Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:57 PM

My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue (6230 Views)

Doctor Batters Wife Over Refusal To Circumcise Daughter / Man Beats His Wife Over A Dress, Months After Making Her Lose Her Pregnancy / Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 11:48pm On May 24, 2020
bukatyne:
Funny thread.

The solution to men's misbehaviors is not behaving like them: it would mean all the complaints stems from lack of opportunity and not a moral ground.

It also means that women are no different from the men they are complaining against; they do not just have the opportunity.

Instead, retain your good attitude and insist that whoever you tangle with behaves appropriately.

So much wisdom from a lady
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Ishilove: 12:00am On May 25, 2020
Sylverly:
Apparently, my friend is so mad and even threatening to divorce his wife.

No, this is not a case of infidelity or unfaithfulness. My friend and his wife got married last year. Both are working and keeping personal savings. My friend works at a very far distance, however, the wife's work place is approximately 10minutes walking distance.

My friend's mother-inlaw stays in a different city, and she is close to retirement. My friend just found out that the wife sent money to his brother to get a car for the mum. Though, she was actually going to tell him or inform him about it. Just that her mum was the first to call my friend, thanking him for their kind gesture.

My friend's anger was that the wife knows how much stress he passes through this period to get to work. But she however made her choice on the best person to get a car for.

Please, what is your opinion about this. I don't even know what to say.

I don't understand. He is angry she bought a car for her own mother? Is he high on his own fart? Is it not her own money? Abeg let him go and find a wet transformer to hug.

Divorce ko, divorce ni. Eleribu somborri

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Ishilove: 12:02am On May 25, 2020
Richy4:
Every Tom, Dick and Harry is talking about divorce nowadays as if it was a weather forecast..
I bow. I am sure the aproko OP is the one exaggerating though

1 Like

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 6:26pm On May 25, 2020
Ishilove:

I don't understand. He is angry she bought a car for her own mother? Is he high on his own fart? Is it not her own money? Abeg let him go and find a wet transformer to hug.

Divorce ko, divorce ni. Eleribu somborri
Snr Mod, no vex nah.. cheesy . It's just this dichotomy about Mother-inlaw and wife, on who should "always" be considered first in some key decisions of a man. But, seems the opposite gender justifies putting theirs first when the ball is in their palms.
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 6:27pm On May 25, 2020
Ishilove:

I bow. I am sure the aproko OP is the one exaggerating though
I'm a very quiet, reserved young man..who minds his business most times smiley
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 6:33pm On May 25, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Is the lady's husband pregnant? Is his calf swollen and his stomach the size of an elephant? Is he breeding, not just his bur THEIR child? How is it that you can't see that the two scenarios are completely different.

That he bought his mother a car is not even the problem here. He is driving a car himself and is letting his pregnant wife jump buses. That's where I have a problem.

Is it that you guys dont get the fact that a man ought to provide and cater for his wife? She is breeding his children for goodness sakes, shouldn't her comfort come first, before even his own?

In thia scenario the lady doesn't work yet and doesn't need a car. So the man is right to buy one for the mother first. But when the children start coming, he needs yo step up and buy a car for his wife to take them to school.
I would have applauded you on this but, your comment is quite enveloped by gender bias
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 6:34pm On May 25, 2020
wirinet:

That is a very selfish behaviour. You say her own personal account should be no issue, but his own personal account should be an issue, right?

The guy might the responsible for the house rent, feeding, school fees, medical expenses of the family, utilities, etc., and most probably, that was why he has not been able to buy a car for himself. And here you have the wife using "her own personal account" to buy a car for her own mother without consulting the husband.

A woman that puts her extended family before her nuclear family is not worth to be called a wife.
Simple truth most ladies fail to acknowledge

1 Like

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Ishilove: 8:06pm On May 25, 2020
Sylverly:
I'm a very quiet, reserved young man..who minds his business most times smiley
That means you are the man angry over his wife's money cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Ishilove: 8:08pm On May 25, 2020
wirinet:

That is a very selfish behaviour. You say her own personal account should be no issue, but his own personal account should be an issue, right?

