Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,129 members, 7,811,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! (1125 Views)

Blame IBB For The Weak Naira-buhari / Photos From President Jonathan's Visit To IBB In Minna Today / IBB For President (2007) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by sammyzacks(m): 6:37am On Jan 15, 2011
“I, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, GCFR, wish to congratulate President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR for his landslide victory at yesterday’s presidential primaries of our great party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), held at the Eagle Square, Abuja.

“His victory at the primaries is not only personal, but to all members of our great party, to lovers of peace, unity and progress; and to all those who believe in democracy and Nigeria. I therefore urge him to be magnanimous in victory and carry along with him those who lost at yesterday’s event. This is the only way we can bury the intra-party differences and bitterness that preceded the primaries.

“Special congratulations to former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar GCON, on putting up a gallant fight and braving all the odds to make an impressive showing at the primaries. History will always give him a place of pride for his tireless efforts to enthrone democracy in Nigeria.

“My admiration also goes to the woman of substance and courage who never gives up – Mrs Sarah Jibril- who has since 1993 sought at every opportunity to offer her services as president of this country. Even though she has not succeeded, history will one day say this is the woman who saw tomorrow when eventually Nigeria elects a woman president.”
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by politicus: 6:58am On Jan 15, 2011
Kudos?
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Abagworo(m): 7:09am On Jan 15, 2011
The man who changed sides because he was asked to step down.Could it be because he is actually Gwari and not Hausa/Fulani?
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Ddaji(m): 9:09am On Jan 15, 2011
@Abagworo.Atiku too is not hausa,i don't understad the point you are try to make
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Beaf: 9:19am On Jan 15, 2011
IBB's words have proven that there will be no mass ethnically bigoted exodus.
Luckily too, we have a gentleman President whose tent is all-encompassing, wise and forgiving.

In this new day, we have bade farewell to ethnically driven politics. Let the best step forward! cool
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by rasputinn(m): 9:31am On Jan 15, 2011
IBB's (Kashim Afegbua's) words are nothing but an after-thought,what happened to the numerous letters he wrote to Nwodo seeking to stop our beloved President GEJ ,even some few days to the convention,oh I see,now that it's dawned on them that they were deluding themselves all along by mouthing all those northern this norther that bullshhit(as GEJ has shown them that he runs the North also,turning Atiku into a political orphan cum persona non grata in his home state),IBB has found it convenient to "congratulate" GEJ.

Well,I've monitored Mr Babangida for too long to be fooled by this thinly veiled attempt to curry the favour of GEJ,I have one word for him,SHOVE IT,FOOL

However,this is politics,GEJ should "accept" his "congratulations",then freeze him out in due time
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 15, 2011
Ibb has been demystified and his over bloated ego deflated hence he needs to quickly identify with GEJ to remain relevant politicaly and ensure dat his business intrest is adequately protected,infact he has no choice than to do what he just did. For me there is nothing cheering with dis maradonic display, he is just indirectly telling GEJ to remember him in his paradise snc his zoning agender didnt materialise.
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by blacksta(m): 9:46am On Jan 15, 2011
Mother all of sycophant is IBB  - his likes  are supposed be executed for all the evil his illegal government committed.

Sudan has a referendum, The power of people of Tunisa have chased away a dictatorship leader. I hope the fire of change comes to Nigeria quickly.  I strongly believe if you eliminate every persons present at the eagle square on Thursday Nigeria might breath of sign relief.  Those people are reason why we are retrogressing
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by blacksta(m): 9:49am On Jan 15, 2011
byrron:

Ibb has been demystified and his over bloated ego deflated hence he needs to quickly identify with GEJ to remain relevant politicaly and ensure dat his business intrest is adequately protected,infact he has no choice than to do what he just did. For me there is nothing cheering with dis maradonic display, he is just indirectly telling GEJ to remember him in his paradise snc his zoning agender didnt materialise.

100%

The only unity we have in Nigeria is unity of evil they are quick to identify themselves fast and the term AGIP clearly defines the lot
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 15, 2011
byrron:

What is this fool talking about who cares if GEJ wins or not ? why are you such a hypocriteYou want Ibb to go to war with GEJ,even after the PDP Primaries IBB has shown he is an ELDER Stateman that has a good spirit of sportmanship.He knows and Understands that the most important thing to Nigeria right now is her UNITY. Please quit playing that your useless Ethnicity card. It is because of people like you Jos is still boiling till date.
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by jamace(m): 10:34am On Jan 15, 2011
Why did IBB fail to attend the PDP primaries if he believes and respects the party?

As far as I am concern, IBB is only showing his usual "white teeth but with black heart".
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by miqos02(m): 10:45am On Jan 15, 2011
ibb congratulates JONA ? wonders shall never end
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Missy85(f): 10:59am On Jan 15, 2011
the guy is beaten and deflated. what else do people expect him to do? declare war?

remember also that he is a member of the State Council made up of the present and all previous heads of state. these guys meet from time to time,,,he can hardly not congratulate GEJ.  All the other living heads of state will have done so privately, but he had to do his publicly because of the public role he played in the zoning affair.

