Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,104 members, 7,828,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

My New Pet Fish - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My New Pet Fish (2831 Views)

Nigerian Girl Flaunts Her New Pet, A Lion Cub (pics/video) / Fish Food For Pet Fish / Any Pet Fish Lovers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Pet Fish by Tominix(m): 4:37pm On May 20, 2020
Just got him at a nearby river, what can i feed her apart from the artificial feed and earthworm pics loading Illicit, ceder3 here it is more loading i think it is a he . . . Lalasticlala . Mynd44 . Seun . Dominique More pics coming

1 Like

Re: My New Pet Fish by cedar3: 5:01pm On May 20, 2020
As the picture is loading, also check if it's a ''he'' or a ''she''. The weather is too hot for this type of confusion pls.

2 Likes

Re: My New Pet Fish by illicit(m): 5:07pm On May 20, 2020
Fish eats shit too
Re: My New Pet Fish by cedar3: 10:29pm On May 20, 2020
Problem is to know if the fish is carnivorous or herbivorous. Throw in tiny pieces of minced meat and check the reaction. Better still, it could eat pieces of food, cooked WITHOUT SALT Just don't muddle up the water with too much food/feed, you want it in clean, oxygenated water, not polluted water.
Re: My New Pet Fish by Peterodion49(m): 10:37pm On May 20, 2020
Buy arthemia feed in tin
Re: My New Pet Fish by Fadedbot(m): 12:50pm On May 21, 2020
Hi, how about you text me so I teach you a few tips on how to take care of the fish and what to give it to eat. I own an aquarium maintenance company. 08140851696
Re: My New Pet Fish by Tominix(m): 3:03pm On May 21, 2020
Fadedbot:
Hi, how about you text me so I teach you a few tips on how to take care of the fish and what to give it to eat. I own an aquarium maintenance company. 08140851696
Sure you can teach me here, i also found out on google that i should add Part of its former habitat water
Re: My New Pet Fish by Fadedbot(m): 10:21pm On May 21, 2020
Tominix:
Sure you can teach me here, i also found out on google that i should add Part of its former habitat water

I wanted to see the fish well in maybe a video or better picture to know what specie exactly that's why I dropped my details. This place is very limited
Re: My New Pet Fish by Tominix(m): 9:24am On May 22, 2020
Fadedbot:

I wanted to see the fish well in maybe a video or better picture to know what specie exactly that's why I dropped my details. This place is very limited
I will try to get better pic, molly will turn his face away and swim faster when i try to snap it can i hold it and snap it instead
Re: My New Pet Fish by Tominix(m): 9:25am On May 22, 2020
Fadedbot:
Do you do facebook www.facebook.com//oyenekan.tomiwa
Re: My New Pet Fish by Tominix(m): 9:26am On May 22, 2020
Peterodion49:
Buy arthemia feed in tin
It dnt accpt artificial feed
Re: My New Pet Fish by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:17am On May 23, 2020
First, get a bigger place for the fish to swim
Re: My New Pet Fish by Tominix(m): 9:39am On May 23, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:
First, get a bigger place for the fish to swim
thanks must the container be transparent or other color
Re: My New Pet Fish by Fadedbot(m): 12:00pm On Jun 27, 2020
Tominix:
I will try to get better pic, molly will turn his face away and swim faster when i try to snap it can i hold it and snap it instead

How's the fish doing. Still kicking??
Re: My New Pet Fish by Tominix(m): 10:39am On Jun 28, 2020
Fadedbot:

How's the fish doing. Still kicking??
Nah dude died cry i am getting another i learnt my lesson buh it was late
Re: My New Pet Fish by Fadedbot(m): 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2020
Tominix:
Nah dude died cry i am getting another i learnt my lesson buh it was late

Make sure to inform me when you about to get a new one so I give u some tips. You can also by ornamental fishes too from me if you interested.
Re: My New Pet Fish by Tominix(m): 9:50am On Jun 29, 2020
Fadedbot:

Make sure to inform me when you about to get a new one so I give u some tips. You can also by ornamental fishes too from me if you interested.
Okay i will inform you, Erm about the ornamentals i wish i can get buh. . . .
Re: My New Pet Fish by Fadedbot(m): 11:08am On Jun 29, 2020
Tominix:
Okay i will inform you, Erm about the ornamentals i wish i can get buh. . . .

