Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS (30354 Views)

Ganduje Seeks Amendment To Emirate Council Act / Senate Proposes Amendment To Immunity For Vice-Presidents, Governors And Others / Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by nedekid: 3:12pm On May 22, 2020
NaijaOlosho:

Yes but not the cheap type
Wow, that's great. More power to your hustle. Averagely like how much do you charge?
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by J2381: 3:13pm On May 22, 2020
I hope this order 008 isn't to a lesser extention the same as order 66 of Star Wars. grin
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by dxpecial(m): 3:14pm On May 22, 2020
Ibiscon:
Gudos to Mr president
no be only gudos Na bados
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by tope777(m): 3:16pm On May 22, 2020
Welcome back our President.
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by apexc2271: 3:17pm On May 22, 2020
[color=#] 3152053[/color]
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by Brenn594(m): 3:18pm On May 22, 2020
Wetin consign us Document wey we neva see 4 eye!

Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by DenreleDave(m): 3:24pm On May 22, 2020
nedekid:

Wow, that's great. More power to your hustle. Averagely like how much do you charge?

Nedekid.. U r chatting with a guy dt has a dick like u

NaijaOlosho is a guy oooo..

Don't let him scam u
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 22, 2020
Jaspaman:
Did he even know what he signed .

Somebody say sai baba!! grin grin
I hope he does,why should anyone declare their foreign assets when they not working for the F.G and have dual citizenship...All Bubu is thinking about is revenue yet we haven't seen our government shows it really cares about its citizens.I am really getting tired of 9ja.You want to spend all the moneyb on infrastructure living behind the people's welfare.Even though Bubu tried small,it is not enough he has to start thinking Big.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by TheFacelessMan: 3:35pm On May 22, 2020
Iceberg3:

Na wao. grin grin grin

You keep quoting me sir, mistaken identity. I don't know you...
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by Chirowman(m): 3:41pm On May 22, 2020
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by universe26(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2020
Pls some one go and remind him that the electoral act bill is still on his table since ages!
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by contigiency(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2020
Jaspaman:

Whenever I read nonsense like this from you and your co stupid characters, I pity more for the so called youths. With every efforts to better your future with such policies, this is the kind of nonsense your brain can remember to post.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by bobby56(m): 3:55pm On May 22, 2020
naija4life247:
Those who have ears, let them hear
BUHARI is totally ignorant of what he is signing. Or he thought he and his goons will continue to be RULERS (of this Country) forever. "The evil that men do will surely catch up with them someday, sometime. The trap he(Buhari) is setting for other people will be used to CATCH him by other people.
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by OKTolu: 3:57pm On May 22, 2020
This is a welcome idea.
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by Okoroawusa: 4:00pm On May 22, 2020
PMB

The man after my own heart. Keep up the good work.
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by Focusmind: 4:08pm On May 22, 2020
I pray our leaders read what they sign.

Trump signs his documents and twits all his twitts. I wonder the function of his PA, SA and other media and personal assistants.
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by Iceberg3: 4:15pm On May 22, 2020
dayleke:

Didn't I say something?/ write something rather?

Why you grouped me with "space bookers"?

Oya e send me credit,jekin yor oruko yin kuro. grin
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by simhosting: 4:22pm On May 22, 2020
Renida:
Hmm

Meanwhile

Contact me for affordable graphic designs for your business and projects

Thank you

Ok. Call me
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by Iceberg3: 4:27pm On May 22, 2020
TheFacelessMan:

You keep quoting me sir, mistaken identity. I don't know you...

Shattap dia and go search for full moon to announce to your Sokoto caliphate sultan.. grin

HotoroMENTAL..... grin grin
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by mapet: 4:36pm On May 22, 2020
Jaspaman:

Do you know what he signed?
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 22, 2020
This one na audio own, TV own kwanu?
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 22, 2020
If its wike that is using executive order to govern, internet would have been on fire by now
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by Exc2000: 4:59pm On May 22, 2020
Gracealone:
So you want Nigerian Senate to amend the bill to include the establishment of Voluntary Offshore Assets Regularization Commission in order to receive recruitment slot benefits for their relatives..

