Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,390 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. (1820 Views)

RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It / ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language / Arabs Imposing Religion And Language On Nuba's? Next African Conflict? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by KnowAll(m): 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2011
Adieus Honourable, I know the moons ahead would be some Anuuls horribilis for u, especially missing out on the egunje’s that u and your colleagues have become accustomed to, life outside that halo chambers of debauchery, greed and El-doradonic living is not easy.

Parapoism which you vehemently preached without fear or favour has in way come to swallow you, if not haunt you in all her direct deliriousness whether it was designed by faith or it was engineered by your detractors, your vocabulary & grammar would definitely be missed.

Since you became an icon and a shinning beacon in that house of horror, surprisingly our youngsters have developed an usual and peculiar past-time of throwing big grammars at one and another albeit for the fun of it without them knowing they are and have been enriching their own vocabulary word banks in leaps and bounds.

Another trend that would endure in the psyche of many young Nigerians is the rather salient and latent interest in “Latin” that dying language of grace and favour, a language so supreme that used to be the at behest of Kings, Princes, Princess, and other royalties in Europe which they spoke with pride and gloria.

Who would now give us that un-defined, unadulterated, clear & concise analysis of what the Government is doing?

You would surely be missed “ ammo domini” please do not commit “ felo de se”(suicide)……………
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by Jakumo(m): 12:51pm On Jan 14, 2011
The facetious modus operandi of disgruntled and disaffected elements, who presume that the esteemed Grammar Meister Extraordinaire has been vanquished, liquidated, subjugated and rendered incommunicado, must NEVER be allowed to prevail in ANY contest of substance into which mortals are cast by the whimsical twists of fate and misfortune, particularly in the context of today's manifestly destabilizing cross currents whose cardinal significance modulates the prevailing locus standi, in a continuously variable manner.

I submit that there is in fact no modus vivendi, which deliberately or inadvertently fails to conform with the transcendental elucidating legislative proclivities and tendencies set forth by our founding fathers, that can realistically be sustained or propagated in furtherance of such a travesty of electoral justice, given the unequivocal resolve that we, the constituent assemblage of introspective scholars, bring to the table of geo-political barter and jurisprudence.
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by KnowAll(m): 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2011
The facetious modus operandi of disgruntled and disaffected elements, who presume that the esteemed Grammar Meister Extraordinaire has been vanquished, liquidated, subjugated and rendered incommunicado, must NEVER be allowed to prevail in ANY contest of substance into which mortals are cast by the whimsical twists of fate and misfortune, particularly in the context of today's manifestly destabilizing cross currents whose cardinal significance modulates the prevailing locus standi, in a continuously variable manner.

I submit that there is in fact no modus vivendi, which deliberately or inadvertently fails to conform with the transcendental elucidating legislative proclivities and tendencies set forth by our founding fathers, that can realistically be sustained or propagated in furtherance of such a travesty of electoral justice, given the unequivocal resolve that we, the constituent assemblage of introspective scholars, bring to the table of geo-political barter and jurisprudence.

Are u sure Jakumo you are not the honoured honourable because your investiture is similar if not a plagiarize thought of the honoured member
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by KnowAll(m): 1:02pm On Jan 14, 2011
[size=18pt]ON HEARING YOU LOST YOUR COVETED SIT IN THE HOUSE[/size]

I hope it is not true that our only and mastery parlitician in no other person than obahiagbon has lost his coveted sit in that citadel of clowns, the only voice of reasons in that heaven of gluttonic excesses, who is going to come to albeit in his mastery grammer to help and salvage the down and trodden from the trojan horses called big wigs who tramp on the populace w ithout fear and favour.

To them the mases are dispensable turkeys who can be shot at as a sport for amusement, no wonder eleweomo the Ibadan thug not the most honest of men got the treatment from the rifle of men who were playing and preactising the sports of kings on their subjects.

