Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype (4117 Views)

Before Buying Any Xiaomi Phone, Watch This! How To Spot Xiaomi Device Identity / Who Is Experiencing This Issue With Xiaomi Device. / My Experience Using XIAOMI Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 5:08pm On May 19, 2020
Why are xiaomi users selling their device, if it's a good phone?
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TrollKiller(m): 5:11pm On May 19, 2020
why are Samsung users selling their phones, if its a good phone too?
mumu op

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Mrviktor(m): 5:15pm On May 19, 2020
They are overhyped tho.
But worth it.

Don't expect mind blowing futuristic tech.

Dey do dia work and are value for money.

23 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by khingTony(m): 5:24pm On May 19, 2020
cheesy

Go to the technology market iPhone, Xiaomi and Samsung products dominates there, do you know why?

Because its has a high resale value...

but do you know why Tecno and Infinix users don't usually put up their phones for sale?

Because it becomes trash after One year of use and it's resale value will fall like a log of wood tongue

39 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Criptofxt10: 5:25pm On May 19, 2020
over good...

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Randerl: 5:26pm On May 19, 2020
khingTony:
cheesy

Go to the technology market iPhone, Xiaomi and Samsung products dominates there, do you know why?

but do you know why Tecno and Infinix users don't usually put up their phones for sale?

Because it becomes trash after One year of use and it's resale value will fall like a log of wood tongue

well captured.

14 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Criptofxt10: 5:29pm On May 19, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

bro. let me ask you,....is chipset different in other phones ?.. a phone that use one of the latest snap dragon and one of the latest corny gorilla glass, 18W fast charge with type C port, phone that produce mostly 4GB/64GB ROM and above, good and durable battery...what other convictions do you need bro?... redmi are never over hiped, they worth every kobo spent on it.

18 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by innobarca(m): 6:05pm On May 19, 2020
MI max 3 is making me happy every day, though I will sell it soon bc phones don't move me that much.

I love mi max 2 and 3.

Thats bc I love to stream movies and live football games
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Nellsworld(m): 6:18pm On May 19, 2020
TheBlessedHero:
One becos of upgrade, also the same with Samsung and others, upgrading to a higher SOC with a beta performance unlike infinix and tecno that people sell to buy another of their previous phone in another case

8 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by KrazyDave16(m): 6:41pm On May 19, 2020
The phone's good but people sell theirs off either because they want to upgrade, try out another phone brand or possibly for financial reasons.

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:50pm On May 19, 2020
innobarca:
MI max 3 is making me happy every day, though I will sell it soon bc phones don't move me that much.

I love mi max 2 and 3.

Thats bc I love to stream movies and live football games
Lol. This is funny. Is there a smart phone that can't stream?

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 6:52pm On May 19, 2020
KrazyDave16:
The phone's good but people sell theirs off either because they want to upgrade, try out another phone brand or possibly for financial reasons.

Why will a user sell of their device within weeks or even a few months of getting it?
upgrade? that's not tenable, because if it's that good, there's no reason for upgrade within a short period.
financial reason? well may be.
try out another brand within a short period? that's a negative score/ point.
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 6:54pm On May 19, 2020
Mrviktor:
They are overhyped tho. But worth it.
Don't expect mind blowing futuristic tech.
Dey do dia work and are value for money.
Why do they sell within short period of time, most especially, NOTE 7/8 Users?

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by tellsblinks(m): 6:59pm On May 19, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Why will a user sell of their device within weeks or even a few months of getting it?
upgrade? that's not tenable, because if it's that good, there's no reason for upgrade within a short period.

lol see this guy, you want to debate with such clueless point??

see ehn most people that sells thier phone have used it for like 5 months and above but the phone is still clean as such they reduces the time use.

more important reason people sell is because they have gotten more money and would love to go for same make but a higher version

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 7:00pm On May 19, 2020
khingTony:
cheesy

It may have high resale value because of the hype.
The question is, why buy phone and sell within short period time, if it is good? because of resale value? that'll be business-wise like landed property, but this is device to be used... people don't go about selling their treasure if it's not business-wise.
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by tellsblinks(m): 7:01pm On May 19, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

note 7 users sell because they want to buy note 8, and note 8 users sell because they want to buy note 9s

I guess you would even see a note 7 or note 8 for second hand price now

7 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 7:05pm On May 19, 2020
tellsblinks:

lol see this guy, you want to debate with such clueless point??

see ehn most people that sells thier phone have used it for like 5 months and above but the phone is still clean as such they reduces the time use.

more important reason people sell is because they have gotten more money and would love to go for same make but a higher version

If it's that good, 5 months is too short of a period, and knowing fully well that majority of users, have turned phone generallyto gaming and photography device, while neglecting other use.
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by sajmark(m): 7:07pm On May 19, 2020
TheBlessedHero:
IPHONES and SAMSUNG remain the most sold/Available phones in the UK/FAIRLY USED phone market, even after being tagged the 2 best phone brands in the world. Xiaomi phones are good, not perfect (even Samsung and iPhone ain't perfect).

