Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,080 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

Jega Condemned For Accompanying Jonathan To Voter Registration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega Condemned For Accompanying Jonathan To Voter Registration (624 Views)

Obahiagbon Lampoons Senators For Accompanying Saraki To CCT / GEJ Condemned For Appointing Aig-imoukhuede To Subsidy Verification Panel / INEC Voter Registration: Eyewitness Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jega Condemned For Accompanying Jonathan To Voter Registration by rebranded(m): 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2011
The Conference of Nigerian Political Parties has condemned the presence of the chairperson of the Independent National Electoral Commission at the voter's registration of the president in his hometown on Saturday. The party, in a statement on Sunday, expressed its outrage at the presence of the INEC boss Attahiru Jega, accompanying the president, Goodluck Jonathan, during the latter's voter registration at his hometown Otuoke, Bayelsa State on Saturday.

The CNPP called on the electoral umpire to ignore the style of followership practised by his predecessor in office, calling on him to "wake-up, abandon the ignoble cult followership, which converted former Independent National Electoral Commission's chairmen into puppets of former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and be on top of his duty post as an impartial umpire." "We had expected Professor Jega to be on top of his duty post at INEC Headquarters Abuja; receiving reports of non-arrival and late-arrival of officials and materials and the worrisome report of malfunctioning DDC Machines, which has become the metaphor the exercise," the party said. The CNPP warned that "Nigerians do not want the extension of the voters registration exercise under any guise."

Read More: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5663906-146/jega_condemned_for_accompanying_jonathan_to.csp
Re: Jega Condemned For Accompanying Jonathan To Voter Registration by rebranded(m): 6:43pm On Jan 17, 2011
Why should JEGA follow Jonathan to register!

He should be ready to accompany Ribadu, Buhari also to be fair!
Re: Jega Condemned For Accompanying Jonathan To Voter Registration by 1025: 6:58pm On Jan 17, 2011
who is surprised in the house? for me, i expect nothing less than that. uwais committee recommended that the inec chairman be appointed by a seperate body other than the presidency but jonathan will not accept this.
jega who recieved N87b from jonathan will do everything to please this man who has turned him a billionaire over night.
Re: Jega Condemned For Accompanying Jonathan To Voter Registration by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2011
I am going to stand with those condemning him for this. Definitely not a sound move in my opinion.
Re: Jega Condemned For Accompanying Jonathan To Voter Registration by johndoe200: 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2011
rebranded:

Why should JEGA follow Jonathan to register!

He should be ready to accompany Ribadu, Buhari also to be fair!

You still don't get it do you? It is only on NL and among Internet warriors that Buahri and Ribadu are on the same level with the President.
Re: Jega Condemned For Accompanying Jonathan To Voter Registration by Muza(m): 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2011
GEJA: Hope say you no go fall my hand

JEGA: That can never happen Sir,the rigging machinery is already in motion,2011 is yours sir,carry go,no shaking

GEJA: Thats my boi, I'll forever remain indebted,you have and will still be adequately rewarded

Re: Jega Condemned For Accompanying Jonathan To Voter Registration by Muza(m): 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2011
GEJA: Hope say you no go fall my hand

JEGA: That can never happen Sir,the rigging machinery is already in motion,2011 is yours sir,carry go,no shaking

GEJA: Thats my boi, I'll forever remain indebted,you have and will still be adequately rewarded

Re: Jega Condemned For Accompanying Jonathan To Voter Registration by ladi02(m): 8:17pm On Jan 17, 2011
These guys are only playing games. .election rigging is already planned

but we will overcome. .It is possible Ribadu 2011!
Re: Jega Condemned For Accompanying Jonathan To Voter Registration by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2011
See as GEJ dey smile. Its confirmed, the rigging machinery is in place. sorry BuhaRibadu, no show for you guys!

Re: Jega Condemned For Accompanying Jonathan To Voter Registration by chidexy(m): 8:39pm On Jan 17, 2011
Jega accompanied Jonathan the President not Jonathan the PDP candidate. Usually the world over, such campaigns are kicked off with the head of the Agency registering the President. Who are Ribadu and Buhari that Jega should accompany them? The best they can get would be the State INEC coordinator
Re: Jega Condemned For Accompanying Jonathan To Voter Registration by Vigilante: 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2011
@chidexy - what would have happened if Jega had sent d State Rec 2 register GEJ. Public servants should b up & doing jor

(1) (Reply)

Atiku’s Mistake ! / Who Among The Presidential Candidates Would You Cast Vote For Come April 2011? / Sapele Boils As Gunmen Kill Politician, Kidnap 2, Raze Houses, Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.