The guy might the responsible for the house rent, feeding, school fees, medical expenses of the family, utilities, etc., and most probably, that was why he has not been able to buy a car for himself. And here you have the wife using "her own personal account" to buy a car for her own mother without consulting the husband.

A woman that puts her extended family before her nuclear family is not worth to be called a wife.
Ehhhh, so I have to consult my husband before I can spend my own personal money? undecided
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 8:32pm On May 25, 2020
Ishilove:

That means you are the man angry over his wife's money cheesy
���..You think so
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Ishilove: 8:34pm On May 25, 2020
Sylverly:
���..You think so
Yelz
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by wirinet(m): 8:54pm On May 25, 2020
Ishilove:

Ehhhh, so I have to consult my husband before I can spend my own personal money? undecided
Yes my dear. That's why it's called a marriage. Otherwise, you two should have been living as boyfriend and girlfriend without the need or trouble of signing a contract to "love honour and obey" and "till death do us part".

It seems most Nigerians enter a marriage contract without even understanding the meaning of marriage.

In addition; the husband too must inform his wife before making any major expense that might affect the fortunes of the family. It will be wrong for the man to buy an iPhone 11 for his sister, while the wife is using Itel A20.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Acidosis(m): 9:15pm On May 25, 2020
We don't have a lot of info to judge anyone. The man earns his own money, right? He's spending on rent, food, etc., while the wife do nothing but save towards buying a car for her mother? If this is the situation, the guy should simply withdraw his "services" so wifey and her mother can feed and house each other.

The mother is responsible though. The very fact that she called her son-in-law to show appreciation tells a lot.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 9:16pm On May 25, 2020
Ishilove:

Yelz
My profession doesn't give room for gossip
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Genset: 9:24pm On May 25, 2020
Sylverly:
I would have applauded you on this but, your comment is quite enveloped by gender bias

How? I am very sure that your friend is a Yoruba man. They are the only ones that happily relaxes and feels entitled to their wife's money. Yoruba men are just not it.
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 9:26pm On May 25, 2020
Genset:

How? I am very sure that your friend is a Yoruba man. They are the only ones that happily relaxes and feels entitled to their wife's money. Yoruba men are just not it.
hate to burst your bubbles embarassed
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Ishilove: 9:33pm On May 25, 2020
wirinet:

Yes my dear. That's why it's called a marriage. Otherwise, you two should have been living as boyfriend and girlfriend without the need or trouble of signing a contract to "love honour and obey" and "till death do us part".

It seems most Nigerians enter a marriage contract without even understanding the meaning of marriage.

In addition; the husband too must inform his wife before making any major expense that might affect the fortunes of the family. It will be wrong for the man to buy an iPhone 11 for his sister, while the wife is using Itel A20.
Ehhhhhh

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Ishilove: 9:34pm On May 25, 2020
Sylverly:
My profession doesn't give room for gossip
Which reinforces my conviction that you are the offended husband
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Genset: 9:41pm On May 25, 2020
Sylverly:
hate to burst your bubbles embarassed

I know I am 100% right.
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 2:30am On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:

Which reinforces my conviction that you are the offended husband
lol..you might be disappointed by that
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 2:31am On May 26, 2020
Genset:

I know I am 100% right.
no, you don't know...
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by veave(f): 7:02am On May 26, 2020
Acidosis:

We don't have a lot of info to judge anyone. The man earns his own money, right? He's spending on rent, food, etc., while the wife do nothing but save towards buying a car for her mother? If this is the situation, the guy should simply withdraw his "services" so wifey and her mother can feed and house each other.

The mother is responsible though. The very fact that she called her son-in-law to show appreciation tells a lot.

You're not sure of the scenarios. Besides this here is a bad advice.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Exquisite And Durable Furnitures For Your Home / Is Ur Wife Important Than Ur Children? / Why He Only Dates White Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.