Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? (55098 Views)

Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 / Which Nigerian City Can Road Traffic Be As Discipline As This? (PHOTOS) / South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by miketayo(m): 10:42am On May 15, 2020
OreMI22:
Abuja has the best roads because 75% of Nigeria wealth was spent just on Abuja, while neglecting other cities.

Lagos in a way also comes second because it benefited immensely from Nigeria's wealth before Abuja became capital

Wealth doesn't mean good roads, akwa ibom has way better roads than Lagos,
Been to Abuja just once I can't say if it's better than akwa ibom

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by miketayo(m): 10:43am On May 15, 2020
Kinematics:

Lagos has roads though not good roads per se, but it has the highest number of roads for a state in Nigeria today, hence I put it there. I was thinking of Kaduna as well.

Atleast I've been to all this places and can tell about how good the roads are based on Nigerian standard.

Lagos has terrible roads, both ikorodu road and lekki epe highway

4 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by scopusng(m): 10:44am On May 15, 2020
Euegene100001:
Fugar is not a city

Fugar is a city biko. Fugar City is the name.
Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by bluefilm: 10:44am On May 15, 2020
Problemkid1:
Enugu cheesy

Yes.

Enugu Amaka. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by olax02(m): 10:44am On May 15, 2020
Imustsurvive:

you cant say Lagos because of the crazy traffic
we have used to it.. grin
Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by membranus: 10:45am On May 15, 2020
scopusng:
Fugar, in Edo state has the best road network in Nigeria.

Yeah?
Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by OJEEMAH(m): 10:46am On May 15, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
Guy I swear this thread surprise me many people never visit Abuja .....no state come close to Abj..... not even Lagos some ppl Dey here Dey shout uyo
Honestly bro but I'm not surprised.

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by Euegene100001: 10:46am On May 15, 2020
Lol sorry there is only one city in Edo state and it’s called Benin city the rest are small town and villages fugar is one of such villages. Use google for further research
scopusng:

Fugar is a city biko. Fugar City is the name.

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by Crixxx: 10:46am On May 15, 2020
KINEMATICZ:
OP where's PORT HARCOURT?

Chino is that you?.. which ever way kinematicshabe offended you just forgive.
Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by Jaqenhghar: 10:47am On May 15, 2020
Igbosmoker:
Abuja
Lagos
Uyo
Enugu
Calabar

Which of these cities have the finest roads and good road network? I personally will go for Abuja
None
Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by horlamilekan23: 10:47am On May 15, 2020
Muyiwaipere:
Just accept it ...Akwa ibom

Trust me bro, you've said it all.
That state too make sense

4 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by InvertedHammer: 10:47am On May 15, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
Guy I swear this thread surprise me many people never visit Abuja .....no state come close to Abj..... not even Lagos some ppl Dey here Dey shout uyo
/
When will Abuja develop into a major city with booming downtown? It is a glorified slum.

Looking down at Abuja from an international flight during arrival, one may think they are flying into Angwan Rogo.

\
Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by Loooooooogstory: 10:47am On May 15, 2020
Enugu

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by Caveatemptor(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2020
Muyiwaipere:
Just accept it ...Akwa ibom

City sir, NOT state!
Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by miketayo(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2020
olax02:
Lagos...then other state follows...

Which Lagos, Lagos roads r bad

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by richiemcgold: 10:48am On May 15, 2020
it is very obvious that many people on this forum including the op don't travel far and wide. you're talking of good roads and Kaduna is not mentioned, all these abeokutas, uyos, owerris etc you people are touting should actually come after Kaduna, Kano & even maiduguri.

5 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by nuelyoyo(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2020
All these people shouting Uyo have certainly not been to Abuja. Or they visited Abuja but limited themselves to the satellite areas of Abuja. When you take a tour of Abuja Municipal Area (AMAC), you will know that no city in Nigeria compares to Abuja when it comes to good road network.

PS: I have lived in three of the cities mentioned in the OP's list and visited the other two frequently. So I am talking based on what I have seen, not hear say.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by prettytasha(f): 10:48am On May 15, 2020
mrvitalis:

All Lagos roads I have passed are very poor ...u can't compare the quality to that of port Harcourt or Abuja ...even uyo roads are not as smooth as pH or Abuja roads
Port Harcourt road ? Quality ? ... pH doesn't have good road networks apart from certain areas in town , diobu and old gra axis

3 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by Caveatemptor(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:

Anambra I swear you will cover the whole village in anambra without knowing it
There road network is something else

City sir, NOT state!
Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by Ginomel(m): 10:49am On May 15, 2020
Anambra and Uyo, the road network in Anambra is mind blowing.

Anambra is now a City, no longer a state, everywhere seems developed as a city.

Anambra City.

3 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by ThatFairGuy: 10:49am On May 15, 2020
mrvitalis:
Uyo is really too small to compare ....
I would say Abuja pH Enugu
Tribal jingoist

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by Nobody: 10:49am On May 15, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
When will Abuja develop into a major city with booming downtown? It is a glorified slum.

\
slum kor just say u never visit Abj for ur life.... Abj is the only closest thing to civilization in Nigeria.... if Abj is a slum then the remaining part of Nigeria is a shithole jungle

11 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by kenny1313(m): 10:50am On May 15, 2020
Try and travel you won't.
You will just be in one particular region and draw conclusion.

As far as Nigeria is concern the Northern region has the best road network. No state is close to ABJ in Nigeria.

In kano even if you live in slum you have assess to good road.
kaduna also have good roads.... Kastina is another. Once it's about Road and infastructure give it to North.
I'm an Igbo Guy for your Info.

5 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 15, 2020
Uyo meyo.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by scoundrel(f): 10:51am On May 15, 2020
Since we are now reduced to commenting on childish threads I’ll say Benin City has the best roads.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by adunnioladipupo: 10:51am On May 15, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:

Anambra I swear you will cover the whole village in anambra without knowing it
There road network is something else

You are very correct bro.
When I was posted to Idemile South at camp, we were told its a village but on getting there, I saw it like a town cause of their good road network and buildings.

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by miketayo(m): 10:51am On May 15, 2020
chichiana:

Where have you been to in lagos to yab this nonsense.you think lagos is all about low life dirty mainland areas youve been to.. Get sense small abeg

So in ur opinion lekki/epe road is good, or u want to talk about d roads within VI?
Face it most of our roads r bad or manageable

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by Honor10: 10:51am On May 15, 2020
mrvitalis:

Which Lagos abeg ...where in Lagos has good roads

Ur village in Abia has nothing on lagos. Ipob hater, may ur hatred kill u
Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by Jokerman(m): 10:51am On May 15, 2020
Abia state and Oyo state
Re: Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? by InvertedHammer: 10:51am On May 15, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
slum kor just say u never visit Abj for ur life.... Abj is the only closest thing to civilization in Nigeria.... if Abj is a slum then the remaining part of Nigeria is a shithole jungle
/
They are shithole. No doubt.

No water. No constant power supply.
What qualifies Abuja as a modern city?

/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

OCHA BRIGADE Kenneth Okonkwo Dies In Accident (Photos) / Sinkhole Swallows Range Rover Sport In Imo State (Video) / Accident Kills Nigerian Man From South Africa On 1st December (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.