Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks (32830 Views)

Crypto Bull Run 2024/2025!!! What You Need To Know And Coins You Need To Buy. / Who Knows D Cost Of A Bag Of Crayfish In Onitsha Know And Hw Many Painters In It / 6 Telecom Companies To Lose Operating Licences In Feb’2017 – NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by finnestdope(m): 8:23pm On Sep 04, 2018
Dopi Technologies Post

It's not been up to a year the USSD banking system was introduced and now comes WhatsApp Banking. While the USSD banking system uses short dial codes; this system simply requires you add a specific number to your WhatsApp contact list and start performing bank transactions.

This system of banking is aimed at easing up banking stress for Nigerians. You can just send money, pay bills, top-up airtime, check balance, etc right on WhatsApp messenger. Not to forget, many Nigerian banks also have integrated virtual assistants to help with bank transaction via FB messenger.

How to set up WhatsApp Banking
There no much stress here, as long as you have the Whatsapp messenger installed on your mobile phone, you could easily set this up. All you need to do is to add the mobile number provided by your bank to your Whatsapp contact list, register, and start banking.

Banks currently using the WhatsApp Banking System
Below are the Nigerian banks currently using this system of banking and how to set it up.

Access WhatsApp Banking

If you are an Access bank customer, follow the steps below to set up and start using the Whatsapp banking system for your transactions.

WhatsApp Banking is a social media platform designed to allow existing and potential customers make use of financial services that Access Bank offers such as funds transfers, airtime purchase, bill payments, balance enquiry, account opening and so much more

First, you have to save this number on your mobile phone and use the commands below - +2349090901901

1. Launch the WhatsApp app
2. Say ‘Hi’
3. A menu will appear for you to select an option
4. Select ‘Register’
5. Input your first and last name, email address, and Access Bank Account Number”
6. Registration is complete
7. Access WhatsApp Banking will ask if further assistance is needed
8. Banking ends the session

UBA WhatsApp Banking

United Bank for Africa has also launched its chat banking mobile number. It means UBA customers can now perform bank transactions directly from their WhatsApp messenger.

With Leo on WhatsApp, customers who are users and lovers of the app can now can perform basic banking services including checking their balances on the go, transferring funds, paying bills, among other services.

“This only goes to show that our resolve in continuing to deploy innovative solutions that place customers first, using cutting edge technology for their collective satisfaction and excellent banking experience is important to us. This recognition will further spur us to do more in meeting the needs of our customers with unrivalled services.”

“Our recent launch of Leo in 13 other African countries is evidence that UBA has on its agenda, the objective of digital creativity especially in service for our trusted customer base across the African continent.” - Chief Executive Officer, UBA, Mr. Kennedy Uzoka

To use the UBA chat banking system, add this number to your mobile phone contact list and bank with the commands below - +2349030002455

1. Open WhatsApp
2. Send "Hi"
3. Accept the terms and conditions by entering 1(one)
4. Follow the provided link to register using your UBA account number
5. Return to Whatsapp, enter the OTP(One Time Password) send to your mobile number and off you go!

Transactions you can do via the WhatsApp Banking system
Check Balance
Send Money
Airtime Topup
Pay Bills
And many more

More Nigerian Banks to Join the Race Soon!
FirstBank and GTB (Guarantee trust Bank) have indicated interest to integrate this system of banking and will be launching their mobile numbers soon. Other banks are also expected to join the race sooner.

What More?
This method still requires an active internet connection, and will not work on feature mobile phones because they do not support WhatsApp messenger app. However, the most versatile banking system is the use of USSD codes; this method does not make use of internet connection and it works on all mobile devices. Users of feature phones like Nokia C1, Asha, etc. cannot use this system of banking.

At dopitech, we have previously talked about USSD banking, read here - [url="https://www.dopitech.com/nigerian-banks-ussd-codes-mobile-banking/"]All Nigerian Banks USSD Codes For Mobile Banking[/url]

Remember to share this article with friends on social media. We'll update this post once other banks launch their Whatsapp banking number. Have a great day!

Link: https://www.dopitech.com/whatsapp-banking/

19 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by AJOBI77(m): 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2018
Nice development
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by ifymadu: 9:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
Hope it’s secured?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by xreal: 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
Hope this wouldn't make 'job' easy for 'yahoo boys'?

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by phizzy911(m): 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
Wonderful
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
cheesy
I wonder why they are called first bank.

14 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by kayultimate(m): 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
SEEN
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by nelronaldo(m): 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2018
ifymadu:
Hope it’s secured?
Yh
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by jaxxy(m): 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
Imagine
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Moreoffaith(m): 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
Bank mobile app has ruined some people life, op you wan make I tear you slap abi ??

Who you wan go cry meet if your money is transfered through WhatsApp?

How much i get wey I wan dey play with yahoo boys

As I dey see my 7,942 for my account pay me o, no come pour sand sand for mg garri abeg.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by nastyesco(m): 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
How secure is this process...not a situation, where if your phone goes missing ur funds can be transferred with ease...don’t forget WhatsApp keeps a history of msgs

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Great504: 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
ѕυċн α вʀιℓℓιαηт ιɗєα. тєċнησℓσgу αηɗ ιηησναтιση. кєєρ ιт υρ.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by FODA(m): 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
Nice development,hope they will not count this as part of achievement?
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Offpoint: 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
nice, but I ain't opting to that... whatsapp ain't got no login....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by new2012: 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
IamJix:
cheesy

I wonder why they are called first bank.

They lost that right a long time ago.

Headed by a career accountant who don't understand banking or leadership, marred by several financial scandals involving high level theft and bruised by owner who constantly defy banking laws and taking loans that are never paid.

Even past glory have been borrowed, its near dead!

5 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by ExAngel007(f): 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Qsscruz(m): 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
They keeping bringing up ways to make us spend faster.. I pray God gives us different ways to earn so that our account balance would look like a phone number with the country code added.. cool

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by anxiousguy: 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
One thing is sure, to empty someone's account all I have to do is spoof their MAC address and boom I have a replica of their WhatsApp on my phone.

Please someone should quote me with Mutala Muhammed Airport Helpline. My aunt arrived the country via that airport and she is stranded there
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by finnestdope(m): 9:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
ifymadu:
Hope it’s secured?

Very secured
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by dragon2(m): 9:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
Where will the whatsapp server for Nigerian banks be based? Abroad?. If so,I am worried.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by honey001(m): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
Ah! Me I no dey Ooooh.....

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Airoflaw(m): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
everything is changing
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by annnikky(f): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
Is really nice buh What happens if ur fone is stolen
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by AlphaStyles(m): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
yahoo yahoo boys don see another way to take gba people money make una dy careful oo
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Bantino(m): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
Noted
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by SALIMAN(m): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
Newest Scammed Y'all need to beware before alarm /alert begin enter

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by alphaconde(m): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
ifymadu:
Hope it’s secured?

If u loose guard even the most secured becomes insecure
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by veeberry(m): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
Let's be guided. What if your phone is missing or stolen. These banks should tell us the security features. Please you all should secure your hard earned money.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by drololaaof: 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2018
What are charges, it is to do now but they will come up with there unwarranted charges later
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by kunkelhanspeter(m): 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2018
Please pals which Nigeria banks has the highest fix deposit rate and
How can I ask or post my issue on nairaland help!!!!
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by raymytech2: 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2018
For best ecommerce, blog, forum and many other websites, contact us for yours.. Affordable prices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira - Dollar Exchange Rate From 1972 Till Date / Multipurpose Cooperative Society "World Bank Grant" SCAM / Obafemi Olopade: My Calabar Condom, Syringe Factories Were Killed By Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.