no need for that, atleast the executive orders are already being carried out by one agency or the other before amendment.. let them do the right thing and let our distinguished senators argue for or against the motion, and if they decide to get a new agency so be it, after all their relatives getting slots are also Nigerian citizen
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 22, 2020
God bless you PMB. They will praise you for all you've done when you are gone. They are just blinded by hate and sentiments for now. And most of our youths are educated illiterates they know nothing about governance why they can never be the leaders of tomorrow.
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by guychidile: 5:08pm On May 22, 2020
I didn't understand this
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by bigtt76(f): 5:09pm On May 22, 2020
Funny how Buhari appears to be working all after the death of Abba Kyari. Could it be that the late CoS has been the one slowing down Buhari? I mean he was the one designated to review all documents getting to the president.

todaynewsreview:
President Muhammadu Buhari, has signed the Executive Order 008 on Voluntary Offshore Assets Regularization Scheme (VOARS), of October 2018.

As a result of stakeholders input and need to strengthen implementation mechanisms and structures, the Order was reviewed. Consequently, the Amendment to Executive Order 008 of 2008 was signed on 20th May, 2020, by President Buhari.

Dr. Umar Jibrilu Gwandu, Special Assistant ( Media) to the Honourable Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN) made this known in a statement issued on Thursday, 21st May, 2020.

The statement disclosed that, the Executive Order 008 as amended, mandated the Attorney General of the Federation to set up and implement a Voluntary Offshore Assets Regularization Scheme (hereinafter referred to as “VOARS”). VOARS gives all relevant persons and their intermediaries who have defaulted in declaration of their offshore assets, the opportunity to voluntarily declare and regularize their offshore assets, subject to fulfillment of the terms and conditions stipulated in the Order and other subsequent regulations.

“In order to ensure seamless exchange of information, VOARS will work closely with Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU) which has worldwide access to relevant financial information”.
FGN hopes that relevant persons amongst Nigerians, Nigerian entities and their intermediaries will seize the opportunity provided by VOARS to declare and regularize their offshore assets before it is too late. Relevant persons who voluntarily declare their offshore assets and pay the stipulated levy to FGN will receive compliance certificates which allows them to use their residual assets freely without hindrance. The recoveries accruing to FGN will be used for essential infrastructure development for benefit of Nigerians.

For defaulters who may be tempted to continue concealment of their offshore assets, Executive Order 008 as amended stipulates that “any domestic or foreign bank, asset manager or intermediary that cooperates with defaulters, enabling them to conceal offshore assets and obligations pertaining to them shall, upon discovery, be liable to pay FGN a penalty on the total of such offshore assets, in addition to other penalties provided for under Nigerian laws or laws of foreign countries from which Nigeria can benefit.”

Ogundoro Modupe
Deputy Director (Information)
21st May, 2020.

https://fmic.gov.ng/president-buhari-signs-amendment-to-2018-executive-order-008-on-voluntary-offshore-assets-regularization-scheme-voars/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by OJEEMAH(m): 5:13pm On May 22, 2020
Nice one Mr President. I pray its work cos there's always a loophole in everything the government does.
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by nedekid: 5:21pm On May 22, 2020
DenreleDave:

Nedekid.. U r chatting with a guy dt has a dick like u

NaijaOlosho is a guy oooo..

Don't let him scam u
Lol. I am not a potential or prospective customer. I just de inquisitive. grin
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by Inda2020: 6:08pm On May 22, 2020
해튜켜큐코너 ㅁㅎ녘 노뉴너뉺캬ㅓㄴㅎ누넌ㅍ녀뉴논 킄ㅍㅋ ㄴ 큐. ㅓ뉴너뉸
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by bencarson007(m): 6:10pm On May 22, 2020
Just another useless executive order signed to make sure the thieves in government declares their ill gotten wealth legally

So one politician now can refuse to declare assets and then steal for 6 years and with the rubbish in this order he can declare the loot of the past 6 years as his assets of 6 years before...

These idiots have no conscience I swear
Re: Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS by cheesmooth(m): 6:14pm On May 22, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Break Into Abuja Home, Kidnap Father And Son / Kaduna Drone Misfire: Peter Obi Visits Victims, Donates N5m (video, pictures) / FG Begins Renovation Of Dodan Barracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.