Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? (52179 Views)

Raymond Dokpesi Jnr. Blasts Saharareporters Over 'Sensational' Headline / Raymond Dokpesi Snr And 7 Family Members Test Positive For Coronavirus / Raymond Dokpesi Tests Positive For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Correcto: 11:54am On May 15, 2020
It is obvious you are stupid. He raised a concern, which should be responded to by the right gov body. Covid19 is real but something is not just right about this pandemic in Nigeria.
Proudlyngwa:
Dokpesi is a fool, a big fool for that,, hope he knows the consequences of his speech.
Everything is not politics.
I wish they had left the idiot at home and concentrated resources on more meaningful people

2 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by kingxsamz(m): 11:55am On May 15, 2020
teejet:
Good question.

My thoughts as well since no one is dying as a result of malaria again.

How many people did you know that died from Malaria before this pandemic?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by adelaja70(m): 11:56am On May 15, 2020
GamalNasser:

Na Panadol you dey treat your own malaria....he took chloroquine and got well
OK.. Na you recommend the drug to him. To all politicians every thing Na politics. So Na malaria 2or3 of his family members get at the same time abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Farki: 11:56am On May 15, 2020
myforty68:
The real issue is that Malaria is NOT SYNONYMOUS WITH FEVER
many diseases present with fever including viral and parasitic infections
so just because of fever which is a non-specific symptom, it does not mean it is malaria
What do you expect from the ignorant? Him and the idiots here calling it a scam didn't study basic biology.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by kingxsamz(m): 11:57am On May 15, 2020
Discovery4today:

Seriously, there are people there in the hospital that just have fever just simple malaria symptoms that are taken as covid-19 patients

Did you test them yourself?
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by babajero(m): 11:58am On May 15, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
scamdemic it is .

it's so so easy to brainwash Nigerians I swear .

if you see how some of them come on nairaland and other media platform to argue , you would think they've got there senses all intact.

most Nigerians are educated mumus and the old polithiefcians are taking advantage of that .
Covid 19 in Nigeria is all media and propaganda.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Jarus(m): 11:59am On May 15, 2020
This is disappointing coming a revered person like Dokpesi.

Has any drug been discovered specifically for covid-19? No. Development of drugs takes time - years. What is being used are existing drugs developed for other illnesses, those found to be helpful for containment of the symptoms. The symptoms are similar for most diseases. For example, paracetamol is helpful for headache and fever and many illnesses, from malaria to Covid-19, have fever as part of the symptoms. So if paracetamol is part of the treatment protocol for covid-19 symptoms (fever), how does that make it out of order just because it is used in malaria treatment too.

So what is strange here?

He doesn't even know that it is the symptoms they are treating and the virus itself is left to be fought by body immunity.

He said some patients were tested in reputable hospitals and confirmed to have malaria, did the hospitals test for coronavirus and found that they did not have? Who told him that someone cannot have malaria and coronavirus at the same time?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Roon9(m): 11:59am On May 15, 2020
latestsportsnew:
food for thought Indeed, we don't talk about Malaria Again, Everybody is now talking about Covid-19

Nawa for you o. So u don't know malaria has been conquered? grin
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by kingxsamz(m): 12:00pm On May 15, 2020
9isguy:
This country
I fell sick after the first 5 fasting and couldn’t fast again, I was having sore throat and fever though I went to the hospital and I was tested Positive for Malaria Parasite and Typhoid Fever, I was given some drugs BUT I was asking myself that could it be that I have Corona Virus? The funny thing is that I live inside A University Senior Staff Quarters of which it takes some mins drive to get to the nearby town, since the commencement of the lockdown I have been in my house, I was now asking myself how could I possibly have the virus and despite living with my brothers they ain’t infected..... my brother it was very funny that I started counting 14days�..... Alhamdullilah I am better and have fully recovered now..... I was so tensed and Confused

God will help us in this country
Lol, why didn't you test positive for CoronaVirus, since people are claiming that everyone with malaria symptoms are now testing positive for Coronavirus?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:01pm On May 15, 2020
Correcto:
It is obvious you are stupid. He raised a concern, which should be responded to by the right job body. Covid19 is real but something is just right about this pandemic in Nigeria.
And you are more stupid.
Can you prove it or you go about maliciously spewing useless trash.
You people like propaganda too much.
If They useless Dokpesi knew he had malaria, he should not have spent two weeks in an isolation center wasting scarce resources.
You people hate your country so much you are ready to discredit everything

3 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Aystarz: 12:01pm On May 15, 2020
Xclusivedaniel6:

God bless you my brother
we don't see beyond our nose, all we do is argue on shits they prepare for us

What more could we do na ? This government is, by far, the most secretive of every other administration we've ever had in this country.

