Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) (2747 Views)

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa Wears Palestinian Scarf, Pledges Solidarity (PICS) / South African President Ramaphosa Stares At Sindisiwe Chikunga Backside / Schoolgirl Too Comfortable With SA President Ramaphosa In Viral Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by TMKsouth: 2:41pm On May 17, 2020
The South African president Cyril Ramaphosa was spotted seemingly jogging alone down a Johannesburg street on Sunday morning.

Some adoring fans approached him and asked to take selfies with him. He did not mind and jokingly said he'd rather be arrested with them for breaking social distancing rules, while putting his mask back on.

VIDEO
https://twitter.com/nwabisa_mak/status/1261922862967001088?s=20

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by wickyyolo: 2:44pm On May 17, 2020
I can’t remember the last time I saw a Local Government Chairman self. Talk more of a President undecided

6 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 17, 2020
No Nigerian leader can walk the streets freely without security. They destroyed the country with their excessive greed and massive embezzlement of public funds.

Turning the average citizen to a scavenger.

5 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by ojun50(m): 2:50pm On May 17, 2020
wickyyolo:
I can’t remember the last time I saw a Local Government Chairman self. Talk more of a President undecided
Lolz any tin Nigeria village people dey always follow them
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Racoon(m): 2:52pm On May 17, 2020
Only the late Murtala Mohammed attempted something close to this in Nigeria & it cost him his life.

1 Like

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Ningen(m): 2:53pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
No Nigerian leader can walk in the streets without security. They destroyed the country with their greed and embezzled all the funds.
Turning the citizens to scavengers.

No world leader can take a walk in the street without security... It's not a “Nigerian” thing.

Guy, you are naive if you believe he went out jogging alone. They are close by watching him.

They might even be among the “adoring fans”.

7 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 17, 2020
Interesting.

Muritala Mohammed tried it in Nigeria, was assasinated in his vehicle.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by johnkey: 2:58pm On May 17, 2020
Let me mistakenly jamb Buhari I swear I will kill him with my bare hands, gonna choke him to death from the back

5 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Tapout(m): 2:59pm On May 17, 2020
our own president that always stays in the dark...cos sunlight will lynch in him first b4 we humans get to him.

2 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 17, 2020
Ningen:

No world leader can take a walk in the street without security... It's not a “Nigerian” thing.

Guy, you are naive if you believe he went out jogging alone. They are close by watching him.

They might even be among the “adoring fans”.
You won't see the security attached to him with AK-47's when he goes for a walk or jog and mingles with the average South African.
Try getting close to Buhari in Nigeria and see if you will not receive a bullet from the overzealous security.

3 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 17, 2020
Racoon:
Only the late Murtala Mohammed attempted something close to this in Nigeria & it cost him his life.
We are no longer in military regime. Nigeria had coups and counter coups and that was a possibility in the 70's and 80's.

We are now in a so called democracy lootocracy where power is supposed to lie with the people and where leaders should feel free to mingle to the people they are supposed to represent.

2 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by JaceBlaze: 3:18pm On May 17, 2020
TMKsouth:
The South African president Cyril Ramaphosa was spotted seemingly jogging alone down a Johannesburg street on Sunday morning.

Some adoring fans approached him and asked to take selfies with him. He did not mind and jokingly said he'd rather be arrested with them for breaking social distancing rules, while putting his mask back on.

VIDEO
https://twitter.com/nwabisa_mak/status/1261922862967001088?s=20

If I were him I'd be more worried about somebody scoping me with a long-range sniper from some raggedy building rooftop than flattening the belly grin after pissing off the entire nation with the Gupta scandals and all that mess? Msholozi is truly undeterred.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by TMKsouth: 3:34pm On May 17, 2020
JaceBlaze:

If I were him I'd be more worried about somebody scoping me with a long-range sniper from some raggedy building rooftop than flattening the belly grin after pissing off the entire nation with the Gupta scandals and all that mess? Msholozi is truly undeterred.

Zuma had a greater chance of being assassinated than Cyril. If not by the disgruntled public then by the crooks he hung around with.

3 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by TMKsouth: 3:37pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You won't see the security attached to him with AK-47's when he goes for a walk or jog and mingles with the average South African.
Try getting close to Buhari in Nigeria and see if you will not receive a bullet from the overzealous security.

Nice pictures.

1 Like

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by JaceBlaze: 3:43pm On May 17, 2020
TMKsouth:

Zuma had a greater chance of being assassinated than Cyril. If not by the disgruntled public then by the crooks he hung around with.

I just realised they talking about Ramaphosa.I thought they said former president lol.My bad...

3 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by TMKsouth: 3:44pm On May 17, 2020
JaceBlaze:

I just realised they talking about Ramaphosa.I thought they said former president lol.My bad...

You got me worried there for a while. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 17, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Zuma could'nt walk the street and not get mobbed. Do right with the people and you will have nothing to fear and that is why Ramaphosa can continue to walk the street and engage with the average South African without fear.

