Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:09 AM

My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue (6221 Views)

Doctor Batters Wife Over Refusal To Circumcise Daughter / Man Beats His Wife Over A Dress, Months After Making Her Lose Her Pregnancy / Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by decatalyst(m): 3:52pm On May 23, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Explains why she didn't tell him. Case closed. Cause I know if that man went to his village and spent 50k on his siblings and cousins, hardly will he tell his wife, as would most men, but women pretend like it doesn't matter and they don't care. He should pretend too.

I need to rest this here. Your "point" is no longer mentally stimulating.

Take care. Cheers!
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sixfeetbelle: 3:54pm On May 23, 2020
decatalyst:

I need to rest this here. Your "point" is no longer mentally stimulating.

Take care. Cheers!

Come back and continue defending him. Why are you resting your case here? I know that if this story was reversed, your argument will change tone.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by wirinet(m): 6:01pm On May 23, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:
Your friend is overexaggerating and should calm down. If there was no incentive to put resources together, her buying her mom a car from her own personal account should be no issue. Otherwise, the wife did badly.

But if he wants a divorce, he should go ahead. Immature people shouldn't be married anyways.
That is a very selfish behaviour. You say her own personal account should be no issue, but his own personal account should be an issue, right?

The guy might the responsible for the house rent, feeding, school fees, medical expenses of the family, utilities, etc., and most probably, that was why he has not been able to buy a car for himself. And here you have the wife using "her own personal account" to buy a car for her own mother without consulting the husband.

A woman that puts her extended family before her nuclear family is not worth to be called a wife.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sixfeetbelle: 6:38pm On May 23, 2020
[b][/b]
wirinet:

That is a very selfish behaviour. You say her own personal account should be no issue, but his own personal account should be an issue, right?

The guy might the responsible for the house rent, feeding, school fees, medical expenses of the family, utilities, etc., and most probably, that was why he has not been able to buy a car for himself. And here you have the wife using "her own personal account" to buy a car for her own mother without consulting the husband.

A woman that puts her extended family before her nuclear family is not worth to be called a wife.

Being married doesn't entail all your finances be put into one purse. Couples have joint account then they also have their personal account. Whatever he/she does with it is their personal business but once they are needed to support the family's finances and they fail to do so, that's when it becomes an issue.

Let me ask you, if the situation was reversed, what would be your argument?
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Oladayo12(m): 6:41pm On May 23, 2020
addictiv:
Well if the roles were reversed and the man was the one buying a car for his mother when his wife is trekking and jumping danfo on the dailies... Most women will not let us hear word. They ll call the man all sorts of names, and tell him to go and marry his mother since she's more important to him.... Double standards everywhere. When a woman does something.. She's being a strong woman, she's standing up to patriarchy, she's acting within her rights as a woman. When a man does the same thing, they wail like an unfed toddler.
Mr op send that disrespectful and inconsiderate woman back to her mothers house.
Go back and say you are joking dude.
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Oladayo12(m): 6:53pm On May 23, 2020
I'm pretty sure the man will outrightly object her from buying the car for her mum had it been she informed him before hand, but all the same she should have notify him about it. That aside, He should go ahead with his divorce, i wonder why some men feel like they're doing a woman great favour by marrying her.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by wirinet(m): 7:10pm On May 23, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:
[b][/b]

Being married doesn't entail all your finances be put into one purse. Couples have joint account then they also have their personal account. Whatever he/she does with it is their personal business but once they are needed to support the family's finances and they fail to do so, that's when it becomes an issue.

Let me ask you, if the situation was reversed, what would be your argument?
No one is saying that all finances must be put into one purse, what I am saying is that major family decision that involves huge capital must be discussed and agreed upon in a marriage. Family current and future family expenses are are huge; the cost of education in Nigeria is huge. I already pay up to 500,000 every 3 months for school fees for 3 children (one in secondary and two in primary). I shudder to imagine what I would be paying when they get to university. All these in the face of dwindling economic realities in Nigeria. If my wife or I is making huge profit or money now, it is sensible to discuss savings for a rainy day (maybe start contributing money to an education fund for the children )

As a family, we should prioritise and plan for the future. The bane of Africa (both families and societies ) is our inability to plan for the future, and that is the reason we are getting poorer and poorer.

