Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks (50400 Views)

Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) / WASSCE: South-West States To Reopen Schools / Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by Hallams(m): 6:08am On May 12, 2020
The founder, Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti, Chief Afe Babalola, has advised the Federal Government against waiting till all towns and villages in the country are free from COVID-19 before reopening schools.

Babalola, who said “only the Almighty God Himself can determine when the current coronavirus pandemic will be eradicated globally,” added that “the daily increase in the number of patients does not suggest that COVID-19 will soon come to an end”.

The ABUAD founder, who, in a statement in Ado Ekiti on Monday, said schools nationwide were “hurriedly” closed down by government fiat on March 23 when some pupils and students were either writing examinations or embarking on final-year examinations, offered advice on how the Federal Government could reopen the schools and universities within four weeks in phases.

Babalola listed the conditions under which “private institutions should be allowed to resume academic activities within four weeks”.

These, he said, included that “the school must establish that it has residential accommodation for all students including most, if not all the staff.

“Parents shall give written undertakings supported with medical certificates that the student is fit/healthy to resume academic work.

“There shall be about three running water tanks at the gate where students will wash their hands with soap. There shall be portable sanitisers. Each student must be armed with the portable sanitiser. There shall be infrared thermometers at the gate where students, staff and anybody coming into the university shall be tested by a nurse or medical personnel.

“The university must have in place the following testing machines: Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR Machine) and Serological Test Machine.

“Each school must have in place a building specially designed to accommodate any student who is suspected to have any type of infectious disease ranging from cough, chickenpox, measles, diarrhea etc other than COVID-19.”

He added that each university must have two functional fumigation machines and “ensure all hostels, classrooms, cafeteria, conference halls, and sports facilities shall be fumigated before resumption”.

Babalola also advised that the schools must have testing kits as “the students must undergo test fortnightly in addition to the provision for face masks which shall be used by students and staff in classrooms, conference halls and everywhere on the campus”.

He also advised staggered resumption, saying, the final-year students forced to go home while preparing for their final examination should resume first, take their examination and vacate the university within two to three weeks. Thereafter, the next level of students that will resume shall be new students who will undergo the same set of tests like those of final year students”.

According to the ABUAD founder, the prescriptions for private universities shall also apply to public universities with some variations.

Source: https://punchng.com/how-fg-can-reopen-schools-varsities-within-four-weeks-afe-babalola/

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by FlordFlorez(m): 6:31am On May 12, 2020
Very thoughtful! Almost 90% similar to my opinion. It just that i have no way to reach Ondo State governor with my opinion.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by Johnjanrt: 6:45am On May 12, 2020
This would have been a laudable development were the government lovers of education, but as it stands maybe only the private unis can afford and keep up to this, whereas ASUU is still striking. Or better still secondary schools and below. In essence school must resume.

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by Flyingngel(m): 7:04am On May 12, 2020
Afe is talking interms of private university.
How many public schools from university down to primary schools can afford these bearing in mind the poor infrastructural development of our public institutions.

202 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by Amotolongbo(f): 7:48am On May 12, 2020
Hmm

Not as if the private education entrepreneurs love education as such, they are just so concerned about the amount they are losing from the nonpayment of school fees by the school closure.

Na the parents of the students go still carry the burden of the cost of the mentioned preventive measures, not the school. It will eventually be added to their fees

323 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by illicit(m): 8:08am On May 12, 2020
This is very selfish.

112 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by Okortor: 9:02am On May 12, 2020
When all this is over,
may we count all our friends & family and find no one missing in JESUS mighty name AMEN �������

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by Agent8706(m): 9:03am On May 12, 2020
When you have a nation where the leaders are without foresight, the people suffer severe backwardness. Such is the case of our country. See developed countries going on with their academic life with ease, using technology to fill in the gaps. Here we have the technology (at least to an extent), we have the money, we have the brains, but a lot of bad luck in the form of corrupt leaders with brains made up of nothing but fermented pap! Naija matter weak person cry cry cry

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by iampeterben(m): 9:03am On May 12, 2020
Schools should not open, we are making progress with the cure, let's wait for the solution to come soon.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:03am On May 12, 2020
Hallams:

“The university must have in place the following testing machines: Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR Machine) and Serological Test Machine.

“Each school must have in place a building specially designed to accommodate any student who is suspected to have any type of infectious disease ranging from cough, chickenpox, measles, diarrhea etc other than COVID-19.”

He added that each university must have two functional fumigation machines

Babalola also advised that the schools must have testing kits as “the students must undergo test fortnightly in addition to the provision for face masks which shall be used by students and staff in classrooms, conference halls and everywhere on the campus”.
Source: https://punchng.com/how-fg-can-reopen-schools-varsities-within-four-weeks-afe-babalola/
grin grin grin Federal/State Government cannot even afford all you have listed

Ordinary test kits is not enough for a particular state, so how do you expect all schools to have this if a whole government controlling all the resources cannot

And if you say the schools that can afford should resume, what about the other students, will it be fair to them

If I may suggest, FG should partner with stakeholders and ensure that all these are in ALL schools before they can open!!!

31 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by greall12(m): 9:03am On May 12, 2020
Keep your advice.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by sevo(m): 9:03am On May 12, 2020
Why the rush to open schools? Is not as if jobs are available for the students when they eventually graduate.. I bet u...ASUU is preparing to go on strike when eventually schools resume

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by Thelucifer666(m): 9:04am On May 12, 2020
The man is clearly thinking with he's pocket.
It'll be madness to open schools in our current situation where cases are fast raising.
People from lagos, Abuja and kano residents that unknowingly have this virus will only spread it further when they embark on their travels.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by Nobody: 9:04am On May 12, 2020
That means it’s until next year Be that.
Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by Emmyglobal65(m): 9:04am On May 12, 2020
Private schools and funds.

Baba wan Cash out

well if you're not the greedy get rich quick type..
you can message me for a business that can still sustain you with little little change in this lockdown period.
Note: The business is not the big money bank you might want to imagine, but at least the return will at least cover your common weekly expenses like money for data recharge card e.t.c.
check my profile for my contact number and message me on Whatsapp for details if you're interested.

Zero eight one 65 zero 65 six zero nine

4 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 9:06am On May 12, 2020
this can work in private schools but I doubt it’ll in public colleges, with over 20,000 students coming from every part of the country and I I’m sure private school students doesn’t use public garage to get to schools

3 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by samuelizz(m): 9:07am On May 12, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by wink2015(m): 9:07am On May 12, 2020
This Old man is feeling the lockdown of his university ( Afe Babalola University )

He is crying out.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by DonTattaglia: 9:07am On May 12, 2020
Nonsense..Selfish interest because your school is affected & its not bringing out money from students forced to stay at home. No parent will like to risk his child or ward to be exposed to this deadly virus, so they should remain at home till further notice when d coast is clear.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by money121(m): 9:07am On May 12, 2020
Ok
Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by Triplerg: 9:07am On May 12, 2020
Good suggestion from baba. I pray the authorities listen to him

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:07am On May 12, 2020
What a very nice dev.
They should resume soon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by idonhammer: 9:08am On May 12, 2020
Very senseless and annoying advice.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks by Etteanna: 9:09am On May 12, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Very thoughtful! Almost 90% similar to my opinion. It just that i have no way to reach Ondo State governor with my opinion.
go to twitter and find him

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bride Writing Her Exams In Benue State University On Her Wedding Day (Photos) / Some Interesting Facts About The World. / Motunrayo Ajia: Covenant University CGPA 5.0, All Time Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.