Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) (53131 Views)

Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) / Where In Lagos Can I Get EWA Agonyin,from The AGONYIN People???? / Simple Steps To Prepare Homemade Zobo Wine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 2:48pm On May 17, 2020
“I don’t eat beans, but I eat ewa agoyin”, a friend once said this to me and I was like “se this one is okay like this?”

Thinking of it now, she is right, there are different levels to this beans thing. The sellers of ewa agonyin moved together, one with the beans, the other with bread. Perfect example of joint goods...lol

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11550971_0634bf6c5f0c4f7d9a10a7ddbc6d88d3_jpeg_jpega63c7016b4fc70695035cf995744cc48

It is one meal that cuts across every social class in Lagos. Growing up I thought it is a wonder of the world, but now I know cooking it isn’t rocket science.

Don’t let anyone tell you it can’t be prepared in the comfort of your home. It is not true o, they didn’t put voodoo inside.

What you’ll need;
— 2 cups of (black eyed) beans (this can serve 3-4 normal humans).
— 1 cup of dried pepper. I think this is shombo, not so sure.
— Spoonful of blended Cameroon pepper.
— Spatula to mash your beans.
— 1 medium onion.
— Crayfish.
— Enough oil.
— 1 knorr cube.
— Salt to taste
— Palm oil.

I put ginger/garlic powder in mine, but that was totally at my discretion.

Attached;
Dried shombo pepper.
Blended cameroon pepper.
Black eyed beans
Wooden spoon I used to mash my beans.

The rest you can figure out. grin

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Niyeal(m): 2:50pm On May 17, 2020
Picture

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 2:51pm On May 17, 2020
Step 1: Pick your beans, wash it and cook. I drained the first water after some minutes of cooking. Added fresh water and a little salt. YOU CAN USE A PRESSURE COOKER. I didn’t, it was just 1.5cups.

Step 2: While your beans is cooking, boil hot water and soak your dried pepper in it. Chop your onions too.

Step3: Your pepper should have softened now, take it out of the hot water and put in your blender. Pour a little of the water you soaked it in and add crayfish. Blend it, so you don’t see those annoying seeds. It should be runny, that way it boils before frying. PLEASE DON’t USE FRESH PEPPER.

Pictures attached;
1. Soaked dried pepper
2.Chopped onions (you can blend alongside your pepper too)
3.Pepper and a little crayfish ready for blending.
4.Blended pepper and crayfish

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 2:53pm On May 17, 2020
Step 4: Set a sauce pan (NOT FRYING PAN) on fire, put palm oil in it and allow to bleach a little. REDUCE HEAT, add your onions and fry till it is caramelized (dark brown, NOT BURNT).

Step 5: Throw in a spoonful of dried Cameroon pepper. THIS GIVES IT THE CRUNCHY TASTE. It also makes it peppery. The other dried pepper no dey hot at all.
Fry this for some seconds.

Step 6: Introduce your pepper + crayfish paste, a little at a time. After putting all, keep stirring. As it fries, it will begin to release that nostalgic aroma...LOL.

Step 7: Add salt and a knorr cube, maybe half sef or none. Keep tasting and stirring, so it doesn’t get burnt. Once your senses tell you it is okay, then it most likely is.

Picture attached;
1.Palm oil in saucepan.
2.Frying sauce

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 2:58pm On May 17, 2020
Step 8: Please, hope we haven’t forgotten our beans? Keep an eye on the beans, don’t put too much water. You don’t want it too watery and over-mashed, just very soft. When it Is SOFT, use a spatula to mash it, turn down the heat and allow it done with steam.

WARNING;
BE GENEROUS WITH PALM OIL, BECAUSE, AS YOU FRY, THE OIL WILL KEEP DRYING UP. YOU CAN ADD MORE OIL WHILE FRYING THE PEPPER, BUT NEVER AFTER.

