Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,190 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) (26325 Views)

Nigeria2015: APC Presidential Primaries – LIVE UPDATE / Lagos PDP Gubernatorial Primaries - Live Updates! / 2015: Buhari, Atiku Clash Over Procedure For Presidential Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Limaoscar: 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2011
it is now very clear, from these results, that with a Buhari supported by ACN in the South West, PDP's stay in power is about ending in April! Atiku won the core North, and Buhari is even more popular than Atiku, not only in the core North west but in the whole north. it is becoming interesting and I await Buhari's presidency in May.

Ehn now, He will win your so called core North or whole North and become the President of THE NORTH in the North and ruling the North if that's what you believe. BTW have you asked him if that's His ambition wink
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by safariSA: 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2011
@UpBendel.

Nice conclusion you have made on my behalf. but i can't remember where i said Jonathan represents the best of the south and he is corrupt; hence the whole south is corrupt. I am not crazy, oga

North - South Divide exists, and that is another point am making. for Atiku to have won some northern states, despite his embarrassing, toxic, unpresidential comments on the ground yeserday (i heard to change channel to save myself the agony), despite his statement on violent change, it means the mindset is there, full and buzzing. I was shocked to even hear this morning that he won some Northern states, because I thought his speech yesterday, for any right thinking individual who does not have the North/South mindset, should have swinged his votes to Jonathan. North and South exist, as is tearing Ivory Coast apart now. And I do believe in zoning because without it, no minority (like jonathan the biggest beneficiary) can get there.

Go to Kogi state where you have the Igala ruling the 2 other tribes since August 27, 1991. another igala man has just been nominated to fly PDP flag in the state. infact it is believed that an intelligent egbira or yoruba kogi man cannot defeat an igala man who is a vulcanizer in a govnorship election in that state.

So here my conclusions for myself

===The Core North is still bitter on zoning and they showed this with 5 Northern state votes
===This favours Buhari as he will easily win these 5 states in the North (looking at 2003 & 2007 election statistics) and add more in the general election
===based on the PDP presidential primary outcome this morning, ACN and CPC need to conclude this alliance (this should swing south west votes to them)
===Believing Jega's commitment on free and fair election, the opposition party has what it takes now, with my full support, to chase PDP out of power.

@Limaoscar,

Great challenges, guy, and I have woken up 8 hours ago here in Douala.

''IMHO, Buhari is liked by the common man up North but the truth remains that the Power houses and elites up North may not really like this man because they are not sure if He wins the presidency He will not probe, jail and dethrone most of them based on His very strong anti- corruption position. The best Buhari can get is some sympathy votes and a few North western states , no more' this comments of yours is why i am a buhari supporter, win or lose. and that is the position we admit but which we are not ready to support with our thumbs. I am even inspired by my maiguard who has nothing but believes so much in this man. should it not be inspirational for us all, that the common man supports someone, not because of his position, but for what he stands for - anywhere he goes, they scream 'man of truth'.

I remain optimistic that PDP leaves in April, a free and fair election holding.

And I did add southwest votes to the whole North's votes; so not a President of the North. Let's remain down to issues, not ridicule positions. do we have to be so confrontational. state your dignifying positions and let's adore or challenge it
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by phantom23: 4:16pm On Jan 14, 2011
Interesting!!!!!!!!
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by beejay247: 4:23pm On Jan 14, 2011
It seems Atiku supporters are now supporting buhari, lol
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Limaoscar: 4:34pm On Jan 14, 2011
It seems Atiku supporters are now supporting buhari, lol

Naturally!
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by safariSA: 4:48pm On Jan 14, 2011
Limaoscar!

only an illerate, ethnic bigot will naturally transfer allegiance from Atiku to Buhari, even Babangida will dare not. And it is even encouraging that we use Atiku but we can't find a corrupt adulterated name for Buhari. He remains Buhari, no stains!
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by safariSA: 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2011
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by tlops(m): 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2011
Party adultery (jumping from party to party) killed Atiku.

