Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) (64017 Views)

Psychological Slavery In Africa / Black Man Is Forced To Be Classified As White In The United States / Slavery In Calabar: A Psychic Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
@JayVarley...You guys paved the way for what? For who? OMG! This is so hysterical. grin grin

One thing I like about you is your honesty. Honesty at admitting things. Very manly.

You admitted, I admitted. I guess that makes us even right? wink
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lol at sissyboy stealing my phrases grin

So flattered. kiss
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
Africans are telling Black Americans to stop blaming slavery on Africans, which is the truth is like Black Americans are telling Africans to stoo blaming White people for fucking up their country economically and politically, which is true.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by eziza: 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Trayvon Martin's case turned out that way because of the foolishness of his girlfriend and mother. Nothing else.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 6:52pm On Sep 05, 2013
bigfrancis21: @JayVarley...You guys paved the way for what? For who? OMG! This is so hysterical. grin grin

One thing I like about you is your honesty. Honesty at admitting things. Very manly.

You admitted, I admitted. I guess that makes us even right? wink

Oh come on Bigfrancis21, Look what people like Marcus Garvey, (a Jamaican) But what he had achieved in America is second to none! Even the Flags in 20 African counties are influenced by the UNIA Colours!!

Are you telling me his contribution is meaningless to you?? cry
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
eziza: Trayvon Martin's case turned out that way because of the foolishness of his girlfriend and mother. Nothing else.

Now I know you are MAD!

Or you are white grin

Take your pick! grin grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by eziza: 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jayvarley:

I first was exposed to this a child going to school when a girl of African parentage informed me that I am the son of slaves.

You mean daughter?
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Lol at sissyboy stealing my phrases grin

So flattered. kiss

When did Madam Chima create the English dictionary? shocked grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 6:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jayvarley:

Oh come on Bigfrancis21, Look what people like Marcus Garvey, (a Jamaican) But what he had achieved in America is second to none! Even the Flags in 20 African counties are influenced by the UNIA Colours!!

Are you telling me his contribution is meaningless to you?? cry

grin grin. You want to start counting contributions, believe me you don't wanna go down that terrain. wink
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by eziza: 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jayvarley:

Now I know you are MAD!

Or you are white grin

Take your pick! grin grin

Well, the mom should have cried out when an all white jury made of women was selected and the girlfriend portrayed Trayvon as a racist little thug who probably had issues with whitey. The end.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
eziza:

Well, the mom should have cried out when an all white jury made of women was selected and the girlfriend portrayed Trayvon as a racist little thug who probably had issues with whitey. The end.

The Mother of Trayvon is not responsible for his Murder!!

Neither was it her who picked the Jury!

So you are admitting there was racism in this case now?

Do Nigerians believe that Zimmerman would not be happy to shoot one of their sons too!! shocked
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:

grin grin. You want to start counting contributions, believe me you don't wanna go down that terrain. wink

Oh I'm happy to if you want to be petty! However I asked you a question?

The question: Is the contribution of Marcus Garvey meaningless to you??

Or is that too hard for you to answer? grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 7:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
eziza:

You mean daughter?

Is this meant to be an insult? grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 7:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jayvarley:

Oh I'm happy to if you want to be petty! However I asked you a question?

The question: Is the contribution of Marcus Garvey meaningless to you??

Or is that too hard for you to answer? grin

What is so special about him anyway? He's not even known. I never heard of him until now you called him.

Ever heard of 'Father of the Internet' before? That's Philip Emeagwali, an Igbo man. He didn't discover the internet but he revolutionized it. cool

He didn't give himself that title. People did. tongue

Just type 'Philip Emeagwali' on google and hit search. Boom! grin

Now which is a more important contribution, revolutionizing the internet or drawing some colours using crayons on pieces of clothes which Jayvarley sees as 'a huge contribution' to brag about with? Lmao! Is that the best african americans got? Moreover, Marcus ain't even AA! Lmfao!!! grin grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:

What is so special about him anyway? He's not even known. I never heard of him until now you called him.

Ever heard of 'Father of the Internet' before? That's Philip Emeagwali, an Igbo man. He didn't discover the internet but he revolutionized it. cool

He didn't give himself that title. People did. tongue

Just type 'Philip Emeagwali' on google and hit search. Boom! grin

Now which is a more important contribution, revolutionizing the internet or drawing some colours using crayons on pieces of clothes which Jayvarley sees as 'a huge contribution' to brag about with? Lmao! Is that the best african americans got? Moreover, Marcus ain't even AA! Lmfao!!! grin grin

Bigrancis21

If you do not know anything about Marcus Garvey I suggest you Read UP FAST!!

Even many of your own countrymen would be offended to hear you insult him LIKE THAT! lipsrsealed

You need to learn about his contributions to the BLACK RACE.

If you STAND on any HIGH STREET around the world and SHOUT the name MARCUS GARVEY OR Philip Emeagwali, YOU WILL SEE who's name is more known without a shadow of a doubt!!

