Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Simple Tutorial On Operating Your Prepaid Meter - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Simple Tutorial On Operating Your Prepaid Meter (2817 Views)

Why Your Prepaid Electricity Token Are Not Entering / Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks / Simple Tutorial On How You Can Make Not Less Than #100k In A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Simple Tutorial On Operating Your Prepaid Meter by Mikojetty: 1:13pm On May 14, 2020
Operating the prepaid meter is very easy as it is a very simple device.

There are a few basic commands to know if you want to:

1. Check your meter number
2. Load a token
3. Check your unit balance

1. Check your meter number: To check your meter number, Firstly make sure your meter is connected directly to a wall socket when there is electricity (If you run out of units and there is still power, you can power it using AA batteries) then dial "65" on the keypad and the blue enter button.

The meter will display your meter number which you can use to purchase a token in step 2.

2. Load a token: A token is a 20digit number that you can use to top up your prepaid meter. It is just like the paper recharge card you purchase to top up your phone. Firstly, you need to purchase the token online or offline. To purchase it offline, visit a vendor that sells electricity and pay them for the token. They will give you the number which you will then type into your meter.

After you type the number, press enter and the meter will tell you "accept"(sometimes it doesn't show this but still works) once it works, power will be restored to your house and your units will be topped up.

The other method which is faster is to purchase the units online from a reliable vendor. I use https://nepa.ng due to their simplicity and speed.
For this, you need an internet-connected device and a credit card. Simply head over to their site and choose your disco. For example Ibedc, Ikeja electric, etc, type in your meter number, and how much you want to buy.

After this, the system will confirm your name or the name registered with the meter to avoid errors then you can proceed to pay securely via flutterwave portal online by entering your card details. You can also pay by entering your bank account if you don't want to use your card.

After this, they will verify and send you your token on that page and on your email. Then you can load your token on your meter as I explained earlier.

3. To check your balance, simply dial "07" into the meter and it will show you your remaining units in KWh(Kilowatthour).

I hope this tutorial was easy for you to follow. If you have any issues, reply under this thread so that I and other nairalanders can help you out.

If you like the tutorial then share it. Also, look our for my how to save energy tutorial with simple home hacks anyone can do.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Exchange Your Paypal Funds Here...very Legit Exchanger / Unleashing The Power Of Hybrid Books On Amazon KDP / Saipem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.