Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,171 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Ibb Congratulates Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Congratulates Jonathan (701 Views)

IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari / Eligibility: PDP Congratulates Jonathan For Victory At Appeal Court / APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb Congratulates Jonathan by Buzman: 5:51pm On Jan 15, 2011
http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news-update/24748.html

FORMER presidential aspirant, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, Friday congratulated President Goodluck Jonathan for defeating ex-Vice-President Atiku Abubakar to win the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Babangida, who personally signed a statement, urged Jonathan to be magnanimous in victory.

The statement reads: "I, Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, GCFR wish to congratulate President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR for his landslide victory at yesterday’s presidential primaries of our great party, the the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), held at the Eagles Square, Abuja.

"His victory at the primaries is not only personal but to all members of our great party; to lovers of peace, unity and progress; and to all those who believe in democracy and Nigeria.

"I therefore urge him to be magnanimous in victory and carry along with him those who lost at yesterday’s event. This is the only way we can bury the intra-party differences and bitterness that preceded the primaries.

"Special congratulations to former Vice-President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, for putting up a gallant fight and braving all the odds to make an impressive showing at the primaries. History will always give him a place of pride for his tireless efforts to enthrone democracy in Nigeria.

"My admiration also goes to the woman of substance and courage, who never gives up –Mrs Sarah Jibril- who has since 1993 sought every opportunity to offer her services as the President of this country.

"Even though she has not succeeded, history will one day say this is the woman who saw tomorrow when eventually Nigeria elects a woman President.’’

"The PDP Presidential Primaries have come and gone and I wish to call on all party members to put behind the struggles and bitterness of the past. This is time for fence mending so that we can achieve greater victory for the party.

"I particularly call on the party leadership at the national, state and local government levels to woo back all those who left the party as a result of their bitter experiences over the conduct of the last primaries.

"Their complaints should be looked into and their grievances redressed so that the party will move on to victory.

"I join our many admirers, friends and well-wishers in praying for a successful, transparent, free and fair elections come April, 2011."
Re: Ibb Congratulates Jonathan by Jakumo(m): 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2011
A gallant loser.  Good man.   Buhari has a lesson to learn from the Evil Genius, about accepting defeat graciously and congratulating the winner, Jonathan Goodluck, but nooooo, that scowling Taliban phuck will go whimpering and wailing to court, where he will wind up a sore and bitter loser yet again.
Re: Ibb Congratulates Jonathan by banom(m): 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2011
@ post,

honestly IBB is a man of DRAMA , that man would have made a good Nollywood start.
Re: Ibb Congratulates Jonathan by miqos02(m): 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2011
who cares?
Re: Ibb Congratulates Jonathan by dasa: 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2011
ibb is very wise. He has by this statement taken part of the glorious victory of GEJ. He wisely left the race for Atiku knowing he will loose.

He knows he is in bad light now among PDP members and the public. This will help his acceptance.

Now atiku should do the same.

(1) (Reply)

Briefs From C.V.Akuta (Voters Guide) 2011 Voter's Guide / Gov Fashola Comes To The Rescue Of Ailing Actor Ifeanyi Dike / How Many Serving State Governors Deserve A Second Term?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.