Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development (594 Views)

Aderemi Adeoye: My Firm Worth N20bn, Will Give Dangote A Run For His Money / Is Dangote A Hausa Or A Fulani? / LG System Is Critical To Nigeria's Economy Development- Gombe Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development by edoboy74(m): 5:17pm On May 16, 2020
We all know how his several investments in Nigeria most especially his newly established Refinery how it will be of great economical boost to Nigeria economy ;though

His endless love & support from the FG will put a lot of halt to so many things that will hinder the progress of this nation. Just like the power sector failed, deceived and extort trillions from the masses via import & sales of several types of generator, the petroleum sector is doing the same putting Nigeria Refineries to bed for good in other to aid Dangote in his continuous & endless Monopoly Game
Re: Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development by dukeprince50: 5:35pm On May 16, 2020
Dangote is more of a curse than a blessing, thanks to the useless government, he won't be having competition

1 Like

Re: Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 16, 2020
edoboy74:
We all know how his several investments in Nigeria most especially his newly established Refinery how it will be of great economical boost to Nigeria economy ;though

His endless love & support from the FG will put a lot of halt to so many things that will hinder the progress of this nation. Just like the power sector failed, deceived and extort trillions from the masses via import & sales of several types of generator, the petroleum sector is doing the same putting Nigeria Refineries to bed for good in other to aid Dangote in his continuous & endless Monopoly Game
Please how much of your money have you bet on Nigeria economy...you keep shouting monopoly, tell me one sector where he is the only dominant player..Alhaji isn't carrying kudi to heaven...so why all this bad belle...rather let us be thankful we have someone who has the means and the intellect to transform our economy...because intellect with no means is as bad as having a means with no intellect.
Re: Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development by 2by40ft: 5:48pm On May 16, 2020
ew
Re: Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development by edoboy74(m): 6:12pm On May 16, 2020
uruba23:

Please how much of your money have you bet on Nigeria economy...you keep shouting monopoly, tell me one sector where he is the only dominant player..Alhaji isn't carrying kudi to heaven...so why all this bad belle...rather let us be thankful we have someone who has the means and the intellect to transform our economy...because intellect with no means is as bad as having a means with no intellect.

I don’t understand the concept of bad belle here sir, I’m proud of Dangote as a Nigerian but I want you to know something & it is a very simple analysis

Dangote is a businessman and the primary goal of a businessman is to make profit, Nigeria has 3 functionless & that is the main reason Dangote capitalise on the system. The question is, will Dangote & the FG allow the 3 refineries come back to like?

1 Like

Re: Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development by NwaNimo1(m): 6:16pm On May 16, 2020
He's pure evil.....you can judge a man by the characters he associates with.

1 Like

Re: Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 16, 2020
edoboy74:

I don’t understand the concept of bad belle here sir, I’m proud of Dangote as a Nigerian but I want you to know something & it is a very simple analysis

Dangote is a businessman and the primary goal of a businessman is to make profit, Nigeria has 3 functionless & that is the main reason Dangote capitalise on the system. The question is, will Dangote & the FG allow the 3 refineries come back to like?
I am happy you are proud of him, but do you know what it means to have a stake,you need to understand that he is not the only one capitalizing on the system,but would you rather allow an outsider capitalize on the system.See our brother Innosson is given some companies a run for their money because he is producing buses,do you think innosson doesn't need government patronage to survive. Even most multinationals patronise their own first.The refinery question you asked is funny, shebi Oga Otedola and Alhaji wanted to buy one of it,labour rose up and were busy fighting jackiechan in the media.So Alhaji jejeli took his friend along to build a refinery in his town we are here complaining. Wetin you na want sef.
Re: Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development by slimfit1(m): 9:16pm On May 16, 2020
I tell you something if Dangote was selling cars like innoson motors, people wont be importing cars they would have blocked the borders.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development by Naijiant: 9:48pm On May 16, 2020
Nigerian govt and billionaire Aliko Dangote contributing to poverty – Oxfam

Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote is commonly seen as the acceptable face of Nigerian capitalism, with his many “investments” in the country and charity work. But Oxfam has a different view and has highlighted how Dangote contributes to entrenching poverty in his country in a briefing paper “An economy for the 99%” published today.

The report argues that the wealth of billionaires such as Dangote is rarely self-made, with at least one third of the world’s billionaires’ wealth inherited and another 43% linked to cronyism.

It also noted that once accumulated wealth develops a “momentum of its own”, it allows its owner to seek the best investment advice, dodge taxes and otherwise achieve a rate of accumulation far higher than ordinary savers can obtain.

It goes on to state in the “role of corporations in driving the inequality crisis”: “Tax revenues are critical for funding the policies and services that can fight inequality, and progressive taxes directly shrink the gap between rich and poor. Tax revenues also provide the services that the corporations benefit from, including infrastructure and healthy, educated citizens. However, tax is largely something that corporations seek to minimize. This can be achieved in two ways: through making use of accounting tricks using tax havens and loopholes in the law; or by securing preferential tax agreements and ‘holidays’ offered by various countries. It is estimated that Nigeria loses $2.9bn a year in tax revenues due to tax incentives. One tax policy, for example, states that any individual or corporate investment in publicly owned infrastructure is entitled to claim tax breaks; which last year provided a company owned by Aliko Dangote – the richest man in Africa – with a 30% tax break on a road project. This follows a long history of tax incentives offered to the cement magnate”.
https://www.naijiant.com/articles/nigerian-govt-billionaire-aliko-dangote-contributing-poverty-oxfam/
Re: Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development by Lovelive: 10:34pm On May 16, 2020
uruba23:

You said nothing.
Re: Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development by Lovelive: 10:36pm On May 16, 2020
slimfit1:
I tell you something if Dangote was selling cars like innoson motors, people wont be importing cars they would have blocked the borders.

Your brain dey there.
Re: Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 16, 2020
Lovelive:

You said nothing.
And you said something..."Well done ma"
Re: Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 16, 2020
slimfit1:
Haba fear God na,he invested in peugeot na with the kaduna government although the show room around lagos is empty i had a preview of one of the peugeot SUV somewhere.F.G hasn't shut the border but if Alhaji decide to offer a friendly installmental payment for the vehicle and more people ca n avoid it,monopoly rants would start.
Re: Dangote A Blessing & Curse To Nigeria Economy & Development by abobote: 11:04pm On May 16, 2020
He is a curse, simple and short

(1) (Reply)

Igbos And Tinubu Should Forget 2023 President - Femi Fanni-kayode (video) / Ganduje Kick Start Ruga Projects In Kano / Happy Birthday To Oyo State's First Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.