Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) (53251 Views)

Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) / Where In Lagos Can I Get EWA Agonyin,from The AGONYIN People???? / Simple Steps To Prepare Homemade Zobo Wine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
Bar1941:
Mama I made it o yea...

Looks nice. Did you eat all that alone and do you like it?

I am glad this thread helped some people. I’ll focus on that and drop my next single. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Bar1941(m): 6:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
pocohantas:

I am glad this thread helped some people. I’ll focus on that and drop my next single. cheesy

I ate a bit of it and kept the rest, I thank you for sharing the knowledge, I'd really missed the dish and I was glad to see the procedure here and even prepared it on my own. Stay blessed.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
pocohantas:

cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:19am On Jun 15, 2020
pocohantas:
Food is ready. Had mine with garri, it tastes like ijebu garri, but it sure isn’t it.

Please, aside salt I noticed you didn't add anything else you the beans until it was ready. Is that an omission or is it how it's supposed to be?
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 8:44am On Jun 15, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, aside salt I noticed you didn't add anything else you the beans until it was ready. Is that an omission or is it how it's supposed to be?

If I get you right, you want to know if any other seasoning would be added to the beans?

The answer to this is NO. smiley
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:39am On Jun 15, 2020
pocohantas:

If I get you right, you want to know if any other seasoning would be added to the beans?

The answer to this is NO. smiley

Thanks, Ma. That's I wanted to know
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by jikins(m): 9:00am On Jun 17, 2020
Babyforever:
Don't tell me you're cooking for all this broke fustrated and selfless nairaland guys....when their occupation is bash women here like their lives depends on it instead of them to go hustle like their mate's......umu ekwensu

Generalisation is a bad thing. Its best you stop it. Stop putting everyone in one bottle of prejudice because of your experience with others.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Dhavido(m): 1:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
Pocohantas, I gave it a trial and this was the outcome I got.

Observation: The beans was too dry. I also used the regular brown beams cos that's what I have presently at home.

I will try it some other time, I'm sure it'll be better than this

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
Dhavido:
Pocohantas, I gave it a trial and this was the outcome I got.

Observation: The beans was too dry. I also used the regular brown beams cos that's what I have presently at home.

I will try it some other time, I'm sure it'll be better than this

Lol, I am glad you gave it a trial. Once mashed, the beans starts getting hard as it cools. I guess you didn’t eat it as e dey hot, neither did you add water to soften it.

It isn’t about your choice of beans. I have seen people swear your beans is the perfect type to use.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Dhavido(m): 10:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol, I am glad you gave it a trial. Once mashed, the beans starts getting hard as it cools. I guess you didn’t eat it as e dey hot, neither did you add water to soften it.

It isn’t about your choice of beans. I have seen people swear your beans is the perfect type to use.

Thanks for the feedback. Really do appreciate it grin

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Obierika(m): 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2020
pocohantas:
“I don’t eat beans, but I eat ewa agoyin”, a friend once said this to me and I was like “se this one is okay like this?”

The rest you can figure out. grin

So you know how to cook... grin
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pafo(m): 6:10pm On Jul 28, 2020
May the universe bless you for this. It was perfect. grin

I feel like a real chef rn
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 9:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
pafo:
May the universe bless you for this. It was perfect. grin

I feel like a real chef rn

Lol. Bless you too Pafo. cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by bundarina: 7:06am On Mar 25
uglodoh:

It is Togolese food. The ewa agoyin means Togolese beans.
It is more popular in the South West because of the population of the Togolese.

Wrong. Ewagoyin is Yoruba food, Yorubaland and Yoruba people are in Togo and Benin Republic as well, right next to the border of Yoruba states in Nigeria. Its a Yoruba dish that has nothing to do with country, last time I checked Togolese isn't an ethnicity and there is no ethnic group called Agoyin by the way. Some people just love spreading misinformation online.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by uglodoh(f): 7:43pm On Mar 25
bundarina:

Wrong. Ewagoyin is Yoruba food, Yorubaland and Yoruba people are in Togo and Benin Republic as well, right next to the border of Yoruba states in Nigeria. Its a Yoruba dish that has nothing to do with country, last time I checked Togolese isn't an ethnicity and there is no ethnic group called Agoyin by the way. Some people just love spreading misinformation online.

The Yoruba people called Togolese and beninoise agoyin. That is why the name ewa agoyin which has a Yoruba connotation. The food has its origin among the Togolese and the Beninoise. They brought the beans to Nigeria and was more popular in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

15 Ways Of Drinking Garri / 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks / What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.