Its not that bad now to own one. I can put you through. You can text me just in case.
Re: My New Pet Fish by ilovewater89(f): 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2020
are you feeding it Chin Chin? isn't that Chin Chin in the bowl
Re: My New Pet Fish by Tominix(m): 11:15pm On Jun 30, 2020
Fadedbot:

Its not that bad now to own one. I can put you through. You can text me just in case.
Am 15
Re: My New Pet Fish by Fadedbot(m): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2020
Tominix:
Am 15

It doesn't matter your age, so far they can allow you get a pet fish I can help you out. Gold fish, betta fish, gourami are for beginners.
Re: My New Pet Fish by Tominix(m): 10:30am On Jul 01, 2020
Fadedbot:

It doesn't matter your age, so far they can allow you get a pet fish I can help you out. Gold fish, betta fish, gourami are for beginners.
i don't understand
Re: My New Pet Fish by Fadedbot(m): 11:07am On Jul 01, 2020
Tominix:
i don't understand

You are 15 doesn't mean you cannot take care of a pet fish. If you follow the guidelines and tips I give you. You'll be just fine.
Re: My New Pet Fish by Tominix(m): 11:15am On Jul 03, 2020
Fadedbot:

You are 15 doesn't mean you cannot take care of a pet fish. If you follow the guidelines and tips I give you. You'll be just fine.
Wow, thanks. Can you give me the tips now sir
Re: My New Pet Fish by Thunssho: 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
Fadedbot:

How much for ur fishes and can it be delivered, contact me 08060347324
Re: My New Pet Fish by Tochex101(m): 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
Thunssho:

Better still he can open a marketing thread let’s see his stock.
Re: My New Pet Fish by Tominix(m): 1:36am On Jul 06, 2020
Fadedbot:

Yeah
Re: My New Pet Fish by Fadedbot(m): 5:38pm On Jul 08, 2020
Thunssho:

It depends on the one you want and the size. I'll text you now
Re: My New Pet Fish by Fadedbot(m): 5:41pm On Jul 08, 2020
Thunssho:

It depends on the fishes and your preferred size. I'll text you now
Re: My New Pet Fish by Fadedbot(m): 5:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
Tochex101:

Better still he can open a marketing thread let’s see his stock.

You can as well text me if you interested tho and I'll send you the pictures
Re: My New Pet Fish by Fadedbot(m): 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
Tominix:
Wow, thanks. Can you give me the tips now sir

Depending on the type of fish you want to take care of, there are different practices
But the basic guidelines are.
-Clean water(borehole is most preferred cos it doesn't contain chemicals)
- you don't necessary have to put it on a glass or transparent plastic. So far its conducive and pretty. If u want to use plastics make sure its type 2 or type 4 plastics.
-depending on the size of the tank, it will determine how often you'll change the water. But basically 20% of water weekly. But if ITS a very small tank, changing it daily will be preferred

- for those type of fish you earlier took care of. Spirogyra would v been a great and natural source of oxygen for the fish and also as a source of food.
But excess plants(algae) in a tank will cause nitrite thereby killing the fish. And some fishes don't survive with Spirogyra inside their tank. That's why I said the type of fish determines how you'll take care of it

1 Like

Re: My New Pet Fish by Fadedbot(m): 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2020
Fadedbot:

Depending on the type of fish you want to take care of, there are different practices
But the basic guidelines are.
-Clean water(borehole is most preferred cos it doesn't contain chemicals)
- you don't necessary have to put it on a glass or transparent plastic. So far its conducive and pretty. If u want to use plastics make sure its type 2 or type 4 plastics.
-depending on the size of the tank, it will determine how often you'll change the water. But basically 20% of water weekly. But if ITS a very small tank, changing it daily will be preferred

- for those type of fish you earlier took care of. Spirogyra would v been a great and natural source of oxygen for the fish and also as a source of food.
But excess plants(algae) in a tank will cause nitrite thereby killing the fish. And some fishes don't survive with Spirogyra inside their tank. That's why I said the type of fish determines how you'll take care of it

But gold fix and betta fish are not hard to take care of. They can survive almost anything and anywhere.
just
Water
Feeding
Housing are the most important. Temperature is important but not that important if you take care of the water and tank well

(1) (2) (Reply)

... / Superb 5 Months Old Black Male South African Boerboel Mastiff Puppy For Sale!!! / Dog Lover Bought These Babies From Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.