Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,648 members, 7,823,836 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? - Family (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? (87614 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me / My Mother-in-law Told Me Not To Touch My Wife / Blindfolded Man Identifies His Wife Just By Touching Her Hands (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by jumpampass(m): 1:15pm On May 21, 2020
bigiyaro:
OP, you made your choice, live with whatever comes with it. Also you enticed and "snatched" her from her guy cos he was not stable then, what makes you think if someone comes with a juicy enticement, she won't leave you?
Again you are just a victim of circumstances, karma is just paying back your wife for dumping someone that shared with her his little resources.
lastly let her regret her regret its not your regret, its your ego that was just bruised.
Best of the best comments ever. Bravo!!!! *Claps* grin

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by Emperor4tune(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2020
NwaforIgbo:

Na wah ohh shocked shocked
Na wife oh no be gal friend..
Nairaland advisers can ruin people life eh.
the wife that is comparing him with another man because of money & even saying she regret the marriage,is that what u call a wife
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by yinksman1: 1:26pm On May 21, 2020
DaddyOpe:
I got married to my wife 5 years ago. Before we got married, she dated a guy. We all stayed in the same area. I live here because it is close to my place of work. Her ex lives in the area. He does building contractor. While they were dating, I met my wife. I was able to convince her to date me. And since the guy was always travelling, I was able to get close to her. I think I won her finally after we had sex. Because that first day, I scattered her brain. She later left the guy. I proposed, she accepted and we got married.

I will say, at that time I got married to my wife, her ex and I were on the same level financially. But, recently, the guy has turned to something else. He does building for people overseas. People said the guy's work is good and he is always getting contracts. My wife said he had a 2.1 in Civil Engineering. He started selling cement. He is now a dangote cement distributor. He built a duplex at the junction of my street. He has 3 cars in the compound (he recently bought 1 car during this lockdown that people are saying no money oo). I and my wife do not have any car. I am still a tenant. We have to pass front of his house every day.

During this lockdown, my office has being delaying salaries. It has not being easy. I have had quarrels with my wife in the past but yesterday was the worst. During the quarrel, she said she regrets marrying me. That if she had ignored me and married her ex, she would have being living comfortably. I almost beat her up. Then she told me that this her ex paid her school fees in 300 and 400 level when she almost pulled out of school for lack of finance. She regrets paying him back by leaving him to marry me.

Since then, I have not being myself. I just created this account to express myself.

Firstly, you need to pack out of that street and rent another apartment very far from where you are now and again as a man you don’t rely on one hustle especially as a office worker that is not that reliable. There is something you didn’t noticed from the beginning when she accepted you despite the fact that she has a boyfriend and they are in good terms (then why did She accept you in the first place to the extent that you both have sex) Maybe you tease her with some money (and now there’s no money again her real attitude as come out) or she’s kind of flirt And you didn’t observe it, as it is now Calm her down and do your best do the right thing As husband and leave the rest for God take control

1 Like

Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by Godblessamaechi: 1:57pm On May 21, 2020
So sorry about your experience. Am not interested about passing blame or judgment on you or even your wife. We all err in different ways before God and man. However we shouldn't crucify ourselves for our error but instead look for a positive way of moving forward with life. I will advice you invest more on yourself and step up your love for your wife. Do all you can to avoid laying your finger on her that's the most stupid thing you can do. Fighting with your wife or beating her up will never solve your problem, it will only aggravate the problem. Apply genuine love, godly wisdom and knowledge to solve domestic issues.

Meanwhile I have got good news for everyone here. 1 Timothy 1:15
[15]This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
God our creator, created us in His own image and likeness Gen 1:26. The image of God and likeness here is not necessarily having hands, legs, mouth, nose etc. It goes far beyond that. As a matter of fact it is His very nature or attributes that He is referring to. Mathew 5:48 You, therefore, must be perfect [growing into complete maturity of godliness in mind and character, having reached the proper height of virtue and integrity], as your heavenly Father is perfect.
This is God's design and expectation from us when he created us. Leviticus 19:2. But man failed God woefully. Romans 5:19 says
[19]For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. The good news is this by one man (Adam) many (you and I) were made sinners. But God fashioned a way out of this bondage of sin by introducing His own son Jesus who obeyed Him to the cross. Look at what Jesus did for you and I, He paid the supreme price for us, so that we will not need to pay for our sin/debt again. That's the good news I am talking about. But one more thing is still required of you and I. If I issue you a billion dollar cheque with my signature inscribed on it, and you refuse to stretch out your hand to receive it, does that suggest you really want to claim the a billion dollar bill offered to you for free? I don't think so. Same applies to the free gift of salvation, you need to consciously receive Jesus as your Lord and savior He is the free gift of God for salvation.
Romans 5:18
[18]Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
God bless you as you take the right decision now to right the wrong.

