Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,903 members, 7,844,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 (1741 Views)

Andrew Yakubu: $9.7m, £74000 Found In My House By EFCC Were Given To Me As Gifts / FCT Officials Are Demolishing Dokpesi’s Buildings In Abuja / Raymond Dokpesi Arrested In Abuja On Arrival From Foreign Medical Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by igwesylv: 1:41pm On May 15, 2020

High Chief Raymond Dokpesi, The founder of DAAR Communications, owners of African Independent Television (AIT) and RayPower FM has explanations from medical experts on what type of disease coronavirus really is.

There have been debates across the world over the similarities of the illness to malaria.

This has led to warnings against the use of a malaria drug Chloroquine by health officials and bodies.

On Thursday, the National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) restated its warning about the medication.

Prof. Mojisola Adeyeye, NAFDAC Director General, said: “Nobody should buy chloroquine and use. If you have COVID-19, go to a doctor. We have warned Nigerians, do not take chloroquine”.

But after he was discharged, Dokpesi, the founder of DAAR Communications, owners of African Independent Television (AIT) and RayPower FM, declared that he was confused.

He said: “I still have doubts in my mind and I need to be educated. What’s the difference between COVID-19 and malaria? Every drug we were given were malaria medications.

“A number of persons who tested positive were checked in reputable labs, hospitals in Abuja and were found to have malaria parasites in their blood streams. When did malaria become synonymous with COVID-19?”

AUTHENTIC reports that for now, the only authorized treatment for the pandemic is Remdesivir.

WATCH VIDEO AND READ FULL: https://authenticng.com/dokpesi-we-were-given-malaria-drugs-for-covid-19/
Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by HundHunter(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2020
I thought this man is educated and a media mogul. Why is he demonstrating ignoramus mentality in public.

How come he doesn't know that the present course of treatment for Covid 19 is the treatment of opportunistic infections that compromises the body immune system. For examples malaria, tuberculosis etc.

Wailers will always be wailers even when there is nothing to wail about.

6 Likes

Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by abobote: 3:54pm On May 15, 2020
Good to know, no need for further lockdown for an advanced malaria infection
Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by Exc2000: 3:54pm On May 15, 2020
clout chasing old man
Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by Lovelive: 4:32pm On May 15, 2020
HundHunter:
I thought this man is educated and a media mogul. Why is he demonstrating ignoramus mentality in public.

How come he doesn't know that the present course of treatment for Covid 19 is the treatment of opportunistic infections that compromises the body immune system. For examples malaria, tuberculosis etc.

Don't be a wicked soul.

Learn to read btw the lines.

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by Bringback9ja: 4:47pm On May 15, 2020
Get dongoyaro and safe yourself some days of sickness lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by Powerintoxicate: 4:53pm On May 15, 2020
Ok o. This one that in Nigeria it's only tables we see all the time, no pictures of the patients at the isolation centres or something or even videos. Na wa for Naija covid 19
Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by June15(m): 4:56pm On May 15, 2020
HundHunter:

Really?? You don talk be that o
Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by HundHunter(m): 5:13pm On May 15, 2020
Lovelive:

Don't be a wicked soul.

Learn to read btw the lines.

I understand your point.

Been sarcastic isn't what we needs now. Dokpesi knows better, he was just been particular.

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by HundHunter(m): 5:14pm On May 15, 2020
June15:

Really?? You don talk be that o

Please talk your own o.

Or mouth dey pain you?

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by igwesylv: 5:16pm On May 15, 2020
Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by YovvInteriors(m): 5:21pm On May 15, 2020
Thank God you're at least covid19 free now

Check my signature
Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by truthfulperson: 5:40pm On May 15, 2020
the ncdc people are confused set , once you have high malaria whose symptoms are similar to covid-19 you are told you are positive with covid-19 , that is why it is only in nigeria that you hear of high number of patient discharges after just a week or less of staying in isolation centers. Only malaria heals that fast.
Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by Okoroawusa: 6:24pm On May 15, 2020
I don't think Dokpesi made this statement

Bloggers!
Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by Web2020: 6:33pm On May 15, 2020
Babajide of TVC will not like this. That man paid to destroy Nigerians business through hyping of Covid-19. He will not succeed.
Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by omonnakoda: 7:02pm On May 15, 2020
HundHunter:

Is malaria an infection?
Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by HundHunter(m): 7:30pm On May 15, 2020
omonnakoda:

Is malaria an infection?

For your education on the subject matter

Malaria is also called: Plasmodium infection

A disease caused by a plasmodium parasite, transmitted by the bite of infected mosquitoes.

Treatable by a medical professional

Spreads by animals or insects

Requires a medical diagnosis lab test

Short-term: Resolves within days to weeks

Critical: Needs emergency care

The severity of malaria varies based on the species of plasmodium.

Very common: More than 1.5 million cases per year (Nigeria)

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19 by yuswrld20(m): 10:36pm On May 15, 2020
hahaha

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Decamped To PDP / Endsars: Coalition Pulls Out, Says Opposition Politicians Highjacking Protests / Ipob Members Also Have NIN, So What Are They Fighting For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.