If my wife use her money to buy car for her mother, when we have crucial family needs, I will be very upset. I would not even complain openly, but know that I will start prioritising personal expenses over family ones, and I will stop buying any thing for her.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by wirinet(m): 7:15pm On May 23, 2020
Oladayo12:
I'm pretty sure the man will outrightly object her from buying the car for her mum had it been she informed him before hand, but all the same she should have notify him about it. That aside, He should go ahead with his divorce, i wonder why some men feel like they're doing a woman great favour by marrying her.
Divorce is harder on women in this part of the world than on men. It's very difficult for a woman with 3 or 4 children to start all over again. If the children are still young, they stay with the mother. A man can simply disappear and start a new family. Men in these parts are not forced to pay child support.
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Oladayo12(m): 7:27pm On May 23, 2020
wirinet:

Divorce is harder on women in this part of the world than on men. It's very difficult for a woman with 3 or 4 children to start all over again. If the children are still young, they stay with the mother. A man can simply disappear and start a new family. Men in these parts are not forced to pay child support.
Yes you are perfectly right bro, some women are truly going through hell either divorced or not. But the op's wife seems to be working, she should be able to raise her kids up herself with or without a man.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by wirinet(m): 7:39pm On May 23, 2020
Oladayo12:
Yes you are perfectly right bro, some women are truly going through hell either divorced or not. But the op's wife seems to be working, she should be able to raise her kids up herself with or without a man.
It depends on who run the upkeep for the house. Family expenses for a 6 months to 1 year period will buy most cars (tokunbo). If the wife runs the house alone, then she has some right to buy a car for whomsoever, but if it's the man that runs the house or it is being done jointly, then it is wrong for the woman to buy the car without consulting her husband.

Even if the woman is financially buoyant and able to raise the kids herself, a woman raising kid alone without a father or father figure hardly ends well.
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Kollyman: 7:44pm On May 23, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Why are men of these days so lazy and dependent on women? I just dont get it.

So if his wife buys him a car he will drive it happily? What about pride? Chivalry? What about self dignity?

That aside, do you know the bond between the lady and her mother? So because he gave her a ring, he thinks he is now more important than her own mother? What has he done to earn such privilege?

Lazy men everywhere looking to live off their wives. If your friend cannot keep trekking let him buy himself a car, simple!

The fact that you are not fortunate to have a working/happy relationship does not mean that all women should be unhappy like you.

Always read your messages before you post them, they do not speak well of your person.

No one is fighting a gender battle, if it favours you, be happy. If not, pray to God to help you.

Love/marriage is beautiful, forget all the nonsense that people write on NL
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Oladayo12(m): 8:17pm On May 23, 2020
wirinet:

It depends on who run the upkeep for the house. Family expenses for a 6 months to 1 year period will buy most cars (tokunbo). If the wife runs the house alone, then she has some right to buy a car for whomsoever, but if it's the man that runs the house or it is being done jointly, then it is wrong for the woman to buy the car without consulting her husband.

Even if the woman is financially buoyant and able to raise the kids herself, a woman raising kid alone without a father or father figure hardly ends well.
The deed has been done already & she has apoligised, i disagree with your last statement bro some men out there are mere figure head i'm sure you know that. some women can singlehandedly raise a child successfully without a man while some obviously can't. Also, it takes the grace of God and not the presence of the father. Pls don't get me wrong here having both parent is quite splendid but never a measure to determine the child's coming out good or not.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by wirinet(m): 8:32pm On May 23, 2020
Oladayo12:
The deed has been done already & she has apoligised, i disagree with your last statement bro some men out there are mere figure head i'm sure you know that. some women can singlehandedly raise a child successfully without a man while some obviously can't. Also, it takes the grace of God and not the presence of the father. Pls don't get me wrong here having both parent is quite splendid but never a measure to determine the child's coming out good or not.