For counseling WhatsApp or text 08033730233
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by generationz(f): 2:00pm On May 21, 2020
DaddyOpe:
I got married to my wife 5 years ago. Before we got married, she dated a guy. We all stayed in the same area. I live here because it is close to my place of work. Her ex lives in the area. He does building contractor. While they were dating, I met my wife. I was able to convince her to date me. And since the guy was always travelling, I was able to get close to her. I think I won her finally after we had sex. Because that first day, I scattered her brain. She later left the guy. I proposed, she accepted and we got married.

I will say, at that time I got married to my wife, her ex and I were on the same level financially. But, recently, the guy has turned to something else. He does building for people overseas. People said the guy's work is good and he is always getting contracts. My wife said he had a 2.1 in Civil Engineering. He started selling cement. He is now a dangote cement distributor. He built a duplex at the junction of my street. He has 3 cars in the compound (he recently bought 1 car during this lockdown that people are saying no money oo). I and my wife do not have any car. I am still a tenant. We have to pass front of his house every day.

During this lockdown, my office has being delaying salaries. It has not being easy. I have had quarrels with my wife in the past but yesterday was the worst. During the quarrel, she said she regrets marrying me. That if she had ignored me and married her ex, she would have being living comfortably. I almost beat her up. Then she told me that this her ex paid her school fees in 300 and 400 level when she almost pulled out of school for lack of finance. She regrets paying him back by leaving him to marry me.

Since then, I have not been myself. I just created this account to express myself.

Both of you are opportunists.

That been said, don't listen to all these men telling you to hustle hard because of a greedy woman. What happened to her hands to work and ray for success. Hustle for a better life. If your motive for hustling is to please other people you are doomed because you can't really please everyone.

As she left her ex he started to prosper. You better focus on your focus.

There is a high probability she's going to accept him if he offers to take her back so just concentrate on your future and don't let this get to you.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by thinkmoney(m): 2:44pm On May 21, 2020
larryking540:

Bro in as much I respect your point of view,but not every battle man day stand to hold on ,some times there is wisdom by just moving on .
I am sure it will be more deadly when the woman makes him a laughing stock by his neighbors when they gradually find out op wife has been codedly visiting the ex ...

The best is op should just quickly pack out of the vicinity
OK, the truth is my reaction was more about the 'betrayal of snatching someone else's girlfriend', I don't really know the advice to give the guy. He has heard alot of opinions here, it's left for him now to consider the options and make the best decision as he is the one wearing the shoe
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by larryking540: 2:47pm On May 21, 2020
thinkmoney:

OK, the truth is my reaction was more about the 'betrayal of snatching someone else's girlfriend', I don't really know the advice to give the guy. He has heard alot of opinions here, it's left for him now to consider the options and make the best decision as he is the one wearing the shoe

That's true,,
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by Yoighaman(m): 2:51pm On May 21, 2020
The best form of revenge to anyone that hurts you in life is success.

Dust yourself up, stand up again and work very hard & smart to become successful. When you eventually are, those that spited you would be full of envy and regrets.

I have nothing to say to the OP, who I'm happy for and congratulate is the Ex.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by Erastuslove: 2:58pm On May 21, 2020
Tell her it's her luck and she too should make you rich ALSO �����
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by OwoukoUrua(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2020
noted
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by sixtus3606(m): 3:53pm On May 21, 2020
DaddyOpe:

Since then, I have not being myself. I just created this account to express myself.

Just give her the middle finger and go and hustle. Period!
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by sixtus3606(m): 3:53pm On May 21, 2020
DaddyOpe:

Just give her the middle finger, then go and hustle. Period!
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by DeBill: 3:54pm On May 21, 2020
Park out from that area. Ur wife might look for a way to back to that guy.
And it is not also good that u people are passing through his house on daily basis.
Do sth.
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by naturefellow(m): 7:47pm On May 21, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WHAT TO REMEMBER THE MOST IS THAT SHE'S LUSTING AFTER HIM AND WOULD KILL THIS MAN JUST TO HAVE AN EXTRA NIGHT WITH THE DON.
I'M TEMPTED TO SAY SHE NEVER STOPPED LOVING THE EX, AND NEVER LOVED THIS MAN... BUT THEN, IF THE FINANCIAL SITUATIONS OF BOTH MEN WERE TO BE SWAPPED, WILL SHE NOT BE COUNTING HERSELF LUCKY FOR LEAVING THE EX?
THIS FURTHER PROVES YOUR THEORY CORRECT. WOMEN ONLY LOVE THE FINANCES, NOT YOU.
indepth analysis. Disturbing too
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by BluntNigerian: 11:56pm On May 21, 2020
DaddyOpe:

