Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide (70492 Views)

Ogoo N'egbu Azu Is Best Fresh Fish Joint In Nnewi / Human-sized Catfish Caught In Niger Delta (photo) / Palm Oil And Cray Fish From Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by ProT: 11:02pm On May 20, 2020
Alezy:
lolz....true.

They knew GEJ's commencement of restructuring would bring some power to the south probably fetch some resource control and they pushed him off
It's a shame most of us fell for the barrages fired at GEJ.

It is now clear those barrages were not becos anyone cared about the people, they were for selfish interest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by PHijo(m): 11:06pm On May 20, 2020
stanluiz:
How can they have those industries you listed when they region is unsafe for investors.

Niger Delta region is very hostile and sometimes they behave like stupid and uncivilized set of people. When they have militant and avengers like tompolo, asari dokubo Sam ateke etc that blow oil pipeline, destroy oil facility and kidnapped multinational foreigners working in they region just for they selfish interest what do you expect ?

What about the piracy in the gulf of guinea caused by Niger Delta militant .

Even they political elites are very corrupt.
They have the worst corrupt elites in Nigeria.

What made people "hostile "? Have you asked yourself that question?
People like you are the reason some people believe Africans can't reason coherently. You should have asked yourself why the first major agitation against oil exploration was in the 90s despite oil exploration and exploitation being an economic contributor since the 1950s. This is because the people gave successive Nigerian governments a benefit of doubt. Is a shame many of you are just as wicked as your governments.

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by PHijo(m): 11:14pm On May 20, 2020
Igbochief001:
There are people I don't pity in this country ...middle belt and ijaws ( Niger Delta)

Both are comfortable with maltreatment honestly ...how can you be producing oil and north controls nnpc ....

Me I like the fact south east oil are untapped ..let it remain like that

How does your 'pity' help? We don't even need it. The miscalculation of your Igbo elite is the reason all of us are in this mess today. If there was commercial quantity of oil in Igbo heartland Nigeria would have mined it. You have no power to stop them under the current circumstances.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by nsiba: 11:14pm On May 20, 2020
Tokziby:

Everyone is to be blamed. From the Federal Government to state govt to community leaders and youth leaders. All they do is to collect their shares at the expense of the larger community and environment. Once they see money they all shut up and do nothing. There's no hope for that region as long as the major stakeholders keeps collecting brown envelope.

That does not save the oil company from being the guilty of them all.
They use the money to their own and selfish advantage, why can't they demand from the government to do what is right instead they benefit from the whole mess!
If they are sued in their home country you think they will escape punishment?
Oil companies are criminals
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by brigadier747: 11:31pm On May 20, 2020
Iceberg3:
These northerners are evil... what they do now is load the entire Niger Delta with mallam soldiers who will kill you if you do anyhow.

Time shall come and God will avenge for His children
They load bla bla bla what....d problem of niger delta is niger deltal leaders from political leader to community leaders...asari dokubo, ateke tom , ayiri emami, ibori ...timi aliable of almighty NDDC, are notable sofware engineers like bill gates...all roulgues, d only region with a whole ministry and a well full funded commisinon...whose budgetary allocations are greater than three ministries combined...ask akpabio...who is cashing out big time again....i proudly niger delta ....only God will save that region

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by ZaOzaRoom(m): 11:51pm On May 20, 2020
okomile:
We shall survive in zoogeria!

Your moniker means hard preeq
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Centcanada: 12:11am On May 21, 2020
The name if this government is what I do not understand. Why fire all the time? Has god if sango visited them lately due to their Atrocity's?
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by kingsline: 12:19am On May 21, 2020
Ayt27:
I always pity these oil-producing states, they receive the short end of the stick.

They have been denied all dividends of having a valuable commodity, in a country where equity, justice and common sense is almost non-existent.

Drinking water, farms, rivers have all been polluted and NOBODY will demand a clean up from the oil spills, as long as their Babaringa is stuffed,

I recently watched Davido, Peruzzi and Duncan Mighty music video "Aza" and the first seven words of this comment says it best.
nah there ND elders and leaders they deceive them youth aswear
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by flexyrule(m): 12:22am On May 21, 2020
codemaniacs:

the Yorubas will invest in their own refinery... the b:rit aren't in Nigeria... by the time the entire SW region starts sending bad press about S:hell and puts massive pressure on S:hell they will back out the only problems are the Yorubas that will have been bribed to keep quiet.

To do bad to another person you need the person's permission either through force or manipulation. so some parts of Niger Delta is bad because some "Niger Deltans" allow it to happen.
If the SW were to be the ND, I am sure they wouldn't have been able to even agitate and get the 13% the ND fought for.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by omohlexy: 12:43am On May 21, 2020
Who ever made this video has just lost his job if he works in that company. Some people and busy body sha. You won't think about your family before you act. And most of them have full time housewives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Reference(m): 12:55am On May 21, 2020
See mass hypocrisy from page 1. See them all pretending they give a hoot about the Niger Delta. Then when they have a choice they vote enmasse for the status quo and insult anyone advocating for real change.