The subjects in the their naivety rather than clamour for release from their dire strangulation in their indolence and illetracy praise these blood suckers to the high havens, hoping that, that one dollar spoken and talked about in every relevant ecomomic indices can become a reality, they know within their own conscience that, that one dollar is some dollar too many. It is only equitable to the saying " if wishes where horses beggars would ride
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by KnowAll(m): 1:22pm On Jan 14, 2011
[size=18pt] Another good eulogy that needs to be on this thread for the honoured member!![/size]

The news of Patrick Obahiagbon losing his primary election has me suffused with emotional narcolepsy. In fact, i find myself oscillating between the umbra and penumbra of disabling catalepsy!
Such a reckless display of narcissistic and flamboyant hedonism on the part of the malevolent and myopic pepper-souping ragamuffins is capable of encumbering our nascent democracy with insidious, repercussive and cataclysmic exigencies!

Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by Ibime(m): 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2011
One cannot help but be overcome by melancholy at the prevailing plutocracy which has eviscerated the esteemed purveyor of Uncle JB trousers, who by his fashion sense, conferred a new meaning on the street lexicon "Jump up".

It is with sadness that we wave adieu to such an extravagant fashionista whose Gargantuan steps still resound echoingly through the hallowed Chamber of the house, and in whose presence lilliputian minded political rentiers withered like grass in the ephemeral North Pole summer.
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by Afam4eva(m): 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2011
This is a lesson to every big grammer  monomaniac. The tub-thumping of big grammer is not a collateral for winning the hearts of people.
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by violent(m): 1:59pm On Jan 14, 2011
The precre-la-deprecre i read on this gyraise portrays Hon Obahigbon as a jargonist whose la-communicade is enveloped in a world of ruiphelism!

To this, I take an exception.
If anything, Hon Obahigbon is a luxurious, solemn Engerrish speaker, whose persionage malandbrity  is held in the highest regard, even by passionate surbodinates.  It's only in a sadonic state of the world engulfed in an euphoria of political parapoism that such vila-de-fendi of a hero is uncelebrated

By the way, can anyone perspicaciously and with celerity call the attention of[b] Kosovo[/b] to this thread?
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by Kx: 1:59pm On Jan 14, 2011
Dear Honorable,

You resonated with a divine halo of an iconic personage in your political odyssey in the Nigerian parliamentary Olympian. Although your stint in the house was replete with an appreciable crave for quixotic grammatical megalomania, NL and your esteemed followers will greatly miss the portmanteau of conundrum that your language used to deposit us in.

Bon voyage.
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by Jakumo(m): 2:02pm On Jan 14, 2011
Ibime:

One cannot help but be overcome by melancholy at the prevailing plutocracy which has eviscerated the esteemed purveyor of Uncle JB trousers, who by his fashion sense, conferred a new meaning on the street lexicon "Jump up".

It is with sadness that we wave adieu to such an extravagant fashionista whose Gargantuan steps still resound echoingly through the hallowed Chamber of the house, and in whose presence lilliputian minded political rentiers withered like grass in the ephemeral North Pole summer.

Whooooooo yeah !  Ibime You's DA MAN !      I'll say that one more time, YOU IS DA MAN !
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by blacksta(m): 2:14pm On Jan 14, 2011
The dishi ma pisma of Nigerian political theatre has claimed our beloved legislator. For sure your political detractors can sagaciously and lugubriously claim "veni vidi vici" they came , saw you peppersouping, ise wuing and bigstouting in the house and hence conquered you .
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by vanitty: 2:15pm On Jan 14, 2011
bookmarking lol
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by KnowAll(m): 2:18pm On Jan 14, 2011
Like they say in our part of the world that a defeat is a mirage not a reality, destinies do change in Nigeria, in fact Nigerians have a spare key to the book of Life, a defeat can become victory overnight, if the necessary palms are greased.

We have seen Murderers winched out of a jail house, hauled into an aircraft on a first class ticket and transported in style to the nation’s capital to be the chief cheer-person to Jo-Boy.