Na waa oo.
Women sef.!!
Later now, feminists go dey fight to defend this one too??
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by Cityguy: 1:14am On May 22, 2020
DaddyOpe:

No one would be himself after hearing such below the belt punches. You are a strong man. It is enough to make one look for sniper. However, be calm. This is the time for the ex's change. Yours is coming too. It's patience you need. She is the greatest loser in all of this. She paid evil for good someone did her and you're also reaping a bit cos you used sex to 'reformat' her brain back then stealthily. Tou knew she had someone. We all can see now that it takes more than 'iiiii..,....oooooo......asssshhhi' to keep it all together. In.all, ka sa maa dupe.
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by Cityguy: 1:17am On May 22, 2020
Emperor4tune:
if she has not given u any child my guy move on & forget about her.wetin be woman where u dey worry anyhow
Bros, e never reach this. People, especially can say anything when in that mood. Remember too he has one good thing the ex may not have- ability to yansh her scatterly.
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by Denko2721987(m): 4:23am On May 22, 2020
scoundrel:
It’s the creative writer of the week. How much will I get for exposing him?

1k card angry
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by Denko2721987(m): 4:26am On May 22, 2020
Army10:
Back to back discouragement on nairaland cheesy

Asin ehn.. A 1000 reasons not to get married na him we they see for nairaland oo back to back and front to front..
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by Arinze86(m): 6:09am On May 22, 2020
shes the reason too why u sef never hammer, once she becomes ur ex too, u don hammer be that
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by fexyrich(m): 11:39am On May 23, 2020
jasent:
It's basically about learning computer languages like PYTHON, JAVA,JAVASCRIPT, C++ and many more. We use this languages
to build phones and desktop applications.If you are interested like you said I suggest you learn Python because it has simple Syntex, and very easy to understand. If you sacrifice your time to learn in,maybe you spend 2 hours daily learning it,in 1year you should be job ready,and many companies are always looking out for people with such skills. You can also do your personal projects which can also make you some money.If you're good many companies will always need your service and the pay is usually very high.Some of my guys earn more than $100k ,some earns more than 200k yearly, some earn less depending on your location and how good you are..Good luck.
thanks bro
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by Annonymox: 5:20am On May 24, 2020
covid2019:

See you.. You want to prove to her that she made best choice blah blah nonsense.

You want to have heart attack.

Next time don't quite me if you're not matured enough. When you come of age you'll understand. Till then, steer clear

BTW, I'm not proving anything to you, I just shared my experience, you don't have to be pained. Try taking your covid pills bro
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by endsarrrs(f): 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2021
Sisijetue:
Daddy ope epele o Iyanu mashele Mafoo
HA
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by endsarrrs(f): 4:03pm On Feb 28, 2021
smiley
Thiwalade:
cry A lesson to all the ladies easily swayed by attention while your man is busy trying to find a way things will be better for both of you. You chose to eat your cake and have it. I love when ladies regret losing a good man with real prospects for the here and now. Ask her she'll say "I stayed with him when he had nothing"

I have nothing against you Op but that woman must regret it.
Thats true
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by endsarrrs(f): 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
Exactly
Davash222:
For the wife to utter such words to him directly, I don't think any hustle or packing out can help this marriage. We're adults here, let's be saying the truth.
the bitter truth!
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by obiike: 11:31am On Oct 28, 2022
Any other news abeg

1 Like

Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by Josephkabila12: 6:44pm On Feb 07, 2023
Alvyn69:
Your story is the typical Nollywood film... I hate guys who knows a girl has a boyfriend but still dive in to manipulate them to dating and eventually marrying them. From your statement it is obvious you've been envying that guy for long cos even though you knew he was dating your current wife you still went ahead to capitalize on his absence... You see God no dey sleep, as a matter fact I no get any sympathy for your kind face the music!
I swear bro, I hate am die
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by Olawale118(m): 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2023
Women say very terrible things in the heat of anger.
Best thing is not to take it to heart and keep working on yourself
Re: My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? by Icrave4u: 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
@Op how was this resolved? Pls come and finish your gist!

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) / "My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Pictures From Evina's Pre Wedding Shoot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.