Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? (2596 Views)

Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / German Parents Not Allowed To Name Their Child Lucifer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by petra1(m): 8:27pm On May 12, 2020
I said earlier that it's not true that Christian's are afraid of praying for covid cases . But the issue is access

I also went to a covid -19 hospital to pray for the "sick " but from the gate the security asked for my mission I told them, they made calls and said it's not allowed.

I almost left but I went back to ask for opportunity again . They called another official who asked if I'm going to lay hands on them , I said yes if I'm allowed. He said I can't be allowed in . I asked what if i go in and just stretch my hand to pray for each one without touching. They made calls again And said it's not allowed. They said I should pray at the gate . I could not argue much because it's a military environment

Finally I told them I came with packs of bottled water and asked to give them as contribution, they declined at first but later asked me to open the boot , I did they too pictures and asked if it's a prayer water I said "NO " but I can pray over it in the packs of water in their presence. That was what I eventually did .

As I said before . It's not about the church going to pray but it's about permission by government. If you know a convid centre that will allow prayer for the sick I will still appreciate.

8 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by ademasta(m): 8:27pm On May 12, 2020
Pray for them from home

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Gombs(m): 8:32pm On May 12, 2020
ademasta:
Pray for them from home

Alot of us already are.

But, like he said. Do you know any centre that allows prayer for the sick.

If you do.. Say. If you don't, read and move. wink

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by sapreala(m): 8:53pm On May 12, 2020
if there were any cases genu cases they would have allowed you to pray for them..

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by newmi(m): 8:53pm On May 12, 2020
petra1:

I said earlier that it's not true that Christian's are afraid of praying for covid cases . But the issue is access

I also went to a covid -19 hospital to pray for the "sick " but from the gate the security asked for my mission I told them, they made calls and said it's not allowed.

I almost left but I went back to ask for opportunity again . They called another official who asked if I'm going to lay hands on them , I said yes if I'm allowed. He said I can't be allowed in . I asked what if i go in and just stretch my hand to pray for each one without touching. They made calls again And said it's not allowed. They said I should pray at the gate . I could not argue much because it's a military environment

Finally I told them I came with packs of bottled water and asked to give them as contribution, they declined at first but later asked me to open the boot , I did they too pictures and asked if it's a prayer water I said "NO " but I can pray over it in the packs of water in their presence. That was what I eventually did .

As I said before . It's not about the church going to pray but it's about permission by government. If you know a convid centre that will allow prayer for the sick I will still appreciate.

Times and situations as the current global crisis are opportunities for us to practice what we preach and here is a very valid example. While the government and the medical team are doing their bits it spells no harm that a Christian or anyone in question can and should do their bit and here a brave and courageous Christian emphatically, based on the teachings of his faith and believe in Jesus Christ decided to identify with the plight of these supposed victims of the virus offering prayers and essential supplies. I think such efforts should be applauded because give or take it's a laudable gesture of love, concern and support.

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by sapreala(m): 8:57pm On May 12, 2020
ademasta:
Pray for them from home

We pray for them from home but there is a place of facial contact if not why did Jesus not pray for everyone He prayed for from home ??

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by newmi(m): 9:00pm On May 12, 2020
ademasta:
Pray for them from home

Many have been doing that not everyone is just sitting back taking this whole lockdown as an holiday for self-gratification purposes. It's not enough to standby assuming a passive disposition waiting for someone to do something rather everyone should sort out what their own contributions should be in restoring joy, peace and hope to those who may have lost it.

So for a Christian by virtue of his or her beliefs/faith it may be first prayer. If that is the case then there shouldn't be any restrictions whatsoever afterall it's assumed we all want the same thing.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Beckiols: 9:00pm On May 12, 2020
I think there's something they do not want the public to know. Else they won't prevent prayers from being administered to the sick, same way ''they are free'' to isolate them and administer drugs. There is a game playing on the matter.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by sapreala(m): 9:00pm On May 12, 2020
petra1:

if there were any genu case they would have allowed you to pray for them..

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by raphaelpadey(m): 9:05pm On May 12, 2020
petra1:

That's more like it. Kudos!

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Jokerman(m): 9:08pm On May 12, 2020
Govt of the world are just a devilish bunch

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by xyzindustreet: 9:10pm On May 12, 2020
ademasta:
Pray for them from home
Why didn’t Jesus pray from home too?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:12pm On May 12, 2020
Good one sir!
To heal the sick is a command given by the Master himself. In as much as I don't expect much from the government, one thing I know for sure is that the Word of God reigns supreme over this plague that's ravaging the world. I call on christian brothers and sisters around the world to take this example. Well done @Petra1
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:14pm On May 12, 2020
If word were to reach the patients themselves about this, I have a strong feeling that they'd have wanted something like this.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by xyzindustreet: 9:14pm On May 12, 2020
petra1:

A true man of God is hard to come by these days!!!! Your sincerity and braveness in response to the Covid-19 epidemic shows your roots.
God bless and keep you for many generations to come..... thank you for the holy water too.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Godswealth19: 9:15pm On May 12, 2020
The truth is they will never allow you in for obvious reasons
1. The people in there are very healthy people, who have been paid to pretend
2. Maybe there was no body inside
3. If you go in, you might have some information that will obviously expose there lies and wickedness.

What a world we live in, Man is himself capable of destroying his fellow man jus to be in control
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by butterfly777(m): 9:19pm On May 12, 2020
You can pray for people without laying hands on them, and God will still heal them.

You can pray for anybody anywhere by mentioning their names. If you don't know the names, refer to them somehow. Maybe based on their location or situation. God knows the person you're referring to and He answers prayers.