Believe me, in my relatively short life on earth, I have seen and experienced a lot. I know lots of highly successful single mothers. Their children hardly end up well. Most I know end up being drug addicts or never self sufficient, but depend on their mothers for life.
Don't get me wrong, even children raised by both parents can end up wayward and there are a few children raised by single mothers that end up rounded and successful, it just that statistically, children raised by single mothers end up being wayward.
I think it nature. Children fear and respect their fathers more than mothers in their teen years. It is after the teen years that the equation sometimes changes.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Lamanii22(f): 8:44pm On May 23, 2020
Gloriagee:
Wat a wicked and jealous hubby, I presume. Was his grouse the fact that she didn't tell him or that she would earn more than him?

It's probably best known to him.... But if I were the one I can't and would not quit my job... We would talk things out ni.... Ko si time...

1 Like

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by yvelchstores(f): 9:02pm On May 23, 2020
Ningen:
Divorce is an exaggeration. undecided
May we not end up with inconsiderate wives.
so the woman buying car for her aged mother as opposed to her husband is her being inconsiderate? this is funny.the only issue here is she would have informed him on her plans.
if he wants to divorce her,he should go ahead. maybe he is waiting to be bribed with a car to stay in the marriage

1 Like

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by mcdokwe(m): 9:14pm On May 23, 2020
Even though I might feel bad about her not pre-informing, it is not a big deal. But this is likely to cause a great deal of disaffection in the family.

Even though buying a car for your husband is not a big deal, the way marriage is going these days, men should learn to be in charge, it doesn't matter if your wife earns more, just be in charge less you hear stories years from now, stories like "I built him, I bought him the car he is riding," you'd be busy cruising in your car and people will be like "look at him, woman buy car for you, you carry am dey do shakara."

Let him not make it a big deal, if a car is so important to him, he may take on a fewer demanding responsibilities at home and save for his, good a thing kids are not an issue yet.

Buy you own, get rest of mind.
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Gloriagee(f): 10:36pm On May 23, 2020
We shall continue the begging...something that'll benefit the entire family in the long run.
Lamanii22:

It's probably best known to him.... But if I were the one I can't and would not quit my job... We would talk things out ni.... Ko si time...

1 Like

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by bukatyne(f): 10:56pm On May 23, 2020
Funny thread.

The solution to men's misbehaviors is not behaving like them: it would mean all the complaints stems from lack of opportunity and not a moral ground.

It also means that women are no different from the men they are complaining against; they do not just have the opportunity.

Instead, retain your good attitude and insist that whoever you tangle with behaves appropriately.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by ikemesit4477: 11:12pm On May 23, 2020
Poorboy:
your friend is a theif, let me put it in the language you should understand.

If he likes let him trek to hell fire

The wife doesn't owe your friend abi you anything.

Why he didn't tell the husband is that the husband will not allow her buy the car.
pray your wife shouldn't do the same to you in the future! What that woman did is totally wrong, she should have inform the husband first before taking such a drastic decision whether the man accept it or not, you can't tell! give respect to whom respect is due, That shows she does not value her husband!
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Poorboy: 12:07am On May 24, 2020
ikemesit4477:
pray your wife shouldn't do the same to you in the future! What that woman did is totally wrong, she should have inform the husband first before taking such a drastic decision whether the man accept it or not, you can't tell! give respect to whom respect is due, That shows she does not value her husband!
continue with your mentality

1 Like

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by frozen70(f): 2:36am On May 24, 2020
Sylverly:
Apparently, my friend is so mad and even threatening to divorce his wife.

No, this is not a case of infidelity or unfaithfulness. My friend and his wife got married last year. Both are working and keeping personal savings. My friend works at a very far distance, however, the wife's work place is approximately 10minutes walking distance.

My friend's mother-inlaw stays in a different city, and she is close to retirement. My friend just found out that the wife sent money to his brother to get a car for the mum. Though, she was actually going to tell him or inform him about it. Just that her mum was the first to call my friend, thanking him for their kind gesture.

My friend's anger was that the wife knows how much stress he passes through this period to get to work. But she however made her choice on the best person to get a car for.

Please, what is your opinion about this. I don't even know what to say.

