Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills (1320 Views)

33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A / Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others / Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by ecolime(m): 7:31am On May 12, 2020
Hey guys! We have complained all to no avail.

From an estimated bill of N2,500 last year to N11,000/N13,000 in February/March. Now, they just brought N43,000 for the month of April.

This crazy bill is for a 2BD residential apartment in Surulere. They've refused to give us the prepaid meter that we applied for a year ago.

With this upward thrend, It means we should be expecting a monthly bill of N100,000 to N500,000 very soon.

Both market rep and company don't pick up the phone and we are still waiting for them to reply their mails.

Do we have to complain in person first before involving NERC?
Re: Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by ecolime(m): 8:16am On May 12, 2020
Lalasticlala
We need your help here abeg
Re: Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by Lisaint(m): 8:25am On May 12, 2020
Attach a photo of the bill
Re: Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by Beremx(f): 8:31am On May 12, 2020
IKEDC is better in terms of estimated billing. Their bills are cheaper. Pre-paid meter is still the best option
Re: Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by RZArecta(m): 8:35am On May 12, 2020
Package some bribe for the marketer in charge of your prepaid meter application and you’ll get it fast
Re: Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by ecolime(m): 8:37am On May 12, 2020
Lisaint:
Attach a photo of the bill

Re: Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by ecolime(m): 8:40am On May 12, 2020
Beremx:
IKEDC is better in terms of estimated billing. Their bills are cheaper. Pre-paid meter is still the best option
I lived in Ikorodu axis for several years and our estimated billing for 2 flats in a compound never exceeded 15K.
Re: Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by seyigiggle: 9:18am On May 12, 2020
Why not try and get the prepaid meter for the exorbitant price.

From the beginning of PMB govt meter has been a scarce commodity, and price increased by 500%
Re: Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by ecolime(m): 10:28am On May 12, 2020
Hey guys!

My complaint has finally been acknowledged and their commercial department is looking into it.

I will update the house on the outcome.

Thanks all

Update: 01.07.20

EKEDC rectified the issue. The bill was revised and thank Goodness I have a Prepaid meter now. Truly, a closed mouth is a closed destiny.

1 Like

Re: Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by hairyman(m): 11:24am On May 12, 2020
Write them a letter of complaint against excessive billing and request for reassessment and refund of excess.

State clearly the month from which you want the reassessment done. Photocopy and attach the relevant bills.
Submit at your the Head office of your business unit. Make sure that you make a photocopy of the letter. The recipient at EKEDC will sign that photocopy (it must be signed and stamped)

This is for the sake of fulfilling the NERC requirement. EKEDC will never respond.
Give them the required 15 working days then write to NERC demanding the same thing (with your letter to EKEDC attached and the bills in question. Attach also a calculation of your energy consumption according to the items in your apartment) Submit at NERC Marina.

Note that there is no limit to the timeline of bill review. I have applied for a review of up to a year of bills and got 250k refund as ordered by NERC.

Note also that NERC may take time. Do not be dismayed at all. If push comes to shove, revisit their office and ask about the progress of your petition.
You will definitely get a review and refund.

P.S EKEDC usually have agents on nairaland. They usually attack this sort of response I provided by telling you that NERC does not function.
Please disregard them. Follow the due process and I assure you that you will get a review and refund.
I have petitioned NERC against both EKEDC and IBEDC and got a refund both times. 250k in Lagos and 48k or thereabout in Abeokuta

PPS: I noted your submission that they have acknowledged your complaint. By this I think you mean the SMS one receives after submitting a complaint. Do not be deceived by that. GO TO NERC!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by ecolime(m): 11:32am On May 12, 2020
hairyman:
Write them a letter of complaint against excessive billing and request for reassessment and refund of excess.

State clearly the month from which you want the reassessment done. Photocopy and attach the relevant bills.
Submit at your the Head office of your business unit. Make sure that you make a photocopy of the letter. The recipient at EKEDC will sign that photocopy (it must be signed and stamped)

This is for the sake of fulfilling the NERC requirement. EKEDC will never respond.
Give them the required 15 working days then write to NERC demanding the same thing (with your letter to EKEDC attached and the bills in question. Attach also a calculation of your energy consumption according to the items in your apartment) Submit at NERC Marina.

Note that there is no limit to the timeline of bill review. I have applied for a review of up to a year of bills and got 250k refund as ordered by NERC.

Note also that NERC may take time. Do not be dismayed at all. If push comes to shove, revisit their office and ask about the progress of your petition.
You will definitely get a review and refund.

P.S EKEDC usually have agents on nairaland. They usually attack this sort of response I provided by telling you that NERC does not function.
Please disregard them. Follow the due process and I assure you that you will get a review and refund.
I have petitioned NERC against both EKEDC and IBEDC and got a refund both times. 250k in Lagos and 48k or thereabout in Abeokuta
All points noted.

Let me see the outcome of their current investigation by end of this week. I will go all the way out if there is no positive resolution.

Thanks a lot hairyman.
Re: Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by Melezenawii: 11:42am On May 12, 2020
ecolime:
Hey guys! We have complained all to no avail.

From an estimated bill of N2,500 last year to N11,000/N13,000 in February/March. Now, they just brought N43,000 for the month of April.

This crazy bill is for a 2BD residential apartment in Surulere. They've refused to give us the prepaid meter that we applied for a year ago.

With this upward thrend, It means we should be expecting a monthly bill of N100,000 to N500,000 very soon.

Both market rep and company don't pick up the phone and we are still waiting for them to reply their mails.

Do we have to complain in person first before involving NERC?

With less than 50,000. You can get prepaid meter
Re: Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by ecolime(m): 2:45pm On May 15, 2020
hairyman:

PPS: I noted your submission that they have acknowledged your complaint. By this I think you mean the SMS one receives after submitting a complaint. Do not be deceived by that. GO TO NERC!
Yes, you are right!

If I may ask, how did you get N250k refund? Via bank transfer or your metre was credited with that sum?

Also, I am considering paying up the illegal estimated bill to avoid disconnection while pursuing refund through the NERC route on the other hand. What do you think?
Re: Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by Karlifate: 3:30pm On May 15, 2020
Pre-paid meter is your best alternative RN.
Try to get one.
Re: Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills by c0nsultant: 8:08am On Aug 03, 2020
Yes it's better to get a prepaid meter, although they would still apply your outstanding bill to it if you haven't paid, but after that you can easily recharge your prepaid meter with any amount you like.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Obaseki Is An Alumnus Of UI – Alumni Body / SOUTHERN KADUNA: MURIC CONDEMNS KILLING OF MUSLIMS AFTER PEACE PACT / When Will Britain Return Gowon's ''Half Central Bank'' Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.