2 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by JaceBlaze: 3:59pm On May 17, 2020
TMKsouth:

You got me worried there for a while. grin grin

Lol hope you are at ease now wink

1 Like

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by JaceBlaze: 4:05pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Zuma could'nt walk the street and not get mobbed. Do right with the people and you will have nothing to fear and that is why Ramaphosa can continue to walk the street and engage with the average South African without fear.

You are right but he mustn't think everyone is a fan.You can still get JFK-ed out there cause no matter how good you think your are,you are still not everybody's cup of tea.

3 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by WannaHowzit(m): 4:15pm On May 17, 2020
johnkey:
Let me mistakenly jamb Buhari I swear I will kill him with my bare hands, gonna choke him to death from the back
grin
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by WannaHowzit(m): 4:21pm On May 17, 2020
JaceBlaze:

You are right but he mustn't think everyone is a fan.You can still get JFK-ed out there cause no matter how good you think your are,you are still not everybody's cup of tea.

Yes. These things are well choreographed. No President just merrily strolls down the road without the Secret Service looking on. But Nigeria is just something else... this can never be achieved.

1 Like

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 17, 2020
JaceBlaze:

True-but you still have to maintain a level of normalcy and connection with members of the public. Ramaphosa does not see himself as a demi-god, unlike Nigeria's failed leaders.He will one day leave that office and go back to his normal life.

Dutch Prime Minister, Mark Rutte, cycles to work on some occasions. World leaders still have to keep fit and reduce their stress levels.

1 Like

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by illicit(m): 4:27pm On May 17, 2020
No social distancing
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by joudini(m): 4:37pm On May 17, 2020
It would take the height of naivety on the parts of observers and gross incompetence on the part of SA security services to remotely imagine their President is out there on the street without Secret Services staked out.

This is just optics.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 17, 2020
joudini:
It would take the height of naivety on the parts of observers and gross incompetence on the part of SA security services to remotely imagine their President is out there on the street without Secret Services staked out.

This is just optics.

Secret Service are around, but out of sight and out of mind. You won't be able to tell.
The route he will walk or jog on, has obviously been mapped before hand and is likely the safest in the vicinity. Ramaphosa will not go and jog in Soweto or Hillbrow in Johannesberg, known as some of the the most dangerous areas in South Africa.

1 Like

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by JaceBlaze: 4:52pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

True-but you still have to maintain a level of normalcy and connection with members of the public. Ramaphosa does not see himself as a demi-god, unlike Nigeria's failed leaders.He will one day leave that office and go back to his normal life.

Dutch Prime Minister, Mark Rutte, cycles to work on some occasions. World leaders still have to keep fit and reduce their stress levels.

Presidents mostly fear their oppositions - and here in South Africa where we have a multi-party system you ought to be careful.Everybody waiting for their "turn to eat" down here lol.

It's not us civilians they are worried about.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Lionessza6(f): 4:57pm On May 17, 2020
The foreign PR firm hired by Serial-liar -poser is working overtime grin grin. Is trevor Manuel one of the groupies as well? grin grin. Funny enough,it seems like his biggest fans are starting to show their true colours issuing threats up & down grin,From John the Stain,to the Gareth jumping off the cliff grin. Let him lift the lockdown, we want to test his strength & staying power grin. We have more pressing issues we want to discussed than his bad acting skills grin grin grin .
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by joudini(m): 4:58pm On May 17, 2020
Let me also state that Presidents, Prime Ministers, Governors and other top level political elites are not run up on impulse. It is always premeditated.

Vector him, catch his ass slippin and wet him up
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by TMKsouth: 5:00pm On May 17, 2020
joudini:

This is just optics.

Then Buhari should try it out - what's stopping him. He's also got plenty of security.

But you're right about the optics, although I think Ramaphosa is deliberately engineering a new way of doing things in the presidency. He's paving the way for future leaders in SA to reclaim public spaces.

1 Like

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Lionessza6(f): 5:02pm On May 17, 2020
joudini:
Let me also state that Presidents, Prime Ministers, Governors and other top level political elites are not run up on impulse. It is always premeditated.

Vector him, catch his ass slippin and wet him up

LMFAO, he wouldn't dare go out like this without security ,don't believe the propaganda,its all a PR scam for the entertainment of the borderline r'etarded among us grin grin.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by TMKsouth: 5:06pm On May 17, 2020
Lionessza6:
The foreign PR firm hired by Serial-liar -poser is working overtime grin grin. Is trevor Manuel one of the groupies as well? D .

He was Cyril's running buddy that day after the State of the Nation address in Cape Town or something like that. That's why Trevor is on the outside of the picture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslims In Russia Storm Airport, Attacking Jews And Israelis (photos) / Construction Of U.S/Mexico Border Wall Prototype In California Desert(Photos) / Damn! Israel Just Killed 3 Hamas Generals.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.