Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

When Will Ramadan 1441AH End? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / When Will Ramadan 1441AH End? (12892 Views)

When Will Ramadan 1444AH End? / Sultan Announces Commencement Of Ramadan 1441AH - 2020 / Sha'aban 1441AH: A Week Long Of Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Ramadan 1441AH End? by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:08pm On May 21, 2020
Today is yawm Al-Khamees [Thursday] 28 Ramadan, 1441Hijriyyah 28 - 09 - 1441AH. #CountingOfTheSultan = May 21, 2020

The basic ruling in Islam is to search for the moon when the month of Ramadan is 29. If the moon is sighted then Ramadan ends!
Otherwise Ramadan is counted to 30 days and Shawwal starts after.

So Ramadan 29 will be yawm Al-Jumu'ah [Friday] May 22 2020.

If the Sultan announces the sighting of the moon by Friday night then we stop fasting and pray 'Eid at home on Saturday.
If the moon wasn't announced to be sighted on Friday evening then Ramadan goes on on Saturday and 'Eid will be Sunday.

Evidence: Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (May Allah exalt his mention and protect him from imperfection) said: “Fast when you see the new moon (of Ramadan) and break your fast when you see the new moon (of Shawwal.) If clouds prevent you from seeing it, complete thirty days in the month of Shaban (the one that precedes Ramadan). (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

Commentary: (…) if the moon for the month of Shawwal is not sighted on the 29th of Ramadan, thirty days of Saum must be completed before celebrating ‘Eid-ul-Fitr. This means that the sighting of the moon is necessary for keeping the Saum of Ramadan. Counting by celestial system is not sufficient for this purpose. (…)

Riyaadiss-Saliheen (The Meadows of the Righteous)
By Imam An Nawawi
Chapter 217, Page 356, No 1221
https://www.salaattime.com/hadith-fast-when-you-see-the-new-moon-of-ramadan/

Note: Each country is expected to sight the moon for Shawwal! Nigerians are not to use the moon sighting in Saudi Arabia to end Ramadan!

Evidence: Kurayb repoted: I came to Syria and tended to my needs. The crescent of Ramadan appeared over me while I was in Syria and I saw it on Friday, then I came to Medina at the end of the month. Abdullah ibn Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, asked me about it and I mentioned the crescent. Ibn Abbas said, “When did you see it?” I said, “We saw it on Friday night.” Ibn Abbas said, “You saw it?” I said, “Yes, people saw it and they fasted, as did Mu’awiyah.” Ibn Abbas said, “But we saw it on Saturday night, so we will continue fasting until we complete thirty days or we see it.” I said, “Is it not enough that Mu’awiyah saw it and he fasted?” Ibn Abbas said, “No, such was the command of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1087
Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim

Al-Tirmidhi said, “The people of knowledge act upon this tradition, that the people of every land have their own moon sighting.”
Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 693

In summary

If the moon is sighted on Friday evening then Ramadan ends on Friday and Eid is Saturday May 23, 2020.

If the moon wasn't announced to have been sighted on Friday then Ramadan goes on through Saturday and 'Eid is Sunday May 24, 2020.

May Allah accept all our good deeds, pardon us our sins, heal the world of Covid19, grant succor to the distressed, forgive our dead and Grant us Jannah without stress.

May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon Muhammad bn Abdullah bn Abd Al-Mutalib, his wives, companions and all who follow his path till the day of Hisab.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Will Ramadan 1441AH End? by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:26am On May 22, 2020
Masha Allah, anytime Allah deem it fit

8 Likes

Re: When Will Ramadan 1441AH End? by 9isguy(m): 9:30am On May 22, 2020
The Sultan decides

1 Like

Re: When Will Ramadan 1441AH End? by Exc2000: 9:30am On May 22, 2020
Moon abeg show face oo

1 Like

Re: When Will Ramadan 1441AH End? by Tboysalau(m): 9:33am On May 22, 2020
Jazaakallaahu khooyro
Re: When Will Ramadan 1441AH End? by Exc2000: 9:47am On May 22, 2020
SharonLoveth:

It's totally Haram, Hausa Muslims see Yeroba Muslims as infidels, unbelievers and follow follow

SharonLoveth:

Just to remind you that you're follow follow slaves in the hand of Hausa/Fulani Muslims

is that all, I am a slave of Allah, the God of Ibrahim father of faith, and I believe in all his prophet, especially Muhammad SAW

lol

unlike you who is a lost sheep worshiping a religion giving to you by Empreror Constantine an European, same European that killed jesus through Emperor Marcus Pontius Pilatus, you throw away Old testament written under Gods instruction by his Prophets (through angel gabriels inspiration) for New testaments written by corrupt desciples like mattew the tax collector, or some fishermen and gypses who denied Jesus when he needed them most

No wonder isrealites, the real chosen one, have nothing to do with you African brainwashed Christians and your religion of hypocrism, even Nnamdi Kanu has since seen the light and went after the religion of moses and left the religion of European pagans for you sheeples

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When Will Ramadan 1441AH End? by SharonLoveth(f): 9:57am On May 22, 2020
Exc2000:

is that all, I am a slave of Allah, the God of Ibrahim father of faith, and I believe in all his prophet, especially Muhammad SAW

Anyway Ibrahim was a Muslim and slave of allah, Abraham is NOT a Muslim and never slave of allah

Exc2000:

[quote author=Exc2000 post=89827430]
unlike you who is a lost sheep

If I should start now you'll be saying I am insulting you..

Exc2000:

worshiping a religion giving to you by Empreror Constantine an European, same European that killed jesus through Emperor Marcus Pontius Pilatus, you through away Old testament written under Gods instruction by his Prophets for New testaments written by corrupt desciples like mattew the tax collector, or some fishermen and gypses who denied Jesus when he needed them most

No wonder isrealites, the real chosen one, have nothing to do with you African brainwashed Christians and your religion of hypocrism, even Nnamdi Kanu has since seen the light and went after the religion of moses and left the religion of European pagans for you sheeples

allah was a Muslim, gave a madman the religion called ISLAM I think you know?

Quran 44:14 yet they turned away from him and said: “This is a well-tutored madman.

Maybe Muhammad was an African you'll tell me grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Promise Of Yahweh To Ishmael / The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast / Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.