Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon (25294 Views)

New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir / Eid-ul-fitr: Muslims To Fast Tomorrow, Shawwal Moon Not Sighted In Saudi Arabia / "Observe Eid-El-Fitri Prayers At Home" Sultan Sa’ad Abubakar Tells Muslims Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by opportunes: 11:25pm On May 21, 2020
Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar on Thursday directed Muslims to look out for the new moon of Shawwal 1441 AH from Friday May 22. “This is to inform the Muslim Ummah that Friday, May 22, 2020, which is equivalent to 29th day of Ramadan 1441 AH, shall be the day to look out for the new moon of Shawwal 1441 AH,” he stated.

This was contained in a statement signed by Chairman, Advisory Committee on Religious Affairs, Sultanate Council, Sokoto, Prof. Sambo Junaidu. “Muslims are, therefore, requested to start looking out for the new moon and to report its sighting to the nearest district or village head for onward communication to the sultan,” the statement urged.

Meanwhile, Sultan has directed Sokoto District Heads, Village Heads and Imams of Juma’at Mosques to lead Eid-al-fitr prayers in their respective mosques while eid field should remained close.” In another statement signed by Prof. Junaidu the Sultan added:”There should be no gathering or traditional celebration during the period, as such people should remain at their respective resident to celebrate.”

He explained that the directive was to enable people maintain the social distancing as advised by professionals to curb the spread of coronavirus in the state. The Sultan urged all Muslim to continue to pray for the end of COVID-19 across the globe.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/muslims-look-out-for-new-moon-friday.html

3 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Drosonogasta(m): 11:35pm On May 21, 2020
Astrologers in a making

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by plessis: 12:53am On May 22, 2020
So it's true that the yorubas cannot sight the moon without the permission of the sultan.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by BREYZ: 1:26am On May 22, 2020
If i talk now, na ban go follow me. It's better I kuku Waka pass

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Mynd44: 5:07am On May 22, 2020
plessis:
So it's true that the yorubas cannot sight the moon without the permission of the sultan.
Is it true that the new moon might be difficult to see with the naked eyes in the south due to cloud cover?

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 5:09am On May 22, 2020
Mash'Allah...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Exc2000: 5:10am On May 22, 2020
we shall look out your royal eminence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Heffe: 5:10am On May 22, 2020
Here we go again..
I no be Malo, that oath doesn't mean sh!t to me. So much for the religion of peace

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:10am On May 22, 2020
Alhamdulillah.

6 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Exc2000: 5:11am On May 22, 2020
plessis:

anybody can sight the moon, channels to report moon sighting are open to all Nigerian muslim through the Islamic Council of Nigeria, even as a christian you can help us sight it, call into the center and notify them of your location

If deep down in your heart , if you are happy with your own religion and your path to eternity, you wouldnt be too bothered about the path of faith others follow.. your comment reeks of insecuirity, and you need to badly see others negatively just to feel positive about yourself

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by OhiOfIhima: 5:11am On May 22, 2020
Barka de Sallah to all my Muslim brothers and sisters!

May Allah accept our prayers as an act of Ibadan

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by TheFacelessMan: 5:13am On May 22, 2020
Mynd44:

Is it true that the new moon might be difficult to see with the naked eyes in the south due to cloud cover?

I think he should be banned because his intent is obvious.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Amedak(m): 5:13am On May 22, 2020
Alhamdulilah

3 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 5:14am On May 22, 2020
plessis:

1 Thessalonian 4:11

“That you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business , and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you,

that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.”

Christians and abuse of others beliefs are 5 and 6...

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Heffe: 5:15am On May 22, 2020
Mynd44:

Is it true that the new moon might be easy to see with the naked eyes in North? Or except with the use of powerful tools by professionals known as the moon searchers?

11 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Iscoalarcon: 5:17am On May 22, 2020
Allahumma taqabbal siyamana wa ruku'ana wa sujudana

23 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Veronn: 5:21am On May 22, 2020
plessis:
Sultan is d head of moon sighting committee as such, he has d power to announce after full confirmation. Your question is just like saying Can't Yoruba approve the budget without the senate.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Healthyway15: 5:22am On May 22, 2020
I
Iscoalarcon:
Allahumma taqabbal siyamana wa ruku'ana wa sujudana

Aameen

9 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Parisian: 5:23am On May 22, 2020
Since you believe the bible whily not also quote John 10: 33 which says,

"I and my father are One"
ProudlyAfarmer:

1 Thessalonian 4:11

“That you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business , and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you,

that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.”

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by ymdo(m): 5:23am On May 22, 2020
BREYZ:
If i talk now, na ban go follow me. It's better I kuku Waka pass
Very Christlike.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by siraj1402(m): 5:28am On May 22, 2020
plessis:
Not in anyway, you don't have two moderators at a time, Islam encourage a single leader. Even if a Yoruba sees it, he needs to report to the leader who is to verify and make pronouncement. Islam is not about tribe, color or language. Those who fare Allah are His true slave.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by money121(m): 5:32am On May 22, 2020
Kk
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 5:35am On May 22, 2020
Parisian:
Since you believe the bible whily now also quote John 10: 33 which says,

Because of the following reasons...

Mark 12:29

Mark 12:24

Deuteronomy 6:4-9

10 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Fabkimzzy1: 5:35am On May 22, 2020
Parisian:

Because that particular verse is an adulterated verse, concocted by your leaders to deceived you in believing what they wanted you to believe

7 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by uthlaw: 5:40am On May 22, 2020
Parisian:

john 14:28-"You heard that I said to you, 'I go away, and I will come to you.' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than.

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by ybalogs(m): 5:41am On May 22, 2020
Ma sha Allah,La Kuwata Illa Billah.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by ybalogs(m): 5:42am On May 22, 2020
plessis:
How is that your business please?

4 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Gander: 5:43am On May 22, 2020
ymdo:
Very Christlike.
Christlike my foot!
Intolerant mofos!
Why make any comment in the first place?!

1 Like

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by ybalogs(m): 5:46am On May 22, 2020
ProudlyAfarmer:

Because of the following reasons...

Mark 12:29

Mark 12:24

Deuteronomy 6:4-9
He will not check cos He wouldn't believe even if he finally does

6 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by ybalogs(m): 5:47am On May 22, 2020
Gander:

You’re senseless.
Intolerant fool!
We need not go down to their level. May Allah guide us all aright.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by ymdo(m): 5:49am On May 22, 2020
Gander:

Christlike my foot!
Intolerant mofos!
Why make any comment in the first place?!
Lol. I understand you perfectly.

I'm just massaging his ego

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Making Janaba And It's Conditions / Hon. Tambuwal At Mount Of Arafah During Hajj Exercise / Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.