Played once again!

4 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by 12inchess: 12:04pm On May 15, 2020
Discovery4today:

Seriously, there are people there in the hospital that just have fever just simple malaria symptoms that are taken as covid-19 patients
I don't know why Nigerians are so dum. b. I'm sorry to sound rude. The only conclusive way you can differentiate Between COVID or Malaria is by running a test. Even the tests have a margin of error. What is your evidence that people with malaria are taken in as COVID patients. Are you the one that carried out the test on them?
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by WelcomeToBiafra: 12:04pm On May 15, 2020
grin Nigeria has fallen. Watch out for another scamming tools to fight against people's freedom.

This was the kinda strategy British used to forced us to answering Niggerians instead of our original identity.

Adgideon:
Me too i wonder the moment u cough, sneeze or even i dont even know what to add they say is coro the next thing they add numbers, i know someone that jokely called their no. They did not come only for him to see the name and area he called from in the papers
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by GamalNasser: 12:04pm On May 15, 2020
GavelSlam:

Shut up.

Yours is just to be on the Trumptard bandwagon without making any objective case.

Are you suggesting the likes of Kyari, Ellis Marsalis Jr, Dr. Emeka Chugbo, died from malaria?

Bro I done miss you ooo..welcome
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Jarus(m): 12:06pm On May 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol, why didn't you test positive for CoronaVirus, since people are claiming that everyone with malaria symptoms are now testing positive for Coronavirus?

I returned to Nigeria on March 14, and was feeling unwell. I went to my hospital and confirmed as having malaria. I finished two doses of malaria drugs and an injection and still did not feel totally well. I suspected coronavirus and got tested for coronavirus. I came out negative. I continued treatment of my malaria and I'm now well.

Why didn't my coronavirus test come out positive since I was battling malaria when I did the test?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Correcto: 12:07pm On May 15, 2020
I am not sure you watched the video. Olodo, what is wrong on raising a concern? People like you are dummies who never ask any question even when something seems confusing. Fool!
Proudlyngwa:

And you are more stupid.
Can you prove it or you go about maliciously spewing useless trash.
You people like propaganda too much.
If They useless Dolorous knew he had malaria, he should not have spent two weeks in an isolation center wasting scarce resources.
You people hate your country so much you are ready to discredit everything

2 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by 9isguy(m): 12:07pm On May 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

Well I no call NCDC na
Perhaps it was a private hospital and Corona Virus test wasn’t carried out on me

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Elxandre(m): 12:09pm On May 15, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
They have to justify the use of the billions donated for Covid-19.

When you see Covid-19 patients, you will understand the charade going on in Nigeria. For one, there is acute hypoxic respiratory failure. Chest X-ray will show patchy infilterates. SOB, fever and cough are at the onset.

\
Not all cases are critical. You should know that.

1 Like

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 15, 2020
Every sickness in Nigeria now is put under the budget of covid19. No one dear sick of anything again ooooo, that is why the figures keep rising and the discharging is also rising.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Banter1(m): 12:11pm On May 15, 2020
latestsportsnew:
what is the possible cure for the Scandemic please grin
The cure is, for all citizens of the country to come out if their houses and ignore this lockdown, and go about their normal life. That's the only cure for this Scamdemic.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by barragan: 12:13pm On May 15, 2020
adadike:
When I said it, people called for my head. If you have malaria, just go to NCDC office and see if you won't test positive for Covid 19. ! NCDC , stop lying to Nigerians , they have suffered enough

How would you know it's malaria you have and not covid19?
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:16pm On May 15, 2020
Correcto:
I am not sure you watched the video. Olodo, what is wrong on raising a concern? People like you are dummies who never ask any question even when something seems confusing. Fool!