She sent money to her own brother to get a car for her own mother, right

And your friend believe he should be the one to own the car rather

The person in question is his mother in law

He shouldn't reason like that because he doesn't know what the family have been through before he met her and she could be doing so to appreciate her mother

What he should be talking about is how he can get his own car, if he is sure the wife has the power to buy more or if she can afford another car

He doesn't even know if other of her siblings contributed but she brought the bigger portion
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by ikemesit4477: 2:44am On May 24, 2020
Poorboy:
continue with your mentality
my point is, kindly refrain from supporting evil!
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by kayusely70(m): 3:07am On May 24, 2020
The woman shouldve told her husband
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Poorboy: 7:11am On May 24, 2020
ikemesit4477:
my point is, kindly refrain from supporting evil!
look at your face like evil, lazy Akwa Ibom boy
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Theyoungmatron: 8:04am On May 24, 2020
wirinet:

Funny at the emboldened cheesy. Thats an errorneous submission.
You forgot that most people grew up without their father or father figure. it doesn't make it right but that's the reality. Either he died young or he ran away and the mother was left to train the children singlehandedly. If you have never seen such then you must be living in Eldorado.
How many of your friends and classmates were trained by both parents from infancy till adulthood? Did they all turned up as an addict, drug pushers and the lowest ebbs in the society.?

6 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by ikemesit4477: 8:24am On May 24, 2020
Poorboy:
look at your face like evil, lazy Akwa Ibom boy
for your mind! Keep deceiving yourself!
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by GOVERNMENTBOY20: 1:53pm On May 24, 2020
blank:
So many fake stories biko. This is a variation of earlier twitter stories.
good afternoon. Happy Sunday
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by belcom10(m): 2:40pm On May 24, 2020
The wife did wrong. At least she could have discussed with the husband first. The immediate family should be comfortable first before extending to her mother. So I think the wife is immature about marriage.
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Vulcan24(m): 9:35pm On May 24, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Why are men of these days so lazy and dependent on women? I just dont get it.

So if his wife buys him a car he will drive it happily? What about pride? Chivalry? What about self dignity?

That aside, do you know the bond between the lady and her mother? So because he gave her a ring, he thinks he is now more important than her own mother? What has he done to earn such privilege?

Lazy men everywhere looking to live off their wives. If your friend cannot keep trekking let him buy himself a car, simple!

guy I don't know y u wrote this jargon but if this is how u are thinking

u must be a single man with no plan to have a family

secondly I religiously pray u meet a woman that will support her mother and leave u to slave for her.

if u av any reply to this u are wasting ur time.
this piece shows u lack wisdom
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Vulcan24(m): 9:53pm On May 24, 2020
the poster

please don't share frnds issues without their permission

his wife did not love him, check well ....that marriage is patching up
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Vulcan24(m): 9:56pm On May 24, 2020
Poorboy:
you don't understand motherly love.

You don't know the sacrifice the mother might have made to the lady in question .

It's not a matter of loving the husband but her own personal conviction that her mother deserves a car.

The boy(husband) in question is a jealous type, the wife knew telling him he won't allow her buy the car.

Don't compare mother with husband it doesn't fall in the same sentence.

never assume a thing in marriage untill you discuss it. that lady is an embodiment of secrets...... she just started feeling out her personality

this is one year marriage and she's starting to keep secrets
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by BrainRider: 9:58pm On May 24, 2020
Sylverly so her offence is buying her mum a car?
It is well.
I don't know what else to type.
:
Apparently, my friend is so mad and even threatening to divorce his wife.

No, this is not a case of infidelity or unfaithfulness. My friend and his wife got married last year. Both are working and keeping personal savings. My friend works at a very far distance, however, the wife's work place is approximately 10minutes walking distance.

My friend's mother-inlaw stays in a different city, and she is close to retirement. My friend just found out that the wife sent money to his brother to get a car for the mum. Though, she was actually going to tell him or inform him about it. Just that her mum was the first to call my friend, thanking him for their kind gesture.

My friend's anger was that the wife knows how much stress he passes through this period to get to work. But she however made her choice on the best person to get a car for.

Please, what is your opinion about this. I don't even know what to say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? / The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man / Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.