Personally, I have had the grace of praying for people I don't know, and who don't know me. They didn't even know that I prayed for them. And God does wonders.

Let's pray anywhere. Physical touch is not compulsory for to the healing to be ministered.

If they allow everybody access to go and pray for them, many people will abuse it. Just imagine how mess that can be.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Anas09: 9:22pm On May 12, 2020
ademasta:
Pray for them from home
We are doing so very the start. But you see when Jeuss was here, the sick were taken to Him. Or He was called to go.to them
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Anas09: 9:22pm On May 12, 2020
sapreala:
if there were any cases genu cases they would have allowed you to pray for them..
True o.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by xyzindustreet: 9:25pm On May 12, 2020
Kenny4lyfe:
If word were to reach the patients themselves about this, I have a strong feeling that they'd have wanted something like this.
Who wan die?
That act of love shown maybe as a result of some of the patient’s silent prayers to God to send a non-medical related helper. #Justsaying#
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Anas09: 9:25pm On May 12, 2020
Weldon sir. You did well. In reality, the sick were to seek you out, without shows their faith and readiness to believe.
But, good job.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by xyzindustreet: 9:26pm On May 12, 2020
Godswealth19:
The truth is they will never allow you in for obvious reasons
1. The people in there are very healthy people, who have been paid to pretend
2. Maybe there was no body inside
3. If you go in, you might have some information that will obviously expose there lies and wickedness.

What a world we live in, Man is himself capable of destroying his fellow man jus to be in control
Abi oooooo!!!! True!!!! They don’t want the world to know what is really going on in there. #Shikena#
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by xyzindustreet: 9:28pm On May 12, 2020
butterfly777:
You can pray for people without laying hands on them, and God will still heal them.

1. You can pray for them on phone

2. You can pray on water or anointing oil and send to them to use.

3. You can pray on clothes or handkerchief and send to them.

4. You can pray for anybody anywhere by mentioning their names. If you don't know the names, refer to them somehow. God knows the person you're referring to and He answers prayers.

Personally, I have had the grace of praying for people I don't know, and who don't know me. They didn't even know that I prayed for them. And God does wonders.

Let's pray anywhere. Physical touch is not compulsory for to the healing to be ministered.
Physical touch is not compulsory but a NECESSITY when ministering for the sick......Remember the woman with the issue of blood!
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by OKOATA(m): 9:30pm On May 12, 2020
cool
Ephesians 6v12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers in the highest rhelm.
Covid19 is not a spiritual thing but rather a physical that was created by man itself so it needs something physical to conquer it. Any man of God who prays for a covid19 patient is nothing but a fake man of God.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by xyzindustreet: 9:30pm On May 12, 2020
petra1:

Acts of the Apostles!!! So touching. God expose those people who they made calls to that refuse you entry to save lives
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by butterfly777(m): 9:32pm On May 12, 2020
xyzindustreet:

Physical touch is not compulsory but a NECESSITY when ministering for the sick......Remember the woman with the issue of blood!

And the Centurion's maid, who Jesus did not even see physically. And neither did he know her name. He just referred to ' her'. And she was healed.

Remember that too.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by petra1(m): 9:33pm On May 12, 2020
butterfly777:

1. You can pray for them on phone

2. You can pray on water or anointing oil and send to them to use.

3. You can pray on clothes or handkerchief and send to them.

4. You can pray for anybody anywhere by mentioning their names. If you don't know the names, refer to them somehow. God knows the person you're referring to and He answers prayers.

Well there are religious prayers and ministering to people. When you minister to people you need to connect with them and they need to connect with you . We can do intercession as well from other location .but different cases require different ministration. Primarily to lay hands on the sick secondarily to stretch hand and a last option is to bless other objects like handkerchiefs, water etc . But the results may differ .

Mark 16:18
. . . . they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:37pm On May 12, 2020
ademasta:
Pray for them from home

Jesus reached out and touched lepers that were considered "unclean" by the Jews, the woman with the issue of blood who's not supposed to be seen outside her home summoned courage to touch the Master (That Jesus wasn't angry about her action show's that her healing is well deserved.). That faith has a voice, love has a touch were the blessed words of a beloved preacher. Christians are God's out-stretched arm to an ailing world that's why we show compassion to minister to the sick. We MUST reach out. It's not enough to pray at home, hoping that everything will be alright.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:41pm On May 12, 2020
xyzindustreet:
Who wan die?
That act of love shown maybe as a result of some of the patient’s silent prayers to God to send a non-medical related helper. #Justsaying#

My thoughts exactly @bolded. The patients had faith in them to be healed.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by raphaelpadey(m): 9:44pm On May 12, 2020
Kenny4lyfe:

Jesus reached out and touched lepers that were considered "unclean" by the Jews, the woman with the issue of blood who's not supposed to be seen outside her home summoned courage to touch the Master (That Jesus wasn't angry about her action show's that her healing was well deserved.). That faith has a voice and love has a touch were the blessed words of a beloved preacher. Christians are God's out-stretched arm to an ailing world that's why we show compassion to minister to the sick. We MUST reach out. It's not enough to pray at home, hoping that everything will be alright.

I think, whenever the opportunity presents itself, Christians should never be afraid of laying hands on the sick.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On May 12, 2020
sapreala:

We pray for them from home but there is a place of facial contact if not why did Jesus not pray for everyone He prayed for from home ??
Jesus did not have a home, and He did have to see them all to heal them. Remember the case of the centurion's servant? Jesus never laid eyes on the servant, but he healed him.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 12, 2020
xyzindustreet:

What about the centurion's servant?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Powerful, Direct And Shocking 2023 Prophecies Of Pastor Olujobi / Maolud Nabiyy / Holy Ghost Congress 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.