Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses (1991 Views)

ISRAELI Weapon Damaged Iranian Air Defenses Without Being Detected / Iran Unveils New Ballistic Missile That Could Destroy US Bases In The Gulf (Pix) / The 230Mph Hellfire Missile That Killed Soleimani (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by supercase1(m): 9:05pm On May 16, 2020
The 3M22 Zircon or the SS-N-33 is a maneuvering anti-ship hypersonic cruise missile developed in Russia.[i] The Zircon’s estimated range is 500 km at a low level and up to 750 km at a semi-ballistic trajectory, but the state-owned media in Russia reports the range as 1,000 km.It’s a two-stage missile that uses solid fuel in the first stage and a scramjet motor in the second stage. This missile will be incorporated into the Kirov-class battlecruiser Admiral Nakhimov this year and the Pyotr Velikiy in 2022.

Strategic Implications
The Zircon missile is strategically valuable due primarily to its speed. In April 2017, it was reported that the Zircon had reached a speed of Mach 8 during a test.If that information is accurate, the Zircon missile would be the fastest in the world, making it nearly impossible to defend against due to its speed alone. Another valuable aspect of the missile is its plasma cloud. During flight, the missile is completely covered by a plasma cloud that absorbs any rays of radio frequencies and makes the missile invisible to radars. This allows the missile to remain undetected on its way to the target.

1 Like

Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by sammyj: 9:09pm On May 16, 2020
This are innovation at its peak compared to the Chinese stolen war technologies
supercase1:
The 3M22 Zircon or the SS-N-33 is a maneuvering anti-ship hypersonic cruise missile developed in Russia.[i] The Zircon’s estimated range is 500 km at a low level and up to 750 km at a semi-ballistic trajectory, but the state-owned media in Russia reports the range as 1,000 km.It’s a two-stage missile that uses solid fuel in the first stage and a scramjet motor in the second stage. This missile will be incorporated into the Kirov-class battlecruiser Admiral Nakhimov this year and the Pyotr Velikiy in 2022.

Strategic Implications
The Zircon missile is strategically valuable due primarily to its speed. In April 2017, it was reported that the Zircon had reached a speed of Mach 8 during a test.If that information is accurate, the Zircon missile would be the fastest in the world, making it nearly impossible to defend against due to its speed alone. Another valuable aspect of the missile is its plasma cloud. During flight, the missile is completely covered by a plasma cloud that absorbs any rays of radio frequencies and makes the missile invisible to radars. This allows the missile to remain undetected on its way to the target.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by donbachi(m): 9:23pm On May 16, 2020
They all have missiles for war...but vaccine for coronavirus dem no fit produce...shame on dem.

6 Likes

Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by leksite120(m): 9:23pm On May 16, 2020
Obviously, Russia is not just an ordinary country that could be left out anyhow.
They're producing the best and new military equipments now, US keep piling enemies down for their doom

1 Like

Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by Fash20: 9:45pm On May 16, 2020
Covid has shown us the most dangerous enemy is not even humans but microbes and viruses
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by FlordFlorez(m): 10:00pm On May 16, 2020
Can it blow up covid 19 away from russia, NO! Russia is now second most hit country by corona virus disease. Their comfirmed cases is second to USA despite their massive testing (about 7million tests) and they are there inventing more mass-destructive missiles. All i know is that they can never become world power. It would remain with US till Jesus comes.
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by efembaba(m): 11:34pm On May 16, 2020
I should meet missile? God forbid

1 Like

Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by Bamz(m): 2:05am On May 17, 2020
Hahahaha

When pandemics enter the chat, all kinds of human warfare cower away. Humanity seem to be majoring in minor things.
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by Originality007: 8:33am On May 17, 2020
No source for this mother Russia weapon propaganda? grin
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by Everrest9(m): 6:32pm On May 17, 2020
If it's USA that build this kind of weapon naw, some people would be crying that they want to destroy the world.
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by orisa37: 11:25am On May 18, 2020
US HAS A MORE EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE ALTERNATIVE.

1 Like

Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by PrinxArthur1(m): 8:57pm On May 18, 2020
orisa37:
US HAS A MORE EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE ALTERNATIVE.
lier
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by persius555(m): 9:03pm On May 18, 2020
Can it cure Covid-19?
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by DenreleDave(m): 9:55pm On May 18, 2020
supercase1:

Strategic Implications

See Muslim.. Supporting Russia over USA

I can see that religion has eaten ur brain so deep
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by DenreleDave(m): 9:57pm On May 18, 2020
leksite120:
Obviously, Russia is not just an ordinary country that could be left out anyhow.
They're producing the best and new military equipments now, US keep piling enemies down for their doom

U r mistaken

All these weapon dey are just creating, USA has them since 10 years ago

And sorry, are u so dunce?

