money From Festus Keyamo, Breaks Down In Tears / Reno Omokri Blasts Charly Boy For Collecting Money From APC To Attack PDP, Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by kayodepaul1983(m): 9:12pm On May 11, 2020
around 3pm till 5pm the traffic around ota road is bad because of the bad roads... after u escaped from the traffic, the ado ota local govt would stopped cars and ask for 15000naira said from governors office. it's terrible that they have there personal POS Machine if you don't have cash. I don't understand this country anymore. those guys made alot of money. state house the governor should be aware. I really felt embarrassed. lipsrsealed

Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by NwaNimo1(m): 9:15pm On May 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On May 11, 2020
What was the reason given for the fine/tax/collected amount?
Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by Humanoid01(m): 9:50pm On May 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Breaking restriction order. The governor gave a stern warning a few days ago, I don't get why the OP is complaining.
Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 10:00pm On May 11, 2020
Humanoid01:

Breaking restriction order. The governor gave a stern warning a few days ago, I don't get why the OP is complaining.

Good evening Boss, abeg how’s the lockdown in ogun state, especially ijebu ode axis (are markets/supermarkets opened ?)
Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by Humanoid01(m): 10:07pm On May 11, 2020
HITMEUP4ANYBIZ:

Good evening Boss, abeg how’s the lockdown in ogun state, especially ijebu ode axis (are markets/supermarkets opened ?)
Good evening to you too.
I stay in a different part of Ogun state -- Ota. So I don't have any knowledge about the goings on around there. It doesn't really seem like a complete lockdown over here though. People are still going about their businesses but the use of nose masks has been very notable.

1 Like

Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 11:04pm On May 11, 2020
Humanoid01:

Good evening to you too.
I stay in a different part of Ogun state -- Ota. So I don't have any knowledge about the goings on around there. It doesn't really seem like a complete lockdown over here though. People are still going about their businesses but the use of nose masks has been very notable.

Thanks, I appreciate
Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by Top1gun: 6:18am On May 12, 2020
I hope you are not just an irritant. Did you break the restriction rule passed by the governor or not ? Bear in mind 2 hotels have been demolished in Rivers State over same offense. How Nigerians claim to want an orderly society but want rules bend to accommodate their own brand of foolishness is beyond me. Would you have preferred your car was siezed n auctioned ?

kayodepaul1983:
around 3pm till 5pm the traffic around ota road is bad because of the bad roads... after u escaped from the traffic, the ado ota local govt would stopped cars and ask for 15000naira said from governors office. it's terrible that they have there personal POS Machine if you don't have cash. I don't understand this country anymore. those guys made alot of money. state house the governor should be aware. I really felt embarrassed. lipsrsealed
Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by LibertyRep: 6:44am On May 12, 2020
1. It's Ado-Odo/Ota and not Ado Ota

2. Who gives the fine for breaking the restriction order? The court or the Government?

If it's the court, then no reason to complain. Not if it's the agent of the government that apprehends you and summarily slam the charge on you without trial, then I think this is a lesser version of what Wike did.
Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by kayodepaul1983(m): 7:41am On May 12, 2020
Kobojunkie:

no said breaking the rules around 5:30 after been in ota road for hours... anyone in ota would grab what am saying
Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by kayodepaul1983(m): 7:43am On May 12, 2020
LibertyRep:
1. It's Ado-Odo/Ota and not Ado Ota

2. Who gives the fine for breaking the restriction order? The court or the Government?

If it's the court, then no reason to complain. Not if it's the agent of the government that apprehends you and summarily slam the charge on you without trial, then I think this is a lesser version of what Wike did.

said from dapo and they don't want transfer want cash.. have their own POS transaction
Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by kayodepaul1983(m): 7:45am On May 12, 2020
Top1gun:
I hope you are not just an irritant. Did you break the restriction rule passed by the governor or not ? Bear in mind 2 hotels have been demolished in Rivers State over same offense. How Nigerians claim to want an orderly society but want rules bend to accommodate their own brand of foolishness is beyond me. Would you have preferred your car was siezed n auctioned ?
just try come to the area like winners and turn back around 3pm where there is movement... you will think you are already in third mainland bridge when u see traffic for hours... so don't experience it my guy. what you don't know don't judge.

Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by kayodepaul1983(m): 7:47am On May 12, 2020
Humanoid01:

because your ass wasn't stuck in the traffic for hours left work around 3pm got to oju ore 5pm so keep shut because it's annoying. you need to see pregnant and workers complaining.
Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by seborrhic: 7:50am On May 12, 2020
kayodepaul1983:
There is a restriction order,you broke it and were fined It's even clearly stated in the receipt.But u have come here to make it sound as if they are collecting this money for every car that has been plying that route.Nigerians with their lying habit.
You are lucky they didn't seize your car and auction it as that clown in Rivers is doing.
Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by Maxymilliano(m): 7:55am On May 12, 2020
You are probably driving a commercially registered vehicle and they see you as a cash cow that can be fleeced.
Re: Ado Ota Govt Collecting Money From Car Owners by Humanoid01(m): 8:25am On May 12, 2020
kayodepaul1983:

because your ass wasn't stuck in the traffic for hours left work around 3pm got to oju ore 5pm so keep shut because it's annoying. you need to see pregnant and workers complaining.
From the way you type here, it's obvious you even wanted to put up a fight with them. The government had received reports that the restriction order was taken lightly in this part of the state, and few days ago, they decided to make security serious and increase the penalty against any transgressor. Weren't you informed about this beforehand? Now you're here ranting. You even deserve to pay double of that fine.

(1) (Reply)

We Don’t Know Whereabouts Of Chinese Doctors – FG / Boko Haram: PMB, Army Have Done What Is Impossible For World Leaders In Just Fiv / VIDEO! Nigeria Governors Forum Now A Toothless Bulldog- Governor Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.