Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype (4157 Views)

Before Buying Any Xiaomi Phone, Watch This! How To Spot Xiaomi Device Identity / Who Is Experiencing This Issue With Xiaomi Device. / My Experience Using XIAOMI Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Nellsworld(m): 10:07pm On May 19, 2020
Hadey94:
its choice bro, but aside some vital points above, i won't say their devices aren't good, depending on what you need and your budget... but generally this company has been reported and proved to be collecting user data anonymously and sending it to their servers in various location,this is to tell you that your privacy isn't assured but if you're the type that doesnt values privacy much and loves face values i don't see where you have issues... though your data are secured with base64 and obviously base64 is very weak.
That's not a reason, cos Huawei, Iphone, does that and they still sell their phones, so stop coming here speaking french

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by moscojoor(m): 10:23pm On May 19, 2020
Who get redmi note 8 for sale

I no get time for op senseless question

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Hadey94(m): 10:41pm On May 19, 2020
Nellsworld:

That's not a reason, cos Huawei, Iphone, does that and they still sell their phones, so stop coming here speaking french

am not here to argue with you, and since when did iphone started encoding your data in base64, allowing for people to monitor you easily?
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by KrazyDave16(m): 12:13am On May 20, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Why will a user sell of their device within weeks or even a few months of getting it?
upgrade? that's not tenable, because if it's that good, there's no reason for upgrade within a short period.
financial reason? well may be.
try out another brand within a short period? that's a negative score/ point.

Some users change phones once a new one comes out, irrespective of if new one they getting is an upgrade or not provided the device is a solid one.

There are people out there who try out phones from other brands before they decide to settle for one. I know this cos I got a friend who used to change phones every 1-2 months before he finally settled for an iPhone 8+.

Besides there are sometimes cheaper, solid offerings every year (this year is the iqoo neo 3, iqoo z1 and others not listed under 400 dollars). This is enough to encourage people to sell their current device so they can get it. If they happy, they'd settle for it. If not, they keep flipping brands till they find "the one".
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by DriggityDre: 2:26am On May 20, 2020
moscojoor:
Who get redmi note 8 for sale
I no get time for op senseless question
Hehehe grin

For the Redmi Note 8, I came across this thread yesterday;
https://www.nairaland.com/5866167/redmi-note-8-128gb-4gb
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by sunshineV(f): 8:36am On May 20, 2020
Hakeem12:
Lmao, the way he kept insisting on the question like it's affecting his breathing. No one is forcing anyone to use xiaomi, transsion is there for them.

I pity those ones trying to prove a point
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 9:08am On May 20, 2020
sunshineV:

I pity those ones trying to prove a point

still, no tenable reason to sell a "good phone" within short period of time, it's either just a hype or doesn't meet people's imagination. in other words, xiaomi note 7/8, is just another phone.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by sunshineV(f): 9:13am On May 20, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

still, no tenable reason to sell a "good phone" within short period of time, it's either just a hype or doesn't meet people's imagination. in other words, xiaomi note 7/8, is just another phone.

Don't come and cry in my mentions, go to peeps selling iPhone x for iPhone 11 bcus " it's just another phone"
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 9:21am On May 20, 2020
sunshineV:

Don't come and cry in my mentions, go to peeps selling iPhone x for iPhone 11 bcus " it's just another phone"

Tueh! Every other brands can make the same line of argument.
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by sunshineV(f): 9:24am On May 20, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Tueh! Every other brands can make the same line of argument.

Wo! Ur wahala too much fimile bobo
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 9:30am On May 20, 2020
sunshineV:

Wo! Ur wahala too much fimile bobo
Peeele
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Pious101: 9:58am On May 20, 2020
Over hyped nonsense

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by tellsblinks(m): 10:50am On May 20, 2020
sajmark:

or maybe you are a marketer and you are just doing your job. God bless our hustle.

this is the reason For op persistence
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by myenvironalert(m): 11:02am On May 20, 2020
Some Xiaomi users are selling their phones? How's that a problem?

Go on jiji, the brands with highest number of sellers are IPhone and Samsung respectively, followed by Tecno and Infinix. How's that a pointer to the quality of phone? People sell their phones for several reasons ranging from financal constraint, upgrade to switching of brands.