Serve with agege bread or any bread. Garri too will serve, even custard.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11550972_569986ea2c1143c1a7ecad1958da7749_jpeg_jpeg198d78bb4c550414842da7c6601c18ec

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 2:59pm On May 17, 2020
Food is ready. Had mine with garri, it tastes like ijebu garri, but it sure isn’t it.

Cc: Ishilove grin
Izzou
Akposy
Mynd44

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by izzou(m): 3:04pm On May 17, 2020
You have done well cool

Sincerely, I must confess, you're a good cook.

If you consider hawking/selling Ewa agoyin, you'll make it, my sister grin

See as beans sexy.....Chai grin

120 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 3:07pm On May 17, 2020
izzou:
You have done well cool

Sincerely, I must confess, you're a good cook.

If you consider hawking/selling Ewa agoyin, you'll make it, my sister grin

See as beans sexy.....Chai grin

Lmao. I won’t hawk. I will open a shop somewhere on Admiralty or even Ajose Adeogun. grin grin

For the elite. One plate na 1k.

165 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by izzou(m): 3:08pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao. I won’t hawk. I will open a shop somewhere on Admiralty or even Ajose Adeogun. grin grin

For the elite. One plate na 1k.

grin cheesy
Correct

I want to learn how to cook. sad

Epp me abeg

3 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 3:10pm On May 17, 2020
izzou:

grin cheesy
Correct

I want to learn how to cook. sad

Epp me abeg

Na today you start to seek help? Please go and rest. You are irredeemable.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by izzou(m): 3:12pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Na today you start to seek help? Please go and rest. You are irredeemable.

Chai

I don suffer for your hand, walahi angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by izzou(m): 3:16pm On May 17, 2020
Pocohantas, I'll like to learn how to cook indomie

Let's start from there smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 3:34pm On May 17, 2020
izzou:
Pocohantas, I'll like to learn how to cook indomie

Let's start from there smiley

Izzou leave me alone na. We both know you are not going to learn anything. Which kind wahala be this? angry angry

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Darato: 3:35pm On May 17, 2020
Op you didn’t blend the dry pepper with ginger ni?
If you have not read the book Atonement you are missing.
Contact me for resume writing, cover letter, LinkedIn optimization, read my signature and call me NOW

3 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 3:37pm On May 17, 2020
Darato:
Op you didn’t blend the dry pepper with ginger ni?

I have ginger powder. Didn’t have to blend a fresh one again.

Blueraydick, what was your process like?
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Ishilove: 3:54pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:
Food is ready. Had mine with garri, it tastes like ijebu garri, but it sure isn’t it.

This looks so yummy. It seems you enjoy cooking
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 17, 2020
sad
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Naija246: 4:06pm On May 17, 2020
undecided undecided undecided
this lady and food ehnn sad

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by PureGoldh(m): 4:06pm On May 17, 2020
Nice one...kudos to the OP.

You just dey enjoy alone
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Crixxx: 4:07pm On May 17, 2020
Mashed beans and pepper?..
No wonder their poo be looking like burukutu. .

Pls teach me how to make the unique bole stew not this....

8 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Babyforever(f): 4:07pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:
“I don’t eat beans, but I eat ewa agoyin”, a friend once said this to me and I was like “se this one is okay like this?”

The rest you can figure out. grin
Don't tell me you're cooking for all this broke fustrated and selfless nairaland guys....when their occupation is bash women here like their lives depends on it instead of them to go hustle like their mate's......umu ekwensu

11 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by bigstan11787(m): 4:07pm On May 17, 2020
Poor man food

3 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:07pm On May 17, 2020
Good one.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Factfinder1(m): 4:08pm On May 17, 2020
More like ewan agony

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Bojack(m): 4:08pm On May 17, 2020
It looks nice, maybe one day i will try some smiley
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by 3RNEST(m): 4:08pm On May 17, 2020
embarassed

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Sirsuky(m): 4:08pm On May 17, 2020
Good one made in Nigeria hope you can Bluetooth it to me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Bush Animal A Man Caught And Slaughtered This Morning For Breakfast (Pics) / 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better / The Pot Of Soup A Man Cooked With N1000 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.