Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,069 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. (1363 Views)

Webmasters Brace Yourselves For Another Google Core Update! / Google Released January 2020 Core Update / How The Recent Google Core Updates Will Affect Websites And SEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by Tolzeal(m): 10:05am On May 15, 2020
I audited the forum (Nairaland.com) with Ahrefs and pretty nairaland got the hit too from the recent core update as seen in the data report below;

Points you should note;

1. Over 123k organic traffic lose in the last few days
2. Over 98k organic search terms lost as well.
3. Organic traffic currently in a downward slope.

How's is the current Google core update affecting your website?

Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by Seun(m): 7:01am On Nov 06, 2020
What should we do?
Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by Tbasicme: 7:25am On Nov 06, 2020
Seun:
What should we do?

Nothing. Just hope for the best.
Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by Juliusmomoh: 7:26am On Nov 06, 2020
Seun:
What should we do?
I think u should look into that ...
Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by Dayoebe(m): 9:32am On Nov 06, 2020
Seun:
What should we do?

Upgrade NL GUI.
2004 template is off point.

This forum should be like Quora, if not better

1 Like

Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by Wassapviews: 9:59am On Nov 06, 2020
Seun how many months does an ads take to get approved? sad

Seun:
What should we do?
Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by olaboy33(m): 2:25pm On Nov 06, 2020
Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by iamyemiakins(m): 3:24pm On Nov 06, 2020
Why is the image not loading?
Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by Ajibade123(m): 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2020
Seun:
What should we do?
please can I intern at nairaland??
Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by Tolzeal(m): 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2020
Seun:
What should we do?

Things are getting back to their state.
Here is the November audit as the website gained thousands of natural editorial backlinks;

More Insight ;

One other major problem is people turning Nairaland into a link farm.
There are thousands of newly/automated generated URLs on daily basis. You have the forum on Do-follow which passes juice to external URLs. External links having the Do-follow juice shouldn't be a problem but at least let them be worthy.

Here are a few of the spammy URLs that might worth looking at;

https://www.nairaland.com/postcash/posts
https://www.nairaland.com/4779980/easiest-way-make-confession
https://www.nairaland.com/4556101/startimes-launches-new-app-fifa
https://www.nairaland.com/4515530/saraki-vs-igp-no-appointment#67747457
https://www.nairaland.com/1225734/transcript-d-commandant-oga-d#14761511

I could curate thousands of these spammy URLs. These are pure spam and feel you should have a quality control team over it
Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by Tolzeal(m): 10:27pm On Nov 06, 2020
iamyemiakins:
Why is the image not loading?

I have it fixed now, Please confirm you can see the updated images.

Dayoebe:

Upgrade NL GUI.
2004 template is off point.
This forum should be like Quora, if not better

Nairaland is not a QA intent project so it doesn't have to be like quora, But have seen a lot of Xenforo forums: https://xenforo.com/ performing really great with modern functionalities.

Highly customizable by these folks: https://pixelexit.com/
These just need to go into BETA testing phase before launch - Also making sure all URLs structure as well in place.
Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by meobizy(f): 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2020
Wait, that one can get off his high horse? Lol. There is a first time for everything.
Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by Tolzeal(m): 4:00am On Dec 12, 2020
meobizy:
Wait, that one can get off his high horse? Lol. There is a first time for everything.

What do you mean ?
Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by NLRulesEnforcer: 8:16am On Jan 07, 2021
Ajibade123:

please can I intern at nairaland??

You want to "intern at nairaland" while you continue to abuse and break forum rules with your continuous spamming of adverts on various threads.

If you continue to spam threads you will be reported to the Mods and your account will be banned permanently within the next 24 hours. Please receive sense and act guided.
Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by Ajibade123(m): 8:46am On Jan 07, 2021
NLRulesEnforcer:

You want to "intern at nairaland" while you continue to abuse and break forum rules with your continuous spamming of adverts on various threads.

If you continue to spam threads you will be reported to the Mods and your account will be banned permanently within the next 24 hours. Please receive sense and act guided.
who is this
how did I spam??
Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by NLRulesEnforcer: 12:52pm On Jan 07, 2021
Ajibade123:

who is this
how did I spam??

You continue to abuse and break forum rules. Particularly Forum Rules 12 and 18

Rule 12: Don't insert signatures into your posts. Instead, add the desired signature to your profile.

Rule 18: Don't spam the forum by advertising in the wrong places or posting the same content many times.

Go through your own previous posts on multiple threads, in the Politics, Auto, Family, Crime, Religion, Celebrities sections and several others; wherein you continually add into your posts ads asking for people that want to work/study in other countries.

If you cannot act guided and read in-between the lines of Rules 12 and 18 and stop advertising your 'business' in ways that abuse and break forum rules you will be reported to the Mods and your account banned within 24 hours.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by Ajibade123(m): 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2021
NLRulesEnforcer:

You continue to abuse and break forum rules. Particularly Forum Rules 12 and 18

Rule 12: Don't insert signatures into your posts. Instead, add the desired signature to your profile.

Rule 18: Don't spam the forum by advertising in the wrong places or posting the same content many times.

Go through your own previous posts on multiple threads, in the Politics, Auto, Family, Crime, Religion, Celebrities sections and several others; wherein you continually add into your posts ads asking for people that want to work/study in other countries.

If you cannot act guided and read in-between the lines of Rules 12 and 18 and stop advertising your 'business' in ways that abuse and break forum rules you will be reported to the Mods and your account banned within 24 hours.
If I may ask why are you doing this or are you also a mod or are you employed here??
Re: Nairaland got Hit from recent May Google core update. by NLRulesEnforcer: 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2021
Ajibade123:

If I may ask why are you doing this or are you also a mod or are you employed here??

You should probably be less worried about who is behind an account and more worried about the key fact that you continue to abuse and
break, with impunity, the rules of this forum by your actions. Your continued behavior down this path will result in your being reported and permanently banned from this forum within 24 hours.

NB: You are not the only rule-breaker on this forum that needs to be cautioned. Hence, I will take my leave here to address those individuals' issues as well. However, you have been clearly warned - continue to abuse and break the forum rules and you will be reported and permanently banned.

(1) (Reply)

Definitive Article On CSS 2 / I Need A Webhosting With Mssql Database And Glassfish Server / I Need Help In Building A Small Website For My Family!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.