All said, good from him.

Btw, when Gej was declared winner, did Atiku not walk up to him to congratulate him? If he didnt, then he behaved very ungentlemanly & missed an oppportunity to win back some respect from Nigerians.
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Abagworo(m): 11:42am On Jan 15, 2011
Ddaji:

@Abagworo.Atiku too is not hausa,i don't understad the point you are try to make

The point is that IBB disappointed Atiku.It might not be for ethnic reasons but in case you are not aware, Atiku is a Fulani man.
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by slap1(m): 11:48am On Jan 15, 2011
Beware of a reconciled enemy! GEJ, watch your back . . . and front.
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Abagworo(m): 12:00pm On Jan 15, 2011
IBB has once again proven his Maradonaship by carefully avoiding the primaries and immediately identifying with the winner even when he did not vote.
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Nsiman(m): 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2011
Ibb's courage to do this publicly is heart warming, its 2nd to non in that ibb backed the nplf and firmly said he is with them though his group supported gej. @ missy85, no, Atiku didn't walkup to gej and greet him after the result was announced, even gej's strong supporter, Godswill Akpabio was refused a hand shake by Atiku at the eagle square that day, it was jubril that did that instead.
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Nsiman(m): 12:23pm On Jan 15, 2011
Ibb's courage to do this publicly is heart warming, its 2nd to non in that ibb backed the nplf and firmly said he is with them though his group supported gej. @ missy85, no, Atiku didn't walkup to gej and greet him after the result was announced, even gej's strong supporter, Godswill Akpabio was refused a hand shake by Atiku at the eagle square that day, it was jubril that did that instead.
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Abagworo(m): 12:33pm On Jan 15, 2011
Nsiman:

And he didn't show up too.What a good ally.
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2011
@ferari90: y do u ve to call me a fool for expressing a dfrnt opinion frm urs which i did with decorum. I dint even use abusive words on ibb either but u decided to respond to my coment with such abusive words. Evn if ibb was ur dad i still dint insult him and since u ve crossed d rubicon of civility im left with no than to condescend 2ur level and pay u back in ur own coin. MAY D CONBINATION OF SHANGO AND AMADIOHA STRIKE THOSE DIRTY FINGERS OF URS U USE IN TYPING THOSE WORDS WITH GRADE(A) LEPROSY. MAY MAGOTS & TERMITES BECOME UR TENANTS IN UR BRAIN SNC IT CAN NOT COMPREHEND A SIMPLE OPINION EXPRESSED BY ME TALKLESS OF POSTING RATIONAL COMENTS ON A PUBLIC FORUM LIKE DIS & LAST WHEN U GET HOME ASK UR DAD Y FOLISHNESS RUNS ON UR GENERATIONAL DNA's, IM SURE HE WILL BE SO PROUD OF U 4U JUST CONFIRMED DAT U ARE HIS TRUE SON FOR HE HAS BEEN DOUTHING IF U ARE HIS BIOLOGICAL SON HENCE UR MUM HAS BIN A SUSPECT ALL THESE WHL BUT TODAY U SOLVED DAT RIDDLE BY UR DISCOVERY THAT U ARE SUCH A COMPOUND FOOL AD INFINITY AND A PRODUCT OF A LEAKING CONDOM,IDIOT LIKE U. Im done with u and mods u can ban me if u care. Most comentators here will testify to d fact dat i chose my words carefully so as not to demean any1 here nt untill d poster abv who ran out from yaba left stumbled in2 an abandoned cyber cafe and headed 4d political section of nairaland and exhibit his stupidity. Note dis forum aint 4retards like u.IDIOT
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by jamace(m): 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
@ferari90: y do u ve to call me a fool for expressing a dfrnt opinion frm urs which i did with decorum. I dint even use abusive words on ibb either but u decided to respond to my coment with such abusive words. Evn if ibb was your dad i still dint insult him and since u ve crossed d rubicon of civility im left with no than to condescend 2ur level and pay u back in your own coin. MAY D CONBINATION OF SHANGO AND AMADIOHA STRIKE THOSE DIRTY FINGERS OF URS U USE IN TYPING THOSE WORDS WITH GRADE(A) LEPROSY. MAY MAGOTS & TERMITES BECOME your TENANTS IN your BRAIN SNC IT CAN NOT COMPREHEND A SIMPLE OPINION EXPRESSED BY ME TALKLESS OF POSTING RATIONAL COMENTS ON A PUBLIC FORUM LIKE DIS & LAST WHEN U GET HOME ASK your DAD Y FOLISHNESS RUNS ON your GENERATIONAL DNA's, IM SURE HE WILL BE SO PROUD OF U 4U JUST CONFIRMED DAT U ARE HIS TRUE SON FOR HE HAS BEEN DOUTHING IF U ARE HIS BIOLOGICAL SON HENCE your MUM HAS BIN A SUSPECT ALL THESE WHL BUT TODAY U SOLVED DAT RIDDLE BY your DISCOVERY THAT U ARE SUCH A COMPOUND FOOL AD INFINITY AND A PRODUCT OF A LEAKING CONDOM, LIKE U. Im done with u and mods u can ban me if u care. Most comentators here will testify to d fact dat i chose my words carefully so as not to demean any1 here nt untill d poster abv who ran out from yaba left stumbled in2 an abandoned cyber cafe and headed 4d political section of nairaland and exhibit his stupidity. Note dis forum aint 4retards like u.

