Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Sultan Of Sokoto Declares Sunday 24th May Day Of Eid -el-fitri - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sultan Of Sokoto Declares Sunday 24th May Day Of Eid -el-fitri (372 Views)

New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir / Ibadan Muslims Defy Sultan’s Directive, Observe Eid-El-Fitri Prayer On Wednesday / Eid-el-kabir: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares September 1st Sallah Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sultan Of Sokoto Declares Sunday 24th May Day Of Eid -el-fitri by igwe699(m): 9:20pm On May 22, 2020
The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa'ad Abubakar CFR has declared Sunday 24th of May as Day of  Eid -El-Fitri.

This is coming after reports that the Shawal Crescent Moon was not sighted in Nigeria, the National Moonsighting Committee Nigeria has reported earlier.

In A Press Release by the Sultanate Council received by seen by AUTHENTIC NEWS GIANT signed by Prof. Sambo Wali Junaidu Wazirin of Sokoto it reads:

The Sultanate Council Advisory Committee on Religious Affairs in conjunction with the National Moon Sighting Committee did not receive any report from various Moon Sighting Committees across the Country confirming the sighting of the New Moon of Shawwal 1441AH, on Friday, 22nd May, 2020 which was the 29th day of Ramadan 1441AH.

Therefore, Saturday, 23rd May, 2020 is the 30th day of the month of Ramadan 1441AH.

His Eminence, Alhaji Muhammad Sa'ad Abubakar CFR, mni, the Sultan of Sokoto and President General, Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) has accepted the report and accordingly declared Sunday, 24th May, 2020 as the first day of Shawwal 1441AH. (Day of Eid-El-Fitr).

His Eminence, the Sultan felicitates with the Nigeria Muslim Ummah and wishes them Allah's guidance and blessings. The Sultan while urging the Muslim Ummah to continue to pray for peace, progress and development of the Countryhe also wishes all Muslim a happy Eid-El-Fitr. May Allah (SW T) accept our religious deeds, amin.

SOURCE: https://authenticng.com/sultan-of-sokoto-declares-sunday-24th-may-day-of-eid-el-fitri/

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares Sunday 24th May Day Of Eid -el-fitri by Ussycool: 9:23pm On May 22, 2020
YEAH
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares Sunday 24th May Day Of Eid -el-fitri by Afospecialk: 9:26pm On May 22, 2020
Masha Allah
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares Sunday 24th May Day Of Eid -el-fitri by espn(m): 9:28pm On May 22, 2020
No issues...
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares Sunday 24th May Day Of Eid -el-fitri by PoliticallyInco: 9:28pm On May 22, 2020
Hallelujah.

Where are all my Muslim friends. We must celebrate together. My stomach is prepared.

Big Congrats to them. Fasting isn't easy. Even when I water fast for health reasons (which is way harder than the Muslim fast). I know how it can be. Done 21 days only water type of fasting. Day 1 to day 3 is a drag. By day 4 hunger goes away. Fasting is highly beneficial to one's health. Blood pressure normalizes,blood sugar goes down, medical conditions get fixed. Bad cells die off. The body rejuvenates.

I rub my hands in glee waiting for the celebration. I shall enjoy the meals. I will even go soliciting for it.

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares Sunday 24th May Day Of Eid -el-fitri by espn(m): 9:28pm On May 22, 2020
No issues... We gallant... 29...30..All join...
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares Sunday 24th May Day Of Eid -el-fitri by igwe699(m): 9:42pm On May 22, 2020
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares Sunday 24th May Day Of Eid -el-fitri by IslamVIRGINS(f): 10:37pm On May 22, 2020
Moon Where Are Thou

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron / Welcome Me Into Islam / Suratul Falaq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.