I hope who ever comes out with the "ticket" in the various parties will come out for open debates

where we will hear what their plans are for the next four years.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by gymer(m): 5:01pm On Jan 14, 2011
Ribadu just won the ACN presidential ticket. Now the battle begins between ACN and PDP.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by nethacker(m): 5:20pm On Jan 14, 2011
gymer:

Ribadu just won the ACN presidential ticket. Now the battle begins between ACN and PDP.
its gonna b a tough one oo grin grin
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by tlops(m): 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2011
I hope over zealousness will not kill Ribadu! Even if you all admit he's not corrupt how does he plan to steer our Nation towards a glorious future
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by nethacker(m): 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2011
tlops:

I hope over zealousness will not kill Ribadu! Even if you all admit he's not corrupt how does he plan to steer our Nation towards a glorious future
thats left for ribadu 2 work out.we hv heard promises dat nvr saw d light of day.bear in mind dat a nation like 9ja cant b fixed in a day or a yr or 2yrs.its going 2 take years but we'll get there if we hv d right ones in power 2 sail d ship towards d destination we all want-A better Nigeria.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Reference(m): 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2011
safari SA:

Limaoscar!

only an illerate, ethnic bigot will naturally transfer allegiance from Atiku to Buhari, even Babangida will dare not. And it is even encouraging that we use Atiku but we can't find a corrupt adulterated name for Buhari. He remains Buhari, no stains!

Hmmm Safariman, easy on this Buhari "whiter than snow thing" He is not averse to corruption. He may be a great disciplinarian but when you begin to flog some issues you might just awake the memories of those who are perhaps a bit older and remember what happened when he was oil minister, then the period he was C-in-C and later what transpired in the PTF. Believe you me there was a lot going round. By today's standards he may be a saint but he is not absolute and remains untested by the deep rooted 2010/11 version of the corruption virus.

I personally don't have anything against the man but I think in the present scheme of things we have to permit what happened in Eagle Square yesterday to run its full course. Whether we like it or not the issue at hand is the North-South political chasm and what GEJ proved is that a Southerner can stand toe to toe with a powerful northern political heavyweight on an absolutely hostile basis and win. It has destroyed the psyche of many who have felt for ages that Northerners own power and give it whenever they want. Don't get me wrong, Northern delegates voted GEJ but we know they have more political millage to cover in breaking with their traditions and beliefs to do this. We hope the days of we "gave" OBJ was the Presidency are gradually receding. The maturing has come where GEJ has fought for it and succeeded. The final quantum shift will be when a Southerner will ascend from nothing (outside government) to become. Perhaps that is when the technocrats and the whiter than whites will have a genuine shot at changing this country.

GEJ may not be the best man from the South-South or the south for that matter but what we saw In Abuja last night was a nobody, a bloody civilian, from a minority tribe in a marginalised region contesting and beating the established order of political thought. That is our victory. So Safariman do not feel hurt. His victory is for all Nigerians. He may not be as white as Buhari but we will take structural change first then seek perfection later.

Thanks.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by bisiaet: 6:32pm On Jan 14, 2011
Some people say Gej won Northern states that are not core North, I dey Lauf was is it not this same northern people that said Niger is not a full Hausa they regard them as Gwari or Tapa or whatever people I vividly remember that argument then as the reason so many Northern will not vote IBB if he eventually emerge as cocensus candidate so now that same Niger State is NOW CORE NORTH? I dey lauf smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Well core or no core, little margin in the North or wide margin, at the moment is irrelevant winner is a winner in as far it was conducted openly, no power play, no cash flow, no intimidation, no harrassement, absolute free and fair so let all mouth be on deck Nigeria has move on. Gej is the winner no more story, people have move on primary is now a past issue. God Bless.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by sundaysule: 6:49pm On Jan 14, 2011
This has been an educative discussion forum on a very important topic.  However, will people stop quoting some predictions by a prophet?  T.B Joshua and his likes makes their daily living by predicting probabilities . . if it's not white, then it will be black kind of thing, you know the kind of thing that I don't expect many contributing to this forum to take seriously.  Please leave religion out for a minute and let us deliberate on this issue without the aid of any spiritual messenger which may be or may not be telling the truth.