Posit a better argument cos this one holds no water abeg. I use a xiaomi device and I can confidently tell you it's the best phone I've used.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Nobody: 11:28am On May 20, 2020
All I know is that Xiaomi phones are far better than Tecno, Gionee, Infinix and Itel's!!!
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 11:42am On May 20, 2020
myenvironalert:

Go on jiji, the brands with highest number of sellers are IPhone and Samsung respectively, followed by Tecno and Infinix. How's that a pointer to the quality of phone? People sell their phones for several reasons ranging from financal constraint, upgrade to switching of brands.

Lol, I asked for reasons without mentioning any brand... tecno and infinix are wack, it's common knowledge, samsung are expensive to maintain/repair, plus their shitty battery, hence, most users, sell after spending so much on repairs and don't want to go through the same process again, as for iphone, most sellers are first timers, who realized iphone is not the toy they'd wanted (as users can't enjoy the ease of getting apps and tweak, unlike the android) otherwise most users sells 3-5 series downward, but xiaomi note 7/8? even a few weeks user sells too often, why if the phone is that good and get recommendation? or is it a case of Bebe, hype but no substance?
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 11:43am On May 20, 2020
Pious101:
Over hyped nonsense
How and why?
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by BoluwajiPieters: 12:01pm On May 20, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Lol, I asked for reasons without mentioning any brand... tecno and infinix are wack, it's common knowledge, samsung are expensive to maintain/repair, plus their shitty battery, hence, most users, sell after spending so much on repairs and don't want to go through the same process again, as for iphone, most sellers are first timers, who realized iphone is not the toy they'd wanted (as users can't enjoy the ease of getting apps and tweak, unlike the android) otherwise most users sells 3-5 series downward, but xiaomi note 7/8? even a few weeks user sells too often, why if the phone is that good and get recommendation? or is it a case of Bebe, hype but no substance?

LoL. The phones are good. Why don't you just ask those selling their Redmi Note 7&8 why they want to sell it and save yourself this tepid display of ignorance?

Whether Xiaomi or Samsung or iPhone or Transsion, human wants are insatiable and people generally have a knack for owning or trying to own latest products...

Again, whenever you see a thread with someone wanting to sell his/her/it Xiaomi phone, politely ask the person directly why he/she/it is selling it. You'll get your answer from the source --- horse; horse's mouth!

MODIFIED: I just checked your profile and see you're doting on Xiaomi/Redmi. LOL. This serial-killer level stalking though.
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 12:24pm On May 20, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

LoL. The phones are good. Why don't you just ask those selling their Redmi Note 7&8 why they want to sell it and save yourself this tepid display of ignorance?

that's what i'm doing, it's people like you, that do not have the answers that are now commenting.

Whether Xiaomi or Samsung or iPhone or Transsion, human wants are insatiable and people generally have a knack for owning or trying to own latest products...

this is not economics or philosophy class

Again, whenever you see a thread with someone wanting to sell his/her/it Xiaomi phone, politely ask the person directly why he/she/it is selling it. You'll get your answer from the source --- horse; horse's mouth!
i've been doing that, no tenable reason yet

MODIFIED: I just checked your profile and see you're doting on Xiaomi/Redmi. LOL. This serial-killer level stalking though.

you don't get? i need tenable but honest reason to buy the "hype"
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by BoluwajiPieters: 1:03pm On May 20, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

that's what i'm doing, it's people like you, that do not have the answers that are now commenting.

this is not economics or philosophy class

i've been doing that, no tenable reason yet

you don't get? i need tenable but honest reason to buy the "hype"

You're missing your own point. Whether people or God himself gives you a million reasons, you'd still doubt that. If you need tenable reasons go to YouTube and watch review videos and comparison videos and not just going round-around on Nairaland.

I use a Xiaomi device (RN8) and so far, it's been good. Not perfect, but good. I'm already thinking of upgrading to another Xiaomi device not because this one is bad but because of course, there are tons of better offerings.

I don't have answers? What age is this again? You seriously need people to convince you to buy something? LOL! It's your money. It's your action. Buy the hype or look for another hype to buy. The fact remains that OEMs are churning out thousands of products monthly and it's overwhelming... You'll always want more even if you've enough with you.

If people give you reasons why Xiaomi is a good brand, you'd still call it "hype" so who has time for babysitting? Row with it, mate!