Take heart, Quidvis est possibile” or anything is possible Mr honourable.
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2011
OMG i nvr knew dat loads of nairalanders can speak bigger gramer dan HON Patric himself. Had d HON effectively represented his people wela without becoming a paliamentory clown i guess dey wld ve returned him. They wanted a good representation and not a comedian who ended up creating more confusion with his vocabs than making an unambigous contributions on serious national issues. Though i will miss his comic relief nothing more. Goodbye HON PATRIC hp 2c u again when u ve learnt to communicate in a simple language may be his people will understand him beter and return him back. 4nw i will make do with vocabs i learnt from u which im sure will serve me for a long long time
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by KnowAll(m): 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2011
[size=18pt] Hon Obahigbon IN HIS Law School Days  an encounter with a fellow collegue[/size]

My initial contact with him was not entirely auspicious. In our first encounter we disagreed about certain seating arrangements in a tutorial session, and exchanged words and glances which were far from cordial. But to his eternal credit, at the end of the session, he walked up to me, with his hand extended in a gesture of friendship, and declared in his unmistakable baritone voice:

My name is Pat Obahiagbon formerly of the University of Benin, you and I stand to gain much more from each other by being friends than by being enemies.’

He was a class act and I have not, even till this day, forgotten that memorable encounter. And neither have I forgotten what ensued in the tutorial session that day. For Pat was to take centre stage in the most riveting fashion in a run-in with the tutorial master of the day; a man widely regarded as being very eccentric and an expert on the subject in view; a certain Mr. Adubi. As it happens, it fell to Pat to analyse a rather difficult question for the benefit of the class. And his attempt to unravel it proceeded thus:

Pat: ‘With respect sir, this question indents on omnibus.’

Mr. Adubi: ‘I beg your pardon’.

Pat: ‘Sir, I say again, that this questions indents on omnibus.’

Mr. Adubi: ‘Mr. Man, please come down to my level. Please have another go at it. And this time, please remember that even the vener
able Lord Denning uses language that is easily understandable by children’.

Pat: ‘Okay sir, I shall have another go. With respect sir, I submit that this question is a cul-de-sac’.

At this point in the exchange, the tutorial class burst into fits of laughter. But Pat remained unperturbed insisting that the question was inaccessible to reason and therefore beyond resolution.

That encounter was to be for me, a prelude to, and a basis for, many more entertaining encounters between us; encounters which would leave me in stitches of laughter, but much richer in stock of vocabulary. From then on, whenever I saw him, I was quick to seek his views on topical issues affecting the country. On one occasion, I sought his views on General Babangida’s administration; to which he responded:

General Babangida’s rule has left Nigeria in a state of higgledy-piggledy.’  

On another occasion, I asked him what his views were on the prospects of a political battle between the Ibrus and the Igbenidions in the old Bendel State. He looked me square in the eye and said:

Bendel State is about to witness a state of political kamikaze’.  

In an entirely different setting before a full class of candidates, he challenged a lecturer on his perceived failings in providing certain important literature in a timely fashion; telling him on that occasion:

Your failure to provide this pertinent literature, on time, has left us in a state of maniacal bewilderment.’    

But this was not to be his best contribution to the verbal arts. In another dramatic encounter in which he volunteered to read out a specific provision of a piece of legislation, and to do so verbatim; he could not resist the temptation of adding his distinctive stamp to the task, and in doing provoking the ire of the lecturer leading the session.

The text in question read, and I quote:

‘If a legal practitioner objects …’  

But in his rendering, he said:

‘If a legal practitioner demurs …’

To which the lecturer cried out on hearing, “where do you see the word ‘demur' in the text?” Pat was quick to respond in firm style, saying to the lecturer:

Madam, ‘demur’ is another word for ‘object’.”

The lecturer was not impressed. And she went on to threaten him with failure in his exams, should he decide to adopt such an approach in his finals. At this point, the whole class erupted in laughter.