Back to topic, I don't know much about either  candidates expect that one was VP of the country for many years during when his government achieved nothing - and he has in fact being indicted for money laundering in the US (that may be a red herring though knowing US's record, they are not exactly a glowing example).  The other candidate has been in power for more than a year and nothing has changed tangibly in that period.  Isn't this a bit of a worry for our nation?  Where are the Obama's and the Cameron's of Nigeria?  When do we start seeing real agents of change in this country?  Please school me.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by phreakabit(m): 7:08pm On Jan 14, 2011
its gonna b a tough one oo  Grin Grin

Yeah the forth coming defeat is going to be a tough one for him to swallow. . .  That cross eyed aboki criminal!
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by SANGOMUSIC: 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2011
you did a good job,thank you.but what about OYO?
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by nethacker(m): 7:30pm On Jan 14, 2011
phreakabit:

Yeah the forth coming defeat is going to be a tough one for him to swallow. . . That cross eyed aboki criminal!
bros on whose side r u? smiley
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Limaoscar: 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2011
Hmmm Safariman, easy on this Buhari "whiter than snow thing" He is not averse to corruption. He may be a great disciplinarian but when you begin to flog some issues you might just awake the memories of those who are perhaps a bit older and remember what happened when he was oil minister, then the period he was C-in-C and later what transpired in the PTF. Believe you me there was a lot going round. By today's standards he may be a saint but he is not absolute and remains untested by the deep rooted 2010/11 version of the corruption virus.

I personally don't have anything against the man but I think in the present scheme of things we have to permit what happened in Eagle Square yesterday to run its full course. Whether we like it or not the issue at hand is the North-South political chasm and what GEJ proved is that a Southerner can stand toe to toe with a powerful northern political heavyweight on an absolutely hostile basis and win. It has destroyed the psyche of many who have felt for ages that Northerners own power and give it whenever they want. Don't get me wrong, Northern delegates voted GEJ but we know they have more political millage to cover in breaking with their traditions and beliefs to do this. We hope the days of we "gave" OBJ was the Presidency are gradually receding. The maturing has come where GEJ has fought for it and succeeded. The final quantum shift will be when a Southerner will ascend from nothing (outside government) to become. Perhaps that is when the technocrats and the whiter than whites will have a genuine shot at changing this country.

GEJ may not be the best man from the South-South or the south for that matter but what we saw In Abuja last night was a nobody, a bloody civilian, from a minority tribe in a marginalised region contesting and beating the established order of political thought. That is our victory. So Safariman do not feel hurt. His victory is for all Nigerians. He may not be as white as Buhari but we will take structural change first then seek perfection later.

Thanks.

@Reference,
good intellectual lecture for that dude Safari. He's been following me all around the place contesting the points were I even agreed with him. He is irredeemable at this point as far as this issue is concerned and comes across as a guy who must have the last word on every issue even if He is completely clue-less about the details(as you can see from his several ramblings). I won't waste my time anymore with him.If He wants a debate then He has to up his game intellectually and contextually. If He insist on playing voltron for some sectional politician then i hope somebody will soon zip him (sorry  numb his fingers, lol)
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by UyiIredia(m): 7:48pm On Jan 14, 2011
Nigerians >>> SMH >>> ever so optimistic
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by cvibe: 8:00pm On Jan 14, 2011
Goodluck to everybody.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 14, 2011
laf wan kill me die hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahheheheheheeehehehehehehohohohohohohohohohhoho ooooooooo hahahahahaa
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Ojewande(m): 8:20pm On Jan 14, 2011
Whao!!! its a very big thank u 2all u dudes who gave their time to post,update ,coments and reply durin PDP primaries.I se it as doin d work of our fathers' land.I hope we have it like dis durin d election?I also congratulate u all for d victory of GEJ.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by allabosky(m): 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2011
gud luk carry go.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by gonzaga: 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2011
I get sick in the stomach when I see people analyzing politics in Nigeria so ignorantly. It becomes pathetic when this ignorance is manifested by youths who are supposedly the leaders of tomorrow. I knw most of you on this forum are not GEJ fans, but give it to him this is the first election he ever stood as a candidate, see the result. I thought u guys said the governors will abandone him once they get their tickets? Wht happened at the end? Instead of some northern slaves to see that their is no monolithic north again, they are harping on the fact that Atiku won in just 5 sharia states! Gej won in Jigawa, Borno, Yobe, Katsina, Bauch, Gombe,Taraba, Benue, Nassarawa, Pleateau, Kwara, Kogi and Kaduna. The last I checked, all these states were still part of northern states.
Now allegiance have shifted to Buhari, all becos of the hate u peeps have for Gej. BuT AS THE SAYING GOES, WHO GOD HAS BLESSED NO MAN CAN CURSE.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by calldirect: 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2011
Is anyone thinking like me, ?

