Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:35 AM

Exclusive: 4 Top Nigerian Covid-19 Survivors Reveal Drugs Used In Curing Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive: 4 Top Nigerian Covid-19 Survivors Reveal Drugs Used In Curing Them (584 Views)

Anambra 2021: Chances Of PDP's 4 Top Aspirants / Sanwo-Olu Visits The Collapse Scene, Checked On The Survivors At Hospital - Pics / Boko Haram Survivors Raped & Starved By Soldiers - Amnesty Shares Graphic Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: 4 Top Nigerian Covid-19 Survivors Reveal Drugs Used In Curing Them by LatestTori4Town: 3:55pm On May 16, 2020

This follows the recent revelations by some high-profile Nigerian COVID-19 survivors, who spoke about the drugs administered on them during their treatment at different isolation centres.

No 1. Doyin Okupe

Doyin Okupe, a former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, has revealed drugs used to treat him while he battled COVID-19.
Okupe, in a statement on his Facebook page, confirmed that he and his wife, tested positive on April 23.
They were discharged from the Isolation ward in Ogun State after spending about two weeks.

Nigerian Covid-19 Survivors Doyin Okupe Reveal Drugs used In Curing Him
Giving update on his recovery, Okupe took to his official Twitter account to disclose drugs used to cure him of the virus.

His tweet read: “My medications for Covid-19. Hydroxychloroquine 400mg twice daily for 2days then 400mg daily for 3days.

“Azithromycin 500mg fly, Zinc sulphate 100mg dly. VitzC 1200mg daily.”
He added that “I supported with a mixture of ginger, garlic, tumeric and lemon.

“There is no global consensus among the scientists or medical experts on any one treatment regime. No credible scientific research document is presently available or acceptable 4 treatment of COVID-19.
“Key factor is the immune status of the patient. Boost your immunity with known supplements.”

No 2: Raymond Dokpesi

Media mogul, Raymond Dokpesi, has demanded explanations from medical experts on what type of disease coronavirus really is.

There have been debates across the world over the similarities of the illness to malaria.

This has led to warnings against the use of a malaria drug Chloroquine by health officials and bodies.

On Thursday, the National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) restated its warning about the medication.

Prof. Mojisola Adeyeye, NAFDAC Director-General, said: “Nobody should buy chloroquine and use. If you have COVID-19, go to a doctor. We have warned Nigerians, do not take chloroquine”.

But after he was discharged, Dokpesi, the founder of DAAR Communications, owners of African Independent Television (AIT) and RayPower FM, declared that he was confused.

Dokpesi Speaks On How Confused He Is Over Malaria Drugs USed In Curing Him
He said: “I still have doubts in my mind and I need to be educated. What’s the difference between COVID-19 and malaria? Every drug we were given were malaria medications.

“A number of persons who tested positive were checked in reputable labs, hospitals in Abuja and were found to have malaria parasites in their bloodstreams. When did malaria become synonymous with COVID-19?”

Daily Post reports that for now, the only authorized treatment for the pandemic is Remdesivir.

However, Remdesivir is limited in supply, a situation that has caused countries to seek alternative antidotes.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has said that Madagascar must scientifically test its solution for coronavirus.

Madagascar had commenced shipment of the herbal remedy called, “COVID Organics” to African nations including Nigeria.

Last week, a team of experts announced the discovery of a mixture they said proved effective.

The combination includes two antiviral drugs and one immune system booster....FULL Detail

(1) (Reply)

I Will Revamp Education In Ondo State And Provide Food And Health Security – Ade / Throw Back Threads On Nairaland / Efcc Boss Magu Appeared Before Panel Not Arrested, But To Be Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.