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by tellsblinks(m): 7:08pm On May 19, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

If it's that good, 5 months is too short of a period, and knowing fully well that majority of users, have turned phone generallyto gaming and photography device, while neglecting other use.

did you read my second point? if no please read again

smiles
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Rexraph18(m): 7:08pm On May 19, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

try out another brand within a short period? a negative score/ point.

This is the only reason I will sell my phones.. I want to try out every brand, try out a new os on every available brand too aside transition abi na transsion

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Joezik(m): 7:17pm On May 19, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

your point is useless ....

Reasons to sell phone are numerous but you are pointing to not good only.

better say wetin u carry for mind

8 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 7:20pm On May 19, 2020
sajmark:

IPHONES and SAMSUNG remain the most sold/Available phones in the UK/FAIRLY USED phone market, even after being tagged the 2 best phone brands in the world. Xiaomi phones are good, not perfect (even Samsung and iPhone ain't perfect).

For Iphones and Samsung, it's often times 3-5 series downward, except when the users didn't enjoy the phone like the way they'd expected.

Redmi Note 4/5/6 users trying to sell is understandable, but 7/8? i'm yet to find a tenable reason.
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 7:22pm On May 19, 2020
Joezik:

your point is useless ....

Reasons to sell phone are numerous but you are pointing to not good only.

better say wetin u carry for mind

What are tenable reasons to sell a good phone within a short period of time, aside financial reason?
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by sajmark(m): 7:22pm On May 19, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

For Iphones and Samsung, it's often times 3-5 series downward, except when the users didn't enjoy the phone like the way they'd expected.

Redmi Note 4/5/6 users trying to sell is understandable, but 7/8? i'm yet to find a tenable reason.
or maybe you are a marketer and you are just doing your job. God bless our hustle.

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by sunshineV(f): 7:27pm On May 19, 2020
People sell their phones cus dey wanna sell it. If you're not okay with this, jump fence

11 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by KingJuhd(m): 7:36pm On May 19, 2020
Xiaomi product are good because it houses a good processor which support gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJbQsSZRapg
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Mrviktor(m): 8:55pm On May 19, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Cuz no other alternative within that price point..
Except of course realme..

It's like how tecno stole the low price game from those disgusting Samsung low budget phones..

Realme and xiaomi have stolen d game from tecno nd infinix by giving better value for money..

But if u look at the top of the top phones..
Samsung. IPhones are still miles ahead.
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by innobarca(m): 8:58pm On May 19, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Lol. This is funny. Is there a smart phone that can't stream?

Full HD, bigger screen is better in streaming.

Any phone that is not full hd and above 6inch,, not for me.

Anybody can sell his or her phone, there are many reasons for selling off a phone.
I can sell my current phone today if a good offer comes, it's business.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Hakeem12(m): 9:04pm On May 19, 2020
sunshineV:
People sell their phones cus dey wanna sell it. If you're not okay with this, jump fence
Lmao, the way he kept insisting on the question like it's affecting his breathing. No one is forcing anyone to use xiaomi, transsion is there for them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Hadey94(m): 9:48pm On May 19, 2020
its choice bro, but aside some vital points above, i won't say their devices aren't good, depending on what you need and your budget... but generally this company has been reported and proved to be collecting user data anonymously and sending it to their servers in various location,this is to tell you that your privacy isn't assured but if you're the type that doesnt values privacy much and loves face values i don't see where you have issues... though your data are secured with base64 and obviously base64 is very weak.
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Ufedolove: 9:49pm On May 19, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

I bought a Redmi Note 8 for 57k and sold it for 45k 3 months later. Why did I sell it? Cos I thought Redmi Note 8 was good--yes it was. Just that I didn't know Redmi Note 8 Pro was waaaaaaaay better.

You know what I'm trying to say? Every upgrade to a Redmi device is a major upgrade and always mouth watering unlike most phone brands that keep recycling.

Another major reason people are selling off their Xiaomi phones is cos there's a high demand for it. Ever since the pandemic, they have been scarce in the market and owners probably want to exploit the opportunity.

Xiaomi phones are worth every penny.

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by pek(m): 9:57pm On May 19, 2020
Op, try and use Redmi and answer the question yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Phone Are You Using And How Much Did U Get It / Browse For Less With New Mtn Internet Rates / Who Else Got His Chrome Like This? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.