BABA wanted 3rd term, NOW he has it and even going for 4th Term. I think Atiku should have save himself all the stress and shame. He cannot beat the finger that feed him.

Congratulation to BABA and President GoodLuck.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by ziccoit: 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2011
gonzaga:

[i]I get sick in the stomach when I see people analyzing politics in Nigeria so ignorantly. It becomes pathetic when this ignorance is manifested by youths who are supposedly the leaders of tomorrow. [/i]I knw most of you on this forum are not GEJ fans, but give it to him this is the first election he ever stood as a candidate, see the result. I thought u guys said the governors will abandone him once they get their tickets? Wht happened at the end? Instead of some northern slaves to see that their is no monolithic north again, they are harping on the fact that Atiku won in just 5 sharia states! Gej won in Jigawa, Borno, Yobe, Katsina, Bauch, Gombe,Taraba, Benue, Nassarawa, Pleateau, Kwara, Kogi and Kaduna. The last I checked, all these states were still part of northern states.
Now allegiance have shifted to Buhari, all becos of the hate u peeps have for Gej. BuT AS THE SAYING GOES, WHO GOD HAS BLESSED NO MAN CAN CURSE.

You just succeeded in adding up to the growing number.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by AFOOooo(m): 10:01pm On Jan 14, 2011
MY SPEECH TO THE DELEGATES; IF I WAS ATIKU.
Fellow party loyalist,
Many thoughts have crossed my mind as much as they must have crossed yours since this process to ensure our party did not only come out victorious in the coming general elections but with some remarkable improvement in our promises to the masses and the will to fulfil such promises. My greatest concern is that we are able to present the best candidates available for every elective post we shall be contesting for in the election. So far I must say we have not disappointed the electorates in our choice of candidates which shall be evident in our much awaited victory under a free, fair and credible election that our party as the ruling party have proven to be committed to.

Nevertheless, there are issues that have shaped the polity of the moment which we can not ignore. As a people we are bound to exhibit differences and also give different interpretations to issues no matter how straight forward they are. This alone justifies the incredible debate that trails our various opinions on zoning which happens to be a fair arrangement within our party. Some of us thought it is a question of moral adhering strictly to previous arrangements even when the power and wit to do otherwise is unquestionable. Yet, that has been put to rest since we are now gathered today as one party to choose who represents us in the presidential race. I must make it clear to the oppositions that we are confident that whoever emerges tonight is the best candidates that will be available for the top most and challenging job of reforming our country to greatness among nations, (long pause as I expect a loud applause which will testify if they are following the content of my message) yet, we cannot overlook the fact that there is always the best among the best.(another long pause)

We are not ignorant of what our people quest for; they have often challenged us for good leadership. They want us to fix the economy. They want the power to run. They are concern about their security. They want to move freely and safely from one point to the other. They want to be adequately trained and given a chance to survive. They want to be gainfully employed. They want to be comfortable, protected under the law and be proud citizens of a great nation where GOOD THINGS HAPPEN. We can not keep telling them what they know but how we think these quests of theirs shall be met. I am confident that the road map which I am unveiling to the electorate is a formidable credential that is worthy of your consideration beyond other secondary issues like ethnicity and religion, and of course moral issue like zoning. In the course of the campaign we shall continue to unveil our plans to solving these problems as we have presented to you party members in the course of our various meetings to you.

