Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players (48185 Views)

EPL: Roy Keane Names Three Things Manchester United Need After 4-0 Loss / Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee / Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by reportminds: 11:40pm On May 13, 2020
Craig Bellamy squeezed my balls in the tunnel, Roy Keane tried to bully referees and John Obi Mikel still hasn't apologised to me... Sportsmail's MARK CLATTENBURG reveals the five most annoying players he's officiated

*Mark Clattenburg has revealed the five most annoying players that he refereed
*Craig Bellamy was always a nuisance and was livid after a sending off v Bolton
*Roy Keane tried to bully referees - he got that from his boss Sir Alex Ferguson
*Jens Lehmann would always complain and other teams would wind him up

Mark Clattenburg has refereed the world's greatest players and taken charge of the biggest matches, including finals of the European Championship, Champions League and FA Cup.

But while there have been plenty of successes, there have also been challenges and a number of players proved tough for Clattenburg - and his peers - to handle on the pitch

Here, Sportsmail's columnist tells Craig Hope the five most irritating players he has presided over.

John Obi Mikel

I have picked Mikel because of the incident during a Chelsea v Manchester United match in 2012 when he accused me of making a racist comment, which was not right and I was later cleared by the FA.

He has never apologised and that is disappointing because it could have ruined my life. I fell out of love with refereeing for a while after that but couldn't quit because I had a family to support and no other career to pursue.

It all left a bad feeling that still lingers today.

Mikel only heard the allegation from his team-mate Ramires, who did not speak English. Other Chelsea players have since apologised but nothing from Mikel.

He had the chance to say sorry and speak to me about it during a Nigeria friendly in the United States before the World Cup in 2014, and I would have welcomed that, but nothing, sadly.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8317003/amp/Craig-Bellamy-squeezed-balls-Mark-Clattenburg-annoying-players-hes-refereed.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by Ecbatana: 11:50pm On May 13, 2020
I loved when Bellamy played for Liverpool. I remember clearly how he bullied Barcelona players in one of the champions League knock out matches.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by kalufelix(m): 11:57pm On May 13, 2020
I wonder what these players will have to say about mark... The drama referee .. Full of controversy week in week out..

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by amaniro: 11:59pm On May 13, 2020
You don't deserve any Apologies MR Man

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by internationalman(m): 12:04am On May 14, 2020
Ecbatana:
I loved when Bellamy played for Liverpool. I remember clearly how he bullied Barcelona players in one of the champions League semifinal matches.

There was never a champions league semi final match between barca and Liverpool when Bellamy was a Liverpool player..

Clattenburg was a Man Utd referee. I remember him giving two Chelsea players red card and awarding a pk to Man Utd after Chelsea was leading by 2 goals..

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by espn(m): 12:38am On May 14, 2020
Nice piece
Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by toffyz(m): 5:16am On May 14, 2020
Craig Bellamy was such a rogue as a player.

He nearly broke John Anne Riise's Leg in 2007.

11 Likes

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by nony43(m): 7:15am On May 14, 2020
Clattenberg was Alex Ferguson ref simple

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by Ogakaycce(m): 9:00am On May 14, 2020
There was never a champions league semi final match between barca and Liverpool when Bellamy was a Liverpool player..

you are Indomie generation to say that.
I watched the match Liverpool beat Barca 2-1 @ nou camp them Barca Beat Liverpool 1-0 2nd leg. Liverpool progress with away goal.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by FuckDaMods: 11:17am On May 14, 2020
Mikel sha grin

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by Agaz25: 11:17am On May 14, 2020
False

1 Like

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by DirtyGold: 11:17am On May 14, 2020
I have nothing to say on this cry baby topic

What's tha business?

1 Like

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by Sarkin: 11:17am On May 14, 2020
This doesn't relate to the topic: but to those saying the young guy murdered by soldiers in Jos was or could be a Yahoo boy are worse than the Soldier that pulled the trigger. In their hear is evny and hate, they could could hate on a dead young man because of what thier rotten guts tells them.
And any of you that said that and sees this just know that Nigeria is a hell camp and you might be the next victim and you might go down so worthless! God forbid!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by olaric(m): 11:18am On May 14, 2020
Apology? Do you know how many teams your poor officiating has sent to relegation? Don't let apology kee you ooo

19 Likes

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by Slawormir: 11:19am On May 14, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

1 Like

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by Coronavirus84: 11:19am On May 14, 2020
Since the day Mikel pen a contract with Chelsea, I know he must be a useless player. The match Clattenburg gave Mikel a red card was a well deserved red card, why did he decided to chip in with racial abuse?

1 Like

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by bankyblue(m): 11:19am On May 14, 2020
Mikel for break that guy like that day... Lubbish man u ref

1 Like

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by Kellie069(m): 11:19am On May 14, 2020
Clattenburg na Manchester official na!! Words of insincere people don’t hold water

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by Nobody: 11:20am On May 14, 2020
Lol. Bellamy o

2 Likes

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by GrandMufti: 11:20am On May 14, 2020
EPL has some of the worst referees.

Imagine Mike Dean booking Guendouzi for sacarsm

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by Joystark(f): 11:20am On May 14, 2020
I don't understand why people drop comments like, "I, ., jjj" and other pointless alphabets and symbols.

Is there like a price for having your comment appear on FP?

12 Likes

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by Mindlog: 11:20am On May 14, 2020
"Craig Bellamy was always a nuisance" cheesy cheesy
Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by philkoms: 11:20am On May 14, 2020
Appologise for what na ?Clattenburg officiating in that match was horrible.He clearly favour man u in that match.He clearly frustrated all d players.He is not only a racist but also a Cheat.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:20am On May 14, 2020
what's the economic value of this post na...

next thread
Re: Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players by rawtouch: 11:20am On May 14, 2020
grin english refs that interpret the rules to suit themselves, they are like 9ja politicians

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mesut Ozil Throws Jacket At Unai Emery In Everton Loss (Photos) / Cheick Tiote Collapses & Dies During Training In China / 'Cannot Tell Me This Isn't A Fix!': Man Utd Fans Fume At Champions League Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.