MODIFIED: Aye, this is an economics class and life is a philosophical society so wake up!
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Pious101: 1:28pm On May 20, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

How and why?
bought redmi 7 the very week it was released. Barely used it for 4 months part of the screen stop functioning not that it fell. Till date am still looking for the screen. Went to their care center I was told they would send it to Lagos after I pay 23,000 for a phone I bought 45,000
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 2:22pm On May 20, 2020
Pious101:
bought redmi 7 the very week it was released. Barely used it for 4 months part of the screen stop functioning not that it fell. Till date am still looking for the screen. Went to their care center I was told they would send it to Lagos after I pay 23,000 for a phone I bought 45,000

Hmmmm, thanks...
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by sajmark(m): 2:34pm On May 20, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Hmmmm, thanks...
hope you are satisfied, if not I pray you find peace.
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 3:10pm On May 20, 2020
sajmark:

hope you are satisfied, if not I pray you find peace.

Lol... calm down bro, and drink water. There's another 8A user on this section, who is selling his device because he's not satisfied with it, that tells you a story...

the fact is, xiaomi is just another brand, and 7a/8a/note 7/8, are just another phones.
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by sajmark(m): 4:06pm On May 20, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Lol... calm down bro, and drink water. There's another 8A user on this section, who is selling his device because he's not satisfied with it, that tells you a story...

the fact is, xiaomi is just another brand, and 7a/8a/note 7/8, are just another phones.
lolx, peace bro... stay safe.
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by jikins(m): 4:23pm On May 20, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

What are tenable reasons to sell a good phone within a short period of time, aside financial reason?

See lets be guided please. I bought redmi note 7 November, redmi note 8 came out late November. Me wanting to now sell my note 7 to get note 8 pro doesn't mean the note 7 is bad but I wanted to upgrade.

Xiaomi releases phones frequently. They released redmi note 9 last 2 months. Someone who bought redmi note 8 January might want to upgrade to 9, hence the need to sell the phone. Very soon redmi note 10 will be out and the cycle begins again.

Before you speak, do a little bit of research. It's the same reasons iPhone users sell their phones to get the latest one. Obviously there are other reasons why this could happen but this is a very likely reason for the sale.

Lastly buying a Xiaomi phone isn't a must, you can get whatever phone brand you want.
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by TheBlessedHero: 4:56pm On May 20, 2020
jikins:

See lets be guided please. I bought redmi note 7 November, redmi note 8 came out late November. Me wanting to now sell my note 7 to get note 8 pro doesn't mean the note 7 is bad but I wanted to upgrade.

Xiaomi releases phones frequently. They released redmi note 9 last 2 months. Someone who bought redmi note 8 January might want to upgrade to 9, hence the need to sell the phone. Very soon redmi note 10 will be out and the cycle begins again.

Before you speak, do a little bit of research. It's the same reasons iPhone users sell their phones to get the latest one. Obviously there are other reasons why this could happen but this is a very likely reason for the sale.

Lastly buying a Xiaomi phone isn't a must, you can get whatever phone brand you want.

It's not the same reasons most iphone users sell their phones, you don't see users coming here to hawk iphone x, like recent redmi, the ones you see often atm is iphone 6, and that's like 5th series downward.
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by jikins(m): 5:01pm On May 20, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

It's not the same reasons most iphone users sell their phones, you don't see users coming here to hawk iphone x, like recent redmi, the ones you see often atm is iphone 6, and that's like 5th series downward.

So that's all you got from what I said? SMH

See don't buy xiaomi, I have said it b4 and I will say it again. Nobody will kill you. Buy what you want let others buy what they want.

And ps I have several friends who have changed their iPhones just to get the latest one. And no they weren't using iPhone 6 or whatever.
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by BoluwajiPieters: 6:35pm On May 20, 2020
jikins:

So that's all you got from what I said? SMH

See don't buy xiaomi, I have said it b4 and I will say it again. Nobody will kill you. Buy what you want let others buy what they want.

And ps I have several friends who have changed their iPhones just to get the latest one. And no they weren't using iPhone 6 or whatever.

LOL. As in!

What he wants to hear is that the phones aren't good enough and people sell them off to get other brands. It's obvious. The word "hype" is enough to see his intent.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by Nellsworld(m): 9:49pm On May 20, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Go to All offer up thread, the most sold phones are iphones
Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by drjprince: 10:05pm On May 20, 2020
Nellsworld:

Go to All offer up thread, the most sold phones are iphones
lol leave him let him the blabbing..
Some people prefer to speak ignorantly most times

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Device: Good Or Hype by moscojoor(m): 10:27pm On May 20, 2020
Pious101:
have you repair it or let me give 15k for the over hype nonsense and repair it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Buy Oraimo 27000mah Or Romoss 3000mah / Here Are The Droids Confirmed To Get 5.0 Lollipop So Far / Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.