Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) (38241 Views)

How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) / The Taliban Closes Afghan Girls’ Schools Hours After Reopening (Pictures) / Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
Previous Thread:
The Taliban Closes Afghan Girls’ Schools Hours After Reopening (Pictures)

More than two dozen girls and women stage protests in front of the Ministry of Education against the Taliban’s decision to shut schools.

The decision, which the Taliban is yet to explain, means girls above the sixth grade will not be able to attend school [Ahmad Sahel Arman/AFP]

More than two dozen girls and women have staged protests in front of the Ministry of Education in the capital, Kabul, days after the Taliban administration shut secondary schools for girls until further notice, following which the Afghan group has been accused of reneging on its promise on higher education for girls.

Thousands of jubilant girls across Afghanistan had flocked to learning institutions on Wednesday – the date the education ministry had set for classes to resume for girls of all ages.

But just hours into the first day, the ministry announced a shock policy reversal that left youngsters saying they felt betrayed and foreign governments expressing outrage.

On Friday, the United States cancelled planned talks with the Taliban in Qatar that were set to address key economic issues after the group’s decision to close schools.

The decision, which the Taliban has yet to explain, means girls above the sixth grade will not be able to attend school.

“Open the schools! Justice, justice!” chanted protesters on Saturday, some carrying school books as they gathered at a city square in Kabul.

Afghan women and girls take part in a protest in front of the Ministry of Education in Kabul [Ahmad Sahel Arman/AFP]

They held banners that said “Education is our fundamental right, not a political plan”, as they marched for a short distance and later dispersed as Taliban fighters arrived at the scene.

Source: Aljazeera News

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by DoctorOlasDesk: 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
This is the Russian system the Putin arse lickers want to impose on the world

132 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by qekng40(f): 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2022
Werey dey disguise grin

This is actually sponsored because wetin consign them with education in the first place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by StrongAlphMale: 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2022
Why are they protesting? Muslims dey go school? angry

123 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by Northernblood5(m): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2022
I Support Taliban.Afterall Russia una beloveth had endorsed Taliban, who am i not to support.

Who are u even protesting to cheesy cheesy ? Who is even listening to u? Taliban? Russia? China? Its like una don sniff mkpurummiri. Una say USA is the aggressors, Oya na enjoy ur freedom from US cheesy

159 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by Dannyfan(m): 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2022
Nah their country

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by AngbaMan(m): 9:58pm On Mar 27, 2022
Una get mind protest

Well-done and check my signature

Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by MDK777: 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2022
grin C Freedom! How Dare You!

1 Like

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by ImoleNaija: 10:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
Good.. Let's hope the tyrants would do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by xpressionx(m): 10:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
Sorry girls
Taliban prefer to give you penis than pen

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by Ajibade123(m): 10:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
so who will come to their appeal like this
I can't even see any male among them that means most of the male are in support of the decision
this is next to wickedness to me

4 Likes

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by Onyenna(m): 10:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
It’s a pity......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by seanwilliam(m): 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
Sheybi una no want usa, enjoy your freedom na

I buy all countries giftcards. I buy GREENDOT/PAYPAL FUNDS @ your own rate. I sell google voice bulk and unit @ cheaper price ✅ 08102481873

34 Likes

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
In every 10 head slammers, 9 have brain problem

31 Likes

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by oshaosha2014(m): 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
Let them girls go to school.

3 Likes

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
Educate a girl & educate a nation.

6 Likes

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
Taliban's ideology of extrmism and fear is the biggest dumbness that can happen to a group of people.

The "US" committed crimes against afghan people but it seem the government and extreme citizens have soft spots for extremism n wickedness..

Same way some northern oligarchs r sponsoring banditry, kidnappers, insecurity, hunger and illiteracy.

It is well.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 10:44pm On Mar 27, 2022
Afghan terrorists just like their counterparts in AfghaEastern wants everyone to stay at home.
Simon and Namdiot coward Cownu don go learn new trade from these delusional criminal terrorists.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by todaynewsreview: 10:44pm On Mar 27, 2022
Good one

2 Likes

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by Anaerobi(m): 10:45pm On Mar 27, 2022
Hop the female Muslims here are greatful to the christains. If not, the male Muslim would have relegated them to the wall.

Because their men are too mean to push their women to be so silent.

I seriously pity their women...

My neighbors wife, very beautiful, brilliant when she speaks English you will doubt she's from the north. But it pains me she just sit indoor, doing nothing and the hubby don't want her to further her education...

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by Perfecttouchade: 10:45pm On Mar 27, 2022
Ok
Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by womenareapess: 10:46pm On Mar 27, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:
Previous Thread:
The Taliban Closes Afghan Girls’ Schools Hours After Reopening (Pictures)

Source: Aljazeera News
Good for them undecided

They want religion of piss to take over and so they got it.

Any country been rule by Islam, check that country well you will see that they are living in bondage and frustration.

You guys should enjoy your new found freedom on Afghanistan grin

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by AroleOduduwa2: 10:46pm On Mar 27, 2022
I will never forget how NATO left Afghanistan leaving behind equipment and weaponry.

Same organization deluded minds think will go to war with Russia

3 Likes

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 27, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
This is the Russian system the Putin arse lickers want to impose on the world

Russia has nothing to do with this

Infact, the Russians tried for ten years to impose their system on Afghanistan. Did not work. I doubt they would want to have anything to do with that country again.

Afghanistan is the only thing that can change Afghanistan. If Islamic countries like Saudi, and Iran can have women's education, why can't Afghanistan? Anyway, that's how the country has been. A land of a proud and stubborn people.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 27, 2022
This is the reason why they don't want women to go to school.

"With western education, women manipulates men better." -Unknown Jihadist.

7 Likes

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by JooEeL(m): 10:47pm On Mar 27, 2022
FOR SOME OF YOU THAT DON'T KNOW, WION, INDIA'S LEADING CHANNEL WAS ALMOST MUZZLED MY THE SOCIAL MEDIA GIANTS.

ARE THEY TRYING TO ARMTWIST EVERYONE TO REPORT THE CONFLICT ONE-SIDED?

2 Likes

Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by Mattswaggz: 10:47pm On Mar 27, 2022
Damn!!!!

This is quite an unfortunate situation,, but on what grounds are the Taliban doing this? Hope ain't on religious ground. undecided
Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by maxwelloweezy(m): 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
Education wahala Taliban's take time
Re: Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
Islam and bomb are like Putin and nuke

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Graduates As A Virgin (Photos) / Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department / The Rot In Nigerian Universities(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.