Pat is a loquacious man and one given to bombast; but his exotic vocabulary, no matter how highfalutin, is properly founded in the dictionary, as even a cursory check will reveal. Although, prosodically, he may not be the most poetic sounding in his delivery, he is nonetheless, a master of his art.

Over the years, on occasion, I have thought about Pat and wondered about his well being. And, anytime I am opportuned to meet anyone from the University of Benin from that period, I am always quick to ask after his welfare. So, it was particularly satisfying to discover recently, that he now pursues a career in politics; a profession which guarantees and provides him with a ready platform and audience.
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by Jakumo(m): 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2011
I knew it. Beneath all the light-hearted joviality lies the soul of a true gentleman.

See you soon, Patrick, for we know you will be back.
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2011
@know all: That was a nice piece. I dnt knw if im crying or laughing after reading dat sturf. Thats jst d way he has developed himself 2be there4 we shld jst accept him d way he is and im sure he is a nice guy too
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by Jarus(m): 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2011
Forget the legislative rascality and political gambadoism, I tender my unreserved apologia for coming late to this thread.
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by Jakumo(m): 8:37pm On Jan 14, 2011
Jarus:

Forget the legislative rascality and political gambadoism, I tender my unreserved apologia for coming late to this thread.

Sit tight folks, the heavyweights are on final approach, and there is going to be some serious turbulence up in here.
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 14, 2011
perplexed by all the complex lexis. . . men of great sagaciousness
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by KnowAll(m): 4:38pm On Jan 17, 2011
The Chauvinism and the plethora of hopes that the down and trodden of our society have acquired through your exemplary good governance in the house together with your well known grammatical ground breaking insurgence in that house although in- comprehensible to most of your constituents but for the helpful interpretational conduit of fellow learned persons who made it a duty to divulge information to the less-privilege of what you are all about, has made hoards, of un-official institutionalised destitute to clamour for more encouraging and satisfying law makers, men and women who are made from the same mould and the same clay when the Great One in the sky was creating man for the very first time.

We hope the newcomers to the house in the next dispensation would be as benevolent in their conduct, intellect and wellbeing as your person.

We are aware that our faith has been sealed with you no more in that garrulous house and we the real citizens who are living in the real world have been left in the lion’s loin to be devoured by human who look normal in the natural but in the spiritual and to the discerning eye are really two-headed monsters whose primary aim and role is to shred what little Caracas is left in us.

No wonder why our people, North, West, East and South, almost always look un-fed, un-kept and hungry about to keel over at any moment. I sometimes marvel and wonder how come our people have the immunity to hold malaria at bay despite looking desperately lean.

At times I wonder why a full grown adult would look so malnourish in a country that supplies about 8% of the world’s oil and gas. How come eating and buying chicken by the citizenry of my beloved country is an un-mentionable luxury. In my time, I have been to a lot of countries in the world, and in many countries chicken is a staple but not in my beloved Nigeria.

How come a country blessed with one of the finest weather in the world cannot produce enough birds to engage in the envious and very rare sports of chicken football matches beats my imagination, I believe our country can get to this height just like we once had a pyramid of Groundnuts that rose from the ground to just below the clouds.

Our nations would rise to such lofty heights again if we can have more Obahiagbon in the house.
Re: Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. by Ibime(m): 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2011
Though it's been over a week since the electoral dethronement of the avuncular grammarian, one cannot emancipate oneself from reminiscing wistfully over the joviality of watching the honourable legislator command the house microphone with the perspisacity of an Achebe, yet interspersed with the befuddling complexity of a Soyinka.

It is this contradiction which endears Mr Obahiagbon to oneself, for although his lexicon sounded grandiose, his message was often simple and straight to the point.

(1) (Reply)

Katsina State Cpc Vs Gov. Shema’s Pdp / Nigerian Editor In Chief Of Science Of The Total Environment Steps Down In Style / Why Do We Have More Of The Hausa's In The Army?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.