grin grin Abeg, make una take am easy, biko. grin
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Nsiman(m): 2:30pm On Jan 15, 2011
@ abagworo, ibb was an aspirant before being knock out by Ciroma/nplf and since ibb supported Atiku after been knock out, he knew gej will win due to findings, so attending the convention to see Atiku humilliated wld have been an embarassement to him, so the wise thing to do was to absent.
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Solomon227(m): 3:14pm On Jan 15, 2011
byrron:

@ferari90: y do u ve to call me a fool for expressing a dfrnt opinion frm urs which i did with decorum. I dint even use abusive words on ibb either but u decided to respond to my coment with such abusive words. Evn if ibb was your dad i still dint insult him and since u ve crossed d rubicon of civility im left with no than to condescend 2ur level and pay u back in your own coin. MAY D CONBINATION OF SHANGO AND AMADIOHA STRIKE THOSE DIRTY FINGERS OF URS U USE IN TYPING THOSE WORDS WITH GRADE(A) LEPROSY. MAY MAGOTS & TERMITES BECOME your TENANTS IN your BRAIN SNC IT CAN NOT COMPREHEND A SIMPLE OPINION EXPRESSED BY ME TALKLESS OF POSTING RATIONAL COMENTS ON A PUBLIC FORUM LIKE DIS & LAST WHEN U GET HOME ASK your DAD Y FOLISHNESS RUNS ON your GENERATIONAL DNA's, IM SURE HE WILL BE SO PROUD OF U 4U JUST CONFIRMED DAT U ARE HIS TRUE SON FOR HE HAS BEEN DOUTHING IF U ARE HIS BIOLOGICAL SON HENCE your MUM HAS BIN A SUSPECT ALL THESE WHL BUT TODAY U SOLVED DAT RIDDLE BY your DISCOVERY THAT U ARE SUCH A COMPOUND FOOL AD INFINITY AND A PRODUCT OF A LEAKING CONDOM, LIKE U. Im done with u and mods u can ban me if u care. Most comentators here will testify to d fact dat i chose my words carefully so as not to demean any1 here nt untill d poster abv who ran out from yaba left stumbled in2 an abandoned cyber cafe and headed 4d political section of nairaland and exhibit his stupidity. Note dis forum aint 4retards like u.

Cough! cough! Bros diz Feradull comments no suppose vex u like diz o. Judging from your number of posts u suppose know say ferari na Kassim Afegbua and his only source of income na IBB Holdings.

I pity ferari sha, after becoming redundant, diz kind abuse wey u just rain on him fit make him take to d rope
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 15, 2011
@byrron

Your level of idiocy,foolishness and imbecility is quite understood.
instead of you to bury your head in shame and stay mute for life,you were busy stressing your lifeless fingers.

No matter how hard you try to act up, your mother will always remain the wh.ore that she is
and No matter how hard you search, you will never find your true father 'cos you are a product
of different samples of sperm specimen , your mother (the sperm bank). just wasted her 'ASHAWO' savings thinking she trained up a child , what a pitty!!!!!

Foolish Ethnic Bigot ,
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by blacksta(m): 8:51pm On Jan 15, 2011
Solomon227:

Cough! cough! Bros diz Feradull comments no suppose vex u like diz o. Judging from your number of posts u suppose know say ferari na Kassim Afegbua and his only source of income na IBB Holdings.

I pity ferari sha, after becoming redundant, diz kind abuse wey u just rain on him fit make him take to d rope

LOL

I pity ferrai no more money . See how people fall
Re: Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! by rasputinn(m): 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2011
Mr Babangida,you can't dribb;le everybody all the time,you're just trying to appease GEJ so he wouldn't punish you for your northern consensus misadventure.Conniving chicken

(1) (Reply)

Can Buhari's Cpc Or Ribadu's Acn Beat Pdp Without An Alliance? / Soludo Should Be In Jail, Says Finance Minister / Rochas’ Running Mate Arraigned For Jumping Bail In America.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.