That is when they join their people of like minds to say restructuring is not the problem but equitable allocation of resources, an utopia they cannot achieve. Then behind the scenes they wiggke for their own cut of the largesse.

Deceitful citizens.

3 Likes

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by theDEVILisHERE: 1:14am On May 21, 2020
Price u pay for Slavery and foolishness "..they want to take our Oyel.."
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Femeto: 1:25am On May 21, 2020
This is not oil. It's actually gas. It's going to take more than 3weeks to stop it from burning.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Superjazz: 1:33am On May 21, 2020
Ayt27:
I always pity these oil-producing states, they receive the short end of the stick.

They have been denied all dividends of having a valuable commodity, in a country where equity, justice and common sense is almost non-existent.

Drinking water, farms, rivers have all been polluted and NOBODY will demand a clean up from the oil spills, as long as their Babaringa is stuffed,

I recently watched Davido, Peruzzi and Duncan Mighty music video "Aza" and the first seven words of this comment says it best.
That's the price they pay for hypocrisy and ass kicking Niger Delta people are the dumbest people in the whole word

1 Like

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Nobody: 2:54am On May 21, 2020
PHijo:

How does your 'pity' help? We don't even need it. The miscalculation of your Igbo elite is the reason all of us are in this mess today. If there was commercial quantity of oil in Igbo heartland Nigeria would have mined it. You have no power to stop them under the current circumstances.
Firstly it was your betrayal that left you exploited ...don't forget that ...u took abandoned properties lost your oil

Firstly read about Nigeria crude national reserve Wells

1 Like

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by PHijo(m): 3:36am On May 21, 2020
Igbochief001:

Firstly it was your betrayal that left you exploited ...don't forget that ...u took abandoned properties lost your oil

Firstly read about Nigeria crude national reserve Wells

No, it was your greed that left us exploited. If your Igbo elite agreed to the proposal of our noble politician, chief Harold Dappa Biriye from present day Rivers state. He called for the creation of an Ijaw region that would have included Ijaws from Ondo till Akwa Ibom. Initially Awolowo agreed with the plan until Azikiwe and his convinced him not to.

The first uprising in Nigeria was Boro's 12 day revolt. Ironically, the head of state and military governor of the defunct eastern region were all Igbo. If the Igbo were devoid of oppressive tendencies, Boro wouldn't have embarked on his brave but near suicidal declaration of independence.

We cannot betray oppressors! Gowon created states, that served our interests. Ojukwu could have negotiated a deal that would have benefited the Igbo but no. All he was interested in was the oil wells in Ijawland.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Microwhy: 5:42am On May 21, 2020
soberdrunk:
Crude oil is more of a curse than Blessing to the ordinary Nigerian.... angry
Wait till barrel is $1 before you can say that..
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by iPOOPinURmouth: 5:54am On May 21, 2020
bastards, i did not see any oil in the fish. useless bastards

1 Like

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by iPOOPinURmouth: 5:55am On May 21, 2020
PositiveDirect:
This is how these oil firms keep destroying the environment.

You people should come and see this for yourselves
come and see what? i did not see any oil in the fish abi na hoil dey inside?
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Afriifa(m): 7:01am On May 21, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

Without sentiments, Niger delta is arguably the dumbest region in Nigeria. I have never seen a region full of potentials yet highly unwise, tactically impotent. Full with people who bear European names but archaic in thinking, strategy, and objectivity.

If you feel offended, I owe you no apologies but a request that you think of strategic ways to better your people. The same old play book of gra gra and much ado has not gotten the region anywhere.

If I go full frontal on ND, this thread will burst into flames. Flames of truth anyway.
My Bro I appreciate your detailed truth. keep reminding us. one day we might just wise up.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by codemaniacs: 7:09am On May 21, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by olajizz01(m): 7:16am On May 21, 2020
Usorohtheman:

Christianity is killing the morale of the people. They can't fight against the maltreatment.
Just imagine what the northerners would have done if they had oil and where not taken care of.
Don't let me deceive you,if the Nigeria oil happened to be in the north,a country called Nigeria will have been past tense for decades ago.

I knew Northerners very well because I lived there for yrs,but you guys in the delta are too comfortable,this is not the issue of religion.

Most oil rigs belong to the Northerners,almost all top echelon of NNPC/oil companies were Northerners and you were reduced to mere fishermen on your own soil, non (whether Muslims/Christians) will tolerate such in the South West,and no one will liberates you guys except yourselves.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by flexyrule(m): 7:17am On May 21, 2020
codemaniacs:

Obasanjo was the one who implemented the 13% derivative principle in 1999 and it was established in the 1995 Constitutional Conference.
Implemented.. Oh. I thought he was the one that agitated and blew pipelines in the creeks.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Golan007: 7:19am On May 21, 2020
onome2013:
Which area of miger delta did this happen?