Let me use this opportunity to reclaim that my most painful days are the days I spent being a non member of this formidable party. While I have the moral obligation to remain grateful to the medium that gave me political asylum while I was deliberately sent on exile by the power that be, many of you are not ignorant of the circumstances that pushed me out, which in a way was the brunt I bear for us all in our joint effort to fight against anarchy when it seemed some few but very powerful people were trying to unlawfully change the constitution to serve their selfish interests in the name of our party. It would have been a dirty blow on our party that prides itself as virtue of a democratised society. We can not therefore compare our party under that leadership and our party under this leadership that have upheld the true internal democratic virtues we all clamour for. While I take responsibility for my effort to taunt those minority that unjustly sent me out of our party whom I saw as a party within our party at the time, I do not think it was fair to have been tormented with that in many negative advertorial that were published to ensure we do not come back successfully to prove to the people that indeed our intention was pious, that we are indeed ambitious but not insensitive to the aspiration, agitation and yawning of the Nigerian masses which can best be accomplished in the kind of experience we posses both in the political and economic arenas.

I do respect every aspirant here today but I must say this is not the chance to pretend that this is not a job to be taken without adequate preparedness without some measure for the intrigue of sacrifice which I strongly but sadly believe have been placed far below the exploitation of intimidating strategies to appease our unconditional sentiment. Interestingly, I believe in your integrity, intelligence and courage to step forward and choose for the sake of our children who to represent you in the coming general election without any measure of ugly favouritism putting into consideration the strategies that might be employ by our opponents.
Thanks.

God bless us.
God bless our Party.
God bless our Country.
LET US MAKE GOOD THINGS HAPPEN.

By
Afolabi Fakayode (Mr. Language)
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by obiseq: 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2011
Nawa ooooooo, Sarah no get a single vote. Woman no dey there shocked shocked
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by obiseq: 10:21pm On Jan 14, 2011
Nawa ooooooooo. Aunty SARAH no get a Single Vote. [b]Woman no dey among the Part members?[/b]

shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by DRANOEL(m): 11:19pm On Jan 14, 2011
so sad with the kind of analysis one reads here from so called educated nigerians.
that goodluck won shouldnt be a surprise! what is surprising is how the hell did atiku get up to 800+ votes.

if you followed the pdp delegates election you would understand that governors instead of allowing for elections actually brought out names of their loyalist and submitted to the party. now these governors hoodwinked these delegates to do their bidding therefore leading to mass defection from the party,on the eve ofthe election day governors blocked all avenue to have access to these delegates thereby making them to play to their tunes (in other words atiku found it difficult to get access) now flash back to 2003 and 2007 pdp presidential promaries,it was a clean sweep with n o other candidate apart from the choosen getting up to 50 votes. but even with governors arm twisting atiku still managed to do well especially in the north,this should tell you guys something!

the north will not vote goodluck in a free and fair election,in my opinion atiku has never been the favourite of the almajiri and yet they rallied behind him even in the face of the governors threatsand to make matters worst pdp has lost popularity inthe north. i don't see goodluck winning this election especially considering moves of a possible alliance between cpc and acn
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Sweetnecta: 12:00am On Jan 15, 2011
@Upbendel: #272 on: Today at 02:12:23 PM »
[Quote]What??[/Quote]Read the posts of Segunjowo; #183, Lagosboy; #206, Safari SA; #s 209 and 215. Success should be more than periphery. It should include the depth. In this case, it should be different from business as usual. The process and aftermath should matter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Fayose Planning To Set Me Up, Says Fayemi / Atiku: How Buhari’s Cronies Acquired Shares In Keystone Bank, 9mobile / ‘I Owned Lucrative Businesses’ — Malami Writes Buhari Over Corruption Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.