A world leader, world power will surely have enemies..

When ussr was the world power then, USA was her arch enemy and don't forget USA destroyed ussr...

So it's normal Russia pose a threat to USA..

Read, don't come here and spit thrash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by DenreleDave(m): 9:58pm On May 18, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
lier
Sorry u don't read or u probably a Muslim

USA has a weapon greater than this.... 17 times faster than this

1 Like

Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by Gustavofringe: 10:03pm On May 18, 2020
DenreleDave:

Dude you're overating the US
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by DenreleDave(m): 10:04pm On May 18, 2020
Gustavofringe:

Dude you're overating the US
Telling u fact... Cox u r over rating Russia too.
Don't give Russia too much high to reach their doom.
Russia is nowhere near usa
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by panafrican(m): 12:05am On May 19, 2020
The world needs a missile against pandemics nothing more nothing less.

1 Like

Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by orisa37: 8:11am On May 19, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
lier

Sue me for lying.
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by PrinxArthur1(m): 8:40am On May 19, 2020
DenreleDave:

show proof!
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by seunny4lif(m): 10:02am On May 19, 2020
DenreleDave:

U r mistaken

All these weapon dey are just creating, USA has them since 10 years ago

And sorry, are u so dunce?

A world leader, world power will surely have enemies..

When ussr was the world power then, USA was her arch enemy and don't forget USA destroyed ussr...

So it's normal Russia pose a threat to USA..

Read, don't come here and spit thrash
Make i laugh small grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Na you build am for USA cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by DenreleDave(m): 10:03am On May 19, 2020
seunny4lif:
Make i laugh small grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Na you build am for USA cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
U no notin.. Kid
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by seunny4lif(m): 10:09am On May 19, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin
I hear you, Grandma grin grin grin

I wouldn't be arguing with you becos you know nothing about defense industries

DenreleDave:

U no notin.. Kid

1 Like

Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 19, 2020
DenreleDave:

I hope you won't call me a Muslim cause of this question I want to ask grin

What's the name of this USA cruise missile you're talking about?
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by seunny4lif(m): 2:44pm On May 19, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Can it blow up covid 19 away from russia, NO! Russia is now second most hit country by corona virus disease. Their comfirmed cases is second to USA despite their massive testing (about 7million tests) and they are there inventing more mass-destructive missiles. All i know is that they can never become world power[b]. It would remain with US till Jesus comes[/b].

In your widest dream
Japan was once a super power
France was once a greater super power and same with Britain
Spain used to rule to world before and same with the greatest super power then was the Rome empire who ruled for over 1000Yrs
The USSR
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by Patriot9: 3:24pm On May 20, 2020
supercase1:

Strategic Implications
That's a wrong picture. The picture you posted is an hypersonic glide/missile currently being built by USA.
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by Patriot9: 3:27pm On May 20, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
lier
It's actually true. US has so many of them
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by Patriot9: 3:36pm On May 20, 2020
BabaOwen:
I hope you won't call me a Muslim cause of this question I want to ask grin

What's the name of this USA cruise missile you're talking about?
He never mentioned cruise missile. It just shows that u have little knowledge about this discussion. However I don't think there is currently no cruise missile that can reach intercontinental phase apart from ICBMs. (I stand to be corrected).
Please before you go offline, open another tab on your browser and read about US TRIDENT MISSILES.
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by marvin906(m): 4:36pm On May 20, 2020
Patriot9:

It's actually true. US has so many of them

name one..
am not underrating the US but when it comes to missle technology please they are no match for Russia
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by Patriot9: 5:20pm On May 20, 2020
marvin906:

name one..
am not underrating the US but when it comes to missle technology please they are no match for Russia
I am not disputing the fact that Russia is not advance wen it comes to missile technology. That argument is for babies who believe that the world started when YouTube was invented. However, no military weapon is high-end.
Any missile that can speed up to "MACH 5" is undefendable for any missile defense technology.
However, in response to your question, you can read up on "TRIDENT Missiles"
Re: Meet Russia Super Missile That Can Breach American Defenses by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 21, 2020
Patriot9:

He never mentioned cruise missile. It just shows that u have little knowledge about this discussion. However I don't think there is currently no cruise missile that can reach intercontinental phase apart from ICBMs. (I stand to be corrected).
Please before you go offline, open another tab on your browser and read about US TRIDENT MISSILES.
Mtvheww.
I wanted to write just Missiles,not cruise missiles. So because of the question I asked him, you don't conclude say I have little knowledge of the discussion? Can you see how foolish you're? Jumping into wetin no concern and even acting arrogant. Swine!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater / Queen Elizabeth Ii Is Dead. / China Overtakes US To Become World's Richest Nation As Global Wealth Surges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.