Offshore Ondo state.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by codemaniacs: 7:19am On May 21, 2020
zz
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Golan007: 7:21am On May 21, 2020
olajizz01:
Don't let me deceive you,if the Nigeria oil happened to be in the north,a country called Nigeria will have been past tense for decades ago.

I knew Northerners very well because I lived there for yrs,but you guys in the delta are too comfortable,this is not the issue of religion.

[s]Most oil rigs belong to the Northerners,almost all top echelon of NNPC/oil companies were Northerners and you were reduced to mere fishermen on your own soil, non (whether Muslims/Christians) will tolerate such in the South West,and no one will liberates you guys except yourselves.[/s]

Name a single oil rig owned by a northerner.

In fact, I put it to you that you don't even understand what a rig is.

Nonsense.

That's how you lot keep spreading your ignorance and the cycle continues.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Golan007: 7:32am On May 21, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
Some of you people are very cruel in your comments towards the Niger Delta. Without that region, there is no GDP in this country as the demons in power have failed to diversify the economy. Do you think the oil companies just appear in the Niger Delta, the governors, councillors, kings all get a share of the monies and refuse to trickle the money down to the common man.

These same oil companies will behave ethically in Europe or America because there are stringent laws there. Nigeria is a corrupt nation and any crimes committed against the state can easily be overlooked if money exchanges hands.

I think Nigerians really don't differentiate between local independent companies and the international majors and how they operate.

I can tell you authoritatively, that well was being managed by an indigenous company.

The video commentary suggests a paucity of logistics was responsible for the accident.

The likes of Shell, ExxonMobil, Chevron etc. do not expose their staff or equipment to unnecessary risks, as such, their risk assessment includes everything from personnel to toiletries.

This issue also includes the failing of DPR and all monitoring bodies who failed in their duty to ensure that strict guidelines for rig operations were adhered to.

This is not an issue of irresponsible oil companies but irresponsible local companies.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by lexy2014: 7:44am On May 21, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

Without sentiments, Niger delta is arguably the dumbest region in Nigeria. I have never seen a region full of potentials yet highly unwise, tactically impotent. Full with people who bear European names but archaic in thinking, strategy, and objectivity.

If you feel offended, I owe you no apologies but a request that you think of strategic ways to better your people. The same old play book of gra gra and much ado has not gotten the region anywhere.

If I go full frontal on ND, this thread will burst into flames. Flames of truth anyway.

Pls "go full frontal on ND". Don't bother urself about d flames after all an oil rig is already on fire. Ur "flames" won't make it worse
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by codemaniacs: 7:58am On May 21, 2020
zz
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Nobody: 8:00am On May 21, 2020
Golan007:

I think Nigerians really don't differentiate between local independent companies and the international majors and how they operate.

I can tell you authoritatively, that well was being managed by an indigenous company.

The video commentary suggests a paucity of logistics was responsible for the accident.

The likes of Shell, ExxonMobil, Chevron etc. do not expose their staff or equipment to unnecessary risks, as such, their risk assessment includes everything from personnel to toiletries.

This issue also includes the failing of DPR and all monitoring bodies who failed in their duty to ensure that strict guidelines for rig operations were adhered to.

This is not an issue of irresponsible oil companies but irresponsible local companies.

Is it not sad that Nigerians are killing Nigerians? Then Nigerians go abroad and start screaming Racisim. I think foreigners treat Nigerians better than Nigerians. This is a cursed country.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by PHijo(m): 8:09am On May 21, 2020
codemaniacs:

You're the first person I will notice on NL that is blaming the Igbos. most Igbos don't see it that way

but your second post, I don't think Awolowo would have agreed to let Ondo and parts of Itsekiri and Urhobo to be part of a region named after another ethnic nation.

Chief Harold Dappa Biriye's request did not include any other group. It was purely Ijaw. From coast to coast.

It was many years later he co-opted other ethnic groups into his agitation for separate regions or states. That led to the push for what was called COR. It encompassed all the minorities in the defunct eastern region. Prior to that he wanted an Ijaw region carved out of both regions.

It was the inability to get support from the NCNC's Igbo dominated leadership that made him leave NCNC and form NDC( Niger Delta Congress).

The first civilian governor of the old Rivers state, chief Melford Okilo was NDC's 1st federal lawmaker .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Golan007: 8:17am On May 21, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:

Is it not sad that Nigerians are killing Nigerians? Then Nigerians go abroad and start screaming Racisim. I think foreigners treat Nigerians better than Nigerians. This is a cursed country.

This issue is akin to building collapse in Nigeria.

Always the issue of terrible design, unqualified personnel, low quality inputs and dereliction of duty by the bodies responsible for best practice.

The average Nigerian is manifestly corrupt.

Majority of those responding on this forum would do the same, sadly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The World’s Most Expensive Wedding Cake Was Made In Dubai(photos) / 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die / Man Spotted Eating 20 Tubers Of Pounded Yam Alone (shocking Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.