One more thing, who told you I am African American??
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
here are the facts about black slave owners in america...

http://slaverebellion.org/index.php?page=the-black-slave-owners

The very first one and the first generation of them were black skinned AFRICAN BORN males. ("the apple" does not WHAT? Lol oh ok)

Second the most common were Mullatos who viewed themselves as being racially superior to their darker counterparts. These were children of slave women and their slave masters who INHERITED these slaves. (this was a SMALL population)

Third...black skinned women (and men) who in the case of those they looked out for, they would make them their legal property to ensure they were treated fairly.

I think some folks need to try again.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
About these "black slave owners"

"The majority of black slave owners were members of the mulatto class, and in some cases were the sons and daughters of white slave masters.  Many of the mulatto slave owners separated themselves from the masses of black people and attempted to establish a caste system based on color, wealth, and free status. According to Martin Delany, the colored community of Charleston City clung to the assumptions of the superiority of white blood and brown skin complexion These mulattoes of the old free Black elite did not attend church with the dark-skinned blacks of Charleston City.  They not only formed congregations which excluded freedmen of dark complexion, but they only married among other mulattoes to “keep the color in the family.”"

Now I can understand a half bred coon who inherited the power and prestige..but a PURE born man selling his own blood tho? nah bruh.

1 Like

Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
"The first laws regarding the status of Africans recognized the free blacks.  The first status was passed in 1662 provided that the status of offspring should follow that status of the mother.  What this law did was to allow white fathers to enslave their own children, and free women of color to perpetuate the free black population.  In other words, it also guaranteed freed black females the right to extend their free status to their children.  Black women who have served their indentured period would not provide foundation for the free black community.  Many of those African who were grandfathered in the new system not only became the free black community, but this is the origins of Black slave owners The act of 1668 dealing with the condition of the colored population related solely to the tax obligations of a free black woman, and two years later an act guaranteed to “negroes manumitted or otherwise free” the right to own servants of their own race and expressly denied to them the right to purchase or to own white or “Christian servants.”  This law recognized and sanctioned slavery, but also guaranteed the continuity of the free black class, who were now largely mulatto."

These (African born) folks not only knew what it was like...and sued for their freedom...but became freemen who would procreate with whites and enslave their own...

The apple does not WHAT?
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jayvarley:

Bigrancis21

If you do not know anything about Marcus Garvey I suggest you Read UP FAST!!

Even many of your own countrymen would be offended to hear you insult him LIKE THAT! lipsrsealed

You need to learn about his contributions to the BLACK RACE.

If you STAND on any HIGH STREET around the world and SHOUT the name MARCUS GARVEY OR Philip Emeagwali, YOU WILL SEE who's name is more known without a shadow of a doubt!!

Hahaha. With the way you make mouth, I suspect your ancestors to be from south west Nigeria.grin Go google the tribe from that area. grin

I just read up on him and I don't see any thing sparkling or amazing about him. He was a political leader and a member of UNIA. So what? What about that? You make me laugh real hard!

AAs have been in US since 1600 till now and they are yet to make significant scientific discoveries while you have recent African migrants coming to the US[Philip Emeagwali, Chinua Achebe(I'm sure you've heard of that one too. Another Igbo man known for his brilliance and contributions to literature. His book, 'Things Fall Apart' is commonly read in many US secondary schools), Chimamanda Adichie(another prolific Igbo lady writer who has made significant contributions in the area of literaturewink and what have you] to make significant contributions, make groundbreaking inventions and break barriers no AA have broken before. Oh I remember, they need more time to heal! Lmfao! Keep waiting to heal. Sit around in the house all day and don't get up on your legs and get busy. grin

BadJayvarley! Lmao!
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
When we ride on our enemies

(in my tupac voice grin)
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
*Kails*:
About these "black slave owners"

"The majority of black slave owners were members of the mulatto class, and in some cases were the sons and daughters of white slave masters.  Many of the mulatto slave owners separated themselves from the masses of black people and attempted to establish a caste system based on color, wealth, and free status. According to Martin Delany, the colored community of Charleston City clung to the assumptions of the superiority of white blood and brown skin complexion These mulattoes of the old free Black elite did not attend church with the dark-skinned blacks of Charleston City.  They not only formed congregations which excluded freedmen of dark complexion, but they only married among other mulattoes to “keep the color in the family.”"

Now I can understand a half bred coon who inherited the power and prestige..but a PURE born man selling his own blood tho? nah bruh.

Please tell them. They have been trying to equal the works of a few Uncle Toms to the selling of Millions!!

They Just don't want to TAKE ANY BLAME!! shocked
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
Bigfrancis post a picture of the UNIA flag...
And your beloved biafra flag for me please wink

Then type this again, "I just read up on him and I don't see any thing sparkling or amazing about him. He was a political leader and a member of UNIA. So what? What about that? You make me laugh real hard".

And finally slap yourself.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jayvarley:

Please tell them. They have been trying to equal the works of a few Uncle Toms to the selling of Millions!!