You and dokpesi don't have sense, if you don't have idea of something., keep quiet so as not to mislead the fragile public.
Once again Dokpesi is a fool for his comment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by timbabng(m): 12:16pm On May 15, 2020
If you have malaria & covid-19 at the same time, your chances of beating covid-19 will be reduced. So, doctors will want to help your immune system kill off the malaria parasite so that it can concentrate on the bigger threat.

2 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 15, 2020
andyanders:

A food for thought indeed. Those people benefiting from this virus, would not want it to end. Ordinary malaria, will be termed as coro. Cough we experience here in Nigeria as a result of dusty environment, would be termed as coro. Headech as a result of stress and suffering in a bad system of governance like Nigeria, will be tagged as a coro patient.

Many officials are smilling to their banks or private strong rooms to the detriment of the poor masses, while hunger is killing the poor.

God will judge our leaders.

What if you now have cough/cattarh/malaria/typhoid at d same time? grin

2 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by GavelSlam: 12:18pm On May 15, 2020
GamalNasser:

Bro I done miss you ooo..welcome

Miss fire

No be your guys make dem ban me for 6 months?
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:18pm On May 15, 2020
ProfDview1:

Shut up joor.. He can not say his mind again Abi...

Swerve joor.. Full shaidren
Say his mind at the detriment of effort of health workers service.
You guys need to learn quietness.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by PropertyBuying(f): 12:19pm On May 15, 2020
latestsportsnew:
food for thought Indeed, we don't talk about Malaria Again, Everybody is now talking about Covid-19
It's the symptoms shown but this deadly disease.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Xisnin(m): 12:20pm On May 15, 2020
MuchAdo:

What spectacular thing do you think government has done to keep the number of deaths less than 200

I am assuming you are not a conspiracy nutter who is looking for gotchas.

Here are some stats of total deaths/total cases for random countries.

USA
86912/1457593
Percent death: 6%

Nigeria:
157/5,162
Percent death: 3%

China
4,633/82,933
Percent deaths: 5.5%

Japan
697/16120
Percent deaths: 4%

Germany
7,928/174,975
Percent deaths: 4.5%

Russia
2418/262843
Percent deaths: 0.91%

France
27,425/178,870
Percent deaths: 15.3%

Saudi Arabia
283/46,869
Percent deaths: 0.6%

Spain
27321/272646
Percent of deaths: 10%

What spectacular thing did Russia do(0.91% deaths) that France could not(15.3% deaths)?

What spectacular thing did Saudi Arabia do(0.6% deaths) that Spain could not(10% deaths)?

Almost every question about Covid-19 case numbers can be explained by population density, immigration/tourist influx at the beginning of the crisis, and the percentage of old people they have.

People like Dokpesi are a waste of oxygen and resources.
He should have been quarantined in his home along with families and not allow to go out until he tests positive or dies.
There is no reason why the government should have wasted money to house and treat him.

The only reason people are asking questions they can't understand is because they are losing money not out of concern for the disease.

If the Coronavirus were that lethal on us at it were on them abroad, don't you think we all would have been dead by now
Coronavirus is not that lethal in any country.
Anyone telling you otherwise is lying.

Even if we did nothing, it won't kill more than 5% of the populace, which is a mere 10 million Nigerians.
We will still have 190 million people alive at the end of the day though every other country will ban us from visiting them for the next 3+ years.

3 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by chrisooblog: 12:24pm On May 15, 2020
For the love of God most of you on nairaland have access to Google please look up the symptoms of covid-19 . Isn't fever part of the symptoms so where do you like to create controversy where there is none? You say ncdc is lying to you so all the countries in the world are lying on this matter? Everybody has collectively decided to sit at home destroying the economy because they want to lie to you? Please some of you try and engage your brain. It doesn't require a ring if that is what is doing some of you SMH

2 Likes

Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by subcbouy: 12:24pm On May 15, 2020
Soundcity! you were initially scared, you kept mute. And now that you are negative you started another audio radio station, confidence activated.
Re: Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? by Rebuke: 12:25pm On May 15, 2020
"When bleeze blow we go see fowl nyash". cheesy

Smh! Una eyes still never clear like this abi?

Nigerians are so gullible. Very soon more will be revealed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Expert Reveals Dangers Of Unprotected Sex / The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) / What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.