Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,235 members, 7,849,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:50 AM

Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others (2286 Views)

Zack Orji: First Lady, VP’s Wife, Minister, Others Visit Ailing Actor / Nigeria Air: APC Chieftain Tasks EFCC To Probe Ex-aviation Minister, Others / FG Queries Mohammed Bello For Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by Lucia220: 10:15am On May 19, 2020
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Science and Technology, Dr Mohammed Bello, has admitted buying what the Federal Government described as an “uncompleted carcass” building for the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development for N7 billion.

Bello, who was responding to the query by the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan, said the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC and Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, ICPC have cleared him of any wrongdoing.

Yemi-Esan said she issued the query on the order of the President Muhammadu Buhari, who she said had been briefed about Bello’s conducts.

However, Bello who claimed that the purchase of the building was approved by the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Alhaji Sabo Nanono, claimed that he has been cleared by the anti-graft agencies.

““Kindly note that we have been invited, interrogated and cleared by the EFCC and ICPC on this particular matter after glaring facts were presented to them,” he said.

The Query

In a leaked query, obtained by The Street Journal, Bello was asked by the presidency to explain how budgetary funds in billions of naira was misappropriated while he was overseeing the affairs of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.

In a preliminary letter/query issued on 11th May, 2020 and signed by Dr. Yemi-Esan, Bello was alleged to have use his position as Permanent Secretary and Accounting Officer, to involve in some shady transactions as well as holding on to budgetary allocation meant for contractors and other activities of government, among other allegations.

The allegations were said to be acts of serious misconduct as provided in PSR 030401 and 030402, which, if proven, could lead to dismissal from service.

According to the letter, in spite of the budgetary release of the N98, 405,763,678.68 in 2018 (which represents 99.44 of 2018 appropriation) to the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Bello as Perm Sec did not take necessary action to pay the eligible contractors which led to the Ministry having an outstanding contractual liability in the sum of N48,429,543,895.72.

In the same manner, the letter stated that under Bello’s watch, the Ministry procured seven drilling rigs for borehole at an average cost of N300,000,000.00, without recourse to the Federal Executive Council or Head of Service of the Federation.

However, in April 2019, the embattled Permanent Secretary was said to have given out the seven rigs procured at N1.3 billion to some individuals under fraudulent arrangement, without the approval of the minister, and one of the rigs linked to him, was yet to be returned despite several written reminders as at the time the query was issued.

Bello was also alleged to have misapplied the intervention funds approved for the purchase of strategic grains and the establishment of the rural grazing areas settlements in violation of financial regulations.

The letter gave two of such misappropriations to include the use of N2,026,838,775.25 to pay contractors and execute programmes from the funds released for emergency procurement of strategic grains which was unrelated to the purpose of the funds.

Bello was also accused of using N3,527,300,419.06 for the payment of questionable contracts awarded under the 2018 appropriation, from the rural grazing area settlement scheme which was also said not to be related to the purpose of the funds.

She, therefore, gave the embattled permanent secretary a 72-hour ultimatum to respond to the allegations if he so desires.

Agric Minister approved purchase

Bello in his response dated 14th May, 2020, said that the approval for the building was granted by the Minister of Agriculture, Alhaji Sabo Nanono, who he accused of conspiring with the current Permanent Secretary of the ministry, Dr. Mu'azu Abdulkadir, of alleging that the purchased office building was unfit for use.

He also claimed that due process was followed to the latter in the purchase of the said building.

He noted that the processes that were followed includes expression of interest to sell the property forwarded by the company to the Hon. Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, among others.

“After submission of recommendation to the Hon. Minister of Agriculture; He approved that Council Meme be made to that effect. We then sent the Memo to the Secretary to Government of the Federation when then scheduled it for Federal Executive Council Approval. Consequently, the Federal Executive Council approved (vide Council Extract) the purchase of the building,” he noted in his response.

Bello claimed that Dr. AbdulKadir awarded and executed projects worth N3bn in his locality in complete disregard for due process.

"It is worthy of note at this point that it is the current Permanent Secretary FMARD who is actually guilty of virement as since after the approval of the above contracts has refused to sign and release letters of award of contract to the respective contractors but instead diverted and vire the funds to other projects in his locality that were never part of the appropriation, neither advertised nor bided for. This is a case of unequivocal virement.

" The project in his locality that he awarded and executed in complete disregard for due process is estimated at over N3,000,000,000,” he added.

https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/05/perm-sec-admits-buying-uncompleted-building-for-n7bn-fingers-minister-others/

THE STREET JOURNAL
For news updates, visit www.thestreetjournal.org
Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by SocialJustice: 10:23am On May 19, 2020
Nigeria matter too hard. One day it will be my turn to plunder oil money too.

4 Likes

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by ekesimo(m): 10:41am On May 19, 2020
Fear politicians. This mofos gat no souls

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by seunmsg(m): 11:17am On May 19, 2020

He noted that the processes that were followed includes expression of interest to sell the property forwarded by the company to the Hon. Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, among others.

“After submission of recommendation to the Hon. Minister of Agriculture; He approved that Council Meme be made to that effect. We then sent the Memo to the Secretary to Government of the Federation when then scheduled it for Federal Executive Council Approval. Consequently, the Federal Executive Council approved (vide Council Extract) the purchase of the building,” he noted in his response.

If the part in bold is true, he has no case to answer. The FEC that awarded the contract should be held liable for approving the purchase of “uncompleted carcass” at a sum of N7billion.
Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by swtdrms(m): 11:20am On May 19, 2020
What is required had been done. It followed all laid down protocols.
Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by Nobody: 11:30am On May 19, 2020
SocialJustice:
E go finish before then. Can we keep consuming for generations? We are already even borrowing massively and still, the money they are supposed to be investing is what they are spending carelessly. Nigerians no just wise at all kpere...
The wider and wiser world including China will soon buy fairly used Nigeria. Be there waiting to plunder your head grin
Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by allthingsgood: 11:34am On May 19, 2020
SocialJustice:

That is if God spares your life to fulfill this sin u are planning undecided
Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by allthingsgood: 11:36am On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:

If the part in bold is true, he has no case to answer. The FEC that awarded the contract should be held liable for approving the purchase of “uncompleted carcass” at a sum of N7billion.

What of the other corruption allegations

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by jlinkd78(m): 11:37am On May 19, 2020
Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development is d conduit pipe of Abba Kyari"s Presidency. How come we v forgotten how Abba Kyari ensured that d then Minister of Health was relegated to d back seat as Aso Rock Clinic get approval for requisition from d this Agriculture Ministry and afforded them d opportunity to loot over 13 billion Naira budgeted for d Ask Rock Clinic. However just like d internet, karma does not forget as it expeditiously rewarded Abba Kyari as d clinic which would have managed his health challenges was a glorified health centre lacking common paracetamol at a time as revealed by Aisha

2 Likes

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by seunmsg(m): 11:41am On May 19, 2020
allthingsgood:

What of the other corruption allegations

The PS is in a better position to explain and not me.
Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by allthingsgood: 11:44am On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:

The PS is in a better position to explain and not me.

But u are the one that said he has no case to answer. How can u absolve someone and yet ask for explanation

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by seunmsg(m): 11:49am On May 19, 2020
allthingsgood:

But u are the one that said he has no case to answer. How can u absolve someone and yet ask for explanation

You really need to stop being mischievous. I offered an opinion on just a particular allegation. I even put it in bold so that I won’t be misunderstood by people like you. If I have an opinion on the other allegations, I would have offered it in my original post.
Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by SocialJustice: 11:57am On May 19, 2020
allthingsgood:

That is if God spares your life to fulfill this sin u are planning undecided
Shut up your mouth, holy holy. Na una bad pass. I will be well and strong.

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by SocialJustice: 11:58am On May 19, 2020
Bitchlover:
E go finish before then. Can we keep consuming for generations? We are already even borrowing massively and still, the money they are supposed to be investing is what they are spending carelessly. Nigerians no just wise at all kpere...
The wider and wiser world including China will soon buy fairly used Nigeria. Be there waiting to plunder your head grin
Typical Nigerian, always hateful and envious.

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by IduNaOba: 12:00pm On May 19, 2020
I thought Bubril the Saint only appointed fellow saints into office grin
Make ụna join me to laugh small

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by RZArecta(m): 12:02pm On May 19, 2020
Roving buccaneers in our corridors of power, as long as the FEC agreed to the thievery then it’s no longer ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by allthingsgood: 1:16pm On May 19, 2020
SocialJustice:
Shut up your mouth, holy holy. Na una bad pass. I will be well and strong.

Lolzzz why e pain u na...lubbish greedy pipo. Tomorrow u complain that govt is bad buhari is this n that. Hypocrites!
Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 19, 2020
SocialJustice:
Typical Nigerian, always hateful and envious.
Typical he goat, always hungry and angry tongue
Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by SocialJustice: 1:59pm On May 19, 2020
Bitchlover:
Typical he goat, always hungry and angry tongue
I know for sure my generator house is bigger than your family house where you squat with your parents like rats.

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 19, 2020
SocialJustice:
I know for sure my generator house is bigger than your family house where you squat with your parents like rats.
I know for sure that you have balls smaller than rat babies.

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by SocialJustice: 5:17pm On May 19, 2020
Bitchlover:
I know for sure that you have balls smaller than rat babies.
grin You made no sense. Abeg shift.

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 19, 2020
SocialJustice:
grin You made no sense. Abeg shift.
0040586180 access bank. Prove to me you're rich, and not a street cleaner as I suspect undecided

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by Niaja4real(m): 5:34pm On May 19, 2020
Lucia220:
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Science and Technology, Dr Mohammed Bello, has admitted buying what the Federal Government described as an “uncompleted carcass” building for the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development for N7 billion.

Bello, who was responding to the query by the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan, said the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC and Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, ICPC have cleared him of any wrongdoing.

Yemi-Esan said she issued the query on the order of the President Muhammadu Buhari, who she said had been briefed about Bello’s conducts.

However, Bello who claimed that the purchase of the building was approved by the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Alhaji Sabo Nanono, claimed that he has been cleared by the anti-graft agencies.

““Kindly note that we have been invited, interrogated and cleared by the EFCC and ICPC on this particular matter after glaring facts were presented to them,” he said.

The Query

In a leaked query, obtained by The Street Journal, Bello was asked by the presidency to explain how budgetary funds in billions of naira was misappropriated while he was overseeing the affairs of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.

In a preliminary letter/query issued on 11th May, 2020 and signed by Dr. Yemi-Esan, Bello was alleged to have use his position as Permanent Secretary and Accounting Officer, to involve in some shady transactions as well as holding on to budgetary allocation meant for contractors and other activities of government, among other allegations.

The allegations were said to be acts of serious misconduct as provided in PSR 030401 and 030402, which, if proven, could lead to dismissal from service.

According to the letter, in spite of the budgetary release of the N98, 405,763,678.68 in 2018 (which represents 99.44 of 2018 appropriation) to the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Bello as Perm Sec did not take necessary action to pay the eligible contractors which led to the Ministry having an outstanding contractual liability in the sum of N48,429,543,895.72.

In the same manner, the letter stated that under Bello’s watch, the Ministry procured seven drilling rigs for borehole at an average cost of N300,000,000.00, without recourse to the Federal Executive Council or Head of Service of the Federation.

However, in April 2019, the embattled Permanent Secretary was said to have given out the seven rigs procured at N1.3 billion to some individuals under fraudulent arrangement, without the approval of the minister, and one of the rigs linked to him, was yet to be returned despite several written reminders as at the time the query was issued.

Bello was also alleged to have misapplied the intervention funds approved for the purchase of strategic grains and the establishment of the rural grazing areas settlements in violation of financial regulations.

The letter gave two of such misappropriations to include the use of N2,026,838,775.25 to pay contractors and execute programmes from the funds released for emergency procurement of strategic grains which was unrelated to the purpose of the funds.

Bello was also accused of using N3,527,300,419.06 for the payment of questionable contracts awarded under the 2018 appropriation, from the rural grazing area settlement scheme which was also said not to be related to the purpose of the funds.

She, therefore, gave the embattled permanent secretary a 72-hour ultimatum to respond to the allegations if he so desires.

Agric Minister approved purchase

Bello in his response dated 14th May, 2020, said that the approval for the building was granted by the Minister of Agriculture, Alhaji Sabo Nanono, who he accused of conspiring with the current Permanent Secretary of the ministry, Dr. Mu'azu Abdulkadir, of alleging that the purchased office building was unfit for use.

He also claimed that due process was followed to the latter in the purchase of the said building.

Bello claimed that Dr. AbdulKadir awarded and executed projects worth N3bn in his locality in complete disregard for due process.

"It is worthy of note at this point that it is the current Permanent Secretary FMARD who is actually guilty of virement as since after the approval of the above contracts has refused to sign and release letters of award of contract to the respective contractors but instead diverted and vire the funds to other projects in his locality that were never part of the appropriation, neither advertised nor bided for. This is a case of unequivocal virement.

" The project in his locality that he awarded and executed in complete disregard for due process is estimated at over N3,000,000,000,” he added.

https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/05/perm-sec-admits-buying-uncompleted-building-for-n7bn-fingers-minister-others/

THE STREET JOURNAL
For news updates, visit www.thestreetjournal.org

The two thieves are from their region hence the speedy clearance.

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by SocialJustice: 5:43pm On May 19, 2020
Bitchlover:
0040586180 access bank. Prove to me you're rich, and not a street cleaner as I suspect undecided
I don't give money to miscreants I meet online.

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by helinues: 5:47pm On May 19, 2020
Confession time
Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by ThePropertyGuy: 7:26pm On May 19, 2020
By giving you his money for you to eat? undecided undecided

Bitchlover:

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 19, 2020
SocialJustice:
I don't give money to miscreants I meet online.
Rat talk.
Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 19, 2020
ThePropertyGuy:
By giving you his money for you to eat? undecided undecided

I have a charity organization you scum. People who truly have it, know how to talk about money. Just reading his comments I knew already he's a church rat.
Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by Okoroawusa: 8:02pm On May 19, 2020
The Civil Service is the bedrock of corruption in Nigeria.
Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by AhoadaRivers: 8:23pm On May 19, 2020
Okoroawusa:
The Civil Service is the bedrock of corruption in Nigeria.

Why are you not talking about his tribe as an awusa man?

If he were to be an Ibo. You, seummsg and other gang of yoruba muslim will be exhibiting your anti-Ibo bigotry on steroids.

1 Like

Re: Perm Sec Admits Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn, Fingers Minister, Others by Okoroawusa: 8:27pm On May 19, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

Why are you not talking about his tribe as an awusa man?

If he were to be an Ibo. You, seummsg and other gang of yoruba muslim will be exhibiting your anti-Ibo bigotry on steroids.
Bro I am igbo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-rufai’s Utterances Fueling Southern Kaduna Crisis – Babachir Lawal / Unknown Gunmen Storm Apumiri Police Station In Abia, Set Facility Ablaze (pic) / Ipob Issues 200 Million Bounty On Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.