They Just don't want to TAKE ANY BLAME!! shocked

Thats like comparing dante the ganbanger shooting 5 ppl to christopher columbus who directly and indirectly, ordered the death of millions of native american indians looooool

Like I said we are ALL fcked up.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by eziza: 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jayvarley:

The Mother of Trayvon is not responsible for his Murder!!

Neither was it her who picked the Jury!

So you are admitting there was racism in this case now?

Do Nigerians believe that Zimmerman would not be happy to shoot one of their sons too!! shocked

Did I blame her for the murder? No. She didn't pick the jury but she could have voiced her opinion from day one that she didn't have faith the jury. She didn't and the father also kept quiet and they said they had faith in the jury. So what the hell did you negroes expect? That a jury of all white women who "cling to their purse" when a young black man like Trayvon is walking pass them would sympathize over his death? Then the girlfriend who is in dire need of a weight loss program came in to put a nail on his coffin by portraying him as a racist. lol, once again, you negroes are the ones responsible for your own predicament. You are only good at whining when you didn't get the results you expected. Cry me an ocean?
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 8:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
Atlanta Mayor, Kasim Reed's ancestry has been traced to a full Igbo ancestry. He doesn't even have a combination with other african tribes nor have european ancestry. His DNA testing turned up 99% Igbo. Such results are rare where you have an AA's DNA traced to only one african tribe. It means that over the years, his Igbo genes and DNA had remained pure and undiluted and had been passed down from generation to generation untainted till present. That also means his mothers, grandmothers and most females who contributed to his gene pool also had significant Igbo ancestries as well!

Later some lady with no J.O.B be runnin' her mouth saying 'we are too mixed to be traced to one tribe'. Lmao!

Lady, you know yourself. grin

http://www.africanancestry.com/blog/category/reveals/
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 8:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:

When did Madam Chima create the English dictionary? shocked grin

The same day you sucked a dick. wink
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
*Kails*:
Bigfrancis post a picture of the UNIA flag...
And your beloved biafra flag for me please wink

Then type this again, "I just read up on him and I don't see any thing sparkling or amazing about him. He was a political leader and a member of UNIA. So what? What about that? You make me laugh real hard".

And finally slap yourself.

Sir, like I said post a picture of these two flags

You lost that battle already this is a new one.
get tha getting. Asap. I dont have all day
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
*Kails*:
When we ride on our enemies

(in my tupac voice grin)

You ain't no damn good...I am windexing my old tupac CD! grin

1 Like

Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

You ain't no damn good...I am windexing my old tupac CD! grin

Lol I got the original version on repeat right now sis grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Hahaha. With the way you make mouth, I suspect your ancestors to be from south west Nigeria.grin Go google the tribe from that area. grin

I just read up on him and I don't see any thing sparkling or amazing about him. He was a political leader and a member of UNIA. So what? What about that? You make me laugh real hard!

AAs have been in US since 1600 till now and they are yet to make scientific discoveries while you have recent African migrants coming to the US[Philip Emeagwali, Chinua Achebe(I'm sure you've heard of that one too. Another Igbo man known for his brilliance and contributions to literature. His book, 'Things Fall Apart' is commonly read in many US secondary schools), Chimamanda Adichie(another prolific Igbo lady writer who has made significant contributions in the area of literaturewink and what have you] to make significant contributions, make groundbreaking inventions and break barriers no AA have broken before. Oh I remember, they need more time to heal! Lmfao! Keep waiting to heal. Sit around in the house all day and don't get up on your legs and get busy. grin

BadJayvarley! Lmao!

Who told you African Americans have not contributed anything to Science?

No you are beginning to look silly. Do you not Know that any scientific works and discoveries by AA'S were hidden and released under white persons name! That was just the rule of the day I have a book with many great Black Inventors. I will dig it out and post you the name!!

Do you not know that in the US up to the 1970's whenever a black man sung a beautiful song, a white singer would redo the song over the take away the credit from black people?

Or did you not know that?

Also you need to learn properly about Garvey instead of making snap judgements when you do not know the facts!!
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by eziza: 8:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
Oooh I seeee, Mullatos are no longer black in the US? Nice way of shifting blame. So I guess Malcolm X is not black but a mullato? Fredick Douglas nko? not black but a mullato? But I thought you were all mutts like some people desperately claim on this forum. Now I know there is a difference when it is time to take responsibility. Niggers as usual bail out!
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jayvarley:

Who told you African Americans have not contributed anything to Science?

No you are beginning to look silly. Do you not Know that any scientific works and discoveries by AA'S were hidden and released under white persons name! That was just the rule of the day I have a book with many great Black Inventors. I will dig it out and post you the name!!

Do you not know that in the US up to the 1970's whenever a black man sung a beautiful song, a white singer would redo the song over the take away the credit from black people?

Or did you not know that?

Also you need to learn properly about Garvey instead of making snap judgements when you do not know the facts!!

Lol ikr.

im still waiting on those flags tho..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Somali-Sudanese Wedding / Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli / Meet Aare Boluwatife Akin-Olugbade: